Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    Sourshoe's impression of Gary is unbelievable.

i heard that yesterday....his mad dog is funny too.

it's weird...i never really liked stern back in the 90's but have found myself listening to him more and more often over the last year or two. he seems more likeable to me in his older years.

hell of an interviewer too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778

i heard that yesterday....his mad dog is funny too.

it's weird...i never really liked stern back in the 90's but have found myself listening to him more and more often over the last year or two. he seems more likeable to me in his older years.

hell of an interviewer too.

Yeah, the mad dog one was great too.

He's the best interviewer in the business. That's why so many people are afraid to go on his show.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Artie and Blu Iris. RIP Blu
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    the gary tape!!!

still, the single funniest moment in the history of the show for me :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    norm wrote:
    the gary tape!!!

still, the single funniest moment in the history of the show for me :lol::lol::lol:

in my top 5 for sure!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    norm wrote:
    the gary tape!!!

It really is. Pure gold!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    this is kelly clarkson
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    Cool!...Steve Brandano will be the guest DJ on Sirius/XM Pearl Jam radio TODAY (Feb20th) at 5pm
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Nice.
    Wanna hear what he plays
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    Nice.
    Wanna hear what he plays
    THE BLACK KEYS!!!!!!
  • Options
    heres the Brandano Guest DJ show:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rgl670pa4xdcong
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628

Did anyone hear Sourshoes call Mad Dog as Mad Dog today? It was fantastic. It would have been great if Mad Dog went with it for awhile, but I think he was confused.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    I just cancelled Sirius yesterday ... The Howard tapes prove just how burnt out Howard and robin have gotten.
    The garytape,Howard saving the suicidal bridge jumper,crazy cabbie vs John ... The list goes on and on of awesome moments,moments that I still laugh out loud at. Sadly the best is behind us

Today ?? Boring,slow paced,Howard seeming out of it and not motivated ... Fred's fake laugh and the idiot limo driver who isn't funny at all. Those horrible tradio pranks ... The bad out weight the good IMO . Howardbhas always been about speaking the truth but even he can't admit the show isn't what it was. Final straw was his back pedaling of the hbo show girls.. Come on Howard where did your balls go !? Fuck happened to you ? Back then he'd have stuck by his opinion no matter who he offended.

I love Howard and robin but I think it's ran it's course.

Just a rant sorry if I bored you :shock:
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Its definately not the same, but between Howard, all the music and a couple sports channels it keeps me entertained all day at work. So its worth every cent to me.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    I just cancelled Sirius yesterday ... The Howard tapes prove just how burnt out Howard and robin have gotten.
    The garytape,Howard saving the suicidal bridge jumper,crazy cabbie vs John ... The list goes on and on of awesome moments,moments that I still laugh out loud at. Sadly the best is behind us

Today ?? Boring,slow paced,Howard seeming out of it and not motivated ... Fred's fake laugh and the idiot limo driver who isn't funny at all. Those horrible tradio pranks ... The bad out weight the good IMO . Howardbhas always been about speaking the truth but even he can't admit the show isn't what it was. Final straw was his back pedaling of the hbo show girls.. Come on Howard where did your balls go !? Fuck happened to you ? Back then he'd have stuck by his opinion no matter who he offended.

I love Howard and robin but I think it's ran it's course.

Just a rant sorry if I bored you :shock:

Did he really backpedal on Girls? Even when he talked to that chick (probably the most annoying person in the world right now), he said he didn't like it and then changed his mind. He's mellowed, similar to Pearl Jam.

