Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Isnt it fucked up that such a wealthy powerful man has Ronni the limo guy as his limo driver? Scoresman..ha ha ha!

Fuck, Stern could fly to the show in a helicopter if he wanted and he keeps this stupid wanna be mobster around.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    rrivers wrote:
    Even the schedule is not that bad when you really break it down. I think they said that they have 10 weeks of vacation a year, but Howard doesn't take all of it. So it probably evens out to about a week off every month and a half or so. The rest of the time you only work four days a week. Sure you have to get up about 4:30 or 5 am but then at noon you are off. Plus the job you are going to is fun.

I think Howard said that he's up at 4 AM. Sure, they'll end the show when they do, but do they go home after that? We don't know. They could be in meetings for a few hours. And that's after they've talked from 6 AM to whenever they signed off. PLUS, whatever they say off the air, during breaks, and before they go live. Sure, it's probably a fun job, but it can't all be glitz and glamor.

Of course, this means that they're in bed by 9 PM or so. How many times have we heard them talking about waking up during the night and flipping on their Tivo?

No nightlife for them. Going out to dinner on a weeknight? Probably not going to happen, unless it's early and quick.

IMO, an afternoon radio gig would be the best. You can sleep in AND party at night. It's sunny and light outside when you go to work and, during the summer, not too bad when you leave for the day, and you have no rush hour to deal with.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Does Howard Stern still have a tv show?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I think Howard said that he's up at 4 AM. Sure, they'll end the show when they do, but do they go home after that? We don't know. They could be in meetings for a few hours. And that's after they've talked from 6 AM to whenever they signed off. PLUS, whatever they say off the air, during breaks, and before they go live. Sure, it's probably a fun job, but it can't all be glitz and glamor.

Of course, this means that they're in bed by 9 PM or so. How many times have we heard them talking about waking up during the night and flipping on their Tivo?

No nightlife for them. Going out to dinner on a weeknight? Probably not going to happen, unless it's early and quick.

IMO, an afternoon radio gig would be the best. You can sleep in AND party at night. It's sunny and light outside when you go to work and, during the summer, not too bad when you leave for the day, and you have no rush hour to deal with.

I think they only have a meeting on Thursdays. The other guys (Gary, Will, etc.) have to stick around, but for a guy like Artie he can leave right after the show is over.

I'm not saying it's all glitz and glamour, just that it is not as bad as Artie makes it out to be. In fact, it could be a pretty good gig, if you look at it in a positive way ie work four days a week for 5 hours a day.

I agree with your statement about an afternoon radio gig. Of course, then Artie would complain that his whole day is ruined because he has to do the show in the middle of the day.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Does Howard Stern still have a tv show?

It's a pay service on demand now.
  • Options
    I am really sick of the Robin new diet thing. I was excited when they came back from vacation to hear them talk about Artie leaving and so much of the show was about Robin.

Yesterday I wanted to hear them talk about the Sopranos and the first hour was all about Robin's diet.

Artie was mental when he was talking about Carlo. I agree with him but he went crazy!

It was funny later in the show when they were talking about where dr. Roni was when Robin was watching the Sopranos and Artie did an impression of Dr. Roni saying, "It's good for Robin to watch the Sopranos. There are a lot of anti-oxidants."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i have never met or known of anybody more obsessed with taking a shit than howard.....it was dumb and boring a year ago....let it go howie.....so robin's diet is not helping the situation.......i missed the sopranos talk yesterday....:(
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    The Chris Cornell interview today was great. Spoke of being best friends with Eddie, a bit on Matt, and played some Black Hole Sun acoustical. A really free flowing great interview by Howard. Never did I think Chris would be in the studio. Learned a alot about him that I would have never known otherwise. My kudos to Howard and company for a stellar hour on Sirius today.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    The Chris Cornell interview today was great. Spoke of being best friends with Eddie, a bit on Matt, and played some Black Hole Sun acoustical. A really free flowing great interview by Howard. Never did I think Chris would be in the studio. Learned a alot about him that I would have never known otherwise. My kudos to Howard and company for a stellar hour on Sirius today.

What did he say about Matt?
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    mca47 wrote:
    What did he say about Matt?

Howard asked if he still stays in contact with the former members of Soundgarden and he went on to say that he talks to each of them every now and then and how Matt has been the drummer for Pearl Jam for almost 6 years now. Nothing really too deep, just glazed on it.
  • Options

Yeah it was a great interview. I loved hearing how he wrote songs.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I missed the Cornell interview but caught a performance acoustically of Black Hole Sun I assume from yesterdays show. Hell, Cornell still has an amazing voice.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    NickyNooch wrote:
    I missed the Cornell interview but caught a performance acoustically of Black Hole Sun I assume from yesterdays show. Hell, Cornell still has an amazing voice.
    Yeah it was great. It would be awesome if Ed went in there and played Black.
  • Options
    BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    rrivers wrote:
    Yeah it was great. It would be awesome if Ed went in there and played Black.

howard would probably ask him to play Glorified G...
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • Options
    Anyone listen today? The whole Zepplin thing? Man, sure sounds like that entire 1st album is a rip off. I was kinda bummed. Its riff for riff and melody for melody on some of them.
  • Options
    Anyone listen today? The whole Zepplin thing? Man, sure sounds like that entire 1st album is a rip off. I was kinda bummed. Its riff for riff and melody for melody on some of them.

