Howard Stern

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    What are you in to? What are your interests?

I love Medicated Pete
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    thunderDAN wrote:
    What are you in to? What are your interests?

I love Medicated Pete

I love the fact that they brought him back for another internship and have no clue what to do with him!! I say stick him with JD!
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    First of all - OMG!! I have been saying for the past month, how much I miss the show. I haven’t renewed my subscription in almost a year. I have to agree with all the thoughts here on the board. Artie is just in a low place right now. The fact that he stabbed himself not once, but 9 times….is horrible. He obviously in true Artie fashion – just thinking about himself! His mom and sister must be devastated and the fact that his mother found him is just nauseating.

I think Artie and the Howard Stern show are SYNONYMOUS. If Artie didn’t have the show, he would’ve been 6’ under years ago.
    I just keep moving on....
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    i hope he re-signs.
    I miss igotid88
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    lksammkt wrote:
    First of all - OMG!! I have been saying for the past month, how much I miss the show. I haven’t renewed my subscription in almost a year. I have to agree with all the thoughts here on the board. Artie is just in a low place right now. The fact that he stabbed himself not once, but 9 times….is horrible. He obviously in true Artie fashion – just thinking about himself! His mom and sister must be devastated and the fact that his mother found him is just nauseating.

I think Artie and the Howard Stern show are SYNONYMOUS. If Artie didn’t have the show, he would’ve been 6’ under years ago.

agree 100%

wish stern would return to free radio..

satellite radio is too much of a luxury for most of us in this economy...

besides with no opie and anthony on free radio...

there is NOTHING on..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I haven't listened to Stern since Satelite. Really do miss that show.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    after listening and watching stern on sirus ...one can never listen to him on free radio again
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    after listening and watching stern on sirus ...one can never listen to him on free radio again

ya, even the interview with bubba this week, it would have been 1000% better if they could say whatever they wanted without holding back
  • I listened to a little bit of Stern when they had a free week of his show on XM.

I never laughed. Didn't really find it very interesting. Howard himself is quite simply an unfunny person. But, he has an inexplicably huge following.

He just didn't offer enough to get rid of my O&A. Not being a hater, just don't like the show.

It was deeply important to me to say that for some reason. Almost like people would read it and go "that dude's right. I've been listening to Howard for 20 years and thank fuck this guy finally told me what radio show to like."
    I listened to a little bit of Stern when they had a free week of his show on XM.

I never laughed. Didn't really find it very interesting. Howard himself is quite simply an unfunny person. But, he has an inexplicably huge following.

He just didn't offer enough to get rid of my O&A. Not being a hater, just don't like the show.

It was deeply important to me to say that for some reason. Almost like people would read it and go "that dude's right. I've been listening to Howard for 20 years and thank fuck this guy finally told me what radio show to like."

and yet you've failed.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:

and yet you've failed.

I figured as much. Oh well. We have different tastes. I like cheeseburgers. You like shitburgers. It's all good man. It's your earhole. Satisfy yourself.

You said it best. No way will Stern ever go back to horrible FM. It's unlistenable now, even for music. Sirius is great and it's just as much a luxury as cable is. I'll pay my $12 a month for good music, Stern, and endless other stuff that is superior to the shit radio stations we have here.
    igotid88 wrote:

and yet you've failed.

I figured as much. Oh well. We have different tastes. I like cheeseburgers. You like shitburgers. It's all good man. It's your earhole. Satisfy yourself.

Wow, shitburgers. I wonder if Wendy's is selling those nowadays?
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968

You said it best. No way will Stern ever go back to horrible FM. It's unlistenable now, even for music. Sirius is great and it's just as much a luxury as cable is. I'll pay my $12 a month for good music, Stern, and endless other stuff that is superior to the shit radio stations we have here.

'endless other stuff...'

...you mean playboy radio?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

'endless other stuff...'

...you mean playboy radio?

No, the Big 80's and Hair Nation!!! Can't forget Backspin! Just great music channels on it. Even if Stern leaves, I'm still subscribing.
    if howard doesn't resign, I have a feeling sirius will go under.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696

I have that feeling too.

I would stay just for the NFl to listen to the Saints home team announcers. Saints in the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    ERIC the midget's girl diana digarmo sang the anthem at MSG last night :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

He'll resign. I say we get another 5 and then he's out for good.

