Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    Just checked and it is 4-1 for the OIL :D:D

Keep it up!!!!!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Well, that was crazy. Stars fans down here think the Rexall is cursed or something. We may win there but something crazy always happens.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Yeah the Oilers tying goal was something very out of the oridnary....BUT you cannot blow leads like that....please please I beg you K. Lowe find a freaking D-man....judging from last night Smid may be our top D-man (which is not saying too much as he is a rookie)....b/c our D looked completey lost last night....so frustrating to watch...tonight is a must win game for us to jump back into the thick of things......
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm actually leaving in about 15 minutes to head over to Rexall for the game tonight. I haven't been to a game since early December. Can't wait to get there!!! My friend that I share season tix with is moving, so I'm worried now that I'm not going to be able to find someone to split next year with!
    There is still Oiler love here, we'd never abandon our team!!! Good luck on the season tix Rockin', are you right here in Edmonton??

No I wish I was...however I travel there quite often and to Calgary as well. I hope to move to Edmonton in the future I just love the city (not just b/c of the Oil but definetely a big plus)....city is just filled with great people...I really like the attitude of Edmonton as a whole, it differs greatly from the majority of the province....find it more in tuned to my kind of thinking say unlike Calgary.....one day I will get there.....
  • Options
    Just read that Smid has been placed on the IR....you know top forwards getting injured did not bother me....however D-Men getting hurt really concerns me as I think our D is one of the worst in the league right now.....
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Someting needs to be done to the Oil...they need an Oil Change BIG TIME!
    Heres hoping its a gooder tonight!!

HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO!!!!
    Repeat x 100
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options

HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO!!!!
    Repeat x 100

Cree,

Where ya been? ;)
  • Options
    Oilers vs Kinks tonight......I expect another great game from the Czech-Mates....man I love this line.......I think we have this game in the bag......
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695

HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO!!!!
    Repeat x 100

we need a goalie, Im starting to think Rolly is the hack everyone told me he was. :( But.. everyone jumped on the rolly bandwagon during the playoffs because he did so well then.... now.. well.... I'm not sure about him anymore. that's not to say that some other certain members of the team don't need to get thier head out of their asses too......... and then there's Petre Nedved, do we really need him?
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    we need a goalie, Im starting to think Rolly is the hack everyone told me he was. :( But.. everyone jumped on the rolly bandwagon during the playoffs because he did so well then.... now.. well.... I'm not sure about him anymore. that's not to say that some other certain members of the team don't need to get thier head out of their asses too......... and then there's Petre Nedved, do we really need him?

Roli....as demonstrated last night.....is not a hack....coach just needs to remember he is not young anymore...needs some breaks...but anyhow we are turning it around and I seriously love our rookie dmen....Roy/Hejda/Gilbert....if we get one top notch d-man we will break out....we are on the cusp of upgrading ourselves I can feel it...also on the plus side we have 8 of a possible 10 points for this month....HUGE GAMES FRIDAY AND SATURDAY THOUGH...HUGE!!!!!

Damn this thread as lost the love I think...were have all the Oil fans gone to?????
  • Options
    So just read in an artile that Smyth has turned down a 5 year 5MM dollar deal.....really starting to believe that he will be traded in the coming months...I really really hope not but if he is not going to re-sign it would be very beneficial to us to get some return....tough days for K. Lowe......
  • Options
    Huge game tonight Minnesota vs. Oilers....and we got the Flamers tomorrow night in Cowtown.....if (who am I kidding ...we are is better) we win these games it will pay huge dividends down the stretch....I need to say that I truely believe that right now is crunch time and every point matters.....expect another great game from Hemmer 12 pts in his last 6 games.....
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Was at this game tonight......first period was great, but I just don't know what happens to them. I'm sad. Can't blame Roli, 2 of those goals there was no help for him. I love my Oilers, but one can only handle so much disappointment. Must win tomorrow........ :(
  • Options
    Well we won a squeeker with the Wild last night....hopefully that gets the ball rolling again....you know it is very tough not to be in the dumps with the play of the Oil in the last month...BUT...considering last night three of the six D-man had played a combined 28 GAMES IN THE NHL realizes the bind the Oilers are in....

On another note I do not mind "enforcers" in hockey hell I love a good fight....but Boogard you are nothing more than a fucking goon just looking to hurt people...hit on Hemsky was cheap....this guy has no place in hockey....respectful enforcers, for example, Laraque are welcomed but to have this guy running around head-hunting is disgusting.....anyway needed to vent that....LETS GO OILERS!!!!!!
  • Options
    On another note I do not mind "enforcers" in hockey hell I love a good fight....but Boogard you are nothing more than a fucking goon just looking to hurt people...hit on Hemsky was cheap....this guy has no place in hockey....respectful enforcers, for example, Laraque are welcomed but to have this guy running around head-hunting is disgusting.....anyway needed to vent that....LETS GO OILERS!!!!!!

Totally agree with you on this.....that hit was not cool and totally uncalled for!
    We REALLY need this win tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    4-1 Oilers......WOOHOO!!!!!!! Where is everyone???? How come I'm celebrating all by myself here?? LOL!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    4-1 Oilers......WOOHOO!!!!!!! Where is everyone???? How come I'm celebrating all by myself here?? LOL!!

