Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    My Canes are up in Calgary tonight. Feel free to cheer us on before trying to beat our brains out tomorrow night in Edmonton.
    Go Canes!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    big stanley cup rematch tonight! only meeting between the two teams this season, if i'm not mistaken.

i'm taking the oilers on my pro-line ticket at 1.9 to 1 :)

go oilers! :D
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Anyone else disgusted by Roloson hitting Nash in the jewels a couple games back? Great goalie, bad temper.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    Anyone else disgusted by Roloson hitting Nash in the jewels a couple games back? Great goalie, bad temper.

Not as bad as AO's cheap hit in the Buffalo/Washington game....brutal.....
  • Options
    Not as bad as AO's cheap hit in the Buffalo/Washington game....brutal.....

Depends on how you look at it. A worse result on on Ovechkin hit, more intent on the Rolie incident.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    Depends on how you look at it. A worse result on on Ovechkin hit, more intent on the Rolie incident.

Stay out the crease then....lol....no it was cheap...and MAN did it look like it hurt....
  • Options
    Stay out the crease then....lol....no it was cheap...and MAN did it look like it hurt....

Oh yeah, it's one of the things I love and hate about Rolie. He'll do whatever he can to get you the F@#k out of his way so he can make the save, but at the same time, if he wasn't a goalie he'd have got his ass kicked for a stunt like that.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    big stanley cup rematch tonight! only meeting between the two teams this season, if i'm not mistaken.

i'm taking the oilers on my pro-line ticket at 1.9 to 1 :)

go oilers! :D

If the Canes play like they did last night, it will be easy money and sweet revenge for ya.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    If the Canes play like they did last night, it will be easy money and sweet revenge for ya.

thanks NCBRI, but two of my four basketball games thay i had on the ticket with the hockey game didn't come through...so my interest goes back from $ to just an oilers win ;)

tied 1-1 for now, though...but i can't believe sykora's chance on the open net in the first didn't result in a goal!
  • Options
    3-1 win, very nice :)
  • Options
    What a hell of a game by Stollie....awesome blocked shots....man it only took the Oil 27 games to actually play a full 60 minute game....
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwE2j6b4moY&mode=related&search=

Here you go Oiler fans....enjoy the memories....
  • Options
    Sweet JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBUUUUUUS!

what the hell is going on with the oilers?
    *looks to the sky and screams in agony...somewhere a baby cries*
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Dear Craig, you bastard:
    Keep Hemsky and Syscorea together.
    Regards,
    Cree
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"sometimes by desparation the coach finds the right line"

indeed
    :)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ducks were in town tonight for hockey night in Carolina. You guys will be happy to know that Mr. Pronger spent quite a bit of the game in the box. I still can't believe what he did to Edmonton. I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Was glad to see him watching from the box on two of our 4 goals tonight.
    Brian
  • Options
    Well I attended the Oilers/Canucks game this past Saturday...great seats....spent the whole day getting pumped for the game....finally got to throw on, for the first time, my authentic....complete with tie-down strap......Oilers jersey.............then watched an utterly pathetic fucking performance from the Oilers....holy shit this team IMHO is playing down at the level of the Flyers......seen we got Nedved today...wish K. Lowe would find us some defence help....interesting game tonight though on PPV...we will finally see if Horcs is actually any good or if Smytty and Hemmer make him a better player (reunited the old line for tonights game for those who did not know)....lets hope things click because we are sinking quick!
  • Options
    Nice to see the boys showed up last night and beat up a pathetic team....now to the test back to back with the Stars/Canucks coming up....GO OILERS!
  • Options
    Dammit people where have all the Oil fans gone.....gonna be a big game AGAIN tonight need to come up with a strong effort so we can carry some momentum into a big divisional match-up with the 'Nucks on Friday....I am thinking a big opening game for Nedved......
  • Options
    I am here and I still believe in these Oilers!!!
  • Options
    I believe if the news is right we will see the debut of the "Czech Mate" line tonight.....Hemmer, Nedved, and Sykora.......if these guys can click watch out!
  • Options
    I am here and I still believe in these Oilers!!!

Good because this thread has been severely lacking some Oiler love......
  • Options
    Good because this thread has been severely lacking some Oiler love......