He'll resign. I say we get another 5 and then he's out for good.

I agree. He's a fair guy and knows he has to give the company longer than 5 years to get on their feet. If they can't survive without him after 10 years they never will. I just wish he would announce it.
    gary asked howard out of everybody, who do you want to see play next years super bowl...he said pearl jam
  • gary asked howard out of everybody, who do you want to see play next years super bowl...he said pearl jam
    Really? cool. any furhter conversation afterwards or explanation.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • gary asked howard out of everybody, who do you want to see play next years super bowl...he said pearl jam

Gary said "who do you want to see next year for the Super Bowl?"

Howard said, "Pearl Jam"

I think Gary said, something like "Pearl Jam would be amazing, but do you think like little kids would know who they are"... then Howard said "little kids probably don't know who the Who is either".

Then Gary mentioned "Green Day may be a little more relevant to kids" and Howard joked "that'd be cool. yeah they could perform their broadway show there".

They also mentioned how "kids probably don't know who the Who is, nor what a pinball machine is (pinball wizard)" haha.

And Robin went on to say anything beats those awful years of popstars (Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, etc) Also, they mentioned how awful those "popstar meets rockstar" half time shows were.

I think something like that... I listened at 7 AM on the way to work so I may be getting it wrong. It's clear the stern staff are all big Pearl Jam and Who fans.

Although Howard gave mixed reviews on the Who performance... really hating on the editors of the show, panning back too much, not showing the Who enough. I agree with Howard on that.

Howard mentions all the time he loves Pearl Jam.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    gary asked howard out of everybody, who do you want to see play next years super bowl...he said pearl jam

Gary said "who do you want to see next year for the Super Bowl?"

Howard said, "Pearl Jam"

I think Gary said, something like "Pearl Jam would be amazing, but do you think like little kids would know who they are"... then Howard said "little kids probably don't know who the Who is either".

Then Gary mentioned "Green Day may be a little more relevant to kids" and Howard joked "that'd be cool. yeah they could perform their broadway show there".

They also mentioned how "kids probably don't know who the Who is, nor what a pinball machine is (pinball wizard)" haha.

And Robin went on to say anything beats those awful years of popstars (Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, etc) Also, they mentioned how awful those "popstar meets rockstar" half time shows were.

I think something like that... I listened at 7 AM on the way to work so I may be getting it wrong. It's clear the stern staff are all big Pearl Jam and Who fans.

Although Howard gave mixed reviews on the Who performance... really hating on the editors of the show, panning back too much, not showing the Who enough. I agree with Howard on that.

Howard mentions all the time he loves Pearl Jam.

Howard brought up Pearl Jam first. I'm paraphrasing. But he said you know who will be a good halftime performer. Pearl Jam. But I don't know if they'll do that. Because they were like the Who were years ago. When the Who said they'll punch your face in. If you told them they'll be playing the SuperBowl. Then Gary came in and said Pearl Jam would be great. But do you think kids would know who they are.
    I miss igotid88
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The rants about American idol were hilarious today. As well as the phone calls to Gayle kings and porscha derossi
  • I can't get enough of the swap shop calls.

I didn't listen too much yesterday, but did I hear Eric the Midget say he is bringing back his Idol show?

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

Last week Howard yelling at Benjy about the constitution was great. I can't get enough of Fred's Benjy impression. Benjy threw out Dred Scott and Plessy v. Ferguson. Then everyone started to make fun of him saying, "Colts v. Saints", "Rocky v. Apollo", etc. God, I had tears in my eyes.

Yesterday was good too when Howard was doing a call to Gail King and he imitated Gary delivering pizza. I can listen to Gary get goofed on all day.
    rrivers wrote:
    Last week Howard yelling at Benjy about the constitution was great. I can't get enough of Fred's Benjy impression. Benjy threw out Dred Scott and Plessy v. Ferguson. Then everyone started to make fun of him saying, "Colts v. Saints", "Rocky v. Apollo", etc. God, I had tears in my eyes.

Yesterday was good too when Howard was doing a call to Gail King and he imitated Gary delivering pizza. I can listen to Gary get goofed on all day.

Gary getting abused is in my top 3 favorite things about the show :lol:
  • I used to listen to Howard but then came along O&A... I just dont see how anyone listens to Howard these days...