Options

Columbia, SC Pre-party

Comments

• Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    almost forgot -

I have a super busy day on both Monday and Tuesday. I will do my best to call the Flying Saucer and Liberty Tap Room to make arrangements. Might be Wednesday before I do so...nonetheless will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun party! Hopefully I can make it!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Count me and 3 others in. Already ordered my 10c tix. Coming from Atlanta!
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    tdub wrote:
    almost forgot -

I have a super busy day on both Monday and Tuesday. I will do my best to call the Flying Saucer and Liberty Tap Room to make arrangements. Might be Wednesday before I do so...nonetheless will keep everyone posted.

Thanks. Maybe they'll play the 2 other SC shows over the system as a warm up. I'll post a link for downloads of each.
  • Options
    JamonitJamonit Posts: 21
    Im there dude!! Jillians is another cool place in the Vista but wherever is good.
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    i will do my best to attend. coming in from Charlotte that afternoon.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    2 more coming from West Virginia (via Hilton Head).

GO COCKS!
    Ed in DC - 08/16/2008
    Columbia - 06/16/2008
    Pittsburgh - 06/23/2006
    Cleveland - 05/20/2006
    Pittsburgh - 09/28/2005
    Pittsburgh - 04/26/2003
    Pittsburgh - 09/05/2000
    Columbus - 08/21/2000
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I'll be lookin for you guys. Cant wait. I hope to be in the area by about 12:00 noon. I'm only 3.5 hrs away.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    jam_fanjjam_fanj Posts: 46
    Coming Raleigh with the Fiance. Count us in, can't wait.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Drew263 wrote:
    Sounds like the Saucer would be the ideal spot. Bringing g/f..we're in for whatever.
    Another couple from Birmingham headed that way.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I'll be attending along with 4 to 6 others... so far. Making the trip from eastern NC and can't wait.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    f'n sweet! sounds like plenty - i'm going to edit my original thread with headcount at somepoint...try to keep up with it.

crazy day at work - hoping to call bars tomorrow to get things set.
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    I'll be there with at least 5 others. Can't wait!!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    I'll be there. coming from Charlotte.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    Count me in! Going to be a goddamn great day!!
    95: Chicago 98: Chicago, STL 99: Ed @ TFC 00: STL 03: STL, Champaign, MSP
    05: Thunder Bay. 06: Chicago, MSP, MSP 07: London, Chicago. 08: Columbia, DC, NYC, NYC
    09: ATL x2 (EV), Philly 1,2,3. 10: Boston. 11: PJ20, Saskatoon. 12: Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, atlanta. 13: Charlottesville, Charlotte, Seattle. 14: vienna, Berlin, moline, St. Paul.
  • Options
    see my update to the main post on page 1...
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I'm in.
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    sounds like a solid plan, I'm in
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Well, I don't come here as often as some do but I live here in Columbia so I'm glad to hear somebody made some plans!!! I was thinking of tailgating in the parking lot but the Saucer works for me. Heads up, though, people (unless you have a room at the Hampton Inn) parking can really suck in this area....It is a Monday, however, and if we get there before happy hour we should be OK. You can always park at the venue and walk to the Saucer. I'm planning on getting there early if work doesn't present a problem.....

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    will there be any kind of guest list for the event, or just show up and know where to go?
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    thanks for setting this up. FYI, for people that don't live in Columbia, Pat's right. The parking around there is hit or miss. It's probably best to park in the Colonial Center parking lot and walk to the Flying Saucer. It's is only about a five minute walk, if that. Just ask someone to direct you towards the Vista and the Flying Saucer is across the street from the Hylton Gardens Inn, besida a Mexican restaurant, the name escapes me. It has a deck on the front of the place.

see y'all there!
  • Options
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    will there be any kind of guest list for the event, or just show up and know where to go?

no guest list. just let them know you are there for the Pearl Jam pre-show party.
  • Options
    pjsyco wrote:
    thanks for setting this up. FYI, for people that don't live in Columbia, Pat's right. The parking around there is hit or miss. It's probably best to park in the Colonial Center parking lot and walk to the Flying Saucer. It's is only about a five minute walk, if that. Just ask someone to direct you towards the Vista and the Flying Saucer is across the street from the Hylton Gardens Inn, besida a Mexican restaurant, the name escapes me. It has a deck on the front of the place.

see y'all there!

pjsyco is right - parking does suck. I'd plan to park at the Colonial Center as well...only about 400 yards away.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    pjsyco wrote:
    besida a Mexican restaurant, the name escapes me.
    the name of the Mexican restaurant is Monterrey's
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    Cool! Thanks so much for setting this up.
    I went to the web-site and it looks like a great place.
    I'm bringing my 13 yo daughter to her first concert (she looks and acts 17 or 18......ugh!). I'm glad the website said that kids are o.k.
    I sooooo look forward to meeting some of you.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Thanks for setting up the preshow gathering.
    I'll be there!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    I'll be there...thanks for putting this together...
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    inmytree wrote:
    I'll be there...thanks for putting this together...

well well...we meet at last.. ;)
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    This sounds like fun! Anyone from the Charlotte, NC area want to start a carpool (or have room for one more person)? Reply here or PM me if interested.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Drew263 wrote:
    well well...we meet at last.. ;)

Fantastic...!!!

I'm looking forward to it, my friend...