Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    Ottawa over Carolina 4-1 tonight? Giddy Up!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Just heard the Captain has been one of the best defencemen on the ice tonight ...so Smith is looking good as per usual.

right on ! thanks Cree
  • Options
    they just tied it....looks like we are going to sudden death. Son of a bitch!!!
    Here we go oil....HERE WE GO **
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    oil just lost......3-2 in overtime
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    oil just lost......3-2 in overtime

awwww :(
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    Flames win 5-2

woohoo

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    That sucks for us to lose in OT. prljamgirl was going to be there tonight so of course she will be quite disappointed in this outcome. Get 'em next time, Oilers ;)
  • Options
    That sucks for us to lose in OT. prljamgirl was going to be there tonight so of course she will be quite disappointed in this outcome. Get 'em next time, Oilers ;)

hey! that's right ! I wonder how she's holding up.. we'll have to hug her lots tomorrow. The Oil still rule.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Earthgirl wrote:
    hey! that's right ! I wonder how she's holding up.. we'll have to hug her lots tomorrow. The Oil still rule.

Yes, she certainly was quite disappointed in the outcome. She just can't understand what happened....she's wandering around muttering, 'how do you lose it with 16 seconds to go? 16 seconds, it was wrapped up! wtf!!!' and her cat is looking at her like she's nuts! I'm getting a little worried about her actually...... :p
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Yes, she certainly was quite disappointed in the outcome. She just can't understand what happened....she's wandering around muttering, 'how do you lose it with 16 seconds to go? 16 seconds, it was wrapped up! wtf!!!' and her cat is looking at her like she's nuts! I'm getting a little worried about her actually...... :p

I'm asking myself the same thing, what happened?
  • Options
    Damn that was frustrating, thought we had it in the bag....tough give away by Smyth in OT....man that was rough....but he knows he made a mistake and will move on...just need to rebound against the Av's on Thursday...also J. Smith played great tonight....looks like someone kicked him in the butt before the game...good to se from Gator...also where the hell was Hemsky last night....hurt...or riding the pine?

Also anyone watching on PPV...thought the day with Stoll was a good segment....guys got a nice apartment....
  • Options
    Damn that was frustrating, thought we had it in the bag....tough give away by Smyth in OT....man that was rough....but he knows he made a mistake and will move on...just need to rebound against the Av's on Thursday...also J. Smith played great tonight....looks like someone kicked him in the butt before the game...good to se from Gator...also where the hell was Hemsky last night....hurt...or riding the pine?

Also anyone watching on PPV...thought the day with Stoll was a good segment....guys got a nice apartment....

Hemsky got hurt in the first period, his shoulder. Hope he's ok....
  • Options
    oh the boo birds were out in full force.

rightfully so.
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Hemsky got hurt in the first period, his shoulder. Hope he's ok....

In post game comments....MacT said "it could be serious"....freaking wonderful that would be.....
  • Options
    In post game comments....MacT said "it could be serious"....freaking wonderful that would be.....

Shitty, I missed that on tv last night. Didn't watch the local news after I got home. I sure hope it's not serious.....
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Shitty, I missed that on tv last night. Didn't watch the local news after I got home. I sure hope it's not serious.....

He left the game in a sling...to be evaluated today....
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    With the exception of the first period, that game sucked ass.
  • Options
    With the exception of the first period, that game sucked ass.

Typical Oilers game with a lead, they always seem to drop down a gear do not know why. Typical lame 2nd period for the boys. But conside this:

Hemsky left injured in 1st period
    MAB played like a minute through the last two periods because he is sick
    Winchester I understand left injured.
    Torres was having trouble skating at the end.
    Stoll was limping through-out the last period I understand as well.
    Greene was also banged up.

Tough game for the boys, but got sole possession of 1st place in the NW, with games in hand on Vancouver and equal amount with the Shames.

Interesting to see who will come up for Hemsky (if he is badly hurt), my gut says Pouliett as he is lighting it up on the farm. Would love to see Schremp but I think it is still too early for the boy.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Typical Oilers game with a lead, they always seem to drop down a gear do not know why. Typical lame 2nd period for the boys. But conside this:

Hemsky left injured in 1st period
    MAB played like a minute through the last two periods because he is sick
    Winchester I understand left injured.
    Torres was having trouble skating at the end.
    Stoll was limping through-out the last period I understand as well.
    Greene was also banged up.

Tough game for the boys, but got sole possession of 1st place in the NW, with games in hand on Vancouver and equal amount with the Shames.

Interesting to see who will come up for Hemsky (if he is badly hurt), my gut says Pouliett as he is lighting it up on the farm. Would love to see Schremp but I think it is still too early for the boy.

Too many injuries has me a bit concerned, though. I hope most of these are minor.
  • Options
    Great News....Steady Steve slated to return tonight....very good news...also I am pretty excited to see MAP play tonite.

Also to add-in just got my tickets for the Oil vs Canuckleheads on Dec. 30.

So damn happy!

Plus I am going to see my first BOA in March.....
  • Options
    Great News....Steady Steve slated to return tonight....very good news...also I am pretty excited to see MAP play tonite.

Also to add-in just got my tickets for the Oil vs Canuckleheads on Dec. 30.

So damn happy!

Plus I am going to see my first BOA in March.....

congrats on the tix! :)
  • Options
    congrats on the tix! :)

Freaking impossible to come by I tell you...so pumped up now....was worried I wouldn't get to the see the boys at all this season....
  • Options
    no doubt they are a rare find! i'll try my best to get tix when they come to halif....feck...we don't have a team here...:D

i guess i'll have to settle for the teevee...

just placing some bets for tonight, picking the oil against the avs!

go oilers! :)
  • Options
    no doubt they are a rare find! i'll try my best to get tix when they come to halif....feck...we don't have a team here...:D

i guess i'll have to settle for the teevee...

just placing some bets for tonight, picking the oil against the avs!

go oilers! :)

Yeah but you did get the best PJ concert in '05!

Hey did you by any chance goto the Calgary show met some dude from Halifax at the show he looked over my hand-written set-list from Vancouver prior to the show....just a stab in the dark...
  • Options
    Yeah but you did get the best PJ concert in '05!

Hey did you by any chance goto the Calgary show met some dude from Halifax at the show he looked over my hand-written set-list from Vancouver prior to the show....just a stab in the dark...

wish i had been there...sorry to say i was not :(

...good call on the best PJ show though...i couldn't believe our setlist! :D
  • Options
    Edmonton up 3-0 after two
    Keep er up boys....keep er up
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Edmonton up 3-0 after two
    Keep er up boys....keep er up

now 4 - zip...looks like a good night in van city :)
  • Options
    Oilers really needed that win tonight..... :D
  • Options
    Cheered the boys onto victory tonight in the city of the enemy, Calgary. Proud to see the guys work through some adversity and pull out a win....a NEEDED confidence booster!

Steady Steve one assist tonight....is he on the ballot for the Norris yet?

BTW I am joking....although he is one of favorite Oilers....bringing the Steady Steve chant to the game on Dec. 30th that I am going to!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    My Canes are up in Calgary tonight. Feel free to cheer us on before trying to beat our brains out tomorrow night in Edmonton.
    Brian