Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    haha this talk is turning me on !!! wink,, wanna meet at the pork store?? lol

i actually passed that whole neighborhood yesterday on my way to a job interview in newark. next time i'll tell the boys ya said "hi". ;)

"Satriale's has a real address, but it's not a real place. It's the fictional hangout of Tony Soprano and his band of mobsters. Once home to a repair shop and an auto parts store, the low-slung building on Kearny Avenue is now leased by HBO as one of its permanent sets for 'The Sopranos.' Most of the year, Satriale's distinctive signage is kept in storage. But when filming starts in the early days of spring, the word goes out among fans and neighbors --"The pig is up." This refers to the life-sized pig on the roof. In any other context, this item would be a gaudy monstrosity. Atop Satriale's, however, the pig looks almost serene -- especially in contrast to the murderous violence acted out within the store. The cast and crew of the show are used to the scrum of bystanders during filming, and reports indicate it's not that uncommon for patient, respectful onlookers to walk away with photos and even autographs. When the pig is down, the building that houses Satriale's is just another rugged, non-descript derelict, known only by the occasional tour bus discharging another load of 'Sopranos' fanatics for a few quick snaps."
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    "The pig is up." :D i may need to use that as my new sig, or at the very least, a bumper sticker.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    Edie Falco deserves an award, she's an amazing actress. That was quite the episode Sunday night, I just watched it last night (love DVR!). I just want to punch Janis and her crockodile tears!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I hope the guy who hung himself really didn't die.

Um, didn't you see him go limp at the end of his scene? He was also lying in a casket at his funeral service on Sunday night. How could he not have died?
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Edie Falco deserves an award, she's an amazing actress. That was quite the episode Sunday night, I just watched it last night (love DVR!). I just want to punch Janis and her crockodile tears!

When she was done crying over Tony's nearly dead body, I was sitting there with my roommate and friend and said "I'd like to thank the Academy..." Total Emmy entry clip right there. She is damn good.
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Um, didn't you see him go limp at the end of his scene? He was also lying in a casket at his funeral service on Sunday night. How could he not have died?

Oh I thought that was someone else, wasn't that an old man who was an informant in a car w/ an agent?

Hey people go into a coma and come back all the time.
  • Options
    Oh I thought that was someone else, wasn't that an old man who was an informant in a car w/ an agent?

Hey people go into a coma and come back all the time.

no, that was the hanging man. poor slob. the old guy croaked, too, but they didn't show his wake.

i think tony will come out of the coma mid-season, to a world of swirling shit. :p
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Edie Falco deserves an award, she's an amazing actress.

i agree. she was just great in that episode, and in the series as a whole. and no makeup! that took guts. :D
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I have free HBO and Showtime this week. woohoo
    anyway that means I saw my first ever episode of Sopranos, man its really good. But the main guy was shot and the other guy hung himself. Was that the finale or the first episode of the season and when does it normally come on in day/time because I think I might need to get HBO.

Wow you have missed SO MUCH, you should try to rent the DVD's from the prior seasons, there is no way its gonna make any sense to you right now.

And you should definitely get HBO, they have some of the best shows on television. Deadwood is another kickass show, 3rd season starts up in June and Real Time with Bill Maher is another good one, on every Friday nite.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    and the other side of town, with all the fires, is hell :)

this theory seems to make the most sense.

this guy writes a good column, talking about that.

http://www.nj.com/sopranos/ledger/index.ssf?/sopranos/stories/seasonsix_3.html

I sure hope it's Vito that Paulie is shooting at in the previews for next week.

Thanks for the link, great article
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    "he marvin gayed his nephew"
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    My wife both and I agreed as well that Edie Falco deserved an award for her performance in sundays episode. WOW is she a great actress!

Plus, I've always had a thing for her;) hehehehe
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    "he marvin gayed his nephew"

That, combined with Paulie calling AJ "Van Helsing" made for a couple of memorable lines. Nice catch.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,454
    My wife both and I agreed as well that Edie Falco deserved an award for her performance in sundays episode. WOW is she a great actress!

Plus, I've always had a thing for her;) hehehehe
    ---
    yup---chalk up another emmy for her
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Tony Sirico still lives at home with his mother in Bayridge Brooklyn.
    He can be seen locally at many stores, including Pastozas pasta ( ravioloi ) store.Hes a real life criminal- check this out

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/sirico/sirico.html

" You brought the svoiadel "
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    no, that was the hanging man. poor slob. the old guy croaked, too, but they didn't show his wake.

i think tony will come out of the coma mid-season, to a world of swirling shit. :p

Didn't they show him and Chris's sponsor was there?
  • Options

Didn't they show him and Chris's sponsor was there?
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    Tony isn't dreaming. He's in purgatory.

