Buffalo Sabres

buffalojammerbuffalojammer Posts: 134
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
There not bad.....good but not Ottawa or even St Louis.
I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Wouldnt like the prospects of facing Ottawa at any point in the playoffs, but I am feeling really good about this team right now. Briere, Dumont, and Miller (not worth mentioning Pyatt) are out. Connolly has played the best he's ever played. Notably, Roy, Pominville, Numminen, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Mair, and Drury give 100% every game.

Also they are projecting to make money for the first time in like 20 years.. and thats not including possible playoff revenue.

The team's gotta keep winning. Winning fixes everything. They can make this team viable once again and preserve NHL hockey in Buffalo. This team is one of the youngest in the league so the Sabres could be good for a number of years. People will buy tickets once they realize the Bills are a sham and the Sabres are for real.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Wouldnt like the prospects of facing Ottawa at any point in the playoffs, but I am feeling really good about this team right now. Briere, Dumont, and Miller (not worth mentioning Pyatt) are out. Connolly has played the best he's ever played. Notably, Roy, Pominville, Numminen, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Mair, and Drury give 100% every game.

Also they are projecting to make money for the first time in like 20 years.. and thats not including possible playoff revenue.

The team's gotta keep winning. Winning fixes everything. They can make this team viable once again and preserve NHL hockey in Buffalo. This team is one of the youngest in the league so the Sabres could be good for a number of years. People will buy tickets once they realize the Bills are a sham and the Sabres are for real.

You forgot to mention Campbell, And there power play is sick # 4 in the leage, teams are trying not to get a penelty to put them on the power play, also they've won 11 of 13 lets hope they stay hot just remember to years back when they sucked in the beginning of the year and came on strong at the end just to see them come up short lets hope its not the oppisite this year,

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!! Screw Ottawa
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • I'm glad to see T.Numminen can still play at that level. After all he wasn't the big off season signing everyone there was probably waiting for.

Too bad Noronen's days are over at least in Buf.

They both are from my home town and fav team originally.
  • I'm glad to see T.Numminen can still play at that level. After all he wasn't the big off season signing everyone there was probably waiting for.

In the big free agent market earlier in the year all these teams were going crazy with signing big names and the Sabres thoudt there cemistry was ok and they didnt want to tamper with it, i think if the Penguens were to not get all those players and just have gotton Recci then i think they would have been alright with sid coming up

but yes Noronens time if the Buf are over, I think with Biron playing good has he has been there going to get rid of him for a defensman come playoff time

Frank the tank
  • In the big free agent market earlier in the year all these teams were going crazy with signing big names and the Sabres thoudt there cemistry was ok and they didnt want to tamper with it, i think if the Penguens were to not get all those players and just have gotton Recci then i think they would have been alright with sid coming up

but yes Noronens time if the Buf are over, I think with Biron playing good has he has been there going to get rid of him for a defensman come playoff time

True, i guess the Pens had to try something after the big slump. Looking at the standings now it seems that teams that didn't do anything too drastic have benefitted the most... Dal,Van,Ott,Nyr,Car and Buffalo.

Brian Campbell played and awesome year here during the lockout and am sure the new rules help his play a lot.
    I'm glad to see T.Numminen can still play at that level. After all he wasn't the big off season signing everyone there was probably waiting for.

Im a huge fan of Teppo. He is such a solid player. Always in the right spot doing the right thing. I also think he has added a lot of leadership to the locker room

I dont get Noranen. The majority of Sabres fans agree that he has the best skill set of our goalies. Whenever he gets an opportunity to grab the starting spot he gets shelled. Did you see him in that Rangers game this year though? Some of those saves were sick. Dont know if he is going anywhere. I have a feeling it will be Biron that gets traded.

couple other former sabres from Finland: Christian Ruuttu and Mikko Makela.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Im a huge fan of Teppo. He is such a solid player. Always in the right spot doing the right thing. I also think he has added a lot of leadership to the locker room

I dont get Noranen. The majority of Sabres fans agree that he has the best skill set of our goalies. Whenever he gets an opportunity to grab the starting spot he gets shelled. Did you see him in that Rangers game this year though? Some of those saves were sick. Dont know if he is going anywhere. I have a feeling it will be Biron that gets traded.

couple other former sabres from Finland: Christian Ruuttu and Mikko Makela.