*steps up to give some Oiler love*

Wait a sec, that sounds a wee bit naughty :eek: Oh well, when duty calls :p

Are you going to be there tonight, Rockin'?
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Well I attended the Oilers/Canucks game this past Saturday...great seats....spent the whole day getting pumped for the game....finally got to throw on, for the first time, my authentic....complete with tie-down strap......Oilers jersey.............then watched an utterly pathetic fucking performance from the Oilers....holy shit this team IMHO is playing down at the level of the Flyers......seen we got Nedved today...wish K. Lowe would find us some defence help....interesting game tonight though on PPV...we will finally see if Horcs is actually any good or if Smytty and Hemmer make him a better player (reunited the old line for tonights game for those who did not know)....lets hope things click because we are sinking quick!

whoa, you really picked a doozy, doesn't that suck when you get to go to a live NHL game to root your team, and they put up something like that. I watched the 1st period, then put the game on mute for the rest and read. Brutal performance by the Oilers, but the Canucks are hot right now and getting some good bounces.

Dear Craig MacTavish: Rest Roloson more often

Dear Dwayne Roloson: Stop turning into a Hasek and bitching and moaning on every play and when every opposing player gets close to you please!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    whoa, you really picked a doozy, doesn't that suck when you get to go to a live NHL game to root your team, and they put up something like that. I watched the 1st period, then put the game on mute for the rest and read. Brutal performance by the Oilers, but the Canucks are hot right now and getting some good bounces.

Dear Craig MacTavish: Rest Roloson more often

Dear Dwayne Roloson: Stop turning into a Hasek and bitching and moaning on every play and when every opposing player gets close to you please!!!

I agree with the Mact comment....Roli is freaking 37 years old Craig...he needs rest....hoping the Juice starts tonight....as for Roli bitching I think there is more to it than jut whining....consider how many times he does it on icing and penalty kills....quite a bit....I think at least half the time he is buying time for his tired team-mates....plus his bitching makes me laugh...

As for the Canucks game (shakes head in frustration)....WOW COULD YOU PLAY A WORSE GAME!!!!!!!!! Well they can make it back up to me when I see them play Calgary in March...first BOA I will attend and nothing will feel better than pounding those dirty Shames.......
  • Options
    *steps up to give some Oiler love*

Wait a sec, that sounds a wee bit naughty :eek: Oh well, when duty calls :p

Are you going to be there tonight, Rockin'?

No unfortunalty I will not...however I am trying to get season tickets for next year (well at least get the name on the waiting list)......and thanks for the Oiler love it is always appreciated.....:)
  • Options
    As usual I will politely refrain from predictions as during my AET career I am 0% in predicting the correct outcome in Oilers games....which of course are predicted victories......
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Well, justify it anyway you want to, but it's getting annoying watching it all the time. In my book, he is slowing getting close to Hasek and Belfour on the annoyance level, and I would hate for him to become on my hatred level with all his bitching and whining. Why does he need to give his team a rest every fricking 8 minutes with some sort of whining and bitching to the refs and other players. The Oilers are a young team

Sweet, Oilers vs Flames live. I have been to one Leafs game in my life, way back in 1986, and been to about 10 Detroit games. Back in the day, I was a huge Flames fan, loved (still do) Mike Vernon, favourite goalie ever, had a Flames jersey with him on the back, and I currently have a Sharks jersey with his name on the back for when I play goal in my floor hockey league
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I'm actually leaving in about 15 minutes to head over to Rexall for the game tonight. I haven't been to a game since early December. Can't wait to get there!!! My friend that I share season tix with is moving, so I'm worried now that I'm not going to be able to find someone to split next year with!
    There is still Oiler love here, we'd never abandon our team!!! Good luck on the season tix Rockin', are you right here in Edmonton??
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm actually leaving in about 15 minutes to head over to Rexall for the game tonight. I haven't been to a game since early December. Can't wait to get there!!! My friend that I share season tix with is moving, so I'm worried now that I'm not going to be able to find someone to split next year with!
    There is still Oiler love here, we'd never abandon our team!!! Good luck on the season tix Rockin', are you right here in Edmonton??

Enjoy the game and go OILERS!!!!