Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Oh, and the Flames HAVE their shit together.
    5-2 last night. They didn't need a second overtime period and a disallowed goal to help them out, either.

SNAP....
    ;)
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    genevieve wrote:
    Cant wait till Im in my seat on thursday night at the game!!! Its gonna be crrrazy!!! :D:D:D:D

I'm going too!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be soooooooooo crazy!!! I cannot wait!! Where do you sit???

prljamgirl - I'm so jealous. I wish I had tix. I'm buying some for round two for sure ;). And I'm jealous that you were on Whyte last night.....woulda rocked. Glad ya had fun. My friends are gawdamn lame asses. Maybe Thurs I can hit Schanks or something.

I'll be at Schanks for game 6, if there's a game 6 and I'm hoping there's not! But I've said all along, Oilers in 6...so we'll see. Game 6 will be Monday I think, not sure of the time though. I have to miss game 5 in Detroit as it's on at 1pm and I work all day. I'm not very happy about that. I can't wait for tomorrow night....with how nuts it was in Rexall last night, I honestly think that it'll be crazier tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Don't get to cocky there oilslick fans.
    It's not over yet.

GO WINGS!!!
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    It's not over yet.

GO WINGS!!!

I don't see anyone in this thread being cocky....we're excited about our team, that's all. In case you didn't notice, this is an Edmonton Oilers thread....so what else would you expect to find in here but Oiler fans.
    And what I'd say is cocky would be a team that started selling Round 2 tickets before Round 1 even started!! That's cocky my friend!!!
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I hope they beat Detroit
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Sugar RaySugar Ray Posts: 56

Sugar Ray-
    I tried tuning in this morning....there were two guys talking....I think I heard one guys name, and it wasn't Ray....were you guys talking about the Smalls? On a country station? The reception was pretty bad so I couldn't understand the conversation very clearly...something about Corb Lund as well? I stopped listening at the commercial break before Rascal Flats.

Which town do you broadcast out of? I ask cause my wife grew up outside Calahoo, and she still has family all around the area...anyway...I programmed ya into my vehicles speed dial thingy...I'll check you out on clear mornings

And I understand about the 'Canes now. Should still be the Whale...better hockey town. Francis was great - a totally underrated class act. BUT - it sounds like your conviction may waver with a little Oil success

Thasnks for tuning in... that was us talking about the smalls... my news guy's neame is Quint Lange. Ya our reception runs into a lot of intereference out your way. This am we have John Chwyl, the West Ed Fashion Guy in studio with us... well me actually since my news guy is off today andtomorrow.

Cheers,

Raymond
    ...can't touch the bottom....
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm going too!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be soooooooooo crazy!!! I cannot wait!! Where do you sit???

I'll be at Schanks for game 6, if there's a game 6 and I'm hoping there's not! But I've said all along, Oilers in 6...so we'll see. Game 6 will be Monday I think, not sure of the time though. I have to miss game 5 in Detroit as it's on at 1pm and I work all day. I'm not very happy about that. I can't wait for tomorrow night....with how nuts it was in Rexall last night, I honestly think that it'll be crazier tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Enjoy the game tonight!!! I SO wish I could be there.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I don't see anyone in this thread being cocky....we're excited about our team, that's all. In case you didn't notice, this is an Edmonton Oilers thread....so what else would you expect to find in here but Oiler fans.
    And what I'd say is cocky would be a team that started selling Round 2 tickets before Round 1 even started!! That's cocky my friend!!!

Maybe you are unfamiliar with the way season ticket playoff sales work.
    Round 1 and 2 are always sold together.As a matter of fact, you can buy tickets for every round if you wish.Just makes it more convenient.
    I can understand how you would be so excited after 3 games.Last time was 1990 .Right?
    Have fun.Enjoy the coolest game on earth.
    Should be a great game tonight.
    GO WINGS!

• Options
    Maybe you are unfamiliar with the way season ticket playoff sales work.
    Round 1 and 2 are always sold together.As a matter of fact, you can buy tickets for every round if you wish.Just makes it more convenient.

I know how season tickets work because I HAVE season tickets. But I'm not talking about season tickets, I'm talking about tickets on sale to the general public....there are 2 or 3 teams that have both rounds available for purchase on Ticketmaster and I feel that's a little bit presumptuous, that's all.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Hello out there, we're on the air, it's 'Hockey Night' tonight.
    Tension grows, the wistle blows, and the puck goes down the ice.
    The goalie jumps, and the players bump, and the fans all go insane.
    Someone roars, "Bobby Scores!", at the good ol' Hockey Game.

