The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    you're still a fraud cockroach though.

As if that means something coming from you.... Ohhh I'm so upset :rolleyes: Go hijack the Steelers thread or something already...jeez.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    All of this hair-pulling is fucking ridiculous..........

Final Score:
    Dallas Cowboys - 41
    Eagles - 37

Time to move on.........
    Next game: Green Bay Packers

I can't wait to hear Favre's name mentioned 44,444 times during this game....

Exactly, especially with Madden doing the game. Should be another good game though.
  • learn the game. study it. then we will talk.

thank you.

Please... that's all you've got??? I'm not sure if any here know the game of football like I do. But I'm not going to presume anything. Point is, any of your WRs missing is like us missing Crayton,,, not Owens. Its not game changing. I'm not alone in this observation. In fact, you are alone in your excuse for losing. Go ahead, make your weak-ass, typical philly fan insult. Your love for your team apparently makes you blind to the what is actually happening on the feild; that is pretty common.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Please... that's all you've got??? I'm not sure if any here know the game of football like I do. But I'm not going to presume anything. Point is, any of your WRs missing is like us missing Crayton,,, not Owens. Its not game changing. I'm not alone in this observation. In fact, you are alone in your excuse for losing. Go ahead, make your weak-ass, typical philly fan insult. Your love for your team apparently makes you blind to the what is actually happening on the feild; that is pretty common.

missing our two starting receivers and starting, pro bowl, guard, is not akin to you just missing patrick crayton. anytime f'ing greg lewis is on the field, he is doing more harm than good. that said, you guys won. it was a great game. no team was close to blowing out the other. came down to the final drive. congratulations. its time to move on though. week 3 is just around the corner. i will see in december with the division on the line.

i love you.
    www.myspace.com

• i love you.

xoxoxox
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    alright, great. so seeing as how this is a Cowboys thread, let's talk Cowboys.

what do you Cowboys fans think of Watkins starting for the injured Roy Williams at the strong safety position?

personally, I'm really excited to see what he can do. he's in his 3rd year now and should be ready for this situation. and him being really tall, standing at 6'5, I wanna see him use that to his advantage.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • stylo17 wrote:
    alright, great. so seeing as how this is a Cowboys thread, let's talk Cowboys.

what do you Cowboys fans think of Watkins starting for the injured Roy Williams at the strong safety position?

personally, I'm really excited to see what he can do. he's in his 3rd year now and should be ready for this situation. and him being really tall, standing at 6'5, I wanna see him use that to his advantage.

Well, everyone's reaction to Roy's injury is the same as mine: it's not a bad thing at all. Roy was good, but he's a liability now. He's gonna get burned, garuanteed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    booomm11 wrote:
    yes, but not many things can go right when your backed up on the 1. Barber barely made it out of the endzone the previous play.

Don't get me wrong, you have a great team in Dallas. But you guys shouldn't be so quick to say, we got the East wrapped up! I like the Birds chances.

I still believe Dallas wins the division this year, because that's my team, but I've said it would be easy. Others have though. I will be a tough fight. I think that is even more the case after Monday night.

This is the NFC East. Nothing is easy.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    missing our two starting receivers and starting, pro bowl, guard, is not akin to you just missing patrick crayton. anytime f'ing greg lewis is on the field, he is doing more harm than good. that said, you guys won. it was a great game. no team was close to blowing out the other. came down to the final drive. congratulations. its time to move on though. week 3 is just around the corner. i will see in december with the division on the line.

i love you.

We love you too! :D
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Well, everyone's reaction to Roy's injury is the same as mine: it's not a bad thing at all. Roy was good, but he's a liability now. He's gonna get burned, garuanteed.

Agreed. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Did you see who it was that was chasing DeSean Jackson when he dropped the ball at the one? Roy Williams (and Pacman, who should have never trusted Williams to provide over the top help).
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Agreed. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Did you see who it was that was chasing DeSean Jackson when he dropped the ball at the one? Roy Williams (and Pacman, who should have never trusted Williams to provide over the top help).