You know how when he's looking out of the hotel window across the city and there is that really bright light....almost like a sun coming up.....well that's heaven.

i think he's somewhat conscious of what's going on around him...i took the light going around to represent the monitors he was on...like the beeping of a heart monitor...but we all have different interpretations...
  • Options
    i don't know about heaven, but it's definitely the light.. as in "come into the light... 'cause you're dead" :eek: notice he keeps seeing it, but hasn't tried walking towards it. also, i think the phone played an interesting role, like it was this connection to his life, even if that life and the voices on the other end are mutated & not quite right. and the way he hesitated about picking it up to make a call, towards the end of the episode.

just a brilliant, outstanding episode. they just keep knocking me out.

i agree, eddie's grrl - brilliant!

the voices on the phone were not the same..and neither was tony's really...he was speaking more like gandolfini normally speaks.

the phone part was great...i just think that they're doing a very good job of showing, potentially, what a coma patient might be going through...having somewhat of a sense of your surroundings, but feeling very lost at the same time. i think picking up the phone and then setting it down was just showing that tony's not quite ready yet to come back, and the light is representative of the monitors that he can hear around him...just opinion and theory...:)
  • Options

edie stole the show in the acting department. you don't believe for one second that she's not carm. one of the best performances i have ever seen on tv, or film!
  • Options
    edie stole the show in the acting department. you don't believe for one second that she's not carm. one of the best performances i have ever seen on tv, or film!

i actually cried when she was talking to him about that year down the shore with artie & his wife, while tom petty was playing on the boombox. it was so personal & so real, it was almost too painful to watch. i felt like a voyeur.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    I hope the guy who hung himself really didn't die.

ummm... did you see him convulsing and then hear his piss hit the floor??

I don't think you can fake pissing yourself

i loved when edie was talking about getting all hot down there... I was hoping Van Helsing would walk in behind her

personally I thought this weeks show sucked... not sure if i'm not artsy enough to "appreciate" it but wtf... get back to the sopranos... not kevin finnerty

Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    joseduca wrote:
    Some random comments:
    1- Did you notice the voices of the AJ and Meadow on the phone were different? Sounded like they were much younger.

Not younger... just middle america... less goomba... Carmelas voice was also different ... none of them were speaking with NJ accents

Obi Once wrote:
    what about Paulie proposing to buy Tony a little stereo and Chris buying it before Paulie.. typical

you think either of them would BUY a radio? you know if "fell off a truck"
  • Options
    the kids were definitely supposed to BE younger, since they were both living at home and meadow said mommy had "put a.j. to bed early". i don't think carm puts a.j. to bed anymore...

i got the impression that he was dreaming of what he thought his life might have been like had he not been in the goomba business. some good, some bad. but definitely more "average" that the sopranos we know & love.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

....personally I thought this weeks show sucked... not sure if i'm not artsy enough to "appreciate" it but wtf... get back to the sopranos... not kevin finnerty

it was definitely a departure from their usual format, but it wasn't out of place in the whole scheme of the series. since the beginning, we have seen tony struggling internally with alot of issues, and his sessions with melfi have brought many of his fears and doubts to the surface, where he's not too comfortable having them. this episode went inside his head during this traumatic experience he's having, giving us a glimpse of his psyche right now, and imo, it was done really, really well.

besides, the family (and "the family") are having their own struggles as they are forced to function without him. amazing how chaos ensues, and true feelings are revealed, when the embattled leader can't lead.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    it was definitely a departure from their usual format, but it wasn't out of place in the whole scheme of the series. since the beginning, we have seen tony struggling internally with alot of issues, and his sessions with melfi have brought many of his fears and doubts to the surface, where he's not too comfortable having them. this episode went inside his head during this traumatic experience he's having, giving us a glimpse of his psyche right now, and imo, it was done really, really well.

besides, the family (and "the family") are having their own struggles as they are forced to function without him. amazing how chaos ensues, and true feelings are revealed, when the embattled leader can't lead.

yeah... i guess i could try to look deeper into it but when i watched it sunday night i just wanted to see Tony bang some russian chick and then someone get whacked... just wasn't in the mood

reading the other posts in this thread has opened me up to it a bit... like the purgatory thing... that's cool... if you want to think and stuff

obviously i go back and forth ;)
  • Options
    i got the impression that he was dreaming of what he thought his life might have been like had he not been in the goomba business. some good, some bad. but definitely more "average" that the sopranos we know & love.

I couldn't agree with that more. In his dream, Tony was definitely leading an average life. Look at the way he reacted when they wouldn't let him into the conference or when he was confronted by the priests? Do you think Tony would have been told to leave a conference that he wanted to attend so peacefully? I definitely think he may have had some choice words.
    As for the priests, Tony acted like a punk. He didn't retaliate, he instead tried to tell on them. The old Tony wouldn't have thought twice about smacking those guys around, priest or no priest.
    I definitely think it was a look at life as an "ordinary Joe" or Kevin in this case.

That being said, it wasn't one of my favorite episodes. A little slow for my taste, but the future is looking bright.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    i actually cried when she was talking to him about that year down the shore with artie & his wife, while tom petty was playing on the boombox. it was so personal & so real, it was almost too painful to watch. i felt like a voyeur.

felt very real! incredible!
  • Options
    "all due respect" ;) to those with purgatory theories, but doesn't one have to die before your soul ends up in purgatory? tony's still alive, albeit in a coma, but i think his lost feeling is just a state of the coma. there were the obvious religous references...the screen on the tv with the cross, the fires burning on the other side of town and the bartender saying the town was "dead", tony trying to get into the "conference" to hear the colonel talk (like being at the "pearly gates" and trying to gain entry into the big house to see the big man), and the buddhists, etc....i feel like he is searching for something...like his way home, in a semi-conscious state...and a lot of questions are there that he is trying to understand, like if he'd led a different path in life, where his soul is going, what is his true identity - the loving father, or the "business" man, and so on and so on...

anyway, rambling thoughts about a fantastic episode...
  • Options
    dup post

sorry

not for nuthin'
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies