Howard Stern

Comments

• Good for them, but does this mean they're going to be on vacation again come Monday?
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • SammiSammi Posts: 27
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    Good for them, but does this mean they're going to be on vacation again come Monday?

I wouldn't doubt it. You know he uses any and every excuse to take a vacation!
    *~*I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood*~*
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    cutback wrote:

Great, can't wait to hear Artie kiss Howard's ass when they get back telling him over and over how great the wedding was.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • can anyone tell me why they don't do a Friday live show anymore? When they were on FM, the show ran from 6am to 11am most days five days a week and it was free. Now it's 4 days a week, ends at 10:30 most days and we spend $13 a month. Anyone else feel scammed?
    model role model
  • I don't feel scammed because the show is still amazing when it's on. On Friday I usually listen to the Jay Thomas Show on 101 from 7-10 and I actually think it's pretty underrated. Shuli is on there and he's hilarious.

8/20/98 - Montreal
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    I don't feel scammed because the show is still amazing when it's on. On Friday I usually listen to the Jay Thomas Show on 101 from 7-10 and I actually think it's pretty underrated. Shuli is on there and he's hilarious.

I don't mind Fridays being off either. I like the Best of the Week on Fridays now.

What sucks is that you can't listen to the Jay Thomas show on the west coast unless you get up at 3am. Every time I turn it on 101 on the drive to work ~7:20am it is Bubba on 101.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I love Ray and Ben Stern. Have them on once a week. So glad to have live shows again. I didn't even mind hearing about the wedding all day. I could have done without hearing Ralph first thing this morning!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    His mom and dad are hilarious! I wish Howard was on Fridays, but I am just glad I can hear him at all! I hope Beth and him last forever! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Ben and Rae Stern are the best. Hearing them rag on Howard was hilarious and I hope he talks about it tomorrow, because I die when he imitates his parents' voices.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    Ben and Rae Stern are the best. Hearing them rag on Howard was hilarious and I hope he talks about it tomorrow, because I die when he imitates his parents' voices.

Oh I know, it cracks me the hell up every time!! :D:p
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    Anyone else think Marcia sucked today? She was brutally honest - but who cares? umm sigh.
    I just keep moving on....
  • Yeah some interviews I just don't care about and this was one of them. I prefer no guests and them just shooting the shit with each other.

8/20/98 - Montreal
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I'm still trying to figure out if Howard's parents were at the wedding. He speaks nothing of them being there, just all the A list celebrities.

The Steve Langford and Sour Shoes prank calls are stellar. I could listen to Sour all day!
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    Yeah some interviews I just don't care about and this was one of them. I prefer no guests and them just shooting the shit with each other.

I agree. Last night I saw the interview with the labia chick that Howard threw out. Good stuff.
    rrivers wrote:
    I agree. Last night I saw the interview with the labia chick that Howard threw out. Good stuff.

Genius - eh? I heard Artie's dedication in his book to Howard. You must admit Howard is incredible. How the hell does he think of this stuff on a whim?
    Fred impersonating Benjy is one of the funniest things on the show and something that doesn't get a lot of props. I almost crashed my car today when he was doing it.
  • rrivers wrote:
    Fred impersonating Benjy is one of the funniest things on the show and something that doesn't get a lot of props. I almost crashed my car today when he was doing it.

I love Fred impersonating Richard and Jason. Jason sucks.

8/20/98 - Montreal
    Anyone else pre order Artie's book?
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    lksammkt wrote:
    Anyone else pre order Artie's book?

I did, i think it is still 45% off on Amazon.com
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I did, i think it is still 45% off on Amazon.com
    I got it off Amazon, I am curious why Canada got it earlier. Also I don’t see Artie coming around my neighborhood for a book signing.
  • Randon question...
    I havent been able to listen to stern for the past year or so & dont have time to read the 82 pages here. I'm wondering.....did stern get poilitical the past few months?? Did he push for Obama? I just remember how much he wanted Bush out in 04.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Randon question...
    I havent been able to listen to stern for the past year or so & dont have time to read the 82 pages here. I'm wondering.....did stern get poilitical the past few months?? Did he push for Obama? I just remember how much he wanted Bush out in 04.

Not as much as he pushed for Kerry in 04. I think he was still undecided until McCain chose Palin.
  • did they play Artie/Letterman clips today? Did Belzer call in yet? I don't know if Belzer was invited to the wedding, but if he wasn't, how does Chevy get invited and Belzer doesn't? Does anyone remember when Belzer and Howard called Chevy's home and the maid answered? Radio gold. My how times change.
    model role model
    did they play Artie/Letterman clips today? Did Belzer call in yet? I don't know if Belzer was invited to the wedding, but if he wasn't, how does Chevy get invited and Belzer doesn't? Does anyone remember when Belzer and Howard called Chevy's home and the maid answered? Radio gold. My how times change.

Right before the news Howard was debating playing the whole Artie appearance on Letterman and going to the bathroom, but he decided against it. He said he would play it today (Tues) first thing.

Not sure if Belzer called in. He did talk early in the show how Belzer was invited to the wedding but didn't show up until late and then left soon after.
  • rrivers wrote:
    Right before the news Howard was debating playing the whole Artie appearance on Letterman and going to the bathroom, but he decided against it. He said he would play it today (Tues) first thing.

Not sure if Belzer called in. He did talk early in the show how Belzer was invited to the wedding but didn't show up until late and then left soon after.

Thanks...haven't heard the Letterman clips yet, so maybe it was early. You reading the book yet?
    model role model
    Thought I would share this. Artie was on NPR this morning talking about his new book that came out today.
    This made my day – can’t wait to get my copy!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96849879
    lksammkt wrote:
    Thought I would share this. Artie was on NPR this morning talking about his new book that came out today.
    This made my day – can’t wait to get my copy!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96849879

Thanks! Another Nor Cal Stern fan!
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Thanks...haven't heard the Letterman clips yet, so maybe it was early. You reading the book yet?

howard did not play the clips today. I watched the appearance friday night, definetly not his best appearance
  • howard did not play the clips today. I watched the appearance friday night, definetly not his best appearance

no, but man I love to look at Natalie Portman. That was probably the best double-guest shot on Letterman ever. If PJ was the musical guest, holy smokes!