Options

Columbia, SC Pre-party

Comments

• Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=flying+saucer&near=columbia+sc&layer=c&ie=UTF8&ll=34.002973,-81.034083&spn=0.01416,0.029182&t=h&z=15

FYI if you ask for directions you may hear these street names. Below is how they are pronounced:

Huger Street is pronounced (Hugh-Gee)

Gervais Street is pronounced (Jer-vay)

PS I'll have 4+ attending.
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=flying+saucer&near=columbia+sc&layer=c&ie=UTF8&ll=34.002973,-81.034083&spn=0.01416,0.029182&t=h&z=15

FYI if you ask for directions you may hear these street names. Below is how they are pronounced:

If you look to the bottom left of that map, you'll see a big round shaped building - that's the Colonial Center
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    I'll try to drop by if I get to Columbia early enough. It'll be me plus one more.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114

hahaha....I'll never forget when I moved to Columbia the first time someone told me hugh-gee. I was so confused for a while because I thought it was pronounced like who-ger...
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    This place might not hold half of us!! I LOVE IT!
  • Options
    kevhead112kevhead112 Posts: 5
    Driving down from Charlotte that day, I plan to be there +3
    2000: East Troy
    2003: Champaign, Chicago, East Troy
    2006: Chicago x2, D.C., Denver
    2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
    2008: Tampa, Columbia
    2009: Chicago x2
    2010: Indianapolis
  • Options
    Will be attending +1, great to have a show in the hometown. Let me know if u still need any help.
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    mwbeck10mwbeck10 Posts: 274
    Driving myself crazy with no PJ so I think I talked myself into flying out for WPB, Tampa, and SC....but no ticket yet. Anybody out there who can help me out???? Just a single needed, want to confirm before I book a flight....
    10/27/00, 10/28/00, 10/20/01, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 10/25/03, 10/28/03, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/16/08
  • Options
    Thanks again to tdub for organizing this. I plan on driving down from Charlotte around noon, checking into the hotel, grabing some jalapeno cheddar wings from Wild Wing (best wings in the Carolinas) and then hitting the Flying Saucer. I actually have 2 more people coming with me so sign me for 5 total.
    "Hail, Hail the lucky ones...I refer to those in love"
    Mansfield, MA 9/16/98, 8/29/00
    Charlotte, NC 4/16/03, 10/30/13 (10th Show!!)
    Atlanta, GA 4/19/03, 9/22/12
    Asheville, NC 10/6/04
    Columbia, SC 6/16/08, 4/21/16
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Greenville, SC 4/16/16
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    Sounds fun! I'll be there plus 1.
  • Options
    Insidejob92Insidejob92 Posts: 11
    I have 2 tickets to sell face value section 116. All I am asking is what I paid $137.50 for the pair. I'm still going but a good friend of mine will be not able to go and I am selling my extra pair.I also have 2 in section 118 that are for the wife and I.
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    Thanks again to tdub for organizing this. I plan on driving down from Charlotte around noon, checking into the hotel, grabing some jalapeno cheddar wings from Wild Wing (best wings in the Carolinas) and then hitting the Flying Saucer. I actually have 2 more people coming with me so sign me for 5 total.

Ah!! Wild Wing!! I always hit that place when I'm in Columbia. They have kick ass wings.
  • Options
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan2003Tar Heel PJ Fan Charlotte, NC Posts: 54
    I will be driving down from Charlotte with The Lady (her first PJ show ! ) my sister and a friend.. we check in at the Clarion at 3 and its drinking time ! can't wait to find out where our Ten Club seats are ... !

rock on !
    Charlotte 2000, Raleigh 2003, Charlotte 2003, St. Louis VFC 2004, Columbia 2008, Chicago Eddie 2008, Atlanta Eddie 2009, Philly Spectrum night 4 2009, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Jacksonville Eddie 2012, PJ Wrigley 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, Buffalo 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013, Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    I'll be driving down from Charlotte as well. I still have my second ticket to give to someone; who that is I'm not sure, but I'm sure they'll be riding with me.
  • Options
    mehitabelmehitabel Posts: 14
    Pls add me and one more. Can't wait!
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    so, if I am looking at this aerial view correctly, the FS is only a few blocks from the Center?

that would be sweet if parking was doable at the saucer.

thanks to all for posting directions and maps. im all set and ready to "go"!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    tdub wrote:
    Location: Flying Saucer, 931 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201 http://www.beerknurd.com/
    Time: 3PM til showtime

WE NEED MORE DONATIONS FOR THE RAFFLE!! Anything -vinyls, merchandise, posters, signed stuff, etc. See listed of items donated below.

