Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    My wife is due any day now. YeeHaw!!!!
    She just went on maternity leave so we are pretty much ready for this little angel go come into this world.
    She wil be our first. I was just painting the room and my wife is right now upstairs watching Baby Story.
    Holy Shit this is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted.
    We want to know how everything goes.
    And you are obligated by posting here to also post some pics, :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    Well it looks like I'm in for more ultrasounds still, which is ok by me. Apparently these ultrasound are to keep a track of the baby's growth because of my kidneys, but I don't know what the connection is.

When I went for my ultrasounds they also ultrasounded my kidneys at the same time.
    Do they do that for you too? I was told they wanted to see how they handle the water I drank.
  • Options
    twin1 wrote:
    Hello Everyone, I am so happy to be on this thread and read about everyone's experiences. I am sorry to hear about the hard things and the little things that make it a little more complicated. They may not run smoothly but when you get to hold them, you forget about all the hardship. I personally have found when your baby is sleeping on your chest and you can feel their heartbeat and listen to their breathing there is nothing like it, you can't believe how much you love that little person and their need for you is scary and wonderful at the same time, you would give them the world if you could, they have your heart right off the bat. :):)

Congrats on the news about your boy!

I agree that though overwhelming, the love you have is unbelivable!
  • Options
    twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    genevieve wrote:
    Yay!
    I have lotsa boyish stuff for Adria.
    I love blue too.
    Way more than pink.

I can't stand pink and lacy little things. Blue is also my favorite color. My oldest is a tomboy and doesn't like pink or really girly stuff. My 3 year old on the other hand loves pink and is extremely girly so I grin and bear it because that is who she is and what she loves. Funny how different they all are. Don't feel bad though if you are having a girl and don't like the traditional stuff. I let my kids play with barbies and cars without a preference, makes them more well-rounded... :)
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. We found out on the 5th of July. This will be our first. She has been noxious (sp?) for about three weeks, morning, noon, and night. I hope she feels better soon.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    Well it looks like I'm in for more ultrasounds still, which is ok by me. Apparently these ultrasound are to keep a track of the baby's growth because of my kidneys, but I don't know what the connection is. I will have to ask the doctor more about it next time I see her. The lady who did my ultrasound yesterday indicated that the baby was a little bit on the small side, and that I needed further ultrasounds for them to keep an eye on it's size, but everything else seemed perfectly normal and healthy.

If you don't mind my asking, who brought up your kidneys and why? I might be able to offer some insight.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. We found out on the 5th of July. This will be our first. She has been noxious (sp?) for about three weeks, morning, noon, and night. I hope she feels better soon.

Nausea.
    hehe.

Congrats.
    You will also need to be keeping us updated on how things are going!
    Hope all goes well for you guys. So many pregnant ladies! :D
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Since I was on bed rest, I didn't get to go crazy and shop for clothes for Annabelle and I planned to do so after she was born... Well, EVERYONE on my husband's side of the family went insane buying clothes as soon as we found out she was a girl so she has a ridiculous amount of clothes. Some are frilly and some arent. But I've found that my absolute favorite thing on her, despite having probably about 100 different outfits to choose from, is a simple white onsie. :D
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    twin1 wrote:
    Hello Everyone, I am so happy to be on this thread and read about everyone's experiences. I am sorry to hear about the hard things and the little things that make it a little more complicated. They may not run smoothly but when you get to hold them, you forget about all the hardship. I personally have found when your baby is sleeping on your chest and you can feel their heartbeat and listen to their breathing there is nothing like it, you can't believe how much you love that little person and their need for you is scary and wonderful at the same time, you would give them the world if you could, they have your heart right off the bat.

On another note, I had my sonogram done yesterday. It was my SO's birthday and a nice surprise. I am finally getting the boy I wanted! Yeah!!! After 2 girls I am getting a boy! Daddy was beaming, not completely outnumbered in the house anymore. They also moved up my due date to Dec. 26th. I will be 20 weeks on Aug. 8th. The baby is about 1 lb. right now and appears to be fine. I am carrying really low though so they could not look at the brain completely so I may have to go back for another sonogram.
    I'll keep you posted and look forward to reading about other's experiences also! :):)

Congats on having a boy. I think you are as excited about having a boy as we are about ours being a little girl. I also think you might be the first on this thread to be having a boy this time :)
  • Options
    Wow, another girl!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations. :D It was so exciting to find out what Annabelle was. Do you have a name picked out yet?

I had to get monthly ultrasounds to track Annabelle's growth, too. For me, it was because of my blood pressure. Plus I had biophysical profiles every week from week 28 - 32 and then an amniotic fluid index every week after that until I delivered. How many weeks are you now? It was fun taking a peek at my little girl every friday. Since I was on bed rest, going to that appointment was the highlight of my week. ;)

We have a few girls names, first and middle, that we both agree on. We will decide from those names once she is born and we get to see which name suits her.

I'm 28 weeks at the moment. and I'm feeling a-ok, but I am glad they are keeping an extra eye on me, it makes me feel much more comfortable.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    When I went for my ultrasounds they also ultrasounded my kidneys at the same time.
    Do they do that for you too? I was told they wanted to see how they handle the water I drank.

No they don't actually, which is interesting, but I have been having blood and urine tests to keep an eye on my kidney function and so far everything is staying stable.
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:

Congats to you both :) If you read back through this thread you might find a few hints on how everyone here as managed their morning sickness, there could be some good tips there for your wife.
  • Options
    If you don't mind my asking, who brought up your kidneys and why? I might be able to offer some insight.

