Official 2007 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    the one on newman in the endzone............completely should have been a no call. It basically handed the pats a td, and killed all momentum for the cowboys.

The secondary is terrible..........you cant play zone D against the patriots when they are throwing every down. you just wont hold them.

And yes, the call by wade was clearly not the best choice.
    ok yes i agree with u.excatly u cant do that, at least blitz some more, they didnt use williams at all for blitzing.yeah i was pissed bout that big time.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    metsfan wrote:
    yeah and gammons sucks boston dick alot as does king. he was very good with spygate but not here.he picked the perfect time to show the world what wade said, he could of printed this back in week 3 like any other writer would of done, but he went the hype route instead. and dont ever compare any of the 2 boston cocksuckers to dick shaap, shaap is a fucking legend in the biz.i have great respect for gammons but am turned off by his love for the sox.like flagg said its over and done with, now onto next week

*sigh*

i guess the "closed" on your mind cant flip over to "open"

you're still young, its cool
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    refs gave the patriots a touchdown with the pass interference call........

also gave them the momentum of the game.

thanks. cowboys 27, pats 23, refs 7.
    momentum??!!!!!!!!!!

the highlight of your d was stopping the pats when they had it on your side of the 50 in the first 1/2. (and the tb strip)

the only reason you scored 2 unanswered is because of half time! because of the structure of football. lets get real here! you had the ball before the 1/2, the pats realizing they could score at will kneeled down with 30+ seconds left before the 1/2. the cowboys get the ball 1st. they score, and that was pretty much then end of the cowboys day.

BUT SURE it was the refs that somehow gave the pats momentum they apparently lacked

please come back with logical reasons, like the fg instead of going for it, like the cowboys learning discipline and not false starting on 4th and 1 in their own fucking building.(thats what tony romo said lost the game) me? it was not playing d all day

i guess that defensive rating was a farce. yea a team scored more than 17 on the pats thanks to brady getting housed in the backfield. but the pats also scored 14 more than they usually do to make up for it.

TO after the game saying its not about me and moss? then you probably shouldnt put notes up.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I hate Dallas and they got their butts kicked. However, they are still probably the best team in the NFC. No one will be able to beat New England or Indy down the stretch. This New England team just may be the best ever. Time will tell.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • they are still probably the best team in the NFC.
    go ahead and laugh, and make fun of me, but after the giants win tonight, they will be 4-2. after they beat dallas in 3 weeks, they both have two losses. after they beat the patriots week 17, they win the division. :)

seriously, the giants are easily on their level. their d came around. they had the cowboys week one but were learning a new defense and couldnt stop the pass. Dallas D is pretty lame. they cannot stop anyone on 3rd down.

Owens will explode soon and ruin the season. Romo is not that good.

Did anyone really think the cowboys had a shot yesterday? seriously? anyone who follows the NFL? if you did, you are retarded. the pats are light years better and I am suprised the game was as close as it was.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Pats are being hyped like the......................2001-2002 Rams, and we all know what happened to them. ;)

The Pats were the better team yesterday....I'm not sad or disappointed or angry that the 'Boys lost to a superior team. I don't hate the Pats.....the only team in that wretched region of the country that I ever, ever pull for....

Metsfan is right.......Gammons is great until he starts slurping on the Sox..and I love reading Peter King's stuff......until he starts slurping on the Sox....and the Redskins....and the Steelers....and the Niners.

The Pats are being hyped like the..............2005-2006 Colts, and we all know what happened to them. ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Yeah, NE has really inserted themselves into the best ever conversation. We'll probably know after Week 8. I agree that Dallas gets a second shot in the Superbowl.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Yeah, NE has really inserted themselves into the best ever conversation. We'll probably know after Week 8. I agree that Dallas gets a second shot in the Superbowl.

i would love to see dallas against the pats again
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • This NFL season sucks. NE is going to run the table and win it all. Fucking Pats.
  • Did anyone really think the cowboys had a shot yesterday? seriously? anyone who follows the NFL? if you did, you are retarded. the pats are light years better and I am suprised the game was as close as it was.
    this last paragraph makes you sound retarded
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • I hope they play each other in the SB. My boss (pats fan) said he would take me (dallas fan) if they played each other.

