Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Flagg wrote:
    Alright my friend. You know that 2nd time will be in Dallas right? Book your flights now Jeagler, Jearlpam, petroics, etc.

;)

If I'm not in Seattle for that game, I could very well be there. Actually I won't be in Dallas - Philly will have homefield locked up by then.
  • Options
    are you on crack? or do you just not follow football much?

McNabb did fine with the guys he had last night. His ability to escape and create time is what makes those guys good. Jackson looks really good, but any wr will do good with McNabb. Yall have good wrs, but no supermen. Do you follow football? Basically every single person on ESPN and NFL network commented that the Eagles haven't given McNabb a great wr, but Jackson might change that. They included the injured wrs in that.

I'm sure they are very good, but they are not game changing. Jackson might be.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    All I know is I'm done with this thread till December. See you then.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    All I know is I'm done with this thread till December. See you then.

me too...peace
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    good luck beating the giants with that shitty defense. look foward to another one and done in the playoffs this year. if you're lucky it will be another divisional round loss at texas stadium..............oh and what was with wade phillips and jerry jones acting like they won the championship last night. how pathetic. listening to wade phillips post-game press conference, you would've thought they just won 50-0. that dufus is a hell of a cheerleader, not much of a coach.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    but you guys will have to win a playoff game first. oooohhhh....such a daunting task for a team that hasnt won one since the mid nineties.....
    A 12 year play-off win drought is better than a 47 year championship drought...in my book anyway.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    A 12 year play-off win drought is better than a 47 year championship drought...in my book anyway.
    yup,
    Bring on the packers..
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    good luck beating the giants with that shitty defense. look foward to another one and done in the playoffs this year. if you're lucky it will be another divisional round loss at texas stadium..............oh and what was with wade phillips and jerry jones acting like they won the championship last night. how pathetic. listening to wade phillips post-game press conference, you would've thought they just won 50-0. that dufus is a hell of a cheerleader, not much of a coach.
    finally, someone else who knows something about football.

both teams were awful. blow coverage, fumbles, int, fucking missed handoffs, poor tackling...you kidding me? are you kidding me? these are two contenders? fuck that. lets see what happens when people actually cover the receivers and pressure the qb. both defense looked awful. worse than awful. it was a shitty game. very sloppy. sure, lots of scoring, but nothing in the way of clean execution. pathetic.

this is going to be easier than i thought for the giants. guess that leaves, well the packers and panthers as the contenders.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Still, bouncing back from those two bad plays (the INT and the fumble) was impressive. For him to even get them to the point where he needed to complete that final pass to Barber was amazing.

Take away the INT and fumble and we are talking about a Cowboys blowout this morning.

If Romo didn't throw a pic or fumble... it would have been a blowout? Dude your just retarded.. That game could have gone either way. The Eagles are only gonna get better.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    booomm11 wrote:
    If Romo didn't throw a pic or fumble... it would have been a blowout? Dude your just retarded.. That game could have gone either way. The Eagles are only gonna get better.

Those 14 points were gifts and you know it. You may not get them next time. Eagles D couldn't stop anything. Who is to say Dallas doesn't cram it right down their throats again?

And if you go back you will see that I have said it could have gone either way.

Retarded? Nice. Classy.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Those 14 points were gifts and you know it. You may not get them next time. Eagles D couldn't stop anything. Who is to say Dallas doesn't cram it right down their throats again?

Retarded? Nice. Classy.

Well if McNabb didn't fumble, the eagles would have went up two scores and probably won the game. That's hypothetical BS! The Eagle D created those turnovers. That Eagles team is young and growing. While that Dallas team is as good as it's gonna get. Much bigger upside for the Birds!

Sorry if i offended you with the retard comment. :)
  • Options
    oh and what was with wade phillips and jerry jones acting like they won the championship last night. how pathetic. listening to wade phillips post-game press conference, you would've thought they just won 50-0. that dufus is a hell of a cheerleader, not much of a coach.

I know.. ain't they annoying? lol.. Dudes running down the sideline with his tits bouncing around, Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones, Owens is a child, the list goes on. How about that gay water fight Owens and Romo had in week 1?

Sorry, I just can't stand this franchise. :)
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    Well if McNabb didn't fumble, the eagles would have went up two scores and probably won the game. That's hypothetical BS! The Eagle D created those turnovers. That Eagles team is young and growing. While that Dallas team is as good as it's gonna get. Much bigger upside for the Birds!

Sorry if i offended you with the retard comment. :)

No problem. :)

Eagles D in no way caused the Romo fumble. That was all butterfingers himself.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Im thinking next weeks game against the Pack is gonna be much like this game...a shootout.