They are still talking about this?

The first album is mostly reworkings of old blues tracks, and I think, they are credited as such on the liner notes. Doesn't change that Zep took the songs and really made them kick ass.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    They are still talking about this?

The first album is mostly reworkings of old blues tracks, and I think, they are credited as such on the liner notes. Doesn't change that Zep took the songs and really made them kick ass.
    They had some dude come in today who is trying to put together a show about this. Not just with Zep.

They did NOT credit these other artists on the liner notes. Thats what sucks.

It would be like me recording Alive and taking credit for it.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Dude did anyone record the Zeppelin thing or know where to hear it? I want to hear this so bad.
  • Options
    Dude did anyone record the Zeppelin thing or know where to hear it? I want to hear this so bad.

I wanna hear it again. If anyone has a link let us know! Definate proof of Zeppelins first album being all ripped off of other artists.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    They had some dude come in today who is trying to put together a show about this. Not just with Zep.

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" is credited as "traditional arr. by Jimmy Page"
    "You Shook Me" and "I Can't Quit You Baby" credited "by Willie Dixon"

They might have taken some of the other songs from people and not credited them. I agree that it is not cool.
    There is also the fact to consider that no where near the number of people who know these songs would know them if Zep hadn't re-worked them.
  • Options

They might have taken some of the other songs from people and not credited them. I agree that it is not cool.
    There is also the fact to consider that no where near the number of people who know these songs would know them if Zep hadn't re-worked them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-ZEPPELIN-1-SAME-KR-LP-PICTURE-W-INSERT_W0QQitemZ190125145303QQihZ009QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    rrivers wrote:

doesn't matter how many people would or wouldn't have known the songs. the fact of the matter is zep took them and didn't give credit where it was due. maybe not on all songs, but even if it's just one song, it's still wrong.

if someone beats a dog to a bloody pulp but nobody sees the act done, does that make it alright? i know it's an extreme comparison, but we're talking hypothetical here.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    from what I have heard, and I did research, it sounds like they gave credit after they were caught. original print had no credit in liner notes.
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    doesn't matter how many people would or wouldn't have known the songs. the fact of the matter is zep took them and didn't give credit where it was due. maybe not on all songs, but even if it's just one song, it's still wrong.

if someone beats a dog to a bloody pulp but nobody sees the act done, does that make it alright? i know it's an extreme comparison, but we're talking hypothetical here.

I said I agreed that they should have given credit. I just made the totally separate point that Zep made the songs kick ass. I still think they should have credited the original songwriters.

Your comparison to beating a dog is the worst analogy I have ever heard. Seriously, I am embarrassed for you.
  • Options
    from what I have heard, and I did research, it sounds like they gave credit after they were caught. original print had no credit in liner notes.

Like I said, they should have given credit.

I guess my main point is that it does not stop me from wanting to listen to the music. Listening to them on Stern talk about it so holier-than-thou is really annoying.

Also why is this just coming out now?
  • Options
    ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    moeaholic wrote:

I will never be able to listen and enjoy a Zep song again..

It was a great segment on Howard, but I think it was cut a bit short, I could have listened to more of it.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • Options
    Chrissyb wrote:
    I will never be able to listen and enjoy a Zep song again..

Are you serious?
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    What a week!Artie going off on High pitch Mike,Darth Ninlus,and off course to top it off The Iron Shek......coming to the show in August Da kid luves it.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    What a week!Artie going off on High pitch Mike,Darth Ninlus,and off course to top it off The Iron Shek......coming to the show in August Da kid luves it.

I didn't care for the Artie laughing at High Pitch Mike that much when I heard it on the radio, but the other night I watched it on Howard TV and I was laughing as much, if not more, than Artie. I seriously thought I was going to pass out.

I thought the Joey Buttafucco interview was good too. Howard was running circles around those 2 dumbasses.

I heard that cabbie was on Opie and Anthony. Did anyone hear what he said? I assume he was dissing Howard.
  • Options
    I gotta say I finally just got HowardTV and it is amazing. I think we are having Stern parties at my house soon haha. The Stuttering John vs. Tom Chiasano golf episode on there was hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I know it's old, but now I'm getting caught up on Howard TV. Funny stuff.