Howard Stern

Comments

• I say everytime they play that "cash for gold" commercial that you have to take a shot of something. Jaegermeister maybe?

by the way, the Kato Kaitlin vs. Ralph similarities was priceless.
    model role model
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jT00fBeuXY

hahah
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Thanks...haven't heard the Letterman clips yet, so maybe it was early. You reading the book yet?

I got the book yesterday and started reading it about 3pm. I put The Who on my ipod and after I listened to "Quadrophenia", "Tommy", their greatest hits, and "Who's Next" I was done. It took me 74 Who songs to get through it.

It's not bad, but if you're debating buying it I'd say there's only one story that was not told on the show that was big. There were another one or two that he didn't mention on the show, but it was nothing huge.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I pre ordered Too Fat to Fish from Amazon, and it shipped yesterday. They sent me a tracking number and apparently it takes a full week to ship something USPS from Pittsbugh to Cleveland
  • rrivers wrote:
    I got the book yesterday and started reading it about 3pm. I put The Who on my ipod and after I listened to "Quadrophenia", "Tommy", their greatest hits, and "Who's Next" I was done. It took me 74 Who songs to get through it.

It's not bad, but if you're debating buying it I'd say there's only one story that was not told on the show that was big. There were another one or two that he didn't mention on the show, but it was nothing huge.

Just started it...chapter 3. I liked the Franki Valli story. I'm sure he mentioned it before on the show, but I like reading stuff like that in the book. Father's f*ing funny.
    model role model
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I pre ordered Too Fat to Fish from Amazon, and it shipped yesterday. They sent me a tracking number and apparently it takes a full week to ship something USPS from Pittsbugh to Cleveland

me too....expected arrival is the 20th
    me too....expected arrival is the 20th

mine better come on horseback or something
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    mine better come on horseback or something

if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay on Amazon including shipping/handling?
    model role model
    if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay on Amazon including shipping/handling?

$18, the book was $13.50 I believe
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    $18, the book was $13.50 I believe

okay, I paid $22 at the store. Should've ordered thru Amazon, though because I heard people received (some people that is) last week.

by the way, I thought the forward by Howard was funny. The pics of Artie used in the forward were hilarious.
    model role model
    okay, I paid $22 at the store. Should've ordered thru Amazon, though because I heard people received (some people that is) last week.

by the way, I thought the forward by Howard was funny. The pics of Artie used in the forward were hilarious.

I wish I would have just gone to the store and gotten it. I hate to be impulsive, but a week to delivery something from a place I can drive to in under 2 hours is a little much. I'm really excited to read the book that's all it is I guess
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    I wish I would have just gone to the store and gotten it. I hate to be impulsive, but a week to delivery something from a place I can drive to in under 2 hours is a little much. I'm really excited to read the book that's all it is I guess

understood.
    model role model
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I got mine at Borders today for $18.81. I'm so eager to read this book!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    rrivers wrote:

I'm buying it tomorrow. I can't wait! :D:p
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    got one signed today for bf. Nightmare line!

Oh, and if you want it dedicated make sure you check the book BEFORE walking away...Artie must have been tired of writing after 2 hours of signing and the day before because a few of us that asked for dedications didn't get them. I didn't look till after I walked away from the table. Got a good pic of him signing it tho...so that will have to do.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Despite having another week off, Best Of was so friggen funny today. The Tracy Morgan interview never gets old. I listened to it on the way in to work and again on the way home. I'm still laughing. The High Pitch Mike vs Artie was great to hear again too.

On another note, the new Sirius-XM format sucks. No more Backspin, the 80's station craps now, and Hair Nation just isn't the same. What they hell did they do to mess it up so bad?? The songs aren't even the same. It's horrible.
    Today I heard Counting Crows which was awesome! I hadn't heard them play "Friend of the Devil" and "Rain King" with the "Thunder Road" tag. Does anyone know where I could download the songs from their appearance?

Corduroy, I know what you mean about the merger. Rolling Stone had an article about it:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/24518033/satellite_radio_listeners_rankled_by_xmsirius_merger
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    rrivers wrote:
    Today I heard Counting Crows which was awesome! I hadn't heard them play "Friend of the Devil" and "Rain King" with the "Thunder Road" tag. Does anyone know where I could download the songs from their appearance?

Corduroy, I know what you mean about the merger. Rolling Stone had an article about it:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/24518033/satellite_radio_listeners_rankled_by_xmsirius_merger

never seen them posted anywhere. Not a counting crows fan, but really like their version on FOTD from their stern appearance
    rrivers wrote:

Great article and so freaking true. They should have never merged. It's just different now. If Stern wasn't on it, I'd cancel at this point.
    Great article and so freaking true. They should have never merged. It's just different now. If Stern wasn't on it, I'd cancel at this point.

I was really surprised at the decline when they merged. I thought that would make it better. I listen to the NFL on it too, so I would probably keep it even without Stern. The thing that bugged me the most was the editing of songs on Lithium. How can you edit songs on a freakin' pay-service?!
    What a revelation today. High Pitch Mike is gay. No one ever thought that!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    What a revelation today. High Pitch Mike is gay. No one ever thought that!

yea but it was pre-promoted ;):D
    cutback wrote:

Just like Artie's book!!
  • Loved how Fred played Glorified G.
    Played after they talked about Plaxico. Fred is too funny sometimes.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    Loved how Fred played Glorified G.
    Played after they talked about Plaxico. Fred is too funny sometimes.

I caught that soon as I pulled into my jobsite. Definitely the most played PJ song on Stern.
    cutback wrote:

That was so funny. Sal's song was great too. I wish they would do a weekend of them just goofing on Gary.
  • Every day without Artie proves how important he is to the show.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Breath was playes today. Artie done effed up again...calling in sick.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Every day without Artie proves how important he is to the show.

True, but a week off and now he calls in after 1 day back. WTF. I guess if we really want him, we have to take him however we can get him.
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Every day without Artie proves how important he is to the show.

I enjoy when he's not there. I don't have to listen to him stutter for five minutes every time he starts to make a point, I don't have to hear him kiss Howard's ass, and I don't have to hear him say "cleary" seventy five times an hour.