Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    cutback wrote:
    i swear i love the continuing arguments about gary's party.........this is the show at ti's finest......:)

Exactly. My favorite thing about the show is any kind of fight.

Howard is such a douche to leave the party early and then have the balls this morning to ask who sent Gary thank you notes!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    cutback wrote:
    i swear i love the continuing arguments about gary's party.........this is the show at ti's finest......:)

It's so funny how Howard blames everyone but himself. Artie gets all the blame. Speaking of Artie, he clearly admittied he's still on heroin yesterday by not getting on that shocker chair thing Sal was on.
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    "FUCK ME IN MY SHIT LOCKER"Classic,or Dropping Loads
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    How does everyone listen to Stern ie do you listen live or to the replays?

I live on the West Coast and usually listen to the live show when I get in my car and they are on the news. Then I will listen to some of the Wrap Up show. I really like to listen on the ride home, so I don't listen at my desk until about 1-2 hours before I leave.

What do you do?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    How does everyone listen to Stern ie do you listen live or to the replays?

I live on the West Coast and usually listen to the live show when I get in my car and they are on the news. Then I will listen to some of the Wrap Up show. I really like to listen on the ride home, so I don't listen at my desk until about 1-2 hours before I leave.

What do you do?

i'm on the west coast too.....i have a radio at work and leave it on all the time so when i get in between 9-9:30 i listen to the first replay....it's perfect.....:)......and with the pause feature i miss very little.....:)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I'm in Ohio. Here's what I do if I don't have to work, or work late.

Wake up whenever (usually before 7), turn on 100 from whatever i'm listening to overnight (usually Spa 73) and go back to sleep.

When I really wake up for the day, I listen to the show. During the Wrap-Up Show, I may listen to that, the replay, or music.

At noon (9 AM ET), i'll check out the replay on 100.

3 PM is all about Bubba. In regards to the earlier comment, it seems like when he's not interviewing someone, or in a true "segment", he's messing with whoever wants to be messed with. Spice, 25 C, Jughead, etc. Word on the street is that some of the corporate suit-types may have put the kibitz on some of his more-extreme bits.

After that, I'll listen to Jackie's Joke Hunt on Tuesdays. That's really about the only "special show" i'll listen to.

If I work late, i'll try and catch the beginning of Bubba's show overnight since I can't listen to any radio at my job.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    What the fuck with him? I love this guy on the show. I could not stand Jackie being on the show back in the day. Artie gets on and the show gets 100 times better. Now he tells Howard on air that he's planning on leaving in January. Sure we saw this coming, but what the shit. He's got the best thing in the world, a gig we'd all give our left foot for, but weeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, he needs a 6 month break and needs to leave the show. Fuck him anymore and his shit. Go do some shit sitcom no one watches and be like Jackie, a no one!
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Artie is fucked up. Not sure he will be around too much longer. He is blowing this gig. You dont fucking call in sick to you job when you job is the Howard Stern show more than one time in a couple months.

Howard is the man. When Artie dies or stops showing up or gets fired or whatever, Howard should replace him with Greg Fitzsimmons. That dude would be perfect. He always kills on the show.

Wow! Howard mentioned this very thing today when Artie dropped the leaving the show bomb.

The show would be great with Fitzsimmons on it. Arite is still the man, but this is his definate replacement.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Wow! Howard mentioned this very thing today when Artie dropped the leaving the show bomb.

The show would be great with Fitzsimmons on it. Arite is still the man, but this is his definate replacement.

You are the next great psychic!!

I think Dave Attell would be better though.
  • Options
    You are the next great psychic!!

I think Dave Attell would be better though.
    Awesome choice. Either would be great. Good call. I think he would run into the same problem with Attell....he stays up late..ha ha.
    Is that show still on comedy central (insomniac)? It was a good show.
  • Options
    Awesome choice. Either would be great. Good call. I think he would run into the same problem with Attell....he stays up late..ha ha.
    Is that show still on comedy central (insomniac)? It was a good show.

I loved Insomniac. Whoever takes Artie's spot is doomed. Seems to be the spot on the show with no loyalty. This ordeal with Artie today has hit a chord in me. I think the H (and I don't mean Howard) is getting to him.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    What the fuck with him? I love this guy on the show. I could not stand Jackie being on the show back in the day. Artie gets on and the show gets 100 times better. Now he tells Howard on air that he's planning on leaving in January. Sure we saw this coming, but what the shit. He's got the best thing in the world, a gig we'd all give our left foot for, but weeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, he needs a 6 month break and needs to leave the show. Fuck him anymore and his shit. Go do some shit sitcom no one watches and be like Jackie, a no one!

Wow I missed this announcement today. That sucks! Artie is such a huge part of the show. (excuse the pun)

I'd say Fitzsimmons has to be the forunner for the job. His show was great!

