Options

Columbia, SC Pre-party

Comments

• Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    odie wrote:
    it needs to have the wishlist logo and Pearl Jam and the bennificiary of the event on it...that is what Laura said not sure about size though, we are trying to get a banner from FL shows and maybe pass it on after us to the other shows after

Confused... pm me.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I need to make contact with the other people helping out but I am pretty sure we have decided to just do TTTS and not PETA.

You can pm or email me mindi_d@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions. I am off and on the computer all day so I will get back to you soon.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    tdub wrote:
    Location: Flying Saucer, 931 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201 http://www.beerknurd.com/
    Time: 3PM til showtime

WE NEED MORE DONATIONS FOR THE RAFFLE!! Anything -vinyls, merchandise, posters, signed stuff, etc. See listed of items donated below.

Guest List:
    tdub (+3)
    encompassing trip (+4)
    Dont Know Myself
    yefa
    Insidejob92
    itsmyblood248
    NCIrie (+1)
    pjsyco (+6)
    bama jam (+1)
    SpinMeRoundRollMeOvr
    pjammer 35
    frogwater (+2)
    Drew265 (+1)
    pandora (+1)
    Hail Hail PJ (+2)
    Blind3
    mamasan (+8)
    McJuicy
    tastybrew (+1)
    godukebeatthem
    AtlantaJammer (+3)
    Jamonit
    R-Dub81 (+1)
    hailhailwv(+1)
    Big Ed (+1)
    jamfanj (+1)
    tybird (+1)
    faithful227 (+6)
    stateesha (+5)
    ?ing my education
    Brain of L
    skere26
    Brain of Dz
    pathorses (+1)
    inmytree
    Dr J
    porchsitter4294
    iisee (+1)
    alluneedislove (+1)
    cathrind31 (+2)
    Leathermandi
    Capstoner
    mindi (+1)
    releeseme
    porchsitter (+1)
    King47 (+1)
    lug nut (+1)
    no1fromnowhere (+2)
    LordGoofy (+1)
    soulshine (+3)
    romajo (+1)
    PJ GA (+1)
    macjoey (+5)
    pjfan1974 (+1)

128 total - if i can still add :)

WindnoSail
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    odie wrote:
    it needs to have the wishlist logo and Pearl Jam and the bennificiary of the event on it...that is what Laura said not sure about size though, we are trying to get a banner from FL shows and maybe pass it on after us to the other shows after

Flying Saucer is going to make a banner for us to hang up outside. Just going to say 10 Club or Pearl Jam on it. The beer vendors are donating to us.
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    Flying Saucer is going to make a banner for us to hang up outside. Just going to say 10 Club or Pearl Jam on it. The beer vendors are donating to us.

Solves that problem. Probably the best way to go. Nice work! =]
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    Greenville SC 1998
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JHNYTXQM
    "All those Yesterdays" was played here.
  • Options
    mwbeck10mwbeck10 Posts: 274
    Thanks to Blind3 I'll be there....add me to the list :)
    10/27/00, 10/28/00, 10/20/01, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 10/25/03, 10/28/03, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/16/08
  • Options
    Alright - quick update. I'm not going to update the headcount anymore. We have a shit load of people - we know that now :) ..and the Saucer said we do not necessarily need a guest list. I've contacted to Saucer and talked to the GM. He's super cool and is going to ensure they have plenty of staff that day and are ready to fully accomodate us. He's going to have his beer vendors make the banner for us and is going to donate t-shirts and lots of other stuff to the raffle. super cool guy.

I told them we would have between 150 and 200 - maybe less, maybe more. He said that they are ready for us and should be able to fit us all in. They are still going to keep the outside deck area just for us, I think. There should be a banner or two up with "The Official 10 Club Pre-Party" on it. Funny - the GM said 'Ah - the ten club...like their first album?' when I told him what to put on it.

I'll only update the front page of this thread with donation items, going forward and will try to do that tomorrow. If you have items to be donated - please PM me.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hey Mindi,
    If you still need a banner for the fundraiser we own a print shop in Atlanta and can make and donate one for the party. Let me know what you were thinking
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Can you walk to the Saucer and the venue from the Marriott (not the Courtyard) - how far?
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    Can you walk to the Saucer and the venue from the Marriott (not the Courtyard) - how far?
    I'm staying there too and yes it looks like the Saucer is about 1/2 mile and the venue is about a mile. We are walking to both. Can't wait! Only 25 days!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    stateesha wrote:
    I'm staying there too and yes it looks like the Saucer is about 1/2 mile and the venue is about a mile. We are walking to both. Can't wait! Only 25 days!

