Me too! Can't wait.
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    bump...no not that kind.
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    pjsyco wrote:
    bump...no not that kind.

i'll support your bumping of not that kind.
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Sounds good. Thanks for setting it up. I'll be there.

Reading over this thread, with so many people coming from Atlanta, is there any type of caravan from ATL headed over?
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I'll be there for sure! Where are good places to stay that all walking distance from the venue AND the party? I saw Hampton Inn mentioned earlier and Googled it...2 adults, 1 child for 1 night=$159....Which seems a bit steep to me....Anybody have any suggestions please? Thanks!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    iisee wrote:
    I'll be there for sure! Where are good places to stay that all walking distance from the venue AND the party? I saw Hampton Inn mentioned earlier and Googled it...2 adults, 1 child for 1 night=$159....Which seems a bit steep to me....Anybody have any suggestions please? Thanks!!

I just asked this question in the Given to Fly forum --- I just booked at Rodeway Inn becuase I saw that it was 0.5 m from this pre-party & 0.7 m from the Colonial Center & only $60 a night, so question for the locals, is anything wrong with it / is it in an ok (safe) area? Anyone else staying there?
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    porch4294 wrote:
    I just asked this question in the Given to Fly forum --- I just booked at Rodeway Inn becuase I saw that it was 0.5 m from this pre-party & 0.7 m from the Colonial Center & only $60 a night, so question for the locals, is anything wrong with it / is it in an ok (safe) area? Anyone else staying there?

I'm not sure where that is? I'm sure it would be fine but do you have an address?
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    porch4294 wrote:
    Sounds good. Thanks for setting it up. I'll be there.

Reading over this thread, with so many people coming from Atlanta, is there any type of caravan from ATL headed over?

Leaving around 11am. Hoping to arrive at 2pm to check into the hotel. Let me know, cause id love to caravan. To be specific, I live in Roswell.
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    I'm not sure where that is? I'm sure it would be fine but do you have an address?
    Pat

Thanks for the reply. Address is:
    1301 Main Street
    Columbia, SC 29201
    & website:
    http://www.rodewayinn.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=SC266&promo=gglocal

Leaving around 11am. Hoping to arrive at 2pm to check into the hotel. Let me know, cause id love to caravan. To be specific, I live in Roswell.

I live in the Dunwoody/P'tree Corners area, but I'm flying back in from out of town that morning, so will probably be leaving direct from airport after flight is in, so probably around 12:30 or so, so looks like I'll miss you on this one, but hope to you meet you there - it'll be good to meet other Atl fans. Thanks.
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    Pretty much everywhere in Columbia is safe. There are some shady areas but for the most part everything is cool and lots of southern hospitality. Anywhere north Main St. North of Elmwood Ave. up to I-20(Hwy 321/215) starts to get a little strange but not dangerous. As always, just use common sense.

Looking for good southern homecookin'? Try Lizards Thicket (casual) on Elmwood or Mr. Friendly's(Yummy) in 5pts (Green Street)
  • Options
    Pretty much everywhere in Columbia is safe. There are some shady areas but for the most part everything is cool and lots of southern hospitality. Anywhere north Main St. North of Elmwood Ave. up to I-20(Hwy 321/215) starts to get a little strange but not dangerous. As always, just use common sense.

Looking for good southern homecookin'? Try Lizards Thicket (casual) on Elmwood or Mr. Friendly's(Yummy) in 5pts (Green Street)

Yeah, I think this is true. I don't ever remember seeing that hotel but it looks really close and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Can't wait!!!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    Count on 2 more. My fiancee and I are making the trip from St. Louiee on the Sat. before. We're staying at the Roadway as well Porch4294 for the same reasons...seems to be the closest to the venue. Oh yeah, the price was defenitely right also!!!!!
    "What is this, the stage diving Olympics"?
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    pathorses wrote:
    Yeah, I think this is true. I don't ever remember seeing that hotel but it looks really close and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Can't wait!!!
    Pat
    I never knew this place existed. Pretty good location.
  • Options
    I never knew this place existed. Pretty good location.

Me neither, weird, huh? Maybe it's new?
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    cathrind31cathrind31 Posts: 21
    I'll be there plus a couple others.