Yesterday was humbling as a Dallas fan, but I am glad their first loss was against the Pats and not the Bills heh. Brady probably could have thrown the ball blind folded and had either Welker, Faulk, Moss...etc come down with it.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    *sigh*

i guess the "closed" on your mind cant flip over to "open"

you're still young, its cool
    wtf dude, i said i have great respect for gammons and king but dont really like them cause they suck boston ass alot.maybe you should learn how to read before making lame ass comebacks

metsfan wrote:
    wtf dude, i said i have great respect for gammons and king but dont really like them cause they suck boston ass alot.maybe you should learn how to read before making lame ass comebacks
    ....and King sucks up to NBC too much.....come on, they didn't invent Sunday Night Football or even make its presentation any better (Pink and Faith Hill singing the theme song, please). ESPN spent years building up the product, and NBC swoops in with a bunch of $$$ to get better match-ups, then markets it like they are saving or re-creating the league.....please.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    go ahead and laugh, and make fun of me, but after the giants win tonight, they will be 4-2. after they beat dallas in 3 weeks, they both have two losses. after they beat the patriots week 17, they win the division. :)

seriously, the giants are easily on their level. their d came around. they had the cowboys week one but were learning a new defense and couldnt stop the pass. Dallas D is pretty lame. they cannot stop anyone on 3rd down.

Owens will explode soon and ruin the season. Romo is not that good.

Did anyone really think the cowboys had a shot yesterday? seriously? anyone who follows the NFL? if you did, you are retarded. the pats are light years better and I am suprised the game was as close as it was.

What are you smoking? It wasn't even close at all. The Cowboys had a good 2-minute drill before the half and a good half of the 3rd quarter.

the rest was all Patriots. the real test is in Indy.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    I hope they play each other in the SB. My boss (pats fan) said he would take me (dallas fan) if they played each other.

Yesterday was humbling as a Dallas fan, but I am glad their first loss was against the Pats and not the Bills heh. Brady probably could have thrown the ball blind folded and had either Welker, Faulk, Moss...etc come down with it.

I would love to see that
    I would make for an interesting game, at least!

The Pats just kill every other team. I love it, but the games get boring
    Yesterday was atleast a good game!

Brady and Moss... (The new 81, LOL ) that combo is just unreal!!!! Six games together and they look like they have been together for 10 years

I loved it even more because I cant stand T.O.
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
    metsfan wrote:

any logical person knows whats kings about

and thats great sports journalism

what does that make you?
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    any logical person knows whats kings about

and thats great sports journalism

what does that make you?
    King comes closer than most to great sports journalism, but sucking up to the Sox is not great anything....that's why Gammons can't get over the hump to greatness.....journalism is supposed to free of bias. :rolleyes: That said....the Sox basically suck, and I hope their charter crashes in the Atlantic killing everyone aboard.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    tybird wrote:
    King comes closer than most to great sports journalism, but sucking up to the Sox is not great anything....that's why Gammons can't get over the hump to greatness.....journalism is supposed to free of bias. :rolleyes: That said....the Sox basically suck, and I hope their charter crashes in the Atlantic killing everyone aboard.

Wow!! :eek:
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The Patriots offense...... wow. Didn't really look like there was much we could have done different. I don't know who can stop them this year. And if Dallas does make it to the superbowl to face them again, Wade Phillips and Co. better come up with something extra special.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    The Patriots offense...... wow. Didn't really look like there was much we could have done different. I don't know who can stop them this year. And if Dallas does make it to the superbowl to face them again, Wade Phillips and Co. better come up with something extra special.
    See my post about the 2001-2002 Rams and 2006-2007 Colts......we all felt that way about those offenses too. Yes, they sounded unstoppable Sunday (and every prior game this season)....but we've seen that before. I don't dislike the Pats in any way....rooted for them in all three of their Super Bowl wins....but NFL fans have stung by the hype pretty hard this past decade.
  • this last paragraph makes you sound retarded
    The Patriots should have won that game by 30. Dallas is not a very good team. Their defense sucks, and when Romo is pressured, he stinks. TO will fuck this up for the Cowboys. Its coming out that he was himself on the sidelines during the Bills game, insulting Romo. The team is trying to keep it under wraps. This relationship will end like TO - Garcia, TO - McNabb, TO - Bledsoe.
    LongRd. wrote:
    What are you smoking? It wasn't even close at all.
    that was my point. it wasnt close at all and the patriots could have beaten them by more.

HERE COME THE G-MEN! 2007 NFC EAST CHAMPIONS, NFC CHAMPIONS, WORLD CHAMPIONS.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,176
    The Patriots should have won that game by 30. Dallas is not a very good team. Their defense sucks, and when Romo is pressured, he stinks. TO will fuck this up for the Cowboys. Its coming out that he was himself on the sidelines during the Bills game, insulting Romo. The team is trying to keep it under wraps. This relationship will end like TO - Garcia, TO - McNabb, TO - Bledsoe.

that was my point. it wasnt close at all and the patriots could have beaten them by more.