Oh yeah, no surprise when I saw that. I feel better about Watkins or that rookie CB playing in Roy's spot. May be they can learn the position enough to heal one of our major weaknesses that we had last year. I totally believe that our defence will improve as the season goes on. The NYG fans are hoping they saw two sorry defences on Monday. What they actually saw are two amazing offences, expecially from the Cowboys. I still think we should have blitzed a little more often in that game, but this unit will come together. Couple that with our offence... yeah, we should win the EAst and more.
    Oh yeah, no surprise when I saw that. I feel better about Watkins or that rookie CB playing in Roy's spot. May be they can learn the position enough to heal one of our major weaknesses that we had last year. I totally believe that our defence will improve as the season goes on. The NYG fans are hoping they saw two sorry defences on Monday. What they actually saw are two amazing offences, expecially from the Cowboys. I still think we should have blitzed a little more often in that game, but this unit will come together. Couple that with our offence... yeah, we should win the EAst and more.

Yeah, I think it will get better. And if that was Eli back there instead of Houdini McNabb, there would have been six or seven sacks.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Sunday night should be fun! From the Dallas Morning News:

Charles Woodson is expected to play Sunday night, but the Packers typically give Al Harris the assignment of covering the opponent's best receiver. The Green Bay Press-Gazette has a story hyping the T.O.-Harris matchup in today's editions.

T.O. knows he'll see a lot of bump-and-run coverage from Harris, a Pro Bowler considered one of the league's most physical cornerbacks. It's a challenge that T.O. eagerly anticipates.

"Sometimes you live by the sword, and sometimes you die by the sword," T.O. said. "Sometimes being aggressive or overly aggressive, you try to exploit those things."

Harris has died by the sword the last couple times he battled T.O. As an Eagle in 2004, T.O. torched Green Bay for 161 yards and a TD on eight catches. T.O. had seven catches for 156 yards and a TD against the Packers last season, although his biggest gain came when he got matched up with LB A.J. Hawk and S Atari Bigby after going in motion.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:

Charles Woodson is expected to play Sunday night, but the Packers typically give Al Harris the assignment of covering the opponent's best receiver. The Green Bay Press-Gazette has a story hyping the T.O.-Harris matchup in today's editions.

T.O. knows he'll see a lot of bump-and-run coverage from Harris, a Pro Bowler considered one of the league's most physical cornerbacks. It's a challenge that T.O. eagerly anticipates.

"Sometimes you live by the sword, and sometimes you die by the sword," T.O. said. "Sometimes being aggressive or overly aggressive, you try to exploit those things."

Harris has died by the sword the last couple times he battled T.O. As an Eagle in 2004, T.O. torched Green Bay for 161 yards and a TD on eight catches. T.O. had seven catches for 156 yards and a TD against the Packers last season, although his biggest gain came when he got matched up with LB A.J. Hawk and S Atari Bigby after going in motion.

We do have an exceptional WR. This team looks good, shoud be a good game. Roger's looks good, but I still think rushing him and getting into the back field often is a good idea.

Our O-line is amazing. That's really the foundation of any great team, Ifrom my observation. You have to have that. We could see the Philly does, too. But a good sign was that theirs did eventually breakdown and ours didn't. That is one factor that made both ours and PHilly's Ds look bad. WE have a great O-line.
  • Sunday night should be a good game. I think the Packers have the upper hand though...either way, it's going to be an incredible game.
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Flagg wrote:

Al harris is good but if TO watches clips of How Plax played him in the playoffs Harris is gonna get burned tinme and time again I feel.
    Packers looking good, but let's see how they do against top notch teams.
    I call for another shootout like the Philly game.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    I wonder if Dallas is thinking about how to attack Aaron Rodgers. And I don't just mean by blitzing him. I have a feeling that the Dallas D will just rush its front 5 and force Rodgers to read the defense. I also think that Dallas will show blitz with someone like Hamlin, put him in the box, and then send him into a deep 3rd coverage. Hamlin has the skills to get back fast enough. I think they'll do this because although Rodgers has played VERY well these first 2 games, we need to remember that this is only his 3rd career start. Make him work for his yards and don't give the opportunity to just throw to his hot-reads if there's pressure, the Packers will prepare him for that.

