Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    use schremp and give us gagner back

Honestly that kid is not what he was hyped to be....being a cocky ass punk I believe put him a good year behind in development...only now is he realizing that he needs to play some type of defensive game....I hope he turns into what his potential was made out to be....but as of yet no go.....and trust me it pains me to say that....
  • Options
    Sept 18 vs Toronto
    Sept 20 vs Vancouver
    Sept 22 vs Calgary
    Sept 25 vs Phoenix

These are the only pre-season Oiler games getting shown....you need to register through the following link.....

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console

To at least hear them all I believe 630CHED should have them...although I am not positive on that....you can listen through them online.....
  • Options
    From Mac T's own mouth about Gagner....things are looking good for the kid....

"There is nothing that I saw yesterday that I wouldn't like to see again" and "It will be good to have a Calder Trophy candidate" seems like MacT really likes Gagner!
  • Options
    5-4 Oilers victory over the Panthers.....

Well five minutes before the game started I stated this line:

"Kyle Brodziak is nothing more than a plug....another Toby Peterson to say".....lol did I eat those words....two goals and a helper plus a big blocked shot....Gagner sounded like he had a good game....picked up a goal.....

I know this game means nothing...no points....no bragging rights....however it does bring morale up and force other players fighting for spots to pick their game up....way to be Oil....good game....
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    5-4 Oilers victory over the Panthers.....

Well five minutes before the game started I stated this line:

"Kyle Brodziak is nothing more than a plug....another Toby Peterson to say".....lol did I eat those words....two goals and a helper plus a big blocked shot....Gagner sounded like he had a good game....picked up a goal.....

I know this game means nothing...no points....no bragging rights....however it does bring morale up and force other players fighting for spots to pick their game up....way to be Oil....good game....

Yup, it was a great game!! A few tense moments near the end of the third, but it was great! Can't wait for the game tomorrow against Toronto!!!! Sooooo awesome to be back in that building watching hockey again!!! :D
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Yup, it was a great game!! A few tense moments near the end of the third, but it was great! Can't wait for the game tomorrow against Toronto!!!! Sooooo awesome to be back in that building watching hockey again!!! :D

Yeah and I hear a great crowd to boot....so prljamgirl....who was looking the best/worst for the Oil....listening on the radio is tough to gauge the entire game....
  • Options
    Starting her off with a win....giddy up!
    :p
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Starting her off with a win....giddy up!
    :p

I think it's a sign of things to come. :) I can feel a good season a really good season.
    what do you think of Torres as the new captain? and sorry everyone.. I haven't read through all the replies so if it's been addressed I apologize.. ive been crazy busy with 2.5 jobs.. and then at least 2 meetings a week.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I think it's a sign of things to come. :) I can feel a good season a really good season.
    what do you think of Torres as the new captain? and sorry everyone.. I haven't read through all the replies so if it's been addressed I apologize.. ive been crazy busy with 2.5 jobs.. and then at least 2 meetings a week.
    Torres, Im not so sure about. Rumour in ETown (I heard anyway) is that he has a coke problem. As long as hes not busting out lines (white lines...;)) on the ice and hes leading the boys to glory...he will be ok.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,150
    Torres, Im not so sure about. Rumour in ETown (I heard anyway) is that he has a coke problem. As long as hes not busting out lines (white lines...;)) on the ice and hes leading the boys to glory...he will be ok.

That was word about Fuhr also......and he did a fine job in net!.....always seemed so up for the game and had those quick cat like reflexes ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Oh yeah, it was well known Fuhrsy had a coke problem, I think he even admitted to doing it between periods against the Islanders during the cup
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,150
    Oh yeah, it was well known Fuhrsy had a coke problem, I think he even admitted to doing it between periods against the Islanders during the cup

I remember seeing a post game interview with him when I was a kid didn't really know about coke at the time but thought it was awfully strange how fast he was speaking and why his eyes were darting around so much!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    My money is on Moreau becoming the captain....between him and Steady Steve.....although Mac T in an interview said the Soruay has maybe the best leadership skills they have had in the locker room in awhile....however he also stated that he needed to get know the organization a little better first so Souray will not be captain....I still think it will be Chopper.....

As for Torres I personally think he is a dick (just the vibe I get off him)....I know people that have met him and said he was a AAA class jerk.....
  • Options
    My money is on Moreau becoming the captain....between him and Steady Steve.....although Mac T in an interview said the Soruay has maybe the best leadership skills they have had in the locker room in awhile....however he also stated that he needed to get know the organization a little better first so Souray will not be captain....I still think it will be Chopper.....