I have not booked yet - what kind of rate did you get? I'm going to give Priceline a shot. I know someone got the Radisson for $60 on Priceline but it's a good bit further away.

• Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    I have not booked yet - what kind of rate did you get? I'm going to give Priceline a shot. I know someone got the Radisson for $60 on Priceline but it's a good bit further away.
    I did it through Priceline last night and got it for $69. I did 3 star in downtown (I think it was called downtown, I was trying for Hartford and Mansfield too so it might be a different name) for $69 and got the Marriott on Hampton. It is normally $185 so I'm happy!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    pandora wrote:
    Hey Mindi,
    If you still need a banner for the fundraiser we own a print shop in Atlanta and can make and donate one for the party. Let me know what you were thinking
    If you want to make one specific for us that would be really awesome! I'd love one that said benefiting TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome). Pearl Jam and Ten Club should be on there somewhere too.

Thanks again to everyone with all the help for this party/fundraiser, I think it is going to be great!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    stateesha wrote:
    I did it through Priceline last night and got it for $69. I did 3 star in downtown (I think it was called downtown, I was trying for Hartford and Mansfield too so it might be a different name) for $69 and got the Marriott on Hampton. It is normally $185 so I'm happy!

Just got the Marriott through Priceline. 1st bid $49 rejected, 2nd bid $54 accepted. $68.06 total after fees.

It's 3* in the Central zone. Do NOT bid the NW zone or you will probably get the Radisson, which is 7.5 miles away.

• Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    Just got the Marriott through Priceline. 1st bid $49 rejected, 2nd bid $54 accepted. $68.06 total after fees.
    Dang! I did $69 the day before and got denied so I thought I was bidding too low. I know better now for Mansfield and Hartford!!
  • Options
    Columbia has 4 free rebids if you are going for a 3* so you can start low and raise your bid a little each time. You may already know about that but if anyone wants an explanation of that, let me know.

• Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    Columbia has 4 free rebids if you are going for a 3* so you can start low and raise your bid a little each time. You may already know about that but if anyone wants an explanation of that, let me know.
    When I tried to do another one I had to change either the hotel ranking, the date or the area. Is there a way to rebid with the same info and not have to wait 24 hours?
  • Options
    Something I havent seen talked about yet but couldve missed... Do we have anyone incharge of playing PJ music during the pre-party??? At first I thought some people may think its a little cheesy but fuck em'... its a must I think.
  • Options
    stateesha wrote:
    When I tried to do another one I had to change either the hotel ranking, the date or the area. Is there a way to rebid with the same info and not have to wait 24 hours?

For what they call a 'free' rebid, you still have to change/add a zone but ... when bidding on say, a 3*, you use a zone that doesn't have any 3* or higher properties. There are 4 zones in Columbia that only have 2.5* or lower - Airport, I26 West, Northeast, and Ft. Jackson. If you bid on 3* Central (where the Marriott is) and get rejected, you add one of these other zones and up your bid slightly while keeping your bid ONLY at 3*. Since there is no chance of getting a 3* in the newly added zone, you basically get a free rebid at a slightly higher price and will only get the zone you really want if your bid is accepted. If your second bid is rejected, you up your amount slightly again and add another 'free' zone. So in Columbia, you could bid 5 times before you have to stop and wait 24 hours.

You must be careful when determining your free rebid zones because if you mess up, you could end up winning in a zone you don't want. The way to check zones is to select each one individually on your initial bid screen and note what star levels are available. For example, if you select I-26 West zone, you would see that 3* is grayed out, meaning there are no 3* properties in that zone. In Columbia, you would NOT want to use Northwest zone as a rebid because there ARE 3* properties there and you could win something like the Radisson, almost 8 miles away.

It's a bit confusing at the beginning but once you understand the concept of a 'free' rebid, it's pretty simple.

• Options
    Frank GibsonFrank Gibson Italy Posts: 107
    Hi to everyone
    I am from Italy
    I'm the singer of an italian Pearl Jam Tribute Band who's name is Wishlist
    We were contacted by Brian and Jeannette from Wishlist Foundation to play at the Pre-Party.
    I tried but we decided it was so difficult for us and a lot of money...
    I hope you've found someone to play for you on the pre-party and hope to see all of you next time in Europe.

We will be ready to play for you next time cause now we are trying to change someone of the line-up to improve our live show :D

Thanks to Jeannette and Brian

Bye bye to all of you
    Hope your party will be the best ever...