Dave Attell seemed to have great chemistry with howard too, either would be outstanding additions to the show.

Or hell... just bring Jackie back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    I lost a lot of respect for Howard today. Instead of realizing that he hurt Artie, he made it about himself. That's bullshit. Artie has been a good sport with all the fat and drug addict jokes and he knows it's part of the show. But yesterday I think Artie had it. I don't give a shit if Howard was trying to help out his "bro" Artie clearly wasn't in to it and yet Howard continued to press the issue not realizing that Artie was embarrassed. And then this morning, Howard was transferring his self esteem issues onto Artie and was pissed at Artie for being pissed. Artie has a lot of problems but after all these years of therapy Howard still needs more of it.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    I lost a lot of respect for Howard today. Instead of realizing that he hurt Artie, he made it about himself. That's bullshit. Artie has been a good sport with all the fat and drug addict jokes and he knows it's part of the show. But yesterday I think Artie had it. I don't give a shit if Howard was trying to help out his "bro" Artie clearly wasn't in to it and yet Howard continued to press the issue not realizing that Artie was embarrassed. And then this morning, Howard was transferring his self esteem issues onto Artie and was pissed at Artie for being pissed. Artie has a lot of problems but after all these years of therapy Howard still needs more of it.

I haven't heard the big fight yet. I came in right before the news so I can't comment on that.

But I noticed this week Howard has really been cutting Artie off. I'm not saying this has anything to do with the fight or Artie leaving. The day when Howard was talking about how bad he is at talking in front of people and how he would hate to talk at a funeral, Artie tried to chime in a couple of times about how it was for him to give the eulogy at his father's funeral and Howard cut him off everytime. I think a lot of times Howard is so worried about the show getting boring that he moves things along too fast, at least for my taste. The other side of the coin is the Wrap Up show where they will disect everything until you want to put your fist through the radio. There needs to be a medium between Howard and what is done on the Wrap Up Show. Sorry for the longness, but what cutback said made me think of this.

Baba-booey is great on the Stern show but is so annoying on the wrap up show. He really has too big of a head there.
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Wow I missed this announcement today. That sucks! Artie is such a huge part of the show. (excuse the pun)

I'd say Fitzsimmons has to be the forunner for the job. His show was great!

Dave Attell seemed to have great chemistry with howard too, either would be outstanding additions to the show.

Or hell... just bring Jackie back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attel is extremely funny, but losing Artie blows.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    rrivers wrote:

But I noticed this week Howard has really been cutting Artie off. I'm not saying this has anything to do with the fight or Artie leaving. The day when Howard was talking about how bad he is at talking in front of people and how he would hate to talk at a funeral, Artie tried to chime in a couple of times about how it was for him to give the eulogy at his father's funeral and Howard cut him off everytime. I think a lot of times Howard is so worried about the show getting boring that he moves things along too fast, at least for my taste. The other side of the coin is the Wrap Up show where they will disect everything until you want to put your fist through the radio. There needs to be a medium between Howard and what is done on the Wrap Up Show. Sorry for the longness, but what cutback said made me think of this.

I honestly don't blame Howard for riding Artie a bit. Look at what Howard has done for Artie's career. Howard constantly praises him and you can tell he loves having him on the show. Now for the past year Artie has constantly voiced how he hates the schedule, hates the criticism, wants to find an easy gig with some network series. Clearly Artie wants off the show, and has for a while. But how would you feel if you were the boss and had a guy you really liked, gave him a great job with great pay and perks, and he constantly tells you he wants out and needs a break. Howard should just push Artie out now and that is exactly what may be happening. I will miss Artie dearly, but he's dug his own grave.
  • Options
    I honestly don't blame Howard for riding Artie a bit. Look at what Howard has done for Artie's career. Howard constantly praises him and you can tell he loves having him on the show. Now for the past year Artie has constantly voiced how he hates the schedule, hates the criticism, wants to find an easy gig with some network series. Clearly Artie wants off the show, and has for a while. But how would you feel if you were the boss and had a guy you really liked, gave him a great job with great pay and perks, and he constantly tells you he wants out and needs a break. Howard should just push Artie out now and that is exactly what may be happening. I will miss Artie dearly, but he's dug his own grave.

I totally agree with you. My point was something entirely different, just about how Howard didn't let Artie tell what sounded to me like it would be an interesting story. He has done that a few times, when someone seemed like they were about to say something interesting and Howard moved on.

Now on to your point: you are 10000% right! When Artie was filming "Rescue Me" last week, Howard said that Artie should have made Rescue Me work around his schedule I agreed with him totally. This is Artie's main job. The reason he has the Rescue Me gig was because of him being on Howard. No doubt one of the reasons that Rescue Me had Artie on was because of the plugs it will get when his episode airs and fans of Howard will watch the show just to see Artie. They could have worked around Artie's schedule.

