Buffalo Sabres

191011121315»

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/twitter-reaction-jets-deal-kane-to-sabres/

They got Kane..well a different kaner. They traded Myers, Stafford and others..rebuilding again. JHC
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Rebuilding again? They traded prospects for 2 known commodities. Stafford is a Ufa and everyone knew Myers was a goner.

Bogosian and Kane are high end.

The key pieces from the sabres are the 1st, lemieux, and myers.
    The Sabres are trading a HIGH first pick, fuggin idiots
    All Buffalo franchises are not allowed to have 1st round picks.

Kane is a nut job and Bogo is OK.
    No its not. Its Stl or nyi
    ok okay then
    apparently they get to pick the lowest one, whoever that ends up being.

Also remember that Buffalo will likely have the 1st pick of Round 2 as well.

So they will have #1 or #2, probably about #20, and #31. The odds of STL or NYI making it in the top 4 is high so they likely traded pick somewhere between #27-#30

Armia will be 22 soon and looks OK but isnt exactly lighting the AHL on fire. Lemieux looks good, but is still young/unknown and years away. Myers is major, but you could sense they were going to trade him, and Stafford has been a goner for awhile due to UFA.

Some risk there on both sides, but I like this from Buffalo's standpoint. If it does anything, it speeds up the rebuild.

We may have
    Kane McEichel Ennis
    Gionta Reinhart Moulson
    Foligno Grigorenko ???? UFA/Trade Justin Williams?
    Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Ristolainen Zadorov
    Bogosian Pysyk
    McCabe Weber/Gorges

Neuverth/Makarov/Ullmark

That isnt a #30 in the NHL team anymore
    Well, we lost the lottery, but still got Eichel, who projects to be a dynamo in the NHL. They say he would go #1 in nearly every recent draft. Im happy with it. He was the whole reason it was so important to lock up #30. In case we lose the lottery. Arizona got fucked. That was our biggest fear.

So Edmonton. Im happy for them and their fans. I normally pull for them as my WC team. This will intensify as Im a huge McDavid fan. I just wish their owner was less of an evil scum bag. That kind of ruins in (and why McDavid looked suicidal immediately after the lottery).

Its looking good though. Eichel (theyll try unsuccessfully to trade for McDavid). Signed his linemate at BU, will draft #21 barring an Islanders' run, and again at 31. Those could also be packaged for an existing player such as Ryan OReilly. Also got Evander Kane coming into the fold next year, hopefully motivated.