Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Indeed!

Now my Habs last night, well sir! They actually showed up.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    whatcha gonna do, the Oil have dropped 4 straight now and I am not sure what to think, its still waaaaaaaaay to early to give season predictions.

Thought comments?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    whatcha gonna do, the Oil have dropped 4 straight now and I am not sure what to think, its still waaaaaaaaay to early to give season predictions.

Thought comments?

It ain't lookin' good. Although don't feel bad. As far as Canadian teams go, it's probably a safe bet that if you aren't Ottawa, you're fucked :)
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Souray is out :(
    Moreau is longer than they thought...
    the sky is falling...
    I can't figure out why we sent Nilson down so quickly...Shremp...bah....
    Gotta win tonight!
  • Options
    Souray is out :(
    Moreau is longer than they thought...
    the sky is falling...
    I can't figure out why we sent Nilson down so quickly...Shremp...bah....
    Gotta win tonight!

This is why Mtl didn't want him fighting....
    Gonna be a rough season.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Poor Sheldon, thanks for fighting and being injured, it's not a good thing for my pool.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Poor Sheldon, thanks for fighting and being injured, it's not a good thing for my pool.

Well even though he gets injured he sticks up for the right people at the right time. Too bad he's so breakable.
  • Options
    First chapter of the 2007-2008 BOA tomorrow night.

Cannot wait....GO OILERS!

Also nice to see Torres finally show up for the new season.
  • Options
    Oilers better win tomorrow!! I will be watching with a house full of Flames's fans :rolleyes: :eek: I wonder if I can write that off as charity work :p
  • Options
    Nice win last night, fucking Smead was fantastic.
    :D
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Nice win last night, fucking Smead was fantastic.

And Hemsky finally shot the puck!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    And Hemsky finally shot the puck!
    yeah I know....thought I was dreaming
    AND the powerplay scored.
    Oh and Horcoff was dynamite...that whole line was
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    GO OILERS GO!!!!! :D:D:D

We are sitting here having drinks and snacks and hoping they win!!!!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Last night's game was painful to watch. Vancouver had 16 shots in the 1st period and then ended with like 28. I had the game on mute during the 3rd period. Those 0-0 games, ugh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    So word has it that Souray is out for at least another 4 weeks; had another MRI and they have found something unexpected with the shoulder. Moreau is out at least another 3 weeks; he now has some sort of cast/splint on his foot. Pitkanen and Roy are apparently doing ok and can be expected back soon, Pitkanen possibly within the next week. Frankly, I'm quite done with all these injuries, just sick of it. On a good note, Pisani is skating with the team frequently now and has almost put back on the 30 pounds he lost over the summer. The rumblings around Oil Country is that Pisani may be ready to start playing in December sometime....it'll be so great to see him back!!!
    The rumour mill is working overtime in Edmonton right now too......I've been hearing that at least 2, if not all 3 of the following players are being packaged in a deal to Tampa Bay for Lecavalier; Roli, Horcoff and Torres. Please don't yell at me and tell me I'm ridiculous.....I'm just the messenger. I've heard this too many times to ignore it. I don't see the Oilers letting those 3 players go and I hope it doesn't happen, but that's the word around town right now. We'll see what happens.
    Tonight was not a good game at all; they should have played Garon as he's pretty HOT right now. He let in 2 goals in the last 2 games and Roli let in 4 tonight. Garon better be starting on Saturday against the Flames. Great to finally see Stoll getting some goals....got 2 pretty sweet ones tonight!!
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Oh ya and one of my clients husbands made this website and I thought I'd share it with all my fellow Oil fans on here!!! It launches on Saturday, but has a pretty cool intro right now and I can't wait to see what they've done with the site! Check it out...... :)

http://www.oilersnation.com/
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    NHL Network is replaying Game 6 of the Finals (Canes vs Edmonton) a couple of times in the next 24 hrs. I think 3:00 AM and 1:00 PM EST. You guys handled us pretty easily in that game.
    Brian
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Do u want Bryzgalov lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    The rumour mill is working overtime in Edmonton right now too......I've been hearing that at least 2, if not all 3 of the following players are being packaged in a deal to Tampa Bay for Lecavalier; Roli, Horcoff and Torres. Please don't yell at me and tell me I'm ridiculous.....I'm just the messenger. I've heard this too many times to ignore it. I don't see the Oilers letting those 3 players go and I hope it doesn't happen, but that's the word around town right now. We'll see what happens.
    Ya, there has been Lecavalier rumours going around since mid last year...aside from Gagne, Cogliano and Hemsky, I'd give them the whole frickin team for Vinny. We have not had a bona-fide allstar on this team in WAY too long (aside from Pronger, but I don't like to even mention that shmuck). We need someone with talent that leads by putting the puck in the net....doesn't get much better than Lecavalier. We also desperately need (and I've been saying this since before the season started, but for some reason it's been a non-issue until the last week or two), a tough guy. Stortellini is a waste of space on this team. He can't fight heavyweights and isn't good enough to play decent minutes anyway.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Do u want Bryzgalov lol
    Maybe that's part of this rumoured plan. I think the guy likes it here, I'll never forget the grin on his face during the anthem in the 05 western semi's (when the crowd sang).
  • Options
    yake
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Well its been some time since I replied to this thread.
    because:
    1) Too busy to be here but I want to be
    2) Was waiting to see if the oilers were going to remain in the shitter all year but that was the jackass in me.
    3) Was waiting to say something witty....and this post is by no means witty......if anything its shitty.
    4) Was hoping Mac T would pull his head out of his ass....and I dont think I can wait that long.

