Howard Stern

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I hope we get another 5 out of Howard.

I think we will. I can't imagine him walking away, especially with the merger.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    rrivers wrote:

I don't think he will resign. He's even said that he's leaning toward retirement.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    I don't think he will resign. He's even said that he's leaning toward retirement.

But he's said that for years.

What will really be interesting is to see what Artie decides to do if Howard stays on the air. He's such a money whore, he probably will stay with the show even though he is miserable there.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    rrivers wrote:
    But he's said that for years.

What will really be interesting is to see what Artie decides to do if Howard stays on the air. He's such a money whore, he probably will stay with the show even though he is miserable there.

My personal feeling, they will go to an easy schedule for all of them. Afternoons!! This way Artie can get up and not bitch about the awful hours, and Howard can finally go to bed at 10 pm!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Pierce wrote:
    they have to spend their money sometime....

that's true, but it makes my ride to work SUCK even more when I hear replays that I've heard before...oh well, everyone needs a vacation! :rolleyes:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    My personal feeling, they will go to an easy schedule for all of them. Afternoons!! This way Artie can get up and not bitch about the awful hours, and Howard can finally go to bed at 10 pm!

They did throw that around a couple of weeks ago and, of course, Artie said it would be awesome. But Howard said he didn't want to disappoint all the people who have been listening to them in the morning all these years.
  • arielariel Posts: 191
    rrivers wrote:

I can't imagine Beth wanting him around more for a while, she'll probably sign him for another 5 whether he wants it or not :P
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    rrivers wrote:
    They did throw that around a couple of weeks ago and, of course, Artie said it would be awesome. But Howard said he didn't want to disappoint all the people who have been listening to them in the morning all these years.
    So he either leaves completely or does afternoons? I would think leaving completely would disappoint his fans a bit more than doing a show in the afternoon. They could do a replay the next morning of the previous afternoons show. I'd listen.....all day, like I do now. Its the sportscenter of the radio. I listen over and over and over.......
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    How great were today's reruns!! Sting, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder. I had forgot some of the stellar names he had in there.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    How great were today's reruns!! Sting, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder. I had forgot some of the stellar names he had in there.

Sting was a good one!! :D
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Damn that Jerry O'connell interview was brutal. He's a tool. One of the most unorganic interviews I've ever heard. I could barely listen to his goofiness. He tries so hard to be a huge fan of the show, when he seems to know nothing! Rebecca Romijn must be just a tid bit goofy as well to marry this weirdo. I mean, Jerry, the fat kid in the greatest movie of all time, is one odd dude.
  • Damn that Jerry O'connell interview was brutal. He's a tool. One of the most unorganic interviews I've ever heard. I could barely listen to his goofiness. He tries so hard to be a huge fan of the show, when he seems to know nothing! Rebecca Romijn must be just a tid bit goofy as well to marry this weirdo. I mean, Jerry, the fat kid in the greatest movie of all time, is one odd dude.

Yes, but to leave GORGEOUS JOHN STAMOS for Jerry is CRAZY! :eek:
    "What a stupid lamb."
    Damn that Jerry O'connell interview was brutal. He's a tool. One of the most unorganic interviews I've ever heard. I could barely listen to his goofiness. He tries so hard to be a huge fan of the show, when he seems to know nothing! Rebecca Romijn must be just a tid bit goofy as well to marry this weirdo. I mean, Jerry, the fat kid in the greatest movie of all time, is one odd dude.

I haven't heard today's show yet, but I liked Jerry when he was on for celebrity superfan.

I think the show this week has been great.
  • Sounds like HowardTV has some good stuff coming. The Ronnie show should be hilarious. Wack Pack with the Richard's family I can't wait for!!!

Wack Pack Bowling is hilarious! I love how Beetle keeps going into the control room thinking it's the bathrooom.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• rrivers wrote:
    I haven't heard today's show yet, but I liked Jerry when he was on for celebrity superfan.

I think the show this week has been great.

I agree, the show this week has been hilarious. The banter has been dead on. But Jerry brings it all to a screeching halt!

The Dominic song parodies are so great. "I'm all by myself!"
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    Sounds like HowardTV has some good stuff coming. The Ronnie show should be hilarious. Wack Pack with the Richard's family I can't wait for!!!

Wack Pack Bowling is hilarious! I love how Beetle keeps going into the control room thinking it's the bathrooom.

The Ronnie Show is going to be hilarious.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • anyone else think his show has improved a million percent since switching to satellite?[/quote]

On many levels, mature, the best damn interviews ever. I think that on terrestrial he felt he had to keep it so edgy that it interfered with quality, strange.
    But I have said that to many people that are no longer listeners that the show has improved immeasurably on multiple levels.
    I'm not sure where I'm going, but I will know when I get there!
    graydog009 wrote:
    anyone else think his show has improved a million percent since switching to satellite?

On many levels, mature, the best damn interviews ever. I think that on terrestrial he felt he had to keep it so edgy that it interfered with quality, strange.
    But I have said that to many people that are no longer listeners that the show has improved immeasurably on multiple levels.[/quote]

It definitely is better because there are not 20 minutes of commercials and people can tell stories without censoring themselves.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Benjy Bronk is the man

Hot Doggin-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyqmqJVEyA
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Tom K wrote:
    Benjy Bronk is the man

Hot Doggin-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyqmqJVEyA

Schtik coma.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • Anyone else not really believe this Hunter guy's story about fighting the war? For a call to Afghanistan, it sure sounded like he was still in L.A. banging some chicks. Seemed like a schtick call just to have something for 9/11. The show has been great this week. One of the better ones in a while.

Go Bob Levy!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    richard and sal are sooo gay

but this is just too funny :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk7f2CWEED4
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122143532408734143.html?mod=hpp_us_inside_today

I think this is more reason for Howard to sign on for another 5.
  • rrivers wrote:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122143532408734143.html?mod=hpp_us_inside_today

I think this is more reason for Howard to sign on for another 5.

I hope he does but I really doubt it. He is getting old.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • Artie was on FIRE during Ultimate Loser contest. That was hilarious

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • If I had to listen to that girl talk for 2 more seconds I was cancelling my subscription. Holy shit she did not shut up about herself. I hate girls like her. For the first time Artie didn't fawn all over Miss Howard TV. He was definitely fed up with her shit and ego the second she stepped foot in the place.

Great show today. All week long has been great.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    If I had to listen to that girl talk for 2 more seconds I was cancelling my subscription. Holy shit she did not shut up about herself. I hate girls like her. For the first time Artie didn't fawn all over Miss Howard TV. He was definitely fed up with her shit and ego the second she stepped foot in the place.

Great show today. All week long has been great.

yea but....

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/RS-09-17-08---Miss-Howard-TV---Alexis-Pelekanos.jpg

:D
  • cutback wrote:

I'm not saying she isn't hot, but that yap yap talk about me and everything I do mouth would drive me insane.

There's been hotter Miss Howard TV's too!
  • Yep, she's hot but man was she annoying. I hate when girls laugh after everything they say.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • Lostdoggie wrote:
    Yep, she's hot but man was she annoying. I hate when girls laugh after everything they say.

Or when they copy Shuli with "beotch!"