As for Torres I personally think he is a dick (just the vibe I get off him)....I know people that have met him and said he was a AAA class jerk.....
    I have heard the same thing, time will tell but I sincerely doubt he will be captain for long....fuck right now I am thinking Stollie would probably be a pretty good candidate
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I have heard the same thing, time will tell but I sincerely doubt he will be captain for long....fuck right now I am thinking Stollie would probably be a pretty good candidate

Torres is not the captain....they were talking on the post game show about Moreau as the best bet for captain.....it is still undecided...I would be shocked to even see him wear an 'A' ....when we got Stoll/Horcoff/Moreau/Staios/Souray/Reasoner as WAY better options IMHO....
  • Options
    Torres is not the captain....they were talking on the post game show about Moreau as the best bet for captain.....

oh ok, I didnt think Torres was good captain material and just chalked it up to another Mactism.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    oh ok, I didnt think Torres was good captain material and just chalked it up to another Mactism.

Come on give Mact some credit....:)

I still hope he keeps Gagner up this year...this kid is the biggest potential the Oilers have seen since Hemsky arrived...he is making waves across the league right now with his game so far....
  • Options
    Come on give Mact some credit....:)

I still hope he keeps Gagner up this year...this kid is the biggest potential the Oilers have seen since Hemsky arrived...he is making waves across the league right now with his game so far....

I love the Oilers...but Mac T....I dont know, I wont git into it now and see how the first half of the season turns out. I always wanted Ted Nolan to come and coach the Oilers, hell bring back Kevin Lowe. Gagner 'should' be grand.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I love the Oilers...but Mac T....I dont know, I wont git into it now and see how the first half of the season turns out. I always wanted Ted Nolan to come and coach the Oilers, hell bring back Kevin Lowe. Gagner 'should' be grand.

Yeah I agree Cree...I say give him a year to redeem himself...we had so many injuries last year I think no coach could have done any better.....
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see no mention of Anson Carter's tryout? What do you guys think? I think we're in a position to totally lowball him on a contract offer, so it couldn't hurt even if it doesn't work out.
    I heard somewhere that we have 49 signed contracts (league limits at 50), so we would either have to pass up signing a young guy, or get rid of someone to make room....worth it? I think yes....even if he ends up fourth line, he'd be a great depth pickup.
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I remember seeing a post game interview with him when I was a kid didn't really know about coke at the time but thought it was awfully strange how fast he was speaking and why his eyes were darting around so much!
    :D That cracked me up....never thought of that (prob cause I was so young at the time too), but you're right, it was SO obvious in retrospect........I love the stories of opposing fans banging white-powder-filled baggies against the glass when he played away games....
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see no mention of Anson Carter's tryout? What do you guys think? I think we're in a position to totally lowball him on a contract offer, so it couldn't hurt even if it doesn't work out.
    I heard somewhere that we have 49 signed contracts (league limits at 50), so we would either have to pass up signing a young guy, or get rid of someone to make room....worth it? I think yes....even if he ends up fourth line, he'd be a great depth pickup.

:D That cracked me up....never thought of that (prob cause I was so young at the time too), but you're right, it was SO obvious in retrospect........I love the stories of opposing fans banging white-powder-filled baggies against the glass when he played away games....

I know, funny as all hell. I would love to see Anson back in blue
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    And the Sun is reporting today that the Oil may go with a monthly rotating captaincy. Works for me.....I don't think anyone is a real standout...but if I were to give it to one person, it would be Staios or Moreau
  • Options
    I know, funny as all hell. I would love to see Anson back in blue
    I can't help but think of the parody of Buffalo Soldier they used to play on the Bear every time I hear his name....
    Anson Cah-ta
    Dreadlock rasta
    Stolen from Boston
    For Billy Guerin

it was stupid, not even funny...but always sticks with me for some reason :D
  • Options
    I can't help but think of the parody of Buffalo Soldier they used to play on the Bear every time I hear his name....
    Anson Cah-ta
    Dreadlock rasta
    Stolen from Boston
    For Billy Guerin

it was stupid, not even funny...but always sticks with me for some reason :D

Oh know that was funny as hell, I loved hearing it everytime.
    Brink Back ANSON!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Anson Fucking Carter....I am sorry guys please no....prior to the game last night Mac T stated (not once....not twice.....but three times) not to put too much into the fact that Anson was invited...stressed over and over again he was invited to training camp...nothing about being signed...honestly I believe he was brought in to force the young guys to go harder....sorry Brodziak took his place (after the game Mac T all but admitted Kyle was making the team said he is by far one the best players in training camp right now).

