Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Im driving up for the rest of the games that are on weekends!! maybe I will see some of you, I used to watch the games at the sherlock Holmes down town.. maybe I'll head over there.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would rock!!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    That was a nailbiter! I'll give the Ducks a little credit for comming back but WAY too little WAY too late. The Oil have had their number all series and Rolie has outplayed every goalie he's come up against, he's a little cheap with guys in front (which is actually pretty damn funny) but he's been absolutely stellar. Edmonton deserves to be in the cup final, I love watching this team and their style of hockey 10 times as much as when Calgary was Canada's only hope 2 years ago. Pronger better start stocking up on trophy polish because I think he's got the Conn Smythe trophy all locked up, but then again I could see Smyth, Roloson or Pisani walking away with that hardware too depending on how the cup final goes.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    you guys need to see this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0rn399

canadian national anthem yesterday @ game 3
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Uhhh, can we have Roloson back? You can have Manny Fernandez....
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Sure, you say that now that you're back out of town ;)
    We will definitely have to watch a game together amigo. Let me know if you make it back....fo sho :)
    It would be fun for all of the Edmonton jammers (and ex-pats ;) ) to get together for a game. I've been watching most of them at the Brewhouse (111ave and 156st). It's a good atmosphere....I'd like to check out Schanks, but I know the owner at the Brewhouse, and with all these damn 6 o'clock starts, thats the only way I can get a seat in any bar by the time I'm off work (he reserves the best in the house for my friends and I).

I'm loving this city right now...I might have said it earlier in the thread - I'm way on the Northwest edge of town....in a residential neighbourhood, and the noise after a win is incredible! Honking horns and cheering....some guy down the alley from me was standing in his backyard, alone, chanting for the Oil last night. I yelled back, but I never had time to go find him :D
    This is how much fun we're having:
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2006/05/24/1594920-sun.html
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1148383603631&col=1053692575155&call_page=TSS_MoreSports&call_pageid=969907740050&call_pagepath=Sports/MoreSports

I hope the Oil learned some lessons in Game 3. I know I did - the defibrillator should be kept nearby during the playoffs, esp. when watching the Oil. They have a knack for making things interesting ( by interesting I mean throw-up, rip your hair out, fall off your seat, drink even more heavily, cover your eyes, sweat profusely, swear, drink more, spit, jump and scream-intense).

Parasol - I'm not one for big displays of patriotism (tho I love Canada), but that anthem gave me crazy chills :)

One more win and we get to hang a new banner in the Rex :)
    Sounds shaweet. I heard the atmosphere at the Brewhouse is awesome too, I just about went there on Friday after the game but the Sidetrack was right across the street where i was watching the game with some friends.

I will let you know if I am in town this weekend.
    take er easy and

GO OOOIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Parasol wrote:
    you guys need to see this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0rn399

canadian national anthem yesterday @ game 3

awesome! thanks for posting that parasol! :) it was good to hear it again...i get chills seeing it again...

how about that one guy behind the oilers bench? he was just slightly animated,eh? :D shouting at the top of his lungs!

that was a very special moment...:)
  • Options
    talk about weird...

i just finished posting my thanks to parasol for sharing the link...and then went to watch some tsn...they were doing a story on the anthem singing at the game! awesome!
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,224
    Canes over Oilers in 6.
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    how about that one guy behind the oilers bench? he was just slightly animated,eh? :D shouting at the top of his lungs!

that was a very special moment...:)

That's Joey Moss....he's one of the Oilers locker room attendants. He's been with the Oilers for 18 years. Check out this story about him.

http://www.petergoldring.com/sportsscene/artss0303.htm
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    That's Joey Moss....he's one of the Oilers locker room attendants. He's been with the Oilers for 18 years. Check out this story about him.

http://www.petergoldring.com/sportsscene/artss0303.htm

very cool prljamgirl! thanks for that. mac-t mentioned the name during the tsn story, but i wasn't sure who he was or what affiliation he had with the team...

...but man, was he singing!!! :D
  • Options
    very cool prljamgirl! thanks for that. mac-t mentioned the name during the tsn story, but i wasn't sure who he was or what affiliation he had with the team...

...but man, was he singing!!! :D

Yeah, he sings his heart out!!!!! As was everyone in that place, I couldn't believe it. I was in awe and a little deaf afterwards! :)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Yeah, he sings his heart out!!!!! As was everyone in that place, I couldn't believe it. I was in awe and a little deaf afterwards! :)

what's a little hearing loss when you had the chance to be part of that, eh? :) it's very cool that you were there...the rest of us will be singing along at home tomorrow night!

