Buffalo Sabres

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    as a Sabres fan, its my duty to loathe the Flyers. This particular team I dont hate nearly as much as Flyers teams past... but these 2 franchises have a long history together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOU4Ogzb5I
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Big Drop wrote:
    I don't listen to the Edge. . . they really like Nickleback. I pretty much only listen to 550AM.

:shock: Ouch! But they like Pearl Jam more.

Anyway, back to hockey. Pronger has been ruled out for tomorrow's game. So the Flyers are bringing up some reinforcements from the minors:

imagesCA9JYSNU.jpg

They look pretty tough. Bet the Sabres are scared.

I don't suppose you work for the Edge and or are one of the radio personnel for the aforementioned show between 3 and 7. . . are you?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Also on a side note I'm very happy the Sabres organization does not pay for the services of any ice whores. There's a place for them in football. . . there's not a place for them in hockey.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,317
    MayDay10 wrote:
    as a Sabres fan, its my duty to loathe the Flyers. This particular team I dont hate nearly as much as Flyers teams past... but these 2 franchises have a long history together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOU4Ogzb5I

Funny you should say that. I don't particularly love this group of Flyers. (I mean, the fucking captain wears a goddam Yankees cap.) The more we love 'em, the more everyone else hates 'em. Of course, they're still the Flyers, even if there's no Rick Tocchet or John Leclair.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Leopold in tonight. . . Sekera might be out.

I hate having a revolving door at defense especially when it's the weakest part of our team as is, but I suppose as long as Persson isn't dressing then it's still not time to panic. :shock:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Big Drop wrote:
    Also on a side note I'm very happy the Sabres organization does not pay for the services of any ice whores. There's a place for them in football. . . there's not a place for them in hockey.
    i could do without them too and my fave team started the trend, go figure :lol::lol::lol:

lets go buffalo
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

It seems like the Sabres are trying to slow the game down a bit. I don't hate the strategy, but it doesn't seem like it's helping them be more defensively responsible. Hopefully that Gerbe goal will pump them up a little bit.

Win one for the home crowd, guys.
    too many horrific breakdowns/giveaways by the defense in their own zone. Too many gifted scorers on the Flyers to get away with that.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    too many horrific breakdowns/giveaways by the defense in their own zone. Too many gifted scorers on the Flyers to get away with that.

One thing I've noticed is that Philly always has three guys standing in front of the net. I'm not talking about in the offensive zone either. It's so hard to get shots on the net because you have to get it through three players to even reach the waterboy.

On the other side, Philly is getting plenty of prime opportunities on Miller.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    5-3 ..GOTTA SCORE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I have never seen that before. . . where a goalie takes off his mask during a 5 on 3. I don't understand how that isn't delay of game.
    Big Drop wrote:
    I have never seen that before. . . where a goalie takes off his mask during a 5 on 3. I don't understand how that isn't delay of game.

crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Broken strap. Took a shot of it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I understand, but when this happened:

s100420_01howard-pg-horizontal.JPG

And this happened:

r-JHONAS-ENROTH-SABRES-large570.jpg

They didn't blow the whistle until the play was over. Why was it different this time around? We had a 5 on 3 and it's not like waterboy's mask fell off. . . he took it off himself. I just don't understand how that in itself is not a delay of game. I'm not saying that the game goes the other way if waterboy doesn't take off his helmet, I just think it was a really sneaky way to kill the Sabre's momentum on that 5 on 3.
    Big Drop wrote:
    81 wrote:

I understand, but when this happened:

s100420_01howard-pg-horizontal.JPG

And this happened:

r-JHONAS-ENROTH-SABRES-large570.jpg

They didn't blow the whistle until the play was over. Why was it different this time around? We had a 5 on 3 and it's not like waterboy's mask fell off. . . he took it off himself. I just don't understand how that in itself is not a delay of game. I'm not saying that the game goes the other way if waterboy doesn't take off his helmet, I just think it was a really sneaky way to kill the Sabre's momentum on that 5 on 3.

he took a shot and got away with it..but yes he did pull it off

bad break

win the next game
    Whistle is suppose to blow as soon as a mask comes off. I didnt see the play pictures, so no comment on it. You got vid and audio of that play
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Whistle is suppose to blow as soon as a mask comes off. I didnt see the play pictures, so no comment on it. You got vid and audio of that play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyAAuU1 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-VROjN8Nr8
    81 wrote:

I get the whistle is supposed to blow as soon as the mask comes off, but the fact of the matter is, that's the first time I've actually seen it happen, and it's because he took it off himself. Intentionally kicking the net off it's moorings is delay of game. I don't understand why this wasn't.

