Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    cutback wrote:
    i don't know if chase wants tony to end up being a snitch.....seems a little anticlimactic......:)

On the contrary, it's the last thing that people would expect Tony to do. Completely contradictory to his character so far
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    mammasan wrote:
    On the contrary, it's the last thing that people would expect Tony to do. Completely contradictory to his character so far

And the logical conclusion to his character development this season.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    mammasan wrote:

yeah but not the modern mob.....there are very few like johnny sack that will do the time instead of ratting everyone out.....that's why i think the terrorist angle will be tony's way to not be a rat yet get out of the family....i will be disappointed if tony rats out and goes into wp....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    yeah but not the modern mob.....there are very few like johnny sack that will do the time instead of ratting everyone out.....that's why i think the terrorist angle will be tony's way to not be a rat yet get out of the family....i will be disappointed if tony rats out and goes into wp....:)

I don't think he will rat out his own crew, but the NY crew that's another story. I think Tony will have no problem sleeping at night knowing that he was the catalyst that sent Phil back to prison.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    vmfury wrote:
    WOW....

So bummed about Christopher. It's all happening...main characters are being killed off. The end is near.

Excellent episode tonight!

im was so upset about chrissy

he was my fav
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I don't think he will rat out his own crew, but the NY crew that's another story. I think Tony will have no problem sleeping at night knowing that he was the catalyst that sent Phil back to prison.

oh new york's goin' down.....in a really bloody way....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    oh new york's goin' down.....in a really bloody way....:)

I hope Butchie takes a trip through Satriale's meat grinder.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I hope Butchie takes a trip through Satriale's meat grinder.

lol He's such a good character, in a despicable sort of way. :D
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    brainofjb wrote:
    im was so upset about chrissy

he was my fav

He had some good qualities, but he just sounded so dumb, espcially when he was trying to sound intelligent!

I hope Paulie survives....he really respects the game!
  • Options
    lol He's such a good character, in a despicable sort of way. :D

He's the guy you love to hate.

I was just thinking about this today. What ever happened to Artie Bucco?
    After last season I honestly thought that the Fed where going to use the Amex card thefts to pressure him into setting up Tony.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    He had some good qualities, but he just sounded so dumb, espcially when he was trying to sound intelligent!

i know but he was so funny!

back when adriana and him were together
    there parts were so funny

I used to love paulie
    he drives me crazy now
    i was hoping he was gonna get it
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Paulie is a great character, but I think he is done for. Not this up coming episode but the following one will probably be Paulie's last. The one I really don't know about is Bobby. I really have no idea what will happen to him.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    lets get to guessing!
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I was just thinking about this today. What ever happened to Artie Bucco?
    After last season I honestly thought that the Fed where going to use the Amex card thefts to pressure him into setting up Tony.

artie was at chis' funeral....would like to see more in these last episodes...always liked him...:)
  • Options
    The character I really miss is Furio.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    mammasan wrote:
    The character I really miss is Furio.
    he was definitely a personal fav of mine.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    Random thoughts...Butchie is the greatest character in a long time, I love when he;s involved. What a weasel. He reminds me of Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings (random reference I know). I think Phil is great too, and those two together are going to make some hot-headed decisions against NJ. Paulie has been annoying to me for a few seasons now, especially with his mom and all, and why would they schedule the showings on the same day? He needs to go. I think the idea of Tony in witness protection won't work (also reminds me too much of Goodfellas, getting the paper and all), as we have seen Tony trying to appreciate life more and he's just not capable, but probably is most likely to happen. Carmela is going to play a huge factor in the final episode I think, but at this point I have no idea how it's going to end. Though Melfi is just a way for us to see into Tony's mind, will anything evolve in their sessions, or will Tony go to her outside when things spiral?....Benny's going to die by the hands of NY I can picture...Maybe AJ will die in some stupid way being involved with his crew? I just don't know.

I will say Imperioli was maybe the best actor on the show, with Gandolfini and Falco close behind.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I finished season6 last night, now just yet to see the last 8episodes.

its good to know there are those of you who appreciate the depth of the show, my other half overhears me talking about the sopranos with a mate and finds it hilarious.

So Tony ends up killing chris, for me removing moltisanti takes something from the show.
    -she was just giving me advice on what to get Kaisha for her birthday...

-oh yeah, what?

-a luther Vandross box set
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    mammasan wrote:

For Tony to turn into a snitch is completely contradictory to his character the entire show. Mamasan is completely right about this.

Allnitething, you have made some excellent posts about the show in the last few days and really opened my eyes to a few things but there is no way that Tony would do that. He killed Chistofuh so he could have one more way of insulating himself from the FBI. I think you are right about his epiphany in Vagas, but it is not in his nature to turn rat. I cannot see it happening and it would totally ruin the show