Howard Stern

Comments

• rrivers wrote:
    It sucks that Artie is back.
    where was he???
    havent listened to the show in awhile. I used to daily but no longer have sirius
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    rrivers wrote:
    It sucks that Artie is back.
    where was he???
    havent listened to the show in awhile. I used to daily but no longer have sirius
    He had a mini nervous breakdown. Continuous Artie drama. I just don't understand the guy. I love him, I feel the show is better with him, but the bullshit continues every month with him.

Speaking of Sirius, I had 3 accounts, and cancelled 2 of them, now I can't get those MFers to stop calling me. Literally 6 am, my phone rings asking me why I cancelled. DO they need the extra business that bad??!! STOP CALLING ME SIRIUS!!
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Ronnie da Limo driver at Tooties Miami YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

I love Miami!! Do you love Miami??!!! Wake up wake up motherfuckers!!
  • pjscreamer wrote:
    Ronnie da Limo driver at Tooties Miami YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Just watched that on HowardTV... I forget the final count of "YEEEEEEEAAAAHHH"s. Ronnie is so corny it's hilarious. They seriously need to send him there every week.

Can't wait for the new Beetlejuice show on HowardTV the end of this month.

I think cought a youtube clip from a couple days ago with Eric the Midget talking at the beginning... was he on this week or last week? Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the cranky little guy.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    He had a mini nervous breakdown. Continuous Artie drama. I just don't understand the guy. I love him, I feel the show is better with him, but the bullshit continues every month with him.

Speaking of Sirius, I had 3 accounts, and cancelled 2 of them, now I can't get those MFers to stop calling me. Literally 6 am, my phone rings asking me why I cancelled. DO they need the extra business that bad??!! STOP CALLING ME SIRIUS!!

I used to think the show was better with Artie, but he annoys me now.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    More proof Artie is a complete ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10_gkyHMAE

Hopefully he is gone from the show for good.
  • I havent listened in a while but.... I hear Artie is in the hospital (for what???) and Howard threatened to quite sirius before the break? Should be interesting show today...
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    I'm really bummed out about Artie..They will not release any information in respect to his family.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    ya, it sucks. Hopefully he comes back eventually, but I highly doubt it. I wonder why he is in the hospital? heart attack? stress? breakdown?
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    artie stabbed himself 9 times??????
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

Just read this, jesus christ...

Was that on the show this morning? Sorry, I'm on the west coast and listen to the show on my ride home.
    rrivers wrote:

Was that on the show this morning? Sorry, I'm on the west coast and listen to the show on my ride home.

I didn't listen, he may have addressed it today but not sure. The NY Post first reported it this morning.
  • I belive Howard did address it indirectly.....saying something like .....we all have demons lets not forget the good time and comedy artie has brought to the show etc etc etc. I did not listen but would love to hear about it. I believe Howards website gives a breakdown of each days show.

I cant believe the dude survived 9 stabs!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

I belive Howard did address it indirectly.....saying something like .....we all have demons lets not forget the good time and comedy artie has brought to the show etc etc etc. I did not listen but would love to hear about it. I believe Howards website gives a breakdown of each days show.

I think that Howard said that the other day when he first went to the hospital, I could be wrong though.

I know, pretty crazy. What I read said 6 hesitation wounds and 3 deep plunges.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I belive Howard did address it indirectly.....saying something like .....we all have demons lets not forget the good time and comedy artie has brought to the show etc etc etc. I did not listen but would love to hear about it. I believe Howards website gives a breakdown of each days show.

Tho Howard news played him talking about it and Howard is pissed
    at whomever talked to the post...other than thy I heard Gary on the wrap up show and they have discussed it personally but seem to having a hard time with it understandingly and out of respect for arties mom and sister
    It's just nuts. Here I thought he was just going through his same routine of bullshit drama of missing work, doing drugs, being tired, and all the other crap. But to hear about an attempted suicide, I'm sickened. It's shocking beyond all means. I love the guy but his constant bullshit wore thin with me over the past year. He's definitely screwed up and needs major help. I've never seen a more destructive human being who just wants to die. I highly doubt at this point we'll see him as a regular on the show ever again.
    It's just nuts. Here I thought he was just going through his same routine of bullshit drama of missing work, doing drugs, being tired, and all the other crap. But to hear about an attempted suicide, I'm sickened. It's shocking beyond all means. I love the guy but his constant bullshit wore thin with me over the past year. He's definitely screwed up and needs major help. I've never seen a more destructive human being who just wants to die. I highly doubt at this point we'll see him as a regular on the show ever again.

see all that stuff you mentioned is all part of the problem...he has some serious mental problems and he has used drugs and alcohol is cope/cover up the pain...i'm sure at some point in the past i've tried to explain this when you guys would go off on artie...he wasn't doing it to be a jackass...he's an addict and has severe depression...but he loves his job on the show and his standup so he tried to get through it but that never works...it just exacerbates the problems

i just hope this is finally rock bottom for him and he can finally get the help he needs to get better
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    artie has seen rock bottom before...this isn't the first time he's tried to commit suicide. there was another time before when he took some pills, with the intent to kill himself, but failed as he was again discovered by his mother. it's all in his book.

but this is just depressing. i hate hearing that artie is out from work again. you almost know that it's going to be drug related/bad each and every time.

i just really hope he finds a way out of this. i don't know what his problem is. by the end of his book, he made it seem like there was still some hope for him. but i mean since last year when the book came out and now, i don't know what hope really exists for him.

i just wish that he gets better.

in other news...anyone else think jim breuer is going to replace him?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    norm wrote:
    but he loves his job on the show and his standup so he tried to get through it but that never works..

