Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Flagg wrote:
    Philly needs to win a title in something, sometime soon. It's driving those people crazy!

Just not this year though.

Terrance Newman will be back on Monday night, so that's good.

Haha, you have no idea man. Especially with the Phils tanking it now as well. But everything's better in Philly anyway.
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    It's also funny how people from the Philly area (Newtown) don't want to say where they're from when they're a fraudulent fan. See the thing is what really makes this rivalry isn't the Cowboys team, or the people of the surrounding Dallas area - hey, you're allowed to cheer for Christ's sakes, I mean that's your team, it's not really a beef with those people. What makes this rivlary, or this eternal hatred, is for fraud fans like sir above who grew up in the Philly area but had to sell out because they don't know what the word loyalty means. Nothing more I can't stand than a Philly area person on the balls of teams such as the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc. Of course it's easy to cheer for the champion all the time. That doesn't make you a fan, that makes you a front-runner. Jimmy Rollins was really off with that term. If he wants to find a front-runner, look at those people. These people will never ever ever know the elation a Philly person will feel when we finally win something. The only people remotely close to having that feeling are Red Sox fans, BOSTON Red Sox fan - of course, not their bandwagon fans. But, that in itself is a sham because they saw 2 Super Bowl champions and MULTIPLE basketball championships before 2004. You frauds from the Philly area will never know what it's like to hug as many people near you and almost come to the point of tears in sheer joy when your team wins because no one close to you will care. So good luck Dallas people. All you other fraud fans - SUCK MY BALLS.

First off, you don't know shit about me, so learn something before you open your mouth. That being said, I am a Phillies/Flyers fan. I was actually in attendance when Tug McGraw struck out Willie Wilson to win the World Series. Also, who says it's a law you have to root for a team from the area where you live? Heck, I'd probably like the Eagles if it wasn't for some of their fans. I've gone to Dallas and Dallas games and have been a Dallas fan longer than you've been alive, so I could careless what your opinion of me or who I am a fan of is.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    First off, you don't know shit about me, so learn something before you open your mouth. That being said, I am a Phillies/Flyers fan. I was actually in attendance when Tug McGraw struck out Willie Wilson to win the World Series. Also, who says it's a law you have to root for a team from the area where you live? Heck, I'd probably like the Eagles if it wasn't for some of their fans. I've gone to Dallas and Dallas games and have been a Dallas fan longer than you've been alive, so I could careless what your opinion of me or who I am a fan of is.

you must be a 1/3 "fraud" ;)

I live in CT and like all NY teams except for football. My father liked the Cowboys and I grew up watching/rooting for them.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Well then you're all frauds.
  • Options
    Well then you're all frauds.

I'm in Texas, but it seems that across the country you find fans of the home teams or they are Cowboys fans. Seems that in California, Dallas has more fans than any of the teams out there. My dad and his dad have always been avid fans, so I've been a fan since I can remember. 1st year I became obsessed and watched every game was 89' (1-15).
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    I'm in Texas, but it seems that across the country you find fans of the home teams or they are Cowboys fans. Seems that in California, Dallas has more fans than any of the teams out there. My dad and his dad have always been avid fans, so I've been a fan since I can remember. 1st year I became obsessed and watched every game was 89' (1-15).

Obviously you're not a fraud. I'll argue with you all day about this matchup and both these teams, but not frauds - they don't get the time of day. They're kinda like carnies....smelly and odd. Ahhhh it's all in good fun. Well, no it's not, but I'll try and think that for other people's sake.

Honestly, and I hate to say it, but I'm getting less pumped about this game lately. I guess because it's so early in the season and there isn't much on the line. Then again, it is Dallas.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,444
    It's also funny how people from the Philly area (Newtown) don't want to say where they're from when they're a fraudulent fan. See the thing is what really makes this rivalry isn't the Cowboys team, or the people of the surrounding Dallas area - hey, you're allowed to cheer for Christ's sakes, I mean that's your team, it's not really a beef with those people. What makes this rivlary, or this eternal hatred, is for fraud fans like sir above who grew up in the Philly area but had to sell out because they don't know what the word loyalty means. Nothing more I can't stand than a Philly area person on the balls of teams such as the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc. Of course it's easy to cheer for the champion all the time. That doesn't make you a fan, that makes you a front-runner. Jimmy Rollins was really off with that term. If he wants to find a front-runner, look at those people. These people will never ever ever know the elation a Philly person will feel when we finally win something. The only people remotely close to having that feeling are Red Sox fans, BOSTON Red Sox fan - of course, not their bandwagon fans. But, that in itself is a sham because they saw 2 Super Bowl champions and MULTIPLE basketball championships before 2004. You frauds from the Philly area will never know what it's like to hug as many people near you and almost come to the point of tears in sheer joy when your team wins because no one close to you will care. So good luck Dallas people. All you other fraud fans - SUCK MY BALLS.