Francesco

info@wishlistband.it

(please for contact use only the site email. the wishlist myspace now is no more our my space, we are changing our name)
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    pandora wrote:
    Hey Mindi,

That's so awesome!! You rock :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Something I havent seen talked about yet but couldve missed... Do we have anyone incharge of playing PJ music during the pre-party??? At first I thought some people may think its a little cheesy but fuck em'... its a must I think.

on top of it already. the saucer said there are some weird licensing deals with what music they play - but they might make an exception.

i'm going to burn a mix of live PJ and a few KOL songs to blast during the pre-party.

and you are right, it's a must. :)
  • Options
    Hi to everyone
    I am from Italy
    I'm the singer of an italian Pearl Jam Tribute Band who's name is Wishlist
    We were contacted by Brian and Jeannette from Wishlist Foundation to play at the Pre-Party.
    I tried but we decided it was so difficult for us and a lot of money...
    I hope you've found someone to play for you on the pre-party and hope to see all of you next time in Europe.

We will be ready to play for you next time cause now we are trying to change someone of the line-up to improve our live show :D

Thanks to Jeannette and Brian

Bye bye to all of you
    Hope your party will be the best ever...

Francesco

info@wishlistband.it

(please for contact use only the site email. the wishlist myspace now is no more our my space, we are changing our name)

no offense to anyone - but i'm not sure we ever cleared it with the saucer to have a band. if these guys would have showed up from Italy, i would have hated it when they couldn't play.

please contact me before planning anything like this or if anyone already has. ...could cause difficulty and confusion if a band showed up to play.
  • Options
    As mentioned before, parking in this area of Columbia can be extremely tough. Many of you will walk miles - I can guarantee.

here's a possible solution...

http://www.thecolonialcenter.com/100/Parking.asp
  • Options
    Frank GibsonFrank Gibson Italy Posts: 107
    tdub wrote:
    no offense to anyone - but i'm not sure we ever cleared it with the saucer to have a band. if these guys would have showed up from Italy, i would have hated it when they couldn't play.

please contact me before planning anything like this or if anyone already has. ...could cause difficulty and confusion if a band showed up to play.

so sorry
    I didn't want to create confusion
    hope it will be not a problem...
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • Options
    mamasanmamasan Posts: 25
    i got this email last night from colonial center, as i'm sure many of you did:

Welcome to the Vibe Room

The event will include access to the VIP buffet, an exclusive cash bar,
    and a commemorative concert gift!

Pearl Jam Preshow Party
    Where: The McGuire Club

Date: June 16, 2008

Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm

Tickets: $30 each

Order Deadline: 5:00 PM on June 11, 2008 (order form below)

MENU

Seasonal Fresh Fruit Display with a light yogurt dip
    Grilled Shrimp and Chicken Vegetable Kabobs
    Spring Rolls with a Thai Peanut Sauce
    Grilled Marinated Portabella Mushrooms with a garlic, herb and cheese gratin
    Oyster Shooters With a spicy cocktail sauce and a splash of Absolut Vodka
    Carrot Cake
    Signature Cocktail: Vibe Juice
    charlotte 4.16.2003, atlanta 4.19.2003, wash dc 7.01.2003
    hershey 7.12.2003, toledo 10.02.2004, asheville 10.06.2004
    kissimmee 10.08.2004, wash dc 5.30.2006, lolla 8.05.2007
    west palm beach 6.11.2008, tampa 6.12.2008, columbia 6.16.2008
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    on top of it already. the saucer said there are some weird licensing deals with what music they play - but they might make an exception.

i'm going to burn a mix of live PJ and a few KOL songs to blast during the pre-party.

and you are right, it's a must. :)

Very nice.
  • Options
    mamasan wrote:
    i got this email last night from colonial center, as i'm sure many of you did:

Welcome to the Vibe Room

The event will include access to the VIP buffet, an exclusive cash bar,
    and a commemorative concert gift!

Pearl Jam Preshow Party
    Where: The McGuire Club

Date: June 16, 2008

Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm

Tickets: $30 each

Order Deadline: 5:00 PM on June 11, 2008 (order form below)

MENU

Seasonal Fresh Fruit Display with a light yogurt dip
    Grilled Shrimp and Chicken Vegetable Kabobs
    Spring Rolls with a Thai Peanut Sauce
    Grilled Marinated Portabella Mushrooms with a garlic, herb and cheese gratin
    Oyster Shooters With a spicy cocktail sauce and a splash of Absolut Vodka
    Carrot Cake
    Signature Cocktail: Vibe Juice

my guess is that the real Jammers will be at the Saucer. no competition. :D
  • Options
    so sorry
    I didn't want to create confusion
    hope it will be not a problem...

no worries. i'm just glad you didn't show up the day of and expect to play after coming such a long way.

and my apologies that someone contacted you without clearing it with the event organizers first.