Artie is a child. I love him on the show, and I hope he doesn't leave but he is a baby. Stern's show is the best place on earth for a comedian. He complains about all the stand up that he has to do with the gigs he has but on the wrap up show he says that he has enough money to live comfortably for a decade without working at all. So don't do all the standup and the schedule will be easier! Be a man, go to therapy, and stop whining about waking up early!
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    I have Artie in my dead pool so this is good news. 6 months after he leaves the show and his career is in the toilet he'll check out.
  • Options
    Artie has become what he is now because of the Howard Stern show. Mad TV sucked. Norm sucked. This entertainment medium is perfect for him.

The show found its "missing piece" if you will with Artie. It was great the last five years. It will not be the same without this guy.

And Jackie sucks and is about as funny as cancer. Artie is a million times more entertaining and interresting. If Jackie comes back, hello channels 20-29 on a consistant basis.

The guy is obviously very fucked up in the head. He has his dream job, tons of cash, getting gigs all over the place, TV shows, etc, and he is depressed. Dude probably needs medicine, but the blue collar long shoreman attitude prevents him from doing anything about it.

Really a bummer.
  • Options
    what sucks is they're on vacation next week so we'll have to wait a while to see what happens next......i just hope artie doesn't pull a farely over the break

for those that didn't hear the fight, here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFACS2Z2

:)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i was surprised stern said he had a gun in his own mouth on 2 different occasions
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i was surprised stern said he had a gun in his own mouth on 2 different occasions

i couldn't tell of he was serious or not....robin called him on it and he seemed to backtrack....i think he meant he had thought about suicide before....but even that was quite the revelation....
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    cutback wrote:
    i couldn't tell of he was serious or not....robin called him on it and he seemed to backtrack....i think he meant he had thought about suicide before....but even that was quite the revelation....

i thought the same ,, but he sounded serious
    i didnt hear her call him out on it

regardless

they complain about their sched?? 4 days a week for 6-7 hours or whatever a day

LOL THATS A GOOF
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    cutback wrote:
    what sucks is they're on vacation next week so we'll have to wait a while to see what happens next......i just hope artie doesn't pull a farely over the break

for those that didn't hear the fight, here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFACS2Z2

:)

I can't listen at work....and I haven't listened to the show for a while. So it seems like HoJo and Artie...got into quite the fight huh? and Now Artie is talking about quitting? Is Artie saying he is suicidal and stuff? (sorry for being behind...but if someone could just fill me in on the drama real quick i'd appreciate it.)
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    THC wrote:
    I can't listen at work....and I haven't listened to the show for a while. So it seems like HoJo and Artie...got into quite the fight huh? and Now Artie is talking about quitting? Is Artie saying he is suicidal and stuff? (sorry for being behind...but if someone could just fill me in on the drama real quick i'd appreciate it.)

-- Thursday, May 24, 2007 --
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

That was huge!!! I really wanted someone to call him on that. It was a revelation as big as Artie saying he had the Subutex (sp?).

The show was really good yesterday. For all those people who think the show is just hookers taking off their shirts, they should have listened to the real drama play out yesterday.
  • Options
    Artie has become what he is now because of the Howard Stern show. Mad TV sucked. Norm sucked. This entertainment medium is perfect for him.

The show found its "missing piece" if you will with Artie. It was great the last five years. It will not be the same without this guy.

And Jackie sucks and is about as funny as cancer. Artie is a million times more entertaining and interresting. If Jackie comes back, hello channels 20-29 on a consistant basis.

The guy is obviously very fucked up in the head. He has his dream job, tons of cash, getting gigs all over the place, TV shows, etc, and he is depressed. Dude probably needs medicine, but the blue collar long shoreman attitude prevents him from doing anything about it.

Really a bummer.

Perfectly said!
  • Options
    Perfectly said!

Even the schedule is not that bad when you really break it down. I think they said that they have 10 weeks of vacation a year, but Howard doesn't take all of it. So it probably evens out to about a week off every month and a half or so. The rest of the time you only work four days a week. Sure you have to get up about 4:30 or 5 am but then at noon you are off. Plus the job you are going to is fun.
  • Options
    between robin's new diet and the ever continuing saga of howie's limo these have been 2 funny shows....too bad they have to go on vacation to be entertaining....;):D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    between robin's new diet and the ever continuing saga of howie's limo these have been 2 funny shows....too bad they have to go on vacation to be entertaining....;):D

I am not a fan of the Robin's diet crap. I was really looking forward to them returning and it being all about Artie's leaving, and Robin has this bullshit going on.