If he really loved his job he wouldn't have let his life get to this point. He said over and over how he hated the schedule. Artie has the job we all dream of doing, yet he still couldn't commit his life to a 4 day a week, million dollar schedule. I can only imagine what crazy things must consume this man, but he's been given so much and has abused every last bit of it. Purely selfish acts on his part.

in other news...anyone else think jim breuer is going to replace him?

If Jim Breuer joins on I will no longer listen to Howard. I cannot stand Jim Breuer. Get Dave Attell in there, he's good shit.
    norm wrote:
    but he loves his job on the show and his standup so he tried to get through it but that never works..

If he really loved his job he wouldn't have let his life get to this point. He said over and over how he hated the schedule. Artie has the job we all dream of doing, yet he still couldn't commit his life to a 4 day a week, million dollar schedule. I can only imagine what crazy things must consume this man, but he's been given so much and has abused every last bit of it. Purely selfish acts on his part.

I completely disagree with this entire statement from an addiction perspective. No matter how much you love your job, if you are an addict drugs usually win. Addiction controls your life and while I have never experienced it I am/was friends with plently of people that have.

There are plently of people who have our dream jobs and hate their life or are consumed by addiction. Darryl Strawberry is/was a good example.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I completely disagree with this entire statement from an addiction perspective. No matter how much you love your job, if you are an addict drugs usually win. Addiction controls your life and while I have never experienced it I am/was friends with plently of people that have.

There are plently of people who have our dream jobs and hate their life or are consumed by addiction. Darryl Strawberry is/was a good example.

Artie has bluffed everyone about getting treatment and counseling the entire time. I understand the addiction thing plenty, I have very close people in my life that suffer severely with alcoholism and I see the control it has. But they too are ones who lie about everything and don't commit themselves to a recovery program. Much like Artie.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Artie has bluffed everyone about getting treatment and counseling the entire time. I understand the addiction thing plenty, I have very close people in my life that suffer severely with alcoholism and I see the control it has. But they too are ones who lie about everything and don't commit themselves to a recovery program. Much like Artie.

I completely agree and not getting into too many details but I am going through some similar shit with someone pretty close right now. That's what they do. They get some help for a week or so, take a couple weeks or months off and go right back to the same shit. It's frustrating as hell. Drugs are a motherfucker and it is much easier said than done.

I just don't feel like your statement is fair from the beginning that Artie is in the wrong because he has a job we would all want and can't get clean.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I just don't feel like your statement is fair from the beginning that Artie is in the wrong because he has a job we would all want and can't get clean.

I'm not putting it all on that fact, it's just hard when you see someone has a job that a lot of us would dream of and they shit it all away due to drugs and addiction. The same could be said for the CEO of some big corp, just Artie is more public due to his celebrity. Tiger Woods is in the same ballpark, just his wife tried to kill him and he didn't try it himself.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm not putting it all on that fact, it's just hard when you see someone has a job that a lot of us would dream of and they shit it all away due to drugs and addiction. The same could be said for the CEO of some big corp, just Artie is more public due to his celebrity. Tiger Woods is in the same ballpark, just his wife tried to kill him and he didn't try it himself.

Fair enough and yeah its shitty.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you have to understand the mind of an addict...no matter what they say, the addiction comes first...it doesn't matter how successful they are...in fact, the success can be a detriment to trying to get clean...in this case, artie believes that his drinking and drug taking are helping him in his career which outwardly might be the case, but all that does is deepen the addiction

it isn't easy to understand unless you've personally experienced it or watched someone close go through it...and sometimes it takes several of these rock bottom moments before the person finally gets their shit together
    btw, here is what was said on the show today...

Howard revealed that his hand has been forced by a story about Artie's suicide attempt in Page Six ("I was actually hoping it wouldn't come out.") and had to offer his comment: "I don't know what to think. I'm angry about it. I'm sad about it. I'm all over the place emotionally." Howard directed most of his anger at the worm who leaked the details of Artie's condition: "I'm pissed off at the shithead who got paid by – who? Page Six."
    Howard hoped the story would go away and allow Artie to heal privately: "This is a family matter. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say...just remember who Artie is and what a wonderful guy he is...he's wrestling with some serious stuff...I only wish him well." Howard tried reading the Page Six item, but stopped after just eight words: "I just feel sick about this. I don't even wanna read it."

THE STERN SHOW SENDS LOVE TO THE LANGE FAMILY
    Howard repeated: "I don't want this to sound like a eulogy. Artie's alive, by the way. It was a suicide attempt." Howard added that he was unsure of Artie's future with the show ("I haven't spoken with Artie. Robin has. Tim has...I'm just freaked out. I don't know what to do. I figure if Artie wants to talk to me he'll call me.") and offered one final comment: "My thoughts go to his mother and his sister who I'm sure are in great pain."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

First, what's up, Corduroyboy!!!! Did you go to Outside Lands? I still kick myself about not going to the second Ed solo Berkeley show when McCready showed up.

I agree with you and your thoughts about Artie. Howard was always saying he would let him have the time off to get better. He had the perfect situation to get better. Addiction or not, people still have to take responsibility for themselves, and in his case, his mother and sister. Addiction is a disease that can be treated and he didn't do what he needed to. Hopefully he will now.

I hope he gets better and can find some happiness, but I hope he doesn't come back to the show. The show is much better without him. It's funny I started listening to Stern right around the time Artie would come in with Norm MacDonald. I thought he was great then, but his contribution has gone downhill. He's an average at best comedian and without his "crazy" stories he would not be interesting at all. Now most of the time I can predict which obvious joke he's going to make. He spends most of the time kissing Howard's ass or trying to talk himself and everyone else into believing he is funny and creative.
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    F Jackie

George Takei (sP?) until Artie returns.