I'm not saying we shouldn't blitz, but if the D doesn't get there fast enough, or there's no need to, then why do it? This isn't McNabb this week, and I don't see Rodgers slipping out of Ware's or Ellis' hands.
    6/11/08 WPB

• stylo17 wrote:
    I wonder if Dallas is thinking about how to attack Aaron Rodgers. And I don't just mean by blitzing him. I have a feeling that the Dallas D will just rush its front 5 and force Rodgers to read the defense. I also think that Dallas will show blitz with someone like Hamlin, put him in the box, and then send him into a deep 3rd coverage. Hamlin has the skills to get back fast enough. I think they'll do this because although Rodgers has played VERY well these first 2 games, we need to remember that this is only his 3rd career start. Make him work for his yards and don't give the opportunity to just throw to his hot-reads if there's pressure, the Packers will prepare him for that.

I'm not saying we shouldn't blitz, but if the D doesn't get there fast enough, or there's no need to, then why do it? This isn't McNabb this week, and I don't see Rodgers slipping out of Ware's or Ellis' hands.

They should blitz at least some, could catch some runs in the back feild, too. I think we can afford to be aggressive in this one. I don't see this one as quite the shootout as the last one. They are good, but we should have it.
    They should blitz at least some, could catch some runs in the back feild, too. I think we can afford to be aggressive in this one. I don't see this one as quite the shootout as the last one. They are good, but we should have it.

agreed. but how aggressive? I don't think we should blitz that much, and when we do, we can't always do it on 3rd down (an example). need to mix things up, maybe even use the athleticism of our lineman to our advantage and let them drop back in coverage in a zone blitz. make it fun :)
    what do you think?

one thing that does slightly worry me though is Green Bay using the play-action hoping to catch one of our more inexperienced players peeking in the backfield and going deep. I did like how the Cowboys blitzed Anthony Henry quite a lot though. I think it would have been more effective if our DB's weren't playing 8 yards off the receiver. I don't expect that to change though, since Greg Jennings and Donald Driver do have exceptional speed, more the former than the latter.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Can't wait for Tony Romo to collapse in the playoffs again!

How anyone can root for this team full of degenerates is beyond me.
    it's a sport... learn to live with it anyway you can. what is even more beyond me is how anyone can take sports that seriously that they condescend over other fans.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • ughh... people are annoying
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    stylo17 wrote:

It should help that this defense has faced Rodgers in real game action.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    It should help that this defense has faced Rodgers in real game action.

certainly. and now they will be preparing for Rodgers instead of Favre.
    6/11/08 WPB

• stylo17 wrote:
    agreed. but how aggressive? I don't think we should blitz that much, and when we do, we can't always do it on 3rd down (an example). need to mix things up, maybe even use the athleticism of our lineman to our advantage and let them drop back in coverage in a zone blitz. make it fun :)
    what do you think?

one thing that does slightly worry me though is Green Bay using the play-action hoping to catch one of our more inexperienced players peeking in the backfield and going deep. I did like how the Cowboys blitzed Anthony Henry quite a lot though. I think it would have been more effective if our DB's weren't playing 8 yards off the receiver. I don't expect that to change though, since Greg Jennings and Donald Driver do have exceptional speed, more the former than the latter.

absolutely, mix it up. Its worth it in this game to take some chances, IMO. I look for our offence to be on.
    absolutely, mix it up. Its worth it in this game to take some chances, IMO. I look for our offence to be on.

this game? why, because it's early or do you think that the team can handle Green Bay easily?

and yea, hopefully the offense can pick up where it left off last week. on fire.
    6/11/08 WPB

• I am thinking:
    Cowboys-38
    Green Bay-24
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    The thing about Aaron Rodgers is that he is just a younger version of Chad Pennington. Pennington was awesome when his suspect arm wasn't a worthless suspect arm, and he only had to throw short passes to the Johnson, Chrebet, Cotchery, etc. of the world, and could occassionally throw the deep ball. Look at Rodgers, the big knock on him coming out of college was that he was accurate but had a weekish arm, and with numbers like 18-22 for 178, and 24-38 for 328 both times less than 9 yards per attempt, whereas Romo has been over 10 yards/attempt both weeks, this criticism hasn't been put to the test.