Oh and Flagg...I'll be coming to Big D for the final game in Texas Stadium, I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    McNabb did fine with the guys he had last night. His ability to escape and create time is what makes those guys good. Jackson looks really good, but any wr will do good with McNabb. Yall have good wrs, but no supermen. Do you follow football? Basically every single person on ESPN and NFL network commented that the Eagles haven't given McNabb a great wr, but Jackson might change that. They included the injured wrs in that.

I'm sure they are very good, but they are not game changing. Jackson might be.

kevin curtis or hank basket/greg lewis. you're an idiot if you think basket or lewis are just as good. as a matter of fact, i'm done wasting my time talking to someone who knows so little about the subject.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

so you're not quite sure if you'll get out of the first round again huh? awwww
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    I know.. ain't they annoying? lol.. Dudes running down the sideline with his tits bouncing around, :)

hey now....take it easy on wade...he LOVES coaching in september and october. to him, this was like winning a playoff game (since of course he has never experienced an actual playoff win)

zing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so you're not quite sure if you'll get out of the first round again huh? awwww
    Anything can happen....hell, neither team could make the playoffs...it was only week two.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    hey now....take it easy on wade...he LOVES coaching in september and october. to him, this was like winning a playoff game (since of course he has never experienced an actual playoff win)

zing
    ...and Philly saved money on the new stadium because it didn't need a nice place to showcase all those Lombardi trophies. :D
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    This is gonna be fun!!!!
    And it looks to be easy....

Easy? Please explain? I seem to recall the Giants are the defending champs and last night the Eagles definitely showed that they're not all that on defense (and they're dirty! how many penalties? How many of those penalties were facemasks?!!!!??). For that matter, the Eagles could stand in their way. Despite not having thier leading recievers from the previous season (and it's definitely arguable if those WR's would make a difference), they still put up 37 points.

But go ahead -- keep thinking that the path to the Superbowl has been cleared for your precious Cowboys. The more you, the media, the players think that, the more they'll choke like the last two seasons. Heck, I seem to recall that EVERYONE practically handed the Superbowl trophy to the New England Patriots in the first week of the season last year.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    kevin curtis or hank basket/greg lewis. you're an idiot if you think basket or lewis are just as good. as a matter of fact, i'm done wasting my time talking to someone who knows so little about the subject.

Why, I'm wasting my time talking to someone so jaded they only can make unfounded insults and rediculous excuses for your team's LOSS.

I and every fucking sports caster is not wrong on this one. Yall lost, I get it, can you?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    Im thinking next weeks game against the Pack is gonna be much like this game...a shootout.

Oh and Flagg...I'll be coming to Big D for the final game in Texas Stadium, I can't wait!!!

Awesome! Let me know when you come in. Maybe we can meet up for a beer.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

Retarded? Nice. Classy.

it's amazing they took time away from the Tony 'H'omo jokes... which is hilarious (to a 3rd grader)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    don't forget everyone, this may have not even been a game is Romo didn't throw that pick or if Isaiah Stanback fielded the kickoff cleanly. but of course you play the game and shit happens. not gonna say it would've been a blowout, but definitely not as exciting if you correct those two plays.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    No problem. :)

Eagles D in no way caused the Romo fumble. That was all butterfingers himself.

yes, but not many things can go right when your backed up on the 1. Barber barely made it out of the endzone the previous play.

Don't get me wrong, you have a great team in Dallas. But you guys shouldn't be so quick to say, we got the East wrapped up! I like the Birds chances.
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    don't forget everyone, this may have not even been a game is Romo didn't throw that pick or if Isaiah Stanback fielded the kickoff cleanly. but of course you play the game and shit happens. not gonna say it would've been a blowout, but definitely not as exciting if you correct those two plays.

and if mcnabb didnt fumble in the 4th, the eagles would have won. lol.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Why, I'm wasting my time talking to someone so jaded they only can make unfounded insults and rediculous excuses for your team's LOSS.

I and every fucking sports caster is not wrong on this one. Yall lost, I get it, can you?

learn the game. study it. then we will talk.

thank you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    and if mcnabb didnt fumble in the 4th, the eagles would have won. lol.

And if Romo didn't make those two bonehead plays, when Mcnabb double pumped his hand-off the Iggles would have been down 14 points..if this if that, game over...move on.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    And if Romo didn't make those two bonehead plays, when Mcnabb double pumped his hand-off the Iggles would have been down 14 points..if this if that, game over...move on.

hence my point. the other guy was saying if if if if....the cowboys wouldve blown the eagles out. thats stupid. you can say (if this or that) about anything that has ever happened in the history of time and something else would have happened as a result. but thanks for your support. you're still a fraud cockroach though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    All of this hair-pulling is fucking ridiculous..........

Final Score:
    Dallas Cowboys - 41
    Eagles - 37

Time to move on.........
    Next game: Green Bay Packers

I can't wait to hear Favre's name mentioned 44,444 times during this game....