The Oilers are doing great, I never wrote them off and never will. Our Division is so tight, its can be anyones right now.
    Nice we kicked Detroits ass last night.
    Our ShootOut has been amazing, what are we now.....8 and 2 I think in the shootout.

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIILLLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Souray is back for at least a week too.
    That might totally f%#$ your power play. Everyone falling all over themselves to get him the puck..
  • Options
    Have not posted for a while now but got some spare time to discuss my passion...the Oilers.....

10-1 in shoot-outs...last year Dallas was credited with being "talented", "skill-ful", "amazing" for their 12 shoot-out wins....this year Edmonton is labelled as "lucky", "too bad their ain't no shoot-out in the play-offs", "crappy team that cannot finish a team off", and "we play for the shoot-out"....blah blah blah.....my thoughts with these negative comments about our record are this:

1) It's the rules get used to it, the shoot-out is going no where (pointed at Canucks/Shames fans who love to whine about our shoot-out record).

2) If we are such a bad team that people try to think we are teams like Detroit, Anaheim, St.Louis, Vancouver (3x I may add) should be more than able to beat the second youngest team in the NHL....but then again are we really that bad. Consider this of all twelve games that have went to extra time/shoot-out (total record 10-2) we let the opposing team tie the game 7X we only had to come back 4x and of those 7x we let in a goal with less than 3 minutes left in the third. So if we suck these teams should be burying us well ahead of OT.

3) The most annoying comment that too bad there is no shoot-out in the play-offs arguement....I want to ask people who say this absurd comment to think that do you really believe that the Oilers would lose 100% of the times if we went to periods of 5 on 5 OT....give your heads a shake it is impossible to predict that.

4) I have watched every minute of all the Oilers games this year and I have yet to see us play for the shoot-out. We give it are all in OT and most of the times we try for the winner so bad we give up golden opportunites to boot.

Sorry I needed to vent about the shoot-out record. Now just a blurb about some players as I have not done one for quite sometime.

Horcoff - Well he introduced my foot to my mouth with his play this year....close (or in) the top 20 for scoring and has the third most goals for center-men and is top five in ES scoring.

Hemsky - Kid is getting better and has found a shooter....and that is Horcoff

Penner - Conditioning has paid dividends for this mammoth and is now logging close to 19 minutes a game and is playing with the potential I knew he could....gets better each game.

Now I stole this from edmontonoilers.com (or hfboards) I post at both but it is my new favorite line name....PiGaNi Line.....our new found scoring line

Pisani - I never realized how much he meant to the team till he returned...I may respect him more than any other Oiler

Gagner - 18 years old and is going to be a super-star has veteran vision on the ice and you can see he is getting comfortable out there.

Nilsson - Also playing to his potential that the NYI thought he lost...had an eight game point streak snapped last game but still looked dangerous.

Pitkanen.......SIGN HIM FOR 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!! Flyer fans are happy with Lupul and we are ecstatic about Pitks (8-3-1 since he returned from injury)...both teams made a great deal to address their needs.

Souray (Oilers 3-0 since his return) and has a three game point streak going....however he handles the puck like a hand gernade....still rusty has he missed his previous 25 games...however I never looked to him for hos defence abilties...provides the required heart and strength we dearly missed for the first 1/4 of the season.

Garon.....amazing the BIGGEST STEAL OF ALL UFA SIGNINGS...get this a winning record....has stopped 18 of 20 shots in the shoot-out and we have this year for $1.2MM and next year for $1MM.....WHAT A STEAL!

Anyway this team is on the rise....I expect us to fight all the way to a play-off spot and we all know what can happen when we get there.
  • Options
    I don't think Souray's puck handling 'like a grenade' is rusty; I think it is normal :P
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I don't think Souray's puck handling 'like a grenade' is rusty; I think it is normal :P

At the start of the year he was honestly great on D-side of the puck...since his return I think he started watching Pitkanen too much as he has been trying to dangle up the ice....scares me all the time...lol.....
  • Options
    On another note for Oiler fans....Schremp is lighting it up in the AHL....33 points in 25 games and fifth in points. I understand that he was (from the coach of the farm team on the radio) pushed back to the AHL because he could not play defence...he was then struggling in the farm grasping the defensive aspects of the game from his natural centre ice position.

However about 15 games ago they moved to LW and he has blossomed and I guess he his picking up the defensive aspects of his game at an accelerated rate. And guess what postion we are lacking in (now with the very likely possibility Torres is done for the year) and that is LW.

Good to hear and I guess his attitude is amazing one of the favorite guys in the dressing room....buying ping-pong tables for their dressing room....spending time after the pre-game warm-up giving pucks to kids in crowd (ala Smyth). So nice news to hear about this kid in the minors...hopefully he gets a REAL chance to prove himself next time up.
  • Options
    Its gonna be a good one tonight!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRSSS!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Go OILERS!! I better get to a game soon now that I am out here!!!

Hey RiC, Long time no see. I was trying to arrange a meet up out here.

Should be a good night!!!
  • Options
    Go OILERS!! I better get to a game soon now that I am out here!!!

Hey RiC, Long time no see. I was trying to arrange a meet up out here.

Should be a good night!!!
    meet up????

Go Oil! Back in the hunt....I was losing faith for a while there....
    Penner is finally playin the way he can...Horcoff having a stellar year...Torres is gone...things are lookin up!