that is WELL PUT. WELL PUT good sir.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:

beat it cockroach. you define the phrase "fraud fan."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    that is WELL PUT. WELL PUT good sir.

Thank ya, thank ya.(waving to the crowd)
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:

Like I said...I don't argue with frauds.
  • Options
    Obviously you're not a fraud. I'll argue with you all day about this matchup and both these teams, but not frauds - they don't get the time of day. They're kinda like carnies....smelly and odd. Ahhhh it's all in good fun. Well, no it's not, but I'll try and think that for other people's sake. .

did you hear the 610 midday show yesterday? they had the "superbowl of knowledge" between birds and boys fans. the cuz did this due to his theory that you cannot have a love and full knowledge of your "favorite" team if you do not live in that teams city/area. so it was just a bunch of random questions about the eagles and cowboys history... the cowboys fans got shut out. i think it was like 7-0 (one idiot cowboys fan risked 2 points and got it wrong). some of the questions they got wrong were "name the cowboys coaches in order from landry to present.!"---how are you a fan of a team and not realize chan gailey coached that shit team for a couple years?!?!?! one guy also could not name 2 of their first round picks from 1995-2001. unbelievably pathetic. again, nothing against dallas fans who are FROM dallas. its all fun and games with you guys. its these frauds from around here who bailed on the birds in favor of a winning team. and it doesnt matter if it happend in the jimmy johnson era or the to era or in the 70's when they were winning super bowls. you're all frauds! (i also dont give a shit if your dad was a cowboys fan. that just means he's a fraud and you are not your own man)

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    did you hear the 610 midday show yesterday? they had the "superbowl of knowledge" between birds and boys fans. the cuz did this due to his theory that you cannot have a love and full knowledge of your "favorite" team if you do not live in that teams city/area. so it was just a bunch of random questions about the eagles and cowboys history... the cowboys fans got shut out. i think it was like 7-0 (one idiot cowboys fan risked 2 points and got it wrong). some of the questions they got wrong were "name the cowboys coaches in order from landry to present.!"---how are you a fan of a team and not realize chan gailey coached that shit team for a couple years?!?!?! one guy also could not name 2 of their first round picks from 1995-2001. unbelievably pathetic. again, nothing against dallas fans who are FROM dallas. its all fun and games with you guys. its these frauds from around here who bailed on the birds in favor of a winning team. and it doesnt matter if it happend in the jimmy johnson era or the to era or in the 70's when they were winning super bowls. you're all frauds! (i also dont give a shit if your dad was a cowboys fan. that just means he's a fraud and you are not your own man)

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh, I don't really base anything on the idiots that call 610. I mean I like Macnow, Gargano, Eskin(yeah, I said it - he such a dick and that's awesome), Didinger. But the rest suck so much - especially Cataldi. I hope he dies in a fiery plane crash. I'm sorry, but I do. He breeds nothing but negativity and white trash.
  • Options
    Meh, I don't really base anything on the idiots that call 610. I mean I like Macnow, Gargano, Eskin(yeah, I said it - he such a dick and that's awesome), Didinger. But the rest suck so much - especially Cataldi. I hope he dies in a fiery plane crash. I'm sorry, but I do. He breeds nothing but negativity and white trash.

agreed. but a lot of those idiots who cal 610 are dumb cockroach cowboy fans. and it was funny to hear them get humiliated by glenn and anthony. cataldi does suck though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Obviously you're not a fraud. I'll argue with you all day about this matchup and both these teams, but not frauds - they don't get the time of day. They're kinda like carnies....smelly and odd. Ahhhh it's all in good fun. Well, no it's not, but I'll try and think that for other people's sake.

Honestly, and I hate to say it, but I'm getting less pumped about this game lately. I guess because it's so early in the season and there isn't much on the line. Then again, it is Dallas.

