Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    I am so stoked right now....just got free tickets to the New York Rangers/Oilers game for Saturday Januray 5th for HNIC....damn I am pumped now...nice early Christams present from a company I do business with.....
  • Options
    Go OILERS!! I better get to a game soon now that I am out here!!!

Hey RiC, Long time no see. I was trying to arrange a meet up out here.

Should be a good night!!!

Hey how's it going?????

Yeah this game on the 5th will be last time I get to Edmonton before moving to Calgary in April......things going good down in Calgary for you????
  • Options
    Hey how's it going?????

Yeah this game on the 5th will be last time I get to Edmonton before moving to Calgary in April......things going good down in Calgary for you????

Not bad. Not bad, thanks. could be worse, could be better. :) Still haven't made it to an Oilers game yet :o I went to a Flames game in the box but meh.. that was a Flames game :p

That is pretty sweet to get those tics!! :D
  • Options
    Not bad. Not bad, thanks. could be worse, could be better. :) Still haven't made it to an Oilers game yet :o I went to a Flames game in the box but meh.. that was a Flames game :p

That is pretty sweet to get those tics!! :D

Yeah it is pretty sweet.....I hate the Flames...now that they won six in a row I bet Calgary is already planning their parade route for the Stanley Cup....man I start to shake talking about the Flames....lol.....
  • Options
    Yeah it is pretty sweet.....I hate the Flames...now that they won six in a row I bet Calgary is already planning their parade route for the Stanley Cup....man I start to shake talking about the Flames....lol.....

LOL I hear ya :p

So you are moving here in April? We will have to have a meet up then.. if I am still here :p
  • Options
    LOL I hear ya :p

So you are moving here in April? We will have to have a meet up then.. if I am still here :p

Already thinking of leaving?
  • Options
    Already thinking of leaving?

No I am not sure. I still want to move to Dublin and now I am wishing I had done that but I will be here for a bit longer :) I will be here until at least April anyway. I am just not sure if I can spend a summer away from the water :o
  • Options
    No I am not sure. I still want to move to Dublin and now I am wishing I had done that but I will be here for a bit longer :) I will be here until at least April anyway. I am just not sure if I can spend a summer away from the water :o

Yeah I guess you are most likely going through not culture shock (scenery shock I guess lol). Personally I love the mountains more than anything so I think Calgary is a good fit for me (big snowboarder/hiker).

You also have the dream to go over-sea's, me too I really want to move to London for 5 years (considering it after four years in Calgary). I have some good friends over there (one is inmanagement in ticketmaster....which you know what that means as for concerts go...any ticket you want and where you want it).

Hopefully you do what makes you happy at the end of the day though. :)
  • Options
    Well just wanted to give a shout out to the Edmonton Oilers......great game against the Hurricanes.....clap clap clap.........disgusting......

I seriously think to make the play-offs we can lose a maximum of nine games to seasons end.......
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    to make the play-offs, the Oilers need to get the majority of their games into a shoot-out
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Lets win it tonight boys..........WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell is the Oilers Owership not letting Katz buy the team?
    The sooner they let him buy it, the sooner he will bring some big names back
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    meet up????

Go Oil! Back in the hunt....I was losing faith for a while there....
    Penner is finally playin the way he can...Horcoff having a stellar year...Torres is gone...things are lookin up!

A meet up yeah for the PJ fans :)

GO OILERS!!!
  • Options
    meet up????

Go Oil! Back in the hunt....I was losing faith for a while there....
    Penner is finally playin the way he can...Horcoff having a stellar year...Torres is gone...things are lookin up!

We were always in the hunt my friend. Everyone is so tight this year.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    We were always in the hunt my friend. Everyone is so tight this year.

I dunno mang...I kinda agree with RIC here...I don't even want to do the math...but if you figure 92-95 points to get into the playoffs...we're in a bit of trouble. I really hope they get it together, and I am def not off the bandwagon yet....but we can't lose many more games.
  • Options
    A meet up yeah for the PJ fans :)

GO OILERS!!!

I'm all in.
  • Options
    I'm all in.

Yeah ? Good stuff!!! You in Calgary? or Edmonton? So lets see how many we can get together :D

prljamgirl, where are you? :)
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Yeah ? Good stuff!!! You in Calgary? or Edmonton? So lets see how many we can get together :D

I'm here friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know I'm in!!! ;)
  • Options

Edmonton.
    Every other city has PJ meet ups...I've always thought there would be too few of us here, and I'd end up on a blind date or something :D... It would be too funny (and typical) if our PJ fan meet up was planned in the Oil thread.

...maybe we can invite some of the out of town Oil fans from the NHL battle game thread (we're going to win that sucka in case any of you don't follow :D)
  • Options
    Edmonton.
    Every other city has PJ meet ups...I've always thought there would be too few of us here, and I'd end up on a blind date or something :D... It would be too funny (and typical) if our PJ fan meet up was planned in the Oil thread.

...maybe we can invite some of the out of town Oil fans from the NHL battle game thread (we're going to win that sucka in case any of you don't follow :D)

Ok well I am in Calgary so perhaps we should do it Edmonton? Let me know what you guys think!!!
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm here friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know I'm in!!! ;)

Good stuff!! Can't wait for the meet up :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

The voters for the Oil in the NHL battle game are voters by necessity, not fandom ;)
    And you're going to win because of me, and I'm a Habs fan. You're welcome.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Rygar wrote:
    The voters for the Oil in the NHL battle game are voters by necessity, not fandom ;)
    And you're going to win because of me, and I'm a Habs fan. You're welcome.

yeah, the Oilers were in fact, down to 11 at one point, but once some of the other teams got booted, and we were left with shit like the Avs & Leafs & Nucks, we were forced to lay in bed with the Oilers
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    smarchee wrote:
    yeah, the Oilers were in fact, down to 11 at one point, but once some of the other teams got booted, and we were left with shit like the Avs & Leafs & Nucks, we were forced to lay in bed with the Oilers
    3 other teams were under 20 at the time, and I was able to get the oilers above one at a time, leaving them to be the 'vulnerable' team :p
  • Options
    I dunno mang...I kinda agree with RIC here...I don't even want to do the math...but if you figure 92-95 points to get into the playoffs...we're in a bit of trouble. I really hope they get it together, and I am def not off the bandwagon yet....but we can't lose many more games.

Oh I hear you I have just been trying to see the sun through the Oilers shit curtains and it's getting tougher and tougher.
    After last nights game.....@%#&amp;***^|+<*$#

When I originally started this thread, It was to harp on Mac T and ask for his firing (I still say we fire him, granted it wont do much good but its a start)it was just before the playoffs and it was doubtful we were going to make them...then we squeeked in and went all the way to the cup.
    I have listened to every oilers game this year on the radio (I dont have a TV because I live in a cabin with no power) and last nights was lacklustre to say the least....well after it was 4-3 it was good.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    How and the hell did we pull that win out of our ass last night?
    Two Minutes left, down three to one and we win it on OT 4-3?
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I don't give a flyin fig about the oilers..but i'd be down for a meetup :D
  • Options
    I had to post this picture here too....I can't stop laughing at it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/DrownedOut/n518121361_592124_3882.jpg
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I don't give a flyin fig about the oilers..but i'd be down for a meetup :D

Sounds good :)
  • Options
    Sounds good :)

Alright, it's time to plan this little gathering!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Alright, it's time to plan this little gathering!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    ....and Edmonton area fans too!!!! :p

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270889