It's a long way to go and they still have to play the Patriots.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

2007 NFC East Champs - maybe
    NFC Champions - no chance
    World Champions - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Not with Eli Manning. He looks like he would rather be doing anything else in the world except playing football.

Oh, and the Giants will turn on Tom Coughlin like they do every year. Criticize Wade Phillips and Bill Parcells all you want, but how is that guy still your coach?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    This is just terrible news. In a world where sports stories often revolve around greed, money, drugs, cheating, scandals, etc., these two guys exemplify all that can be right with sports.

Not sure how many of you were aware of this but former Cowboys running back Ron Springs has been battling diabetes for some time. He needed a kidney transplant in order to survive. His best friend and former teammate Everson Walls stepped up to the plate and made a huge sacrifice, offering one of his own kidneys, thereby compromising his own health, so his friend would have a chance.

Well, Springs fell into a coma last week while in the hospital for a routine procedure to remove a cyst from his arm. Sources say he will not recover.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/101807dnsposprings.17d5d351b.html
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    This is just terrible news. In a world where sports stories often revolve around greed, money, drugs, cheating, scandals, etc., these two guys exemplify all that can be right with sports.

Not sure how many of you were aware of this but former Cowboys running back Ron Springs has been battling diabetes for some time. He needed a kidney transplant in order to survive. His best friend and former teammate Everson Walls stepped up to the plate and made a huge sacrifice, offering one of his own kidneys, thereby compromising his own health, so his friend would have a chance.

Well, Springs fell into a coma last week while in the hospital for a routine procedure to remove a cyst from his arm. Sources say he will not recover.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/101807dnsposprings.17d5d351b.html
    thoughts and prayers go out to the springs family. :( :(

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Flagg wrote:
    Waited awhile to start this one cuz I don't give a shit about the pre-season. But I'm sitting here with my chips and salsa, beer in hand and pizza on the way. It all starts tonight. Actually the party started around 3:30 today as Green Bay upset the Eagles. :D:D:D

Dallas has a shot at the NFC East again this year. But the injuries are starting to worry me. I can't remember the last time Dallas started the season with this many injuries. The Cowboys have been really lucky on that front the past several years, but unfortunately have lacked the talent to take advantage of it. We'll see.

It will be nice to see a full season with Romo as the QB. Still not sure what to make of him yet. Not impressed with Wade Phillips but I think he will help the defense, which had major issues with giving up the big play last year. Of course, the Newman injury is going to be a killer if it lingers.

Cowboys/Giants - Coming up!!

so um, how is this the official 2007 cowboys thread?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Flagg wrote:

What a great story........until now. :( We can only hope for the best.
    What a crazy game yesterday. Dominate the stats and still losing 14-7 at one point. Nice rally though and a blocked field goal for a TD. Hasn't happened for the Cowboys since 1983.

That Minnesota QB is terrible. He looked so lost. The Vikings coach cost them that game. It was obvious Dallas could barely contain Adrian Peterson and then Minnesota stopped giving him the ball! Why? If I was the Vikings I would have run Peterson 30 times!

Anyway, nice bounce-back from the Patriot debacle. Entering the bye-week at 6-1 is awesome.

I now think the Cowboys will finish 12-4 with the remaining three loses being:

at New York - the Giants are looking stout and may make me regret my earlier post making fun of Flannel Shirt's statement. :)

at Washington - crazy things happen in this game no matter what the record of either team is

at Detroit - pass happy team beat us last year. May do it again.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    What a crazy game yesterday. Dominate the stats and still losing 14-7 at one point. Nice rally though and a blocked field goal for a TD. Hasn't happened for the Cowboys since 1983.

That Minnesota QB is terrible. He looked so lost. The Vikings coach cost them that game. It was obvious Dallas could barely contain Adrian Peterson and then Minnesota stopped giving him the ball! Why? If I was the Vikings I would have run Peterson 30 times!

Anyway, nice bounce-back from the Patriot debacle. Entering the bye-week at 6-1 is awesome.

I now think the Cowboys will finish 12-4 with the remaining three loses being:

at New York - the Giants are looking stout and may make me regret my earlier post

at Washington - crazy things happen in this game no matter what the record of either team is

at Detroit - pass happy team beat us last year. May do it again.
    I agree, 12-4 sounds about right. and sounds good to me.

a car driving by yesterday saw the flag hanginf out on the porch and yelled "Cowboys Suck!" gotta love being a cb fan in New England..ha
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Go Cowboys!

The only way we win the Superbowl is if the New England Patriots are attacked and killed by a gang of ninjas. Those motherf'ers are playing some ball right now.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?