Guest List:
    tdub (+3)
    encompassing trip (+4)
    Dont Know Myself
    yefa
    Insidejob92
    itsmyblood248
    NCIrie (+1)
    pjsyco (+6)
    bama jam (+1)
    SpinMeRoundRollMeOvr
    pjammer 35
    frogwater (+2)
    Drew265 (+1)
    pandora (+1)
    Hail Hail PJ (+2)
    Blind3
    mamasan (+8)
    McJuicy
    tastybrew (+1)
    godukebeatthem
    AtlantaJammer (+3)
    Jamonit
    R-Dub81 (+1)
    hailhailwv(+1)
    Big Ed (+1)
    jamfanj (+1)
    tybird (+1)
    faithful227 (+6)
    stateesha (+5)
    ?ing my education
    Brain of L
    skere26
    Brain of Dz
    pathorses (+1)
    inmytree
    Dr J
    porchsitter4294
    iisee (+1)
    alluneedislove (+1)
    cathrind31 (+2)
    Leathermandi
    Capstoner
    mindi (+1)
    releeseme
    porchsitter (+1)
    King47 (+1)
    lug nut (+1)
    no1fromnowhere (+2)
    LordGoofy (+1)
    soulshine (+3)
    romajo (+1)
    PJ GA (+1)
    macjoey (+5)
    pjfan1974 (+1)

128 total - if i can still add :)

Mindi has stepped up to help organize this thing as a fundraiser. If anyone can help, she could use a volunteer or two.

If you are interested in donating items for raffle, please PM myself or mindi. We need more items!! So far the donation list looks like this:

Place/Date book - signed by Mike McCready (donated by Blind3)
    500 GB Harddrive with 2000-2006 boots, demos, and other files (donated by leadbedr)
    Matted/Framed Vegas 2006 Poster (donated by tdub)
    "rare" Live at the Fox 2CD set (1994 show) - Italian release (donated by Big Ed)
    Vitalogy LP (donated by pjsyco)
    Lolla Poster (donated by pjsyco)
    Variety of PJ t-shirts, bootlegs, buttons, etc (donated by lug nut)
    PJ Princess (+3)
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Still working on the fund raiser part of the party and we are thinking about getting a banner. Anyone want to offer their services? Or anyone have any idea where I could have one made. I just don't have the time to do it myself.
    Just something we can hang somewhere to let people know this is where the party is!

Thanks so much for all the donations so far!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Still working on the fund raiser part of the party and we are thinking about getting a banner. Anyone want to offer their services? Or anyone have any idea where I could have one made. I just don't have the time to do it myself.
    Just something we can hang somewhere to let people know this is where the party is!

Is there any from other pre party shows that someone can bring like from Florida??? If so I can pick it up at Bonn and bring it from there
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    odie wrote:
    Is there any from other pre party shows that someone can bring like from Florida??? If so I can pick it up at Bonn and bring it from there
    I will post in the party fundraiser thread and ask.
    Thanks for the idea!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I will post in the party fundraiser thread and ask.
    Thanks for the idea!
    Not a problem...I don't think we are able to have a pre party show at Bonn, they haven't gotten back to us on it yet but I am here to help with the SC show, and I know people going to the FL shows that are going to Bonn so I could grab it from them and bring it with me to SC...So let me know
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Feel free to add me to the list :)
  • Options
    odie wrote:
    Not a problem...I don't think we are able to have a pre party show at Bonn, they haven't gotten back to us on it yet but I am here to help with the SC show, and I know people going to the FL shows that are going to Bonn so I could grab it from them and bring it with me to SC...So let me know
    I will post on there in a bit.

And thanks so much for the offers to help, I sooo will need it! I have never helped out at a party but now I am trying to organize one. I plan to be there by 2:30-3 the day of or maybe earlier if need be. I am flying in on Saturday so could even be there Sunday if they need me.

Any ideas on how to make everything go smoothly would be great.
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I will post on there in a bit.

And thanks so much for the offers to help, I sooo will need it! I have never helped out at a party but now I am trying to organize one. I plan to be there by 2:30-3 the day of or maybe earlier if need be. I am flying in on Saturday so could even be there Sunday if they need me.

Any ideas on how to make everything go smoothly would be great.
    I am not to sure I have LAuras number to get ideas and I will give you my number before then so we can tlak and figure everything out though..I will private message you and give you my info
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    mindi wrote:

I can probably get a banner made just need to know dimensions and what it needs to say!! It will have to have budweiser/bud lt logos on it though... I work for them and graphics guru wont make anything without it. But he is badass!!! just pm me i guess.
  • Options
    Feel free to add me to the list :)

You found a ticket to SC?
  • Options
    I can probably get a banner made just need to know dimensions and what it needs to say!! It will have to have budweiser/bud lt logos on it though... I work for them and graphics guru wont make anything without it. But he is badass!!! just pm me i guess.
    it needs to have the wishlist logo and Pearl Jam and the bennificiary of the event on it...that is what Laura said not sure about size though, we are trying to get a banner from FL shows and maybe pass it on after us to the other shows after
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    Thanks. Maybe they'll play the 2 other SC shows over the system as a warm up. I'll post a link for downloads of each.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=433SLOKV Charleston SC 1996