Buffalo Sabres

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    lol.

about 5 minutes after I posted that, Niedermayer scored his 1st of the season.
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Yeah, I was pretty stunned about that. I think I said something along the lines of, "If a tree falls in the forest and everyone is there to watch it fall, did anyone see Niedermayer actually score a goal?"

I don't know how much you follow the Portland Pirates, Mayday, but I keep pretty good track of them as well. Mancari has the hardest shot in the AHL, and would have one of the hardest shots in the NHL if he had a chance to stay up here. He's a very Gaustad like player, and I would love to see them work together on a line sometime this season. Cody McCormick has become a staple since he's earned a permanent spot on the team and I think Mancari will do the same. However, there was a point in the game where he was on the bench and they zoomed in on him, and NIckleback was playing in the arena, and he was mouthing the words, so I guess that dampens my enthusiasm for him just a bit. Other than that he's still one of my favorite Sabres-to-be.

Also, I managed to get this stunning photo of Montador out of the game last night. I think I'm going to have it developed and ask him to autograph it at the red carpet signing next season.

Photo03061906.jpg
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Since Pegula has taken over the Sabres have come out of each game with at least a point.

Pretty crazy to not believe that something as high up as ownership has an effect on the players.
    rick_martin.jpg

#7 in your playbooks, #1 in your hearts.

We will miss you dearly Ricky.
    r-RICK-MARTIN-DIES-DEAD-medium260.jpg
    I would take on anyone in the playoffs right now. I'm not saying that because we beat Ottawa, I'm saying that because it seems like this team feels like a team. These guys seem ready to do anything for anyone else on the team.

I haven't been this happy about hockey in a very long time.
    I fucking love this team
    Really big day tonight in terms of the Sabre's fate being decided. If Ottawa can beat Carolina and we can beat Montreal, it might be the final nail in the Hurricane's coffin.

There's this website I've been keeping tabs on called Sports Club Stats http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html that shows what your teams statistical percentage is for making the playoffs. Right now the Sabres are at 75% to make the playoffs, but if we win tonight and Carolina loses, I think it gets pushed up somewhere around 90%.

It's a really cool website, so if you haven't checked it out before Mayday, you really should.

Here's to wishful thinking.
    I would just like to put out there I have been the owner of a Jhonas Enroth Portland Pirates hoodie for about two years now. If he isn't splitting games 60/40 with Miller next year, something is wrong. This kid has NHL written all over him!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    YOUR WELCOME
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    YOUR WELCOME

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    It is nice, the Sabres can also have this turn sour real quick.

If they beat Carolina this weekend, you can schedule the parade (the one they throw for the teams who make the playoffs).
    '
    '
    'looking at the remaining schedule, and how Carolina has looked (especially against Buffalo), Im not too overconfident. They have put themselves in an amazing position especially with where they stood at Christmastime.... but they need to close it.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    It is nice, the Sabres can also have this turn sour real quick.

If they beat Carolina this weekend, you can schedule the parade (the one they throw for the teams who make the playoffs).
    '
    '
    'looking at the remaining schedule, and how Carolina has looked (especially against Buffalo), Im not too overconfident. They have put themselves in an amazing position especially with where they stood at Christmastime.... but they need to close it.

Eddie Olczyk predicted that whoever wins the game on Sunday will make the playoffs. I disagree, mostly upon the grounds that Eddie Olczyk is a complete moron. If you get to 93 points, you're everything but an absolute lock to make the playoffs. I don't like how we have a back to back this weekend against teams we haven't fared too well against this season, but i'm optimistic. If we can win one of the two, it should be good enough. If we win both, we've successfully taken the pressure off of us and put it back on the other teams. Every point counts, but these games we need 2 points out of every game. Losing in overtime just won't cut it.

