Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    Quentin Tarantino should direct The Soprano's movie.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    No way Tony dies like that...it is hardly dramatic enough. Uncle Junior is the next one in Green Grove I think. Where was Patsy, he wasn't even in it at all and he is one of Tony's main captains. I don't buy the idea that the first episode is actually the last simply because they did their catch you up montage and it was hardly a lot of complex storyline. From what it looked like it seemed like a year had past in the story and we're beginning here. I've been wrong before though so who knows.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Tony is not dead. If you look for next week's episode on your cable / satellite channel guide it tells you s brief synopsis of the episode and Tony has some plot....and it is not in a death bed...
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    You think Tony will be a little more willing to send Uncle Junior off to assisted living now?
    Brian
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i think melfi hit a real nerve when she was talking about tony not accepting that his mother didn't value him. and the fact that he's still coddling junior after he conspired to have tony killed shows some deep-seeded shit he's clearly not facing. it will be pretty scary if/when he starts dealing with some of that anger and hurt dead-on. that's why i think melfi is still a vital part of the story. i'd like to see more of her & their sessions. that man's got some serious f*cking issues to address.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,943
    i wouldn't be surprised if next week was another Tony dream episode. Maybe him in a coma or something.

You'd think it would be hard to show previews for something like that.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    One other thing to take into consideration.. everyone know the song/talk intro and out on this episode? Last thing said over the music....

Satan Remains...

Last words leading into and OUT of the season premiere. I think that was a subliminal little msg sayin, T is not dead...
  • Options
    i wouldn't be surprised if next week was another Tony dream episode. Maybe him in a coma or something.

I was thinking/dreading that too
  • Options
    "the test dream" from season 5 was one of the best episodes they've ever done.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Just watched it again and still, wow.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    the idea of reversing the episodes is not new, it's all possible in david's world...
    i read about a sequence of dreams in a couple of reviews, like this one
    http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-sopranos10mar10,0,1478340.story

"The plot turn at the end of Sunday's episode precipitates a reckoning, which Chase and his writers render in a multi-episode, bathed-in-metaphor dream sequence. In "Sopranos" dream land, limbo is some identity-less, Costa Mesa office park sort of place, your wallet and briefcase mysteriously not yours, your hotel elevator broken, a stuffed animal sitting in a chair"

best tv ever!

p.s.: did u catch what uncle jun' said to ton' before "malanga!" and bang?
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    bump for tonight!
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    Tony has trouble on a business trip to the west coast, The New Jersey faction mourns the loss of another associate, and Christopher discusses terrorism wih the FBI...thats whats on the plate tonight.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    culot4 wrote:
    Tony has trouble on a business trip to the west coast, The New Jersey faction mourns the loss of another associate, and Christopher discusses terrorism wih the FBI...thats whats on the plate tonight.

weird how there are no references to the shooting. IO digital cable guide just says that the episode's called "Join the Club" and that tony suffers from a case of mistaken identity during a business trip. ????
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    After watching all 5 seasons for the first time within 3 months (I got hooked quickly, don't know how I missed out on this show for so long), my DVR crapped out and I missed out on seeing the season opener. I had my cable box replaced this week, but I had to resort to reading the synopsis of last weeks episode on the Sopranos website. Looking forward to catching the remaining episodes this season starting tonight.
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    woohoo! It's been a long week. ;)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Great episode! Is A.J. going to whack uncle June?
  • Options
    Wow, that was an amazing show. Stuck in a place you cant leave, Finnerty/ infinity, Carmella specificailly addressing how Tony wasn't going to hell, obvious religious messages, characters either in black or white or a combination of the two...Tony was in Purgatory. Edie Falco is an amazing actress and why she isn't doing motion pictures being nominated for Oscars I have no idea. This is easily the best show on tv and this was one of the best, if not the best, episodes ever. It was well worth the wait....Oh and by the way the song at the end was simply beautiful. Ive been trying to find out what it was and thanks to the guy who posted the link that had that info. Moby- When its Cold I'd Like to Die.
  • Options
    All I can say about tonight is WOW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I agree. wow.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    I don't know bout some, but at some points dam near a tear jerker. WOW WOW WOW!!
  • Options
    Iampatriot wrote:
    After watching all 5 seasons for the first time within 3 months (I got hooked quickly, don't know how I missed out on this show for so long), my DVR crapped out and I missed out on seeing the season opener. I had my cable box replaced this week, but I had to resort to reading the synopsis of last weeks episode on the Sopranos website. Looking forward to catching the remaining episodes this season starting tonight.

Just realized I can watch the season opener on On Demand. D'oh!
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Iampatriot wrote:
    Just realized I can watch the season opener on On Demand. D'oh!

I missed the opener as well....I'll definitely be watching it tomorrow. You gotta love on demand.

AJ popping Uncle Junior would be insane.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    OK, I was worried a "dream/coma" episode would be awful, but it wasn't. I thought it was great. I was actually worried about what was going to happen to "Kevin finnerty" That made me think. If you lose your wallet, can you get home? And what the fuck was up with the Hare Krishnas?
  • Options
    I think the most important part of this episode was during the coma/dream sequence when Tony is sitting on the bed on the phone about 20 mins into the show talking to his wife. He'd love to come home, but he's away at "work" and to top it off she says its partially his fault. His fault, like it is his fault for being shot for refusing to put Junior in assisted living. Any more thoughts? I also thought his wife's voice sounded like the Mercedes woman he had an affair with.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    watching the replay now. That Dr. has some bedside manner. He's lucky to be here, or he'd have been dead 12 hours ago. And you gotta love janice and the crocodile tears. Vito: maybe he was a homo, and couldn't tell anyone
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    what a over-rated piece of crap t.v. series ,,, its fucking horrible
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Very cool episode last night. Looks like some shit's gonna go down in the coming weeks. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    I loved last night's episode. Trying to figure it all out was a but challenging but that's what I liked about it. How often does a tv show really make you think?

I think Tony was in purgatory and stole a regular guy's identity trying to sneak into heaven. When he realizes it's futile and he is not getting into heaven he just wants to go home to his family. The helicopters are looking for the "perp" who is the true Tony Soprano but he is scared they will find him. He is stuck until he gets his identity back and accepts his true self. The beacon of light is heaven but he can only see it in the distance. At the end though after he learns he has alzheimer's (brain damage) he sits on the bed not sure if he even wants to try to go home anymore.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what a over-rated piece of crap t.v. series ,,, its fucking horrible

ok.........