Granted the Packers offense fits Rodgers strengths well...4-5 quick off the line receivers, but my feeling is that if you jam up his receivers at the line with Pacman and T-Newman it may be beneficial just to see how good he is with the deep ball. Of course last week we were getting burned by the DeSean Jackson's of the world so what do I know.

On the flipside, TO doesn't need to take notes from Plax on how to abuse Al Harris, b/c everyone and their mother abuses Al Harris. Check the game he had last year against that joker.
  • ryan198 wrote:
    The thing about Aaron Rodgers is that he is just a younger version of Chad Pennington. Pennington was awesome when his suspect arm wasn't a worthless suspect arm, and he only had to throw short passes to the Johnson, Chrebet, Cotchery, etc. of the world, and could occassionally throw the deep ball. Look at Rodgers, the big knock on him coming out of college was that he was accurate but had a weekish arm, and with numbers like 18-22 for 178, and 24-38 for 328 both times less than 9 yards per attempt, whereas Romo has been over 10 yards/attempt both weeks, this criticism hasn't been put to the test.

Granted the Packers offense fits Rodgers strengths well...4-5 quick off the line receivers, but my feeling is that if you jam up his receivers at the line with Pacman and T-Newman it may be beneficial just to see how good he is with the deep ball. Of course last week we were getting burned by the DeSean Jackson's of the world so what do I know.

On the flipside, TO doesn't need to take notes from Plax on how to abuse Al Harris, b/c everyone and their mother abuses Al Harris. Check the game he had last year against that joker.

Disclaimer: huge Packers fan and hate Dallas more than any team; I mean seriously, it should be Mexico's team and GB is the real America's Team

You're right about Harris; he got destroyed in the Pack's two biggest games last year. Woodson shuts everyone down and was injured against Dallas last year. He has been awesome so far this year and should be put on TO. This should be a shootout and hope Rodgers can break the Dallas curse.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    Disclaimer: huge Packers fan and hate Dallas more than any team; I mean seriously, it should be Mexico's team and GB is the real America's Team

You're right about Harris; he got destroyed in the Pack's two biggest games last year. Woodson shuts everyone down and was injured against Dallas last year. He has been awesome so far this year and should be put on TO. This should be a shootout and hope Rodgers can break the Dallas curse.

Can I ask you a question? If you are huge GB fan, how can you hate Dallas more than any other team? Shouldn't you hate the Bears, the Vikings, etc. more? GB\Chicago is one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports. Just curious is all.

Is is because of all the playoff games GB lost in Dallas in the 90s?

To your second point, Rodgers is young and inexperienced, but he scares me way more tham Brett Favre ever did. Favre has had his worst games against the Cowboys.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    OK, earlier I posted the piece about TO and Al Harris. Today the Dallas Morning News Cowboys Blog has another match-up to watch. BTW, highly recommend all of you Cowboys fans read this blog. Very imformative.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Here you go:

We'll take a break from hyping the T.O.-Al Harris duel to dig down into the trenches.

Packers left DE Aaron Kampman (6-4, 265) leads the NFL in sacks since the start of the 2006 season with 30, .5 more than Shawne Merriman and 2.5 more than DeMarcus Ware. Cowboys RT Marc Colombo (6-8, 318) is an under-appreciated player in a contract year.

Colombo's gutsy performance against the Packers played a significant role in last season's win at Texas Stadium. He had to come out a play after injuring his ankle in the first half, and he still held Kampman without a sack while Tony Romo threw for 309 yards and four TDs.

Colombo did have two false starts, but hey, the dude was battling a Pro Bowler with a bad wheel. And the Cowboys gave him very little help, freeing Jason Witten to have six second-half catches for 67 yards.

Kampman wasn't a factor against the run, either. He had three tackles -- one on a Romo bootleg and another on a 37-yard passing play -- and Marion "The Barbarian" Barber rushed for 81 yards on 17 carries.

Can Colombo handle Kampman again? We'll find out Sunday night, when a whole bunch of screaming Cheeseheads will be on Kampman's side.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13