:)
    "How I choose to feel is how I am"

8.29.98, 7.6.03, 5.27.06 & 5.28.06, 8.5.07, 6.16.08, 6.19.08 & 6.20.08
  • Options
    think i might make a list of everyone that's said they are coming and how many they are bringing - prob will add to the original post - in order to keep a good head count so that I can tell the saucer. if we get a few more people, we might be able to get the entire patio/deck area, i think.
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    Monday nights are "Pint Night" with lots of specials. Cool.
    There will be 2 people from Haddock there! WooHoo!
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    think i might make a list of everyone that's said they are coming and how many they are bringing - prob will add to the original post - in order to keep a good head count so that I can tell the saucer. if we get a few more people, we might be able to get the entire patio/deck area, i think.

You must tell me where your signature quote came from.....I always notice it!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    SWEET! Im sure ill be stopping by :)
  • Options
    SWEET! Im sure ill be stopping by :)

Cool, I didn't know you were coming! Would be nice to meet ya!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    I am going to try and get there early enough to stop by.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Don't know if this is the place for confirming raffle items, but I'd like to donate a copy Pearl Jam Place Date book. Mike autographed it this past weekend before the FTM show. I'll drop it to the organizer on the day of the event.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    You must tell me where your signature quote came from.....I always notice it!
    Pat

It's from the Knoxville 98 show
  • Options
    FYI - I added some info to the original post re: fundraising.
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    FYI - I added some info to the original post re: fundraising.

So, I would love to volunteer but I just found out that I have to work most of the day; and go in (late) on Tuesday. I'm SO pissed..........that's another story, though. I do hope to make it to the pre-party, just not sure what time. I canNOT believe this sh**! I think I would've gotten "sick" if I had known this would be a problem....not really my style, though.
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    So, I would love to volunteer but I just found out that I have to work most of the day; and go in (late) on Tuesday. I'm SO pissed..........that's another story, though. I do hope to make it to the pre-party, just not sure what time. I canNOT believe this sh**! I think I would've gotten "sick" if I had known this would be a problem....not really my style, though.
    Pat

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    tdub wrote:
    UPDATE: 5/7/8 - Fundraising event?? Need a volunteer.
    We need someone to step up and volunteer to make this a Wishlist fundraising event. I cannot commit as I am in meetings the day of the show and could potentially get tied up and not make the pre-party until later on...or I could be early - but there's no way for me to be able to anticipate anything. As a result, I'm going to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to handle any fundraising efforts. Someone has already contacted me that is interested in donating raffle items (autographed stuff, etc), so I think this might be a good idea. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll hook you up with info.

If no one volunteers, we'll just keep this as an informal Jammer gathering.

UPDATE: 4/29/8 - Pre-party details!!
    Location: Flying Saucer, 931 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201 http://www.beerknurd.com/
    Time: 3PM til showtime

odie and mindi have volunteered to help out, so since you already have everything planned with the venue, it should be pretty easy to integrate the fundraising. All you'd need to secure from the venue is 1 or 2 6' ft. tables, access to their PA system/microphone for the raffle and PJ on the stereo.

If you can keep the first post of this thread updated with RSVPs, the Wishlist merch stuff, raffle donation list and prices, it's game on! :) I'll send them both a PM to PM you :D

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Looks like me and my daughter will be there. She is 19, will actually turn 20 a few days after the show. Does anyone know if there is any age restriction? Sorry if this was asked already I haven't read all the replies.

Anyway we will be there and will be doing whatever we can to help out with the fund raiser.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    The wife and I will prolly stop by.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    odie and mindi have volunteered to help out, so since you already have everything planned with the venue, it should be pretty easy to integrate the fundraising. All you'd need to secure from the venue is 1 or 2 6' ft. tables, access to their PA system/microphone for the raffle and PJ on the stereo.

If you can keep the first post of this thread updated with RSVPs, the Wishlist merch stuff, raffle donation list and prices, it's game on! :) I'll send them both a PM to PM you :D

Laura

Good ideas - I'll go through the thread and update with RSVPs tonight.

As well - if anyone has any merchandise they would like to donate, please let me know.