Buffalo Sabres

Comments

• StellyStelly Posts: 170
    BUFFALO wrote:
    its impossible ...there a small market team... this will always happen ...

reports out of canada said that campbell refused a 3 yr 18 mil contract offered by the sabres . 6 mil a yr ... i guess hes not happy with the shortness of the contract

I saw similar.....3yr $17mil. I think he wants 5 years, but I'm not positive.

Small market, maybe, but the revenues have to be there. The past 2 seasons have been complete sell-outs at HSBC and their merchandise has been flying as well. Not to mention extra gate revenue from 2 consecutive years on fairly long playoff runs.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Stelly wrote:
    I saw similar.....3yr $17mil. I think he wants 5 years, but I'm not positive.

Small market, maybe, but the revenues have to be there. The past 2 seasons have been complete sell-outs at HSBC and their merchandise has been flying as well. Not to mention extra gate revenue from 2 consecutive years on fairly long playoff runs.
    i guess just to break even / make a profit this yr they have to make the first rd of the playoffs. the biggest thing with the cap is there going to sign miller to a long term contract as well . and milsy not going to be cheap either ...
    if there going to lose soupy i just hope they can get something good in return for him ... ill def miss him though is a good guy ...
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

NY PJ1 wrote:
    guess this will be quiet for a few days :)
    well not so quite , great game the other nite, to bad the sabres D just handed the game to the rangers ....

big game monday against Philly .... A must WIN
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Stelly wrote:
    God, this team is frustrating. They get an opportunity to amke a big move in the playoff standings, and totally screw it up. Yuck.
    Just wait'll Friday.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Stelly wrote:
    God, this team is frustrating. They get an opportunity to amke a big move in the playoff standings, and totally screw it up. Yuck.
    Is Campbell's soupy getting traded or what...
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Is Campbell's soupy getting traded or what...
    yeah it looks like it ...hes really emotional about the whole thing though . He really wants to stay 1 because he close to his home town and 2 he pretty much grew up here . It will be tough for the sabs to sign him with miller waiting in the background to get signed . the cap thing is killin the sabres

London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Soupy's gone, but i think you guys won the trade, im sure Bernier still has upside.
    i think so to . hopefully his size helps out are team. we have no grit on are team with talent . i just hope are D doesnt fall by the wayside. many players Kalinin have got pick up the slack....

i think so to . hopefully his size helps out are team. we have no grit on are team with talent . i just hope are D doesnt fall by the wayside. many players Kalinin have got pick up the slack....

Sabres got much more than I was expecting for a rental player! Nice trade. Like BUFFALO said, hopefully Bernier's talent pans out. The Sabres need his grit and toughness. 25 goals wouldn't hurt either! :D

Campbell wasn't the greatest defensive defensemen, so I'm not overly concerned in that aspect. But the offense and power play sure took a hit.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    bernier ...what an impact 2 goals ...i couldnt ask for a better start... an to boot the sabres lookd like they had some added grityness to them. hopefully that stays put. i no kaletta mair and peters were flying around hittin anyone but ...i need to see grityness from the other players... connonly going after tutu was just amassing ...connonly ...

Lets go habs lol, a big 2 points for the Leafs as well tonight, we gotta beat the Lightning.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Lets go habs lol, a big 2 points for the Leafs as well tonight, we gotta beat the Lightning.
    Quoted for evidence. You're all witnesses to what Kenny just said.
    Rygar wrote:
    Quoted for evidence. You're all witnesses to what Kenny just said.
    Well we are trying to catch Buffalo, so a win by u guys could help us Leafs out.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well we are trying to catch Buffalo, so a win by u guys could help us Leafs out.
    Two points can help us right now in the standings, cause we won't be getting it tomorrow.
    Sens and Pens tomorrow too so even if we get 2 points tonight to pass the Sens and tie the Pens, one of 'em will be back ahead of us.
    Good game, great win for my boys.
    Sorry Sabres.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rygar wrote:
    Sorry Sabres.

LOL
    I might just hope they end up in 9th place. I'm not up for them showing up periodically in the playoffs, and then getting bounced. It's not worth the tease.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    I might just hope they end up in 9th place. I'm not up for them showing up periodically in the playoffs, and then getting bounced. It's not worth the tease.

oh boy here we go .....lol
    Rygar wrote:
    Sorry Sabres.
    its ok ... this only helps build the sabres character and hunger to be the best .... like i said before ,this season is going to be up and down for them...

the habs could be the best team in the east right now.. the sens are just on a downward spiral ....hahahahahahahhaha no probs here

oh boy here we go .....lol

LOL!

In all seriousness, I do hope they make the playoffs. There's nothing better than watching your team in palyoff hockey.

They've just been soooooooo frustrating this season. One game they look great, and the next, they completely fall apart.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    LOL!

In all seriousness, I do hope they make the playoffs. There's nothing better than watching your team in palyoff hockey.

They've just been soooooooo frustrating this season. One game they look great, and the next, they completely fall apart.

i know this all to well,, although i think we have turned the corner

just in time for the playoffs:) ...i pray
    I'm disappointed NYPJ1...I figured you would have been piling on in here earlier in the week!

Sorry for my abscence....my wife had a baby on the 4th!!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    I'm disappointed NYPJ1...I figured you would have been piling on in here earlier in the week!

Sorry for my abscence....my wife had a baby on the 4th!!
    congrats on the baby ... boy or girl ?

(PS - it was a boy!)
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    HOW FUCKING DISAPOINTING OF A GAME THIS IS . YOU let a 3-1 lead slip in the 3rd. miller letting some weak goals in... wtf ...playoffs ...playoffs ... playoffs............................

argh this team makes me go nuts

well the season is OVER>>> maybe its a good thing for this young team to have lost. idk maybe it will build some character or some hunger for the playoffs in the years to follow. all in all with all the losses from briere ,drury, campbelll,tempo numminen, connolly (hurt) and a rookie defence , i think they fard pretty good.

.i cant wait till next year to see how the team has grown. i love skera ,i wish this kid was playin with the sabres the whole year. ....