Options

Columbia, SC Pre-party

Comments

• Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Hopefully, I will be able to drop by. It would be me and my wife.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Count on two from Western Massachusetts.
    Hold On
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I posted way early on this thread...Just confiming that wife and I will be there for sure! We also followed this thread to the Rodeway Inn and will be there too!! What time do festivities begin at the Saucer? What time does box office open for 10C tix pickup? How far is it? Am I too needy for info?? LOL......
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    iisee wrote:
    I posted way early on this thread...Just confiming that wife and I will be there for sure! We also followed this thread to the Rodeway Inn and will be there too!! What time do festivities begin at the Saucer? What time does box office open for 10C tix pickup? How far is it? Am I too needy for info?? LOL......

I want to know when 10 Club ticket pickup is as well............when will we know?

Everything else (venue, hotel, Saucer) are very close.

still pissed about work,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    not sure about ticket pick up - as soon as someone finds out though, please post!!

also - updated the original post with guest list and donated items for raffle...

right now, the list is thin - so please donate!!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Just bumping this up. We REALLY could use some donations for the raffle. I am hoping to raise $ for TTTS, twin to twin transfusion syndrome. My twins suffered from this and to an extent still do. They were taken 6 weeks early and one of them, the donor twin, had severe brain bleeds. She is now a quadriplegic, has a seizure disorder and has only 5% brain function. She can take nothing by mouth and has a feeding tube that she gets her food(formula) and meds by. She will have the feeding tube and be on special formula her whole life. Her twin, my recipient twin, is a very healthy almost 3 year old.

I would love to get the word out about TTTS. I had never heard about it until I was pregnant with identical twins.

Here is a picture of them I just took a few days ago. Eleanore gets physical therapy every week. She was still lounging on the floor from that and Clara decided to lay down beside her and snooze. Clara stripped, I think she was mad(she strips when she is mad) and wrapped up in a fitted sheet, she is so weird. Clara is my recipient baby and Eleanore was the donor.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/DCP11751-1.jpg
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    i sent tdub a PM. I may have some other stuff for the raffle. maybe a couple posters or something
    and ill be there
  • Options
    leadbedr wrote:
    i sent tdub a PM. I may have some other stuff for the raffle. maybe a couple posters or something
    and ill be there
    That would be so great! Thanks!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Bumping Mindi's bump for raffle items above. We need more items for raffle.
  • Options
    NEED DONATIONS PEEPS!! We want to have cool shit for everyone to win. I'm already shooting for that Place/Date book signed by McCready.

hell - i'm going to throw in my framed Vegas 06 poster for raffle.
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    First let me say it is my "prized" pj artifact....although I do not know if it is worth very much. I want to find out a little about it...cause I would rather donate $50 cash than see it only bring $30 or $40 - Make Sense?

What I have is a 2-CD set of the Atlanta April 3, 1994 show. The Cover has a pic of EV screaming into the mic wearing what appears to be a German Army Jacket. The CD's are yellow & black with lightning bolts accross each. All the "verbage" on the inside is in Italian.
    The song list on the back is obviously Eddie's handwriting and "Betterman" is listed as "Bad Man" and "Satans Bed" is listed as "Already in Love".
    Anybody know if this is a reare item?

Like I said.....if it would be a nice raffle item, I will donate it.....but if you think no-one will be excited about it, I will keep it and donate $50.00 cash.

Someone please let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Big Ed wrote:
    First let me say it is my "prized" pj artifact....although I do not know if it is worth very much. I want to find out a little about it...cause I would rather donate $50 cash than see it only bring $30 or $40 - Make Sense?

What I have is a 2-CD set of the Atlanta April 3, 1994 show. The Cover has a pic of EV screaming into the mic wearing what appears to be a German Army Jacket. The CD's are yellow & black with lightning bolts accross each. All the "verbage" on the inside is in Italian.
    The song list on the back is obviously Eddie's handwriting and "Betterman" is listed as "Bad Man" and "Satans Bed" is listed as "Already in Love".
    Anybody know if this is a reare item?

Like I said.....if it would be a nice raffle item, I will donate it.....but if you think no-one will be excited about it, I will keep it and donate $50.00 cash.