:: CHORUS ::
    OH! The good ol' Hockey game, is the best game you can name.
    And the best game you can name, is the good ol' Hockey game.

Second Period.

Where players dash, with skates aflash, the home team trails behind.
    But they grab the puck, and go bursting up, and they're down across the line.
    They storm the crease, like bumble bees, they travel like a burning flame.
    We see them slide, the puck inside, it's a 1-1 hockey game.

(Chorus)

Third Period. Last game of the playoff too!

Oh take me where, the hockey players, face off down the rink.
    And the Stanley Cup, is all filled up, for the champs who win the drink.
    Now the final flick, of a hockey stick, and the one gigantic scream.
    "The puck is in! The home team wins!", the good ol' hockey game.

(Chorus x3)

(It's in!)(He shoots, he scores!)(Henderson scores for Canada- put in Oiler's name there ;)

one more time!! GO OILERS GO !!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I know how season tickets work because I HAVE season tickets. But I'm not talking about season tickets, I'm talking about tickets on sale to the general public....there are 2 or 3 teams that have both rounds available for purchase on Ticketmaster and I feel that's a little bit presumptuous, that's all.

Wear your Oilers jersey and wave tonight.
    I'll be watching on CBC.
    Maybe I'll see you.
    GO WINGS!!

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    prljamgirl wrote:

We are in sec 232 row 32. Where are you at?
    Yipee cant wait!!! :D Do you have a jersey?
    You gotta wear a jersey! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    it wasn't a goal
    And the Flames are playing the Ducks, not the wings.....the Oil would have found a way to end that series in three :D Both series are 2-1, and the Oil are playing a FAR superior oponent. Should tell ya somethin' ;)

I've always wondered about the whole Ted Nolan thing....how do you win the Jack Adams and never coach again? Was he nailing someone's wife or what?

See, I can agree that on paper, the Wings ARE the vastly superior opponent. Except that for whatever reason, the Ducks are outplaying the Wings big time. What is with Legace? The man has become a sieve.
  • Options
    It's not over yet.

GO WINGS!!!

Yeah, I am still thinking its gonna be the Flames vs. the Wings next round.
    If the Oilers prove me wrong, then all the better.
  • Options

It says "Faithful" under your name.

Faithful to the Flames???
    hmmm sounds fishy. :D
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

That can't be. The Wings are 1st over all and will get the worst team through. Probably be Colorado if they don't fold against Dallas and the Wings can get through Edmonton.

I will give it to Edmonton they are playing some good hockey and Rollie has been hot when needed and very lucky on other times.

Nice overtime goal the other night. All six Dead Wings were within a spit of their own net. I haven't seen that kind of nonsense since I checked out my buddies six year old son playing this year.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    It says "Faithful" under your name.

Faithful to the Flames???
    hmmm sounds fishy. :D

The Flames have been my team since I was 8 years old and getting flack on the playground from Oiler fans ... Melfort, Saskatchewan was Oiler country back in the Wayne G./Messier days.
    Faithful is an understatement.
    :)
  • Options
    The Flames have been my team since I was 8 years old and getting flack on the playground from Oiler fans ... Melfort, Saskatchewan was Oiler country back in the Wayne G./Messier days.

Can you even imagine a battle of alberta?
    It would be shameful for whichever cities team lost.

But it would be cool.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    That can't be. The Wings are 1st over all and will get the worst team through. Probably be Colorado if they don't fold against Dallas and the Wings can get through Edmonton.

No? My understanding was that the winners of the Flames/Ducks and Oilers/Wings series were going to hook up next.
    And let's face it, the Ducks aren't going to get it done. If this was a purple pants contest, I'd give it to them. Fortunately, this is hockey.
    :P
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Can you even imagine a battle of alberta?
    It would be shameful for whichever cities team lost.

But it would be cool.

Indeed ... And I feel that Calgary has had too much past shame in the playoff BOA. We are overdue ...
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:

I will give it to Edmonton they are playing some good hockey and Rollie has been hot when needed and very lucky on other times.

Nice overtime goal the other night. All six Dead Wings were within a spit of their own net. I haven't seen that kind of nonsense since I checked out my buddies six year old son playing this year.

Oh no, you're right, I am being daft. If the Wings win, they won't get the Flames. Top seed and all ...
  • Options
    If this was a purple pants contest, I'd give it to them. :P

Hehehe
    Purple pants contest...
  • Options
    Go Wings!!!
    Tied at 2 now.
    Datsyuk is getting warmed up.