Holy crap Christian Ruuttu good ol # 21, remember the helmet he had, Ahhhhh memories

Heres some names for ya....Doug Bodger or Adam Creighton

Frank the tank
  • Ottawa is way better. Sabers are the one of the worst teams in the league... actually they are better than Dallas or The rangers.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • china doll wrote:
    Ottawa is way better. Sabers are the one of the worst teams in the league... actually they are better than Dallas or The rangers.

True Ottawa is Better than Buffalo but there in 2nd in the NE and have won 11 out of the last 13 and are the hottest team in the leage so i wouldnt go so far as saying there the worst in the leage look at St. Louis for that one.

Frank the tank
    4th best record in the league. Biron 12 wins in a row. 7 road wins in a row.

they keep winning these nerve-racking games.
    Lets hope they can keep up the great all around play
  • Well the Sabres won again 6-3 against the Islanders

Frank the tank
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Well the Sabres won again 6-3 against the Islanders
    god dammit this sucks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• god dammit this sucks

Without the help of 2 former Sabres Satan and Shitnik

Frank the tank
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Without the help of 2 former Sabres Satan and Shitnik
    ah the islanders suck anyway. we all know that. shitnik good i think im gonna call im that next time i go to a isles game. nice win by buffalo
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ah the islanders suck anyway. we all know that. shitnik good i think im gonna call im that next time i go to a isles game. nice win by buffalo

No I like Zhitnik he was good for Buffalo, played a bunch on the ice never scored that much but was good on the penelty kill and the power play, its Satan that sucks he arogant and cocky and was a distraction to the team. he has these celebrations when he scores and does something different every time but the one that pissed me off the most was when he scored and pretended to bring out a cell phone to call his agent im glad hes gone but you guys are good to have Zhitnik

Frank the tank
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    thats funny ...i called shitnik that name all the time while here in the B-lo . I always liked him he was a grinder ...go sabers...I realy like the play of Gaustad ...i dont know if thats the spelling but man he is such a grinder...never quiting on any play ...thats what i love about these sabers . down 3-1 in the back of your head you have the feeling well hows it going to be tonight ....they never give up ...if they can find a way to beat ottawa things would be good...i was at the game where they beat us like 10-4 wow that still hurts.....anyway they have rebouded from it :)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

great game last night. I like the system of unleashing the d to aggressively pinch, while having the speedy forwards ready to quickly negate an odd man rush. From top to bottom the Sabres are an extremely quick team.

They are winning these games without 3 of our top players: Briere, Dumont, and Kalinen.

2 more wins and they will have as many wins as they earned in '02-03.
    2 more wins and they will have as many wins as they earned in '02-03.[/quote]

thats scary right there wow ....i think we need to trade for some D an we would be ookin sweeeet
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

thats scary right there wow ....i think we need to trade for some D an we would be ookin sweeeet[/quote]

I heard a rumor that we would trade Biron and Kalinin for Ed Jovanowski from Vancouver, only a rumor so dont get exited, they dont need anyone on offense a dig person on D wouldnt them and getting rid of Biron would solidify that Miller will be the # 1 guy in net.

Frank the tank
    thats scary right there wow ....i think we need to trade for some D an we would be ookin sweeeet

I heard a rumor that we would trade Biron and Kalinin for Ed Jovanowski from Vancouver, only a rumor so dont get exited, they dont need anyone on offense a dig person on D wouldnt them and getting rid of Biron would solidify that Miller will be the # 1 guy in net.[/quote]

no i heard the same rumor...i think having three good goalies on your team is a waste when you can get something good from one of them

go sabers.

what i said.
  • brain of c wrote:
    what i said.

haha thanks for the bump to the thread without saying bump

Frank the tank
    I have heard various rumors regarding our goalies and Vancouver's d-man. In my opinion thats all they are is rumors. I havent seen one legitimate source and Darcy Regier always works under the radar.