Someone please let me know what you think. Thanks.

do it!! :)
  • Options
    I just searched over 500 pj cd's on e-bay and didnt see it.
    If ANYONE out there could tell me something about it, I would appreciate it.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    It's a raffle....not an auction......my bad. I'm a kinda slow. Pardon my ignorance.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    lug nutlug nut Posts: 11
    count us in - i will bring lots of bootlegs and some pj t-shirts maybe a mint poster...some pj buttons and other band odds and ins.

i helped Joy and ajedigecko run awesome ccf fundraiser in Denver so I'd be happy to help again in Columbia - just pm me any info you have/want and i'll give you any tips we learned from that successful venture. cheers - b.
  • Options
    King47King47 Posts: 23
    My partner in Jam as well as myself will be coming down from Asheville, NC and would love to be a part of the festivities. Count us in if at all possible!! We will try to bring whatever we can to help.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE! www.wm3.org
  • Options
    lug nut wrote:
    count us in - i will bring lots of bootlegs and some pj t-shirts maybe a mint poster...some pj buttons and other band odds and ins.

i helped Joy and ajedigecko run awesome ccf fundraiser in Denver so I'd be happy to help again in Columbia - just pm me any info you have/want and i'll give you any tips we learned from that successful venture. cheers - b.

sweet. i might hit you up when i come across some questions. thx for the donations.

Right now here's a list of donated items - keep em coming!!

1. Place/Date book - signed by Mike McCready (donated by Blind3)
    2. 500 GB Harddrive with 2000-2006 boots, demos, and other files (donated by leadbedr)
    3. Matted/Framed Vegas 2006 Poster (donated by tdub)
    4. "rare" Live at the Fox 2CD set (1994 show) - Italian release (donated by Big Ed)
    5.Vitalogy LP (donated by pjsyco)
    6. Lolla Poster (donated by pjsyco)
    7. Variety of PJ t-shirts, bootlegs, buttons, etc (donated by lug nut)
  • Options
    Awesome you guys!!

And yes I think we would love any help since neither of us have done this before.
  • Options
    Sounds cool. I'll be there with a couple guests if that's ok & I'll see if I have anything worth donating.
  • Options
    LordGoofyLordGoofy Posts: 15
    Me and the GF should be able to stop by. Driving down from Anderson.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    tdub, i've got two people coming with me, so please add them next to my name on the first post in this thread.

much thanks!
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    Yo tdub! thanks agin for coordinating all of this.

As long as we are keeping tabs-please confirm me + 1

not sure on ETA but hopefully by 3/4 at the latest.

also, would it be a good idea to post directions to the saucer off the interstate?

i know we could all easily mapquest it, but it might be helpful to have some directions from some of the areas posted-Charlotte, Ashevegas, etc.

just a thought.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    Count me in + 3

Fraid I don't have anything to help with donations,.....
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I have a custom PJ TShirt that I designed using the art from the '96 Charlotte show at Memorial Stadium here. A legendary show featuring Ben Harper AND politcal pep talk from no less than Gloria Steinham!! Anyway, its the orignial poster art (Ames Bros. I think) and very cool. I would hate to cause some bizarre copyright problems since it will be basically homemade...Brand new though! Any guidance on that anyone?
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    I didn't realize the head count was in progress....I'm afraid I don't have anything to donate, either, but I will definitely meet you guys as soon as I can! Still trying to negotiate with work but nothing is stopping me from this show!

What about after the show? I know we will want to gather for a beer afterwards, same place?

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    romajoromajo Posts: 16
    add two more from Ilinois
  • Options
    iisee wrote:
    I have a custom PJ TShirt that I designed using the art from the '96 Charlotte show at Memorial Stadium here. A legendary show featuring Ben Harper AND politcal pep talk from no less than Gloria Steinham!! Anyway, its the orignial poster art (Ames Bros. I think) and very cool. I would hate to cause some bizarre copyright problems since it will be basically homemade...Brand new though! Any guidance on that anyone?

as far as i am concerned, if a custom made t-shirt is dropped off at the raffle table at the party and i don't know where it came from, then no one would have any argument about copyrights. ;)

think you should be fine. if you want me to add 'custom PJ shirt' to the donation list, let me know.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    be there +1
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    drivin in from gadsden al. sun. their will be 6 of us total. we would like to help out while there but want to hit the venue early. reply if we can help.
  • Options
    pjfan1974pjfan1974 Posts: 7
    SOOOOO EXCITED>>>>>>

count me in +1
    Black