I have IgA Nephropathy, which I've know about for about 8 years or so, but it has remained stable all this time and the doctors say I can go my whole life without it ever getting too much worse, or on the other hand something could go wrong and things could go down hill very quickly so I have to get my blood pressure checked every 3 months normally (although there was a period of about 5 years ther when I never saw a doctor! Stupid kid, I was).
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    I'm 4 months. Starting to feel fat and have just fired my ob and won't see my new one until the end of the month. My 1st one told me nothing and now I'm a bit paranoid about everything.
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options

He is beautiful!!! Love the crying pic. Even though it's hard to watch/hear them cry, they still look so damn precious when they're doing it. My dad carried a picture in his wallet of me pouting with my lip out (an act for which I was famous as a baby) until they day he died when I was 17 years old. :) I thought that was sweet.
  • Options
  • Options
    RobynRAZ wrote:
    I'm 4 months. Starting to feel fat and have just fired my ob and won't see my new one until the end of the month. My 1st one told me nothing and now I'm a bit paranoid about everything.

I felt fat until about 26 weeks and was seeing my gp who I didn't feel comfortable with until 20 weeks, she never told me anything except what I had to know for that particular visit each time, but the doctor I am seeing now is great. I'm sure yours will be too. don't worry there is very little to feel paranoid about and once you see a better doctor your mind will be put at rest.
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    still pregnant! and definitely over-due! I was due on 8-2 ..... but i feel like im having some mild contractions all morning ... so maybe sometime tonight or tomorrow! :D

...as for names for our little girl we are stuck between Lucy Michelle & Sophia Michelle (call her Sophie) ... we agreed to decide once we see her & which one we think fits her best. i love them both! So its gonna be a hard call!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    still pregnant! and definitely over-due! I was due on 8-2 ..... but i feel like im having some mild contractions all morning ... so maybe sometime tonight or tomorrow! :D

...as for names for our little girl we are stuck between Lucy Michelle & Sophia Michelle (call her Sophie) ... we agreed to decide once we see her & which one we think fits her best. i love them both! So its gonna be a hard call!

I love both of those names! My grandma's name was Lucy. :)
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    I love both of those names! My grandma's name was Lucy. :)

me too ... thats how we came up w/ Lucy. My Dad's mom was Lucy ... she passed away 6yrs ago to cancer...
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    girl, you STILL haven't had your baby?! I hope she comes here soon and btw, those names are TOO precious!!:)

Please post a pic when your little one is born :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    pacifier wrote:
    I felt fat until about 26 weeks and was seeing my gp who I didn't feel comfortable with until 20 weeks, she never told me anything except what I had to know for that particular visit each time, but the doctor I am seeing now is great. I'm sure yours will be too. don't worry there is very little to feel paranoid about and once you see a better doctor your mind will be put at rest.

Thanks, I am looking forward to meeting her. I just feel like there is so much information about what to do and what not to do (and so much that is probably crap) that I'd rather hear it from my doctor - of course I will meet her one week shy of my fifth month which is already past the halfway point (whihc seems like a long way to go with little info)... oh well people used to wing it all the time and things turned out alright!
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I have IgA Nephropathy, which I've know about for about 8 years or so, but it has remained stable all this time and the doctors say I can go my whole life without it ever getting too much worse, or on the other hand something could go wrong and things could go down hill very quickly so I have to get my blood pressure checked every 3 months normally (although there was a period of about 5 years ther when I never saw a doctor! Stupid kid, I was).

Ah. Well, fortunately, pregnancies in women with IgA nephropathy with normal kidney function don't seem to be at an increased risk of complications with the exception of preeclampsia. Any woman with kidney disease is at an increased risk of it. Preeclampsia, you may already know, is a combination of elevated blood pressure, protein in the urine, swelling sometimes, and there can be abnormalities in certain blood tests. Preeclampsia can also affect kidney function. You're likely being followed closely for this.

I'm not aware that IgA nephropathy poses a risk for fetal growth problems (unless the baby has it, too), but preeclampsia does. This is a round-a-bout way of saying that I was hoping to answer your question about why you're having the ultrasounds, but I'm not sure. Yep. Best to ask your doc. It may be that he/she is simply being cautious.

I didn't go through the thread since you posted this, so I'm sorry if this is redundant info. Best of luck. I'll be interested to see what your doc says.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    Galaxie - congrats! sorry to hear about your wife's nausea, thankfully that is not long term though

Brain of J. Lo - love the name Annabelle. What is the middle name?

Pacifier - glad they are keeping close tabs on you.

Fighting Hellfish - Beautiful! love the pics, he is adorable!!!

EddiesGurl - I'm so excited for you, I like both names as well but like Sopihia Michelle better.

RobynRAZ - Hang in there, it can be frustrating, reading up on some books and paying attention to signs of your body help alot also, no one is going to care more or pay attention more about your pregnancy than you.
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • Options
    He really has your wifes eyes huh?
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    pacifier wrote:
    Congats to you both :) If you read back through this thread you might find a few hints on how everyone here as managed their morning sickness, there could be some good tips there for your wife.

Thanks. I'll see what I can find.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    I know thers a med you can take.
    I never had morning sickness so I dont know.
    I know if you get hungry you will feel sick imediatley.
    So always have snacks on hand, and protein really helps.
    A friend of mine is on the meds right now. Shes got really bad morning sickness.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Annabelle is laughing now!!!!! :D

We first heard a little giggle on Saturday morning. I said something sarcastic to her daddy, we both laughed and she let out a quiet little giggle right after! Because it was so quiet, we kind of wrote it off as cooing and decided we were just delusional and that she wasn't really laughing. However, this evening, she has been laughing her head off at everything! :D It's so exciting to see her start interacting with us!! :D
  • Options
    twin1 wrote:
    Brain of J. Lo - love the name Annabelle. What is the middle name?

thank you! It's Annabelle Elizabeth. :)