• Options
    A shite night for Flames AND Oilers fans ...
  • Options

Are you from Melfort?????? My mom is from Pleasantdale and I grew up in PA.
  • Options
    A shite night for Flames AND Oilers fans ...

Yeah....a disappointing night for sure. The Oilers didn't play very well in the first and third periods. Red Wings totally outplayed them all night. Can't give a team like the Red Wings the upper hand by taking so many penalties (some of which were questionable calls). Oh well....what can you do?! Just refocus for Saturday!! :D
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I really don't know what to say, part of me is ourtrageously drunk and the other part is just frikkin outfuckinrageous. If the officials want to suit up and win the cup... THEN FINE...BUT the last time I checked you were suppsed to win the cup by earning it...playing gritty, tough, spontaneous, like you have nothing to lose (i.e the Edmonton Oilers). If the Refs want to win the cup by themselves then they should try out for a team in the spring and quit thinking that they are still on the pond of their youth dictating who should win.
    Detroit played awesome like they always do. They are more experienced and know how to push the game in their favour, that's for sure.
    The Oil need to stop taking useless penalties and continue their journey to the cup.
    They can do it.
    GOOOOO OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GO!!!!
    Our team has nothing to lose, they are inexperienced but they want it bad, all of it.
    ps. I am still drunk and feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling the sting of that game. The only thing I take solace in is knowing that the Oil will win the series in E-Town.

ps. "There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright .............FERNANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...he was easily the best player on the ice tonight, if we had a team of Pisanis then this game would have been wrapped up tonight.
    I will stick by what I said in the start of this thread, MacfuckingT needs to stop fucking with the lines and the team and go with what's working for the OIL. I can appreciate what he is doing but now is not the time to be doing it. Greene needs to go...I will take Laroque for Christs sake and/or ANYBODY ELSE BUT I cannot take Greene's 4 penalties or 3 or whateve the fuck it was (sadly he reminded me of Holmstrom and that says it all right there)....he is a liability and has no place playing with the Oil right now.

As I said, the Wings played good, as they always do ( BUT they fucking better play mint...being the #1 Team in the league). Chelios played like the annoying piece of horse dung that he is, TELL ME THAT A FIGHT BETWEEN HIM AND SMYTH WOULD NOT BE DA BOMB, SMTYTH WOULD EAT HIM!
    Nonetheless, this series is the best thus far (Other than the Habs and Canes but then again the Tampa/Calgary series is turning out to be good too (...fuck I hope Calgary goes down....just because)

ps I am fairly sad but part of me knows what comes around goes around and when we beat Detroit in overtime IN Detroit, it will be fitting.
    ps II I think Detroit finally realizes that they are not playing the bottom feeders of the Easter Division.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    I am going to leave and cry myself into a drunken, debaucherous sleep and dream of a FAIR game between the Oil and the Wings but I guess that is kinda like hoping for a break to go your way...unless you're Detroit.

PS If you are a Detroit fan then thank god for Datsyuk and Zettenburg cause their old timers certainly arent doing it for them...by the way I AM A WEE BITTER!!...damnit
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    O.K. I am seriously considering not going to bed at all. What's the point... its 5:45 here and I should be in work by 10 at the latest ( seeing as it is an office day).
    My day is shot anyway and I won't get past those fucking refs....I'll hold it inside like a bitter, bitter seed until it comes to fruitition.
    ps. ggggrrr
    ps II I know this, I have a meeting at 1pm and that's it, I know my co-workers and boss will understand me arriving when I do....tonight was tough. It's kinda like having your dog being kicked by your bestfriend for no apparent reason. You know something is awry but you just dont know how to deal with it.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I am going to leave and cry myself into a drunken, debaucherous sleep and dream of a FAIR game between the Oil and the Wings but I guess that is kinda like hoping for a break to go your way...unless you're Detroit.

PS If you are a Detroit fan then thank god for Datsyuk and Zettenburg cause their old timers certainly arent doing it for them...by the way I AM A WEE BITTER!!...damnit

We know how good 13 and 40 are.They were our top two scorers.
    YOU should thank God that Datsyuk missed the last 8 games of the season.
    He is just rounding into shape now.
    I think Zetterberg is a better player than Datsyuk.
    Oh yeah.Has Smyth ever had a fight?All I see him do is push and shove.I think his gloves are sewn onto his jersey.
    GO WINGS!