It would be awesome to get Ohlund or Jovo, but I dont think a cup hopeful team (Vancouver) will trade them. Unless they feel the whole season is lost without Biron.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    I have heard various rumors regarding our goalies and Vancouver's d-man. In my opinion thats all they are is rumors. I havent seen one legitimate source and Darcy Regier always works under the radar.

It would be awesome to get Ohlund or Jovo, but I dont think a cup hopeful team (Vancouver) will trade them. Unless they feel the whole season is lost without Biron.

Well Cloutier is out for the season and there back up isnt that great im not sure how there D is though also in the Buffalo news Chicagos GM is looking to let go alot of players including khabebulin (think thats how its spelled) but Biron was brought up there to.

Frank the tank
  • just wanted to show my love for the sabres here. i went to a game a little while ago when they played pittsburgh, and im going again next month when they play philly. i have 5th row from the blueline seats :)

the biggest issue they have is they play terrible vs ottawa. so hopefully someone else will beat ottawa in the playoffs (maybe the leafs, cause they always do ;) ) and then buffalo can go all the way!
    BritneyJam wrote:
    just wanted to show my love for the sabres here. i went to a game a little while ago when they played pittsburgh, and im going again next month when they play philly. i have 5th row from the blueline seats :)

the biggest issue they have is they play terrible vs ottawa. so hopefully someone else will beat ottawa in the playoffs (maybe the leafs, cause they always do ;) ) and then buffalo can go all the way!

I like your optimism ...ottawa will be tuff ....hopefully they will fold like they usally do in the playoffs ....i was at that terrible ottawa game ...i was so hyped up for it to.....lets go buffalo......................................

• True, i guess the Pens had to try something after the big slump. Looking at the standings now it seems that teams that didn't do anything too drastic have benefitted the most... Dal,Van,Ott,Nyr,Car and Buffalo.

best and smartest thing i have heard on this board about hockey. all the teams that stayed out of the stove to make changes are all atop the league. i believe it is because of team chemistry, and coahces didnt have to teach stuff to new players. guys playing on the same line always know where each other are on the ice so coaches and GM's didnt want to tamper with that.

on the other hand it is a good thing for teams like the pens. more fans come in to watch. yes i am from the burgh and i hope to god that they start winning. regardless of what anyone will say they are gonna get on a big run soon, probably miss the playoffs but since they got a new coaching staff they have lost their 4 games by only 1 goal.

ANYONE SEE CROSBY'S AMAZING ASSIST TUESDAY AGAINST THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! IMPRESSIVE EVER TIME HE STEPS ON THE ICE! IT'S LIKE WATCHING AND 1 HOCKEY!
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
    ANYONE SEE CROSBY'S AMAZING ASSIST TUESDAY AGAINST THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! IMPRESSIVE EVER TIME HE STEPS ON THE ICE! IT'S LIKE WATCHING AND 1 HOCKEY![/quote]

well one they have had some real close games that they lost all year ,alot of overtime losses as well,it seems like they just find away to lose .kind of like my buffalo bills they are there own worst enemy .

I saw crosbys assit that was pretty sweet ....the thing with him ,an i think he will be a great player someday ,but right now he just seems like he wines...is that apparent in the burg

well one they have had some real close games that they lost all year ,alot of overtime losses as well,it seems like they just find away to lose .kind of like my buffalo bills they are there own worst enemy .

I saw crosbys assit that was pretty sweet ....the thing with him ,an i think he will be a great player someday ,but right now he just seems like he wines...is that apparent in the burg[/quote]

no not really, i havnt heard him complain yet and i see most if not all of his interviews. and anyone who says he shouldnt be the assistant captain needs to watch his leadership and how hard he really does work on the ice.
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see