Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    rrivers wrote:
    Good interview with Artie.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... n-20131010

I got burned out with him at the end of his run, but I'm pulling for him. It's good to see he's doing pretty well.
    I love artie, but damn that dude need to lose about 200lbs. its hard to even watch him on his radio show.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rrivers wrote:

I got burned out with him at the end of his run, but I'm pulling for him. It's good to see he's doing pretty well.
    I love artie, but damn that dude need to lose about 200lbs. its hard to even watch him on his radio show.
    I used to love Artie and now when I listen to the replay's I can't listening to him at all.

I remember listening when they were doing auditions for Jackie's chair in 2001. I think that either Dave Attell or Craig Gass would have been a much better choice for the show.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Yeah, I was really, really sick of Artie in the 6 months or so prior to his meltdown.
  • Options
    Please please no more Jesse Ventura! Though the guests lately have been pretty great. I like guest free shows though.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Please please no more Jesse Ventura! Though the guests lately have been pretty great. I like guest free shows though.

I'm with you. Howard is a great interviewer because he isn't scared to ask anything, but he cuts off his subjects too much and projects his own hang-ups on them (i.e. jealousy over another person being more successful, etc.) There are too many times when I am interested in where it is going and he changes the subject or cuts the guy off. (This happened most recently last week in the McCartney interview). He says "in a sense" too much too.

That said he does get people to say things they might not want to say so I give him props for that. I just have trouble listening to the interviews sometimes. I always enjoy the show more when it is just the "cast".
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Yes! Sometimes I find myself yelling at the radio because I really wanted to hear the answer but then he is already on to something else. But like you said, no one else on any show really gets people to talk like he does so I am grateful for that. There are times I'd just rather hear about which beer Richard is going to drink from his asshole next. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    fucking chad Kroger is on the show. No fucking black keys.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    LloydXmas wrote:

Avril Lavigne AND Chad Kroger. Really?
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

Avril Lavigne AND Chad Kroger. Really?

Ugh. Glad I listened to LB instead of the show this morning on my drive.
  • Options
    The Hanzi (sp?) theme song is fantastic!
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    How do we go from Graham Nash and McCartney to fucking Avril and Nickelback??!!! How can one man be into some of the greatest classic rock on Earth, and then into teenage pop crap? I don't get it sometimes.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    rrivers wrote:

Wow, I had no clue the suicide attempt what that insane. Drinking bleach!! That alone would kill me. I love hearing him on the older shows, but there's no doubt the show has a member go away every few years...
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Wow, I had no clue the suicide attempt what that insane. Drinking bleach!! That alone would kill me. I love hearing him on the older shows, but there's no doubt the show has a member go away every few years...

Yeah, I didn't know about the bleach thing either. I thought he just cut his wrists. That's some crazy shit. Definitely going to pick up his new book when it comes out...
  • Options
    How do we go from Graham Nash and McCartney to fucking Avril and Nickelback??!!! How can one man be into some of the greatest classic rock on Earth, and then into teenage pop crap? I don't get it sometimes.

Yeah that's quite a drop off to go from legends to the nonsense that was on there the other day. I will say though that I expected Kroger from Nickelback to be a complete dbag, but he wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    Just heard Howard do a live read for lightning bolt. Such a tease!!!'
  • Options
    I heard someone on PJ radio over the weekend say a particular band member is actually a big fan / avid listener of Stern show. Never say never.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I laughed so hard when King of All Blacks called in and Howard and Fred were doing impressions of him. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I heard someone on PJ radio over the weekend say a particular band member is actually a big fan / avid listener of Stern show. Never say never.

heard that too...who's your guess? Going with Jeff myself.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

heard that too...who's your guess? Going with Jeff myself.
    You might be right. I think Jeff wanted to be on the show once but they declined because Eddie wasn't gonna be there.
  • Options
    I remember around Riot Act they were all interviewed at KROC by Cabbie and Kane. I think I remember Stone being willing to go see Howard but Howard only wanted them if Eddie would be there.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I remember around Riot Act they were all interviewed at KROC by Cabbie and Kane. I think I remember Stone being willing to go see Howard but Howard only wanted them if Eddie would be there.

Hopefully one day EV will go on Stern. I would love to hear that interview.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Natalie Maines has been working on making this happen.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Natalie Maines has been working on making this happen.

Nice! It would be such a great interview. Howard is so great when he gets these rock legends in the studio.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Just a FYI EV will not do Stern but Da Kid. Knows for a fact Mike listens
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    This Stern bday bash sounds like it will be great. That's the Friday before the Super Bowl too so I'm sure there will be a ton of celebs there.
  • Options
    A girl I work with was Interviewed by john leiberman this week for being one of the first to tweet about the party. She's probably gonna get to go. Lucky bitch. :lol:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    LloydXmas wrote:
    A girl I work with was Interviewed by john leiberman this week for being one of the first to tweet about the party. She's probably gonna get to go. Lucky bitch. :lol:

"all i need is howard in my life..."

*sounds of crow squawking in the background

:lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

"all i need is howard in my life..."

*sounds of crow squawking in the background

:lol:
    Only a matter of time before she's in the whack pack and dating Bigfoot in Vermont. :lol:

Weird thing is they actually sought after her and asked her to be interviewed.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    pjscreamer wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Just a FYI EV will not do Stern but Da Kid. Knows for a fact Mike listens
    How do u know he EV won't do stern? Has he said this somewhere?
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the shows this week. The new wrap up shows on Thursday and Friday are nice to have something new.