Howard Stern

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    I think he is annoying too, but I can see Howard's point. He does make things interesting.

He was way wrong about Heather. I thought she looked hot in the dress with the sneakers.

which is the point......annoying as he is, a good dose of ralph is good radio.....i caught some of that fight and frankly bubba is an ass....."you can't talk about my wife like that"....fuck off you hick....:)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I didn't listen to Howard for a good month because my radio was dead...but I just started listening to him again 2 weeks ago, and man have they been hilarious 2 weeks!!!

That Babaoey phone call where they use clips of him fighting with people is great. I crack up every time when he says, "Are we gonna sing karaoke?" and then he sings, "Blackbird singing in the dead of night."

Great!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    cutback wrote:
    which is the point......annoying as he is, a good dose of ralph is good radio.....i caught some of that fight and frankly bubba is an ass....."you can't talk about my wife like that"....fuck off you hick....:)

I have to respectfully disagree. I think Bubba was right.

I have grown to like Bubba more and more the more I have heard of him. He is similiar to Artie in that they are both fat, but Bubba seems to have his shit together a lot better than Artie.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    I have to respectfully disagree. I think Bubba was right.

I have grown to like Bubba more and more the more I have heard of him. He is similiar to Artie in that they are both fat, but Bubba seems to have his shit together a lot better than Artie.

if he had said it off the air, sure....but this is on the show and ralph knows what he's doing....:).....i just don't get bubba.....not entertaining for me...:)
    cutback wrote:
    if he had said it off the air, sure....but this is on the show and ralph knows what he's doing....:).....i just don't get bubba.....not entertaining for me...:)

His show has grown on me a little, but I still only listen to it if I have already heard Stern's show. I like Bubba the guy though.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    This is random, but here is the best ever Artie quote:

(Robin is doing the news about a Tiger loose in Harlem)

Robin: A white bengal tiger was roaming the streets of Harlem this weekend. Apparently he escaped from his owner, who illegally held the tiger.

Artie: man, thats a rough area for a white tiger to be walking around in
    thunderDAN wrote:
    This is random, but here is the best ever Artie quote:

(Robin is doing the news about a Tiger loose in Harlem)

Robin: A white bengal tiger was roaming the streets of Harlem this weekend. Apparently he escaped from his owner, who illegally held the tiger.

Artie: man, thats a rough area for a white tiger to be walking around in

That is funny. Is that from today's show?
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    rrivers wrote:
    That is funny. Is that from today's show?

No, actually it was from a show in 2003. I was just randomly thinking about how funny a comment it was
  • toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    tomorrow's show (8.2) might be one of the funniest shows yet on sirius. the iron shiek stuff is going to kill.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    toronado10 wrote:
    tomorrow's show (8.2) might be one of the funniest shows yet on sirius. the iron shiek stuff is going to kill.

I will be listening all day. A stellar line up tomorrow!
    Holy Tracy Morgan interview. The dude is insane!
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Holy Tracy Morgan interview. The dude is insane!
    Shtick. Especially at first. he wound down after a bit....kinda...lol.

Missed the Iron Sheik because of a fucking meeting.....got to listen to replay now...
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    Shtick. Especially at first. he wound down after a bit....kinda...lol.

Missed the Iron Sheik because of a fucking meeting.....got to listen to replay now...

It was some pretty crazy shtick. I did see how he calmed down, but he appeared to be on something man. And the ketchup on the hot dog part, I wanted to vomit!
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    It was some pretty crazy shtick. I did see how he calmed down, but he appeared to be on something man. And the ketchup on the hot dog part, I wanted to vomit!

i got bored quick with the tracy morgan interview. but that iron shiek....holy shit, that was funny. i'm going to my friends when that goes on howardtv. sadly, i don't have time warner:(
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    It's all about Artie Lange baby(It's the whiskey)
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    just watched the iron shiek on howard on demand

so fucking funny wow laughing my ass off

and scott baio !!! wow hes the man lol
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    macho man,, u take my coke ,,my marijuana
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just watched the iron shiek on howard on demand

so fucking funny wow laughing my ass off

and scott baio !!! wow hes the man lol

Yeah it was great when Artie had to keep pushing his beard up as Iron Sheik Jr.
    Another week off!! WTF. It is good hearing Bob Levy's stories today though!
    Another week off!! WTF. It is good hearing Bob Levy's stories today though!

Yeah I heard on Bubba's show on Friday that Stern was taking the week off. It doesn't piss me off like other people though. I just listen to music.

The thing that is annoying is hearing Artie bitch about his schedule when they get a random week off in August!
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    rrivers wrote:
    Yeah it was great when Artie had to keep pushing his beard up as Iron Sheik Jr.

I was dying during that. What brought the Iron Sheik back to the public eye? It seems like he disappeared for 20 years, but makes for AMAZING radio!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    I was dying during that. What brought the Iron Sheik back to the public eye? It seems like he disappeared for 20 years, but makes for AMAZING radio!

I don't know what brought him back. I think what put him on Howard's radar was that he was on Ferral and Howard loved it.
    Freaking vacation again?
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    rrivers wrote:
    Freaking vacation again?

Howard has the most vacation out of any job on the planet.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    Howard has the most vacation out of any job on the planet.

I hear you there sonny. I love Howard, I love Sirius, and I don't mind paying each month for all the joys of it, but I think I've heard more of Howard's old shows than I have new ones in the past year. I need his schedule. Maybe I'd get more done in my personal life.
    I hear you there sonny. I love Howard, I love Sirius, and I don't mind paying each month for all the joys of it, but I think I've heard more of Howard's old shows than I have new ones in the past year. I need his schedule. Maybe I'd get more done in my personal life.

It usually doesn't bother me a) because I can listen to other music on Sirius or cds and b) he is in a position in his career to be able to do it and I would do the same thing!

Today I turned it on this afternoon (I don't listen to the show until the afternoon reply) and was bummed to see Mamary Lane. The above being said, it is kind of ballsy to cut the show to 4 days and take all this vacation when you are now charging people to listen to the show.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    macho man,, u take my coke ,,my marijuana

that jabroni

lol

u thought it was hysterical when they were trying to convince richard that hes gay
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    I had never heard the interview with Micky Mantle before. It was pretty good, as was Baba Booey talking ebonics to DL Hughley (sp?). I heard that before, but laughed at it today.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Why dont they ever announce they are going on vacation the Thursday before they go off? Its like they are trying to be sneaky about it. A simple "we will be off next week but we will see you the week after" is all it takes.
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
    robis726 wrote:
    Why dont they ever announce they are going on vacation the Thursday before they go off? Its like they are trying to be sneaky about it. A simple "we will be off next week but we will see you the week after" is all it takes.

I agree. For a show that is supposed to be all about honesty, that is a pretty underhanded move. If another show Howard watched/listened to did that, he would rail against them.

I remember hearing that Tom wouldn't want them to announce they were on vacation when they were on KROCK so people would still tune in on Monday.