It is early. The Cowboys 38-17 beating of the Eagles early in the season last year wound up meaning nothing.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    agreed. but a lot of those idiots who cal 610 are dumb cockroach cowboy fans. and it was funny to hear them get humiliated by glenn and anthony. cataldi does suck though.

Do you know Cataldi makes 1.7 mil/yr? It makes me sick to my stomach.
  • Options

And if you consider that 89 was my first year to be truely obsessed, then you understand why I detest the Eagles more than any other team, right? But rivalries are so fun for sports, and this one is my favorite. Don't worry NYG and WSH, I detest yall too.
  • Options
    And if you consider that 89 was my first year to be truely obsessed, then you understand why I detest the Eagles more than any other team, right? But rivalries are so fun for sports, and this one is my favorite. Don't worry NYG and WSH, I detest yall too.

Yeah, I don't get all DAL/WASH is your guy's bigger rivalry. I don't get it - I guess because of cowboys and indians or something? I mean c'mon, we have pure hatred for you guys.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't get all DAL/WASH is your guy's bigger rivalry. I don't get it - I guess because of cowboys and indians or something? I mean c'mon, we have pure hatred for you guys.

It goes back to the 70's with Landry/Allen etc. And like I pointed out the other day, there have been very few seasons where the Cowboys and Eagles were good at the same time.

It is only recently (since the 90s) that I have developed a sense of real rivaly with the Eagles.

But if you ask a long time Cowboys fan who their biggest rival is, 9 times out of 10 they answer Washington.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    It goes back to the 70's with Landry/Allen etc. And like I pointed out the other day, there have been very few seasons where the Cowboys and Eagles were good at the same time.

It is only recently (since the 90s) that I have developed a sense of real rivaly with the Eagles.

But if you ask a long time Cowboys fan who their biggest rival is, 9 times out of 10 they answer Washington.

Yep, like I thought - cowboys and indians.

YYEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW
  • Options

Yeah, the feelings are intense between all 4 teams, but I'd rank Philly as the no.1 rival. May be it is because of who is successfull at the time. But If Dallas was 1-15 again, Philly NYG and WSH would still hate on the Cowboys like they were on top.
  • Options
    Yeah, the feelings are intense between all 4 teams, but I'd rank Philly as the no.1 rival. May be it is because of who is successfull at the time. But If Dallas was 1-15 again, Philly NYG and WSH would still hate on the Cowboys like they were on top.

Actually I know for the most part that NY and WASH absolutely HATE the Eagles more than anyone else. I have a lot of friends in both places that I love like brothers and they loath Eagles fans...... And I love it.
  • Options
    Actually I know for the most part that NY and WASH absolutely HATE the Eagles more than anyone else. I have a lot of friends in both places that I love like brothers and they loath Eagles fans...... And I love it.

Best division i football for rivalries. The second best seems to be the NFC North. They have good rivalries up there too, but the East usually puts out better teams.
  • Options
    Best division i football for rivalries. The second best seems to be the NFC North. They have good rivalries up there too, but the East usually puts out better teams.

That's true. NFC East is usually the strongest division in football. We have three teams with the potential to go to the Super Bowl and Washington was just in the playoffs last year.

I made the comment earlier that it would be nice for just once to have a dominant team and everyone else suck like New England has enjoyed for the past few years.

But I guess that wouldn't be as much fun.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    That's true. NFC East is usually the strongest division in football. We have three teams with the potential to go to the Super Bowl and Washington was just in the playoffs last year.

I made the comment earlier that it would be nice for just once to have a dominant team and everyone else suck like New England has enjoyed for the past few years.

I'm fine with that, as long as it's the Eagles.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

Yeah, not as much fun... I guess. I bet they've had plenty of fun in NE. Still we've got the pride thingy.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    There's the Eagles vs Cowboys

And everyone else...deal with it :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Is it just me that never gets pics in my threads?
  • Options
    dbhdbh Posts: 156
    Is it just me that never gets pics in my threads?
    No one gets pics in these threads. That's just for the Art Wall thread. If you are referring to the post above yours, I think there was a big space put there on purpose. ;)
    ~we were but stones...your life made us stars~
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    dbh wrote:
    No one gets pics in these threads. That's just for the Art Wall thread. If you are referring to the post above yours, I think there was a big space put there on purpose. ;)

yes sir...big gap...kinda like that woman I sa..er...next question!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    dbh wrote:

OHHHH...I get jokes.