I know i've said it before, but this website is great for seeing how our chances change with every single game: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html
    Without sounding stalkerish, someone with the name timconnolly just joined the 10C on April 2nd at 1am. What do you think the odds are that the Sabres Tim Connolly just joined?
  • gj209580gj209580 Posts: 16
    none - zero
    3.jpg

Somewhere, this man is crying right now.

Good riddance Canes. . . I'll never forget how arrogant, vulgar, and obnoxious their fans were during the '06 Eastern finals.

Hope they enjoy hitting the links.
    A Detroit win tomorrow gets us into the playoffs. I'm a very big wings fan right now.
    BUFFALOED
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Congrats Buffalo.
    Rygar wrote:
    Congrats Buffalo.

Why thank you! However we haven't won anything yet, nor will we most likely. . . this year.

But how cool would it be if we did?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Big Drop wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Congrats Buffalo.

Why thank you! However we haven't won anything yet, nor will we most likely. . . this year.

But how cool would it be if we did?

at least you guys are in the playoffs
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    what a night. Gerbe is a dynamo. I cant believe they turned it around this season and made the playoffs. Not only that, they can still grab the #6 seed. Amazing job the owner did changing the culture of the team without revamping everything. He said this is going to be a winning organization and kept everyone in place, thus making them believe they were winners.

The Sabres could do some real damage in the playoffs. Especially if Miller is rested and on his game. The Sabres I think are 16-4-4 in its last 24 games vs playoff teams.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    MayDay10 wrote:
    what a night. Gerbe is a dynamo. I cant believe they turned it around this season and made the playoffs. Not only that, they can still grab the #6 seed. Amazing job the owner did changing the culture of the team without revamping everything. He said this is going to be a winning organization and kept everyone in place, thus making them believe they were winners.

The Sabres could do some real damage in the playoffs. Especially if Miller is rested and on his game. The Sabres I think are 16-4-4 in its last 24 games vs playoff teams.

Have to root for the Sabres at least.

Only NY team that made it.

:(
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Have to root for the Sabres at least.

Only NY team that made it.

:(

Dude, you're going to get there, I promise!

I would rather fight twenty rabid squirrels than have to accept that the Hurricanes made the playoffs.
    What the shit? I turn on the game, I fall asleep, I wake up, the game goes from 0 to 0 to 3 to 3, Miller is pulled, Rivet is headhunting his old team, and Datsyuk possesses Stafford on his last goal, because I know Stafford can't actually pull off that move he just scored on.

Wow.
    miller played good. they pulled him at about the midway point. I think it was 1-1 at that time (maybe 2-1 Buffalo?)
    Hope Carolina enjoys hitting the links. I think I'm just as happy their out as I am that we're in. This whole season has been a rollercoaster ride. I'm just going to enjoy the ride wherever it takes us in the playoffs. No expectations this year, just pure bliss by making it. It's been a lot of fun so far. . . and I went to three of those first home games where they didn't win at all at the beginning of the season.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Big Drop wrote:
    Hope Carolina enjoys hitting the links. I think I'm just as happy their out as I am that we're in. This whole season has been a rollercoaster ride. I'm just going to enjoy the ride wherever it takes us in the playoffs. No expectations this year, just pure bliss by making it. It's been a lot of fun so far. . . and I went to three of those first home games where they didn't win at all at the beginning of the season.
    Pretty good attitude, I've got near the same outlook for my Habs, although I don't expect to get out of the first round. Playing the damn Bruins AGAIN.
    I think if they beat Philly in the 1st round, this season will be a huge success. If they lose I will be a bit disappointed.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think if they beat Philly in the 1st round, this season will be a huge success. If they lose I will be a bit disappointed.

I agree. . . I'd love to do something but I know that this is the very tip of the iceberg for what we can expect. I can't believe this happened this year. It just seems like yesterday that both the Bills and the Sabres were both in last place of their respective leagues and the guys on WGR550 were talking about how much their jobs sucked.

I've had my heart broken plenty of times before and I can take a few more times, but damn, wouldn't it be nifty if they actually did something?