Also if we sign Carter....say bye bye to Gagner for the year...who also does not have a contract.....Carter to me is a waste of space and deserves to be in the catagory as Toby Peterson.....sorry if I came across like a prick but to me he is wasted space......and after last year I am sick of wasted space...lets bring in some young blood not an over the hill player that NO OTHER team contacted....which to me speaks volumes....
  • Options
    14 Raffi Torres - 16 Jarret Stoll - 12 Robert Nilsson
    8 Geoff Sanderson - 13 Andrew Cogliano - 78 Marc Pouliot
    58 Slava Trukhno - 10 Shawn Horcoff - 33 Anson Carter
    55 Adam Huxley - 42 Jonas Almtorp - 46 Zack Stortini

5 Ladislav Smid - 2 Matt Greene
    40 Danny Syvret - 24 Steve Staios
    26 Denis Grebeshkov - 36 Mathieu Roy

32 Mathieu Garon (starting goaltender)
    1 Devan Dubnyk (will play second half)

Line-ups for tonight against the Laffs......loving the first line (which I believe will be the second line at the start of the season).....I am interested to see what Cog's will bring to the table....no Sheldon Souray yet again (back problems although listed as day-to-day)....Grebs. I heard is the second coming of Cory Cross which equals something worse than a plug.....

Funny how a year changes as we have the following D-man ready for NHL action....Smid/Souray/Pitkanen/Staois/Greene/Tarnstrom (my guess for starting six at season start) then we have Gilbert (who should be in the starting six if it wasn't for the Tarnstrom signing)...plus Roy could be a decent 5th or 6th guy and Syvret is still up and coming....nice to see we went from no depth at D to way too much....Dan Tencer was saying last night that it would be no shock to see one of these guys traded for some picks to clear up contract space.....
  • Options
    So what do you fellow Oiler fans think the starting line-up will look like come Oct 4th....this is my line-up

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
    Torres - Stoll - Nillson
    Sanderson - Horcoff - Pullit
    Moreau - Reasoner - Brodziak

Smid/Staios
    Souray/Greene
    Pitkanen/Tarnstrom

Roloson
    Garon

You know what Oil fans we have a pretty good team this year....looks WAY better on paper at least than the start of last year......I still believe that Gagner will get at least the maximum amount of games (nine I believe) before the decision is made to send him down or sign him, I think both MacT and K Lowe will do that.

This team reminds me of the Sabres last year....a balanced four lines with offensive minded D-men (this is what wins now in the NHL)......

To think that in the wings are Schremp/Cogliano/O'Mara/Gilbert/Syvret/Dubnyk
  • Options
    So what do you fellow Oiler fans think the starting line-up will look like come Oct 4th....this is my line-up

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
    Torres - Stoll - Nillson
    Sanderson - Horcoff - Pullit
    Moreau - Reasoner - Brodziak

Smid/Staios
    Souray/Greene
    Pitkanen/Tarnstrom

Roloson
    Garon

You know what Oil fans we have a pretty good team this year....looks WAY better on paper at least than the start of last year......I still believe that Gagner will get at least the maximum amount of games (nine I believe) before the decision is made to send him down or sign him, I think both MacT and K Lowe will do that.

This team reminds me of the Sabres last year....a balanced four lines with offensive minded D-men (this is what wins now in the NHL)......

To think that in the wings are Schremp/Cogliano/O'Mara/Gilbert/Syvret/Dubnyk
    Man that does look good but we looked good at the start of last year too
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Man that does look good but we looked good at the start of last year too

True...but we lacked depth to make up for injured players....we have some serious depth this year which to me is key...look at Buffalo last year one player goes down his replacement comes up and outshines him....that is why I Carter is a waste of cap space and time...he is not going to be any better than his last two years (which were the equivalent of crap...before soemone says Vancouver he was carried by the Sedin Sisters that is easily apparent)we should spend time to give our rookies some chances.....just my opinion....also last year our D was horrible on paper...this year we added guys who will create goals.....and can make an neutral zone pass.....last year we were over-rated and we sucked...this year we come in and everyone is projecting us last...no way...I think we will be the surprise team this year....
  • Options
    Man I wish I had the link to the hockey reporter in Anaheim who said the Ducks made a huge mistake not signing Penner...the way he saw it was that Perry/Getzlaf excelled (still very good though)was because of the space Penner could create because of his huge size.....I think Hemsky/Penner are going to be great together....I am so optimistic for this season....way more than last year.....