Hey!! I wasn't watching.. I have been on a cleaning binge!!! Day off tomorrow so I am staying up as long as it takes.. but YAY for the OILERS!! :D:D

I hate to see you celebrate alone :p
  • Options
    Hey!! I wasn't watching.. I have been on a cleaning binge!!! Day off tomorrow so I am staying up as long as it takes.. but YAY for the OILERS!! :D:D

I hate to see you celebrate alone :p

It's ok....just watch on Saturday night cause we're gonna beat those Flames!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    It's ok....just watch on Saturday night cause we're gonna beat those Flames!!!

I hope SO.. last Saturday was terrible :(
  • Options
    I hope SO.. last Saturday was terrible :(

NO!!!!! NO dwelling on the past!! Only looking towards the future games!! ;) LOL!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    NO!!!!! NO dwelling on the past!! Only looking towards the future games!! ;) LOL!

You are right!!! GO OILERS!!! I want to go to a play off game this year.. :)
  • Options
    Considering we lost Stoll to another dirty hit.....we rose up and FINALLY started to forecheck...about time....its like the Oilers finally went back to what gives them success.....speed and hitting......as for Saturday we are going to pound those Flames...another big divisional game.....just feels like that going down the stretch every game now feels like a play-off game...especially the "four-point" divisional games.....anyhow great game!

LETS GO OILERS!
  • Options
    Considering we lost Stoll to another dirty hit.....we rose up and FINALLY started to forecheck...about time....its like the Oilers finally went back to what gives them success.....speed and hitting......as for Saturday we are going to pound those Flames...another big divisional game.....just feels like that going down the stretch every game now feels like a play-off game...especially the "four-point" divisional games.....anyhow great game!

LETS GO OILERS!

I totally agree....I couldn't believe that hit on Stoll. But I think it kicked the Oilers in the ass and got them moving!!
    We ARE going to pound the Flames and you're so right, they have to play like it's the playoffs to survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I totally agree....I couldn't believe that hit on Stoll. But I think it kicked the Oilers in the ass and got them moving!!
    We ARE going to pound the Flames and you're so right, they have to play like it's the playoffs to survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but its going to end up taking years from my life :)....but seriously it has been some intense hockey.....and I believe this game has the potential....actually let me rephrase....this game may has changed our season for the main reason we fought some adversity tonight...the only thing worse than the loss of Stoll would be Smyth (sign the man!) and they came together and continued to bang bodies and play a much overall game....this game will give us huge confidence....the only thing that kind of worries me is that the All Star break will let the boys get healthy...but it bothers me with a five day break how that will affect, what I believe is a turning of the tide....

Just listening to post game Stoll has a broken nose was held in the back because he felt dizzy and mentioned that its a toss up for a return against Calgary...but nothing worse than that....thank-fully,
  • Options
    Yeah but its going to end up taking years from my life :)....but seriously it has been some intense hockey.....and I believe this game has the potential....actually let me rephrase....this game may has changed our season for the main reason we fought some adversity tonight...the only thing worse than the loss of Stoll would be Smyth (sign the man!) and they came together and continued to bang bodies and play a much overall game....this game will give us huge confidence....the only thing that kind of worries me is that the All Star break will let the boys get healthy...but it bothers me with a five day break how that will affect, what I believe is a turning of the tide....

Just listening to post game Stoll has a broken nose was held in the back because he felt dizzy and mentioned that its a toss up for a return against Calgary...but nothing worse than that....thank-fully,

Yeah, I heard that. Thankfully it's not worse than that. And I'm not really worried about Smyth.....they don't want to lose him and he doesn't want to go anywhere else really.
    I think that this was a turning of the tide and I'm also worrying about a five day break. AND Hemsky better be back on Saturday too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Yeah, I heard that. Thankfully it's not worse than that. And I'm not really worried about Smyth.....they don't want to lose him and he doesn't want to go anywhere else really.
    I think that this was a turning of the tide and I'm also worrying about a five day break. AND Hemsky better be back on Saturday too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping so but since they dubbed the injury as an upper body injury, I am have a hunch that his shoulder is injured again and they may ride him out till after the break so he is 100%. Though I hope he is playing Saturday.
  • Options
    I am hoping so but since they dubbed the injury as an upper body injury, I am have a hunch that his shoulder is injured again and they may ride him out till after the break so he is 100%. Though I hope he is playing Saturday.

Such an uncalled for injury too. There should be something that is done about shit like that......
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Such an uncalled for injury too. There should be something that is done about shit like that......

One step is to take get the likes of Goongard out of the game....completly useless player....still shaking my head over his head hunting a few nights ago.....
  • Options
    One step is to take get the likes of Goongard out of the game....completly useless player....still shaking my head over his head hunting a few nights ago.....
    Yeah, it's OBVIOUS why he's a hockey player. Just to hurt people. I think he played two shifts the other night and ended up with TWO penalties. WTF is that?????
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Yeah, it's OBVIOUS why he's a hockey player. Just to hurt people. I think he played two shifts the other night and ended up with TWO penalties. WTF is that?????

Makes me lose some respect for Jacques Lemaire of the Wild....really I always looked at him as not only a great and classy player but a highly respectful coach....he goes down a few notches for having a guy on his team deliberatly trying to take out other players....nothing with wanting to hit the other players...hell I think this new brand of NHL still lacks the hitting of old days but that is another convesation in itself....but to go around charging and just running around like a fool is pathetic....