GO OILERS!
  • Options
    what's a little hearing loss when you had the chance to be part of that, eh? :) it's very cool that you were there...the rest of us will be singing along at home tomorrow night!

GO OILERS!

Exactly! I'll gladly go half deaf for that!! :) I'm lucky to get to be there and I'm going again tomorrow! I'll be singing my little heart out for all of you!!!! GO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    go duckies.

breaks my heart that i'll have to be in canada this weekend to hear my canadian family gloat about the oil *if* they take this series.
    but
    i believe in miracles.

i would do almost anything just to not see pronger win the Cup.
    barf.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=166834&hubname=

Nice, I've been waiting for this one. It'll be a couple years until he makes an impact but this kid is a top notch goaltender. Looks good for the Oil in the years to come.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    MCG wrote:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=166834&hubname=

Nice, I've been waiting for this one. It'll be a couple years until he makes an impact but this kid is a top notch goaltender. Looks good for the Oil in the years to come.

nice, another great guy to join our great hockey team! :) I am wishing I didnt move away last summer right at this moment.. so I could be there with all the energy that is going on. I do plan on driving up to watch a couple of the Stanley Cup games.
    and
    GO OILERS GO !!!
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO

Big game ladies and gentlemen ....BIG GAME. Best of luck to both teams, especially the Oil. This is going to be exciting. Me and my dog are just going to make some dinner, have a beer and YEEEEEE HHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    enjoy the game cree nations and all other oiler fans! that was pretty funny...good luck to both teams, especially the oil. :D

can't wait to hear that crowd again! :)

GO OILERS!
  • Options
    Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    As a calgary fan and an even bigger Avs fan, i can't begin to tell you how happy i am to see the ducks get their asses handed to them by the oil. Edmonton is a team of destiny this year, with Roloson playing unbelievable, and the whole team contributing on offense, it's pretty hard to beat them.

i'd just like to point out to the fans at game 3 who were chanting "we want the cup" to not get ahead of yerselves. It was only friggin' game 3 and you were acting like you won the series. plus, yer only gonna fuel anaheim's fire, just look at what they did to calgary when we got ahead of ourselves, and look how they nearly made the comeback on game 3.

GO OIL!
  • Options
    right on edmonton! they did the anthem again! sweet...:)

and the ducks have the cold goalie in for some reason....?
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    right on edmonton! they did the anthem again! sweet...:)

and the ducks have the cold goalie in for some reason....?

Yes, why have they switched goalies? Have our beloved Oilers sent the other goalie running for the hills? ;) Well I missed the first few minutes as I was a the movies and to my chagrin the Ducks have the first goal and it is 1-0! I am sure this won't last long :D.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    wtf was that?? 3-0 after one. they better smarten up and quit giving the ducks the 2-man advantage. their goalie is good, but he's not f-ing superman. if i were him i'd be freaking out on them in the locker room right now.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    wtf was that?? 3-0 after one. they better smarten up and quit giving the ducks the 2-man advantage. their goalie is good, but he's not f-ing superman. if i were him i'd be freaking out on them in the locker room right now.

I have NO idea wtf happened? It isn't suppose to be going this way. The Oilers better come back on FIRE!!!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I have NO idea wtf happened? It isn't suppose to be going this way. The Oilers better come back on FIRE!!!

well as the ducks proved the other night, even a 4 goal lead in the 3rd isn't safe. hopefully the oilers will bounce back. they need to quit hooking and start hitting. and the ducks have to start getting penalties now.
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    well as the ducks proved the other night, even a 4 goal lead in the 3rd isn't safe. hopefully the oilers will bounce back. they need to quit hooking and start hitting. and the ducks have to start getting penalties now.

For sure. The Ducks have a lot more to lose tonight than the Oilers do, which can be scary. I am sure the Oilers will bounce back.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    4-2! it's a game again....GO OILERS!!!
  • Options
    now 4-3!!!! :D

holy shit!
  • Options
    WOO!!! that was sweet. :D:D
  • Options
    Well if Edmonton can get that momentum back and keep it then they can wrap this up tonight and get some rest. It is some good hockey we just need to win!!! :D:D
  • Options
    Well if Edmonton can get that momentum back and keep it then they can wrap this up tonight and get some rest. It is some good hockey we just need to win!!! :D:D

i wish the ducks didn't get that last goal right off the face off. that was bad. one more period to go. even if they tie it and send it into OT. it's not over yet. :)