I'm bent and just looking for things to nit-pick about. Weak defense is going to be the death of us. It's just a shame since we were basically flawless down the stretch to make it into the dance.
    Big Drop wrote:
    81 wrote:

Bad reffing. The annoucers even talk about it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    81 wrote:

Bad reffing. The annoucers even talk about it

Bad reffing is becoming the standard, not the exception. It really irks me when the refs decide to make the "right call" when they've been content with making the wrong call for my team under the exact same circumstances.
    Big Drop wrote:
    Bad reffing is becoming the standard.

agreed. i'm still trying to figure out how hartnell recieved a penalty when the buffalo guy was cross checking him in his back while he was on all fours. how does that work?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

agreed. i'm still trying to figure out how hartnell recieved a penalty when the buffalo guy was cross checking him in his back while he was on all fours. how does that work?

I'm not sure what play you're talking about. I think we went for extracurricular activity after the play was over.
    Big Drop wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

I'm not sure what play you're talking about. I think we went for extracurricular activity after the play was over.

flyers were on a power play mid way thru the second. hartnell got knocked over to the side of teh net. buffalo guy hit him with his stick like 5 times in hartnell's back. both went off for 2 minutes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it looked like Weber was trying to have relations with Hartnall. Weber should have gotten a penalty. Hartnall came at Weber afterward, but made sure he didnt lift his arms because he didnt want a penalty. Pretty bad call.

The better team won though. You can see the effort and drive was there for the Sabres. Ultimately, the defense is too inexperienced for Philly's forward corps. The 2 guys with experience: Leopold is hurt, and Montador is the slowest player on the ice.
    Stay classy, Philadelphia.
    Had me real nervous. . . time to drive the knife to bone.
    bernie parent is starting game 6 :lol:
    bernie parent is starting game 6 :lol:

Our color guy, Harry Neal, was making fun of that during the game. He said it's going to be hard to get a scouting report on the next goalie they find to put in.

I've seen a lot of Flyers fans that are getting upset that Miller is punching guys in the crease. Apparently they weren't hockey fans back when Hextall made a career out of doing that exact thing.
    The headline to an Associated Press release is Sabres' Connolly doesn't return after getting hit from behind. What Richards did was disgusting, and that may be putting it mildly. The Associated Press calls it a cheap shot right in their headlines. It makes me wonder how Mr. Campbell is going to justify that it was a clean play.

What do you tell your son who dreams about playing in the NHL every night when he goes to sleep about this hit? That that's how grown ups play the game and in the NHL it's okay? Vincent LeCavalier looks like he is finally returning to his old form, and Matt Cooke hit him in 2008. Connolly has a history of head injuries already and it looked like maybe he was finally returning to a form of his old self. After today he might never play again.

I said it when Chara did it to Pacieretty, I said it when Torres did it to Seabrook, I said it when Downey did it to Lovejoy. These one to two game suspensions on blatant intent to injure hits shows how absolutely spineless the bigiwgs in the NHL are. It shows a complete void of integrity and responsibility on the part of the league. It is, has been, and always will be just a game at the end of the day. The fact that the quality of life of some of the men who play are going out the window is just deplorable.

Hitting is allowed in this league and there are very specific rules for how a hit is to be performed. Richards was nowhere close to being within those rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wRMsNCUlHQ
    dirty hit..was shocked he didn't get thrown out

they have all the pressure in the world on them tues night

you have a better goalie(although i will say they made the right move today with the waterboy..for once)

good chance