It's definitely a different show, but I agree RS1511862, Sirius keeps me entertained on a 45 minute or so ride into and from work. Even without Howard, it is great to be able to listen to a wide variety of music without commercials. Regular radio is so horrible and with so many commercials.
  • Options
    The show has changed but I think for the better. I don't care that he's on 3 days a week. I have Dan Patrick to fill in on Thursday and Fridays
  • Options
    RS151862 wrote:
    Its definately not the same, but between Howard, all the music and a couple sports channels it keeps me entertained all day at work. So its worth every cent to me.
    absolutely
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Bababooey & John Heins new show on VH1 classic premieres tonight at 10pm

Whats funny is that I posted this thread a week ago:
    pjradio wrote:
    "the rarest of all modern rock records: DEAD WEATHER'S "Blue Blood Blues" Triple Decker Record - a 45 encased within a 12"! (Third Man Records). Drop by with $600 cash or credit card and it's yours."

2hwi3ro.jpg

and apparently thats where some of the show is going to be filmed...Third Man Records
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... w-20130221
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MAYDAY!!! MAYDAY!!! Dominic allegedly stole a $1400 purse this time.
    zvug0l.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/divo ... B6ZdetgTLI
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    What kind of half assed excuse will this jerk off tell howard this time? :corn:

and god damn the Post is a rag of a paper..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    Not Howard related but no more Playboy radio
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'm getting caught up on shows and I just have to say that Girard Butler sounded eerily similar to Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf when he was on... Maybe the shit he was talking about that happened to him in India was actually a transfiguration of sorts...

and I must say that Eric the Actor asking for people to call him The Actor formerly known as Eric the Midget is classic.. This guy has such a great shtick going on..at least I hope its an act of he is just the biggest little asswipe in the world...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Tom K wrote:
    I'm getting caught up on shows and I just have to say that Girard Butler sounded eerily similar to Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf when he was on... Maybe the shit he was talking about that happened to him in India was actually a transfiguration of sorts...

and I must say that Eric the Actor asking for people to call him The Actor formerly known as Eric the Midget is classic.. This guy has such a great shtick going on..at least I hope its an act of he is just the biggest little asswipe in the world...

I loved hearing Howard and Robin make fun of John and Gary about vinyl this morning. :lol:
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

I loved hearing Howard and Robin make fun of John and Gary about vinyl this morning. :lol:

Howard and Robin are being such dbags about that. The guys like vinyl. And so do a ton of people. Tell Howard to go take some more pictures.

Speaking of Robin, is she EVER going to come back to the studio???
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Howard and Robin are being such dbags about that. The guys like vinyl. And so do a ton of people. Tell Howard to go take some more pictures.

It's hilarious. Even funnier that Gary more if it than Jon..

As for Robin, I don't think she's ever coming back to the studio. I think she had a major health issue which is why they're keeping it on the hush hush.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:

if i were gary or jon, i would've told howie to fuck off...it amazes me that he goes 2-3 times a week to therapy and he still acts like his fucked up parents

as for robin, she's gotten a lot meaner since she's not been in the studio

oh and i'm just loving hearing 1-2 shows a week...howie says he hates johnny carson but he sure is following his plan of working as little as possible but making the same $$$ :roll:
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Oh I forgot Pearl Jam likes vinyl so you can't make fun of it.

It was funny, lighten up.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

if i were gary or jon, i would've told howie to fuck off...it amazes me that he goes 2-3 times a week to therapy and he still acts like his fucked up parents

as for robin, she's gotten a lot meaner since she's not been in the studio

oh and i'm just loving hearing 1-2 shows a week...howie says he hates johnny carson but he sure is following his plan of working as little as possible but making the same $$$ :roll:

What show are you listening to? The show is people getting made fun of for stupid shit.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

PJ and vinyl have nothing to do with it. I don't even like vinyl. Nice assumption though.

It is funny, but Howard is just being a dick. No one busts his balls about his photography. I get what the show is and how they are always busting balls, but it gets pretty annoying at times.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

PJ and vinyl have nothing to do with it. I don't even like vinyl. Nice assumption though.

It is funny, but Howard is just being a dick. No one busts his balls about his photography. I get what the show is and how they are always busting balls, but it gets pretty annoying at times.

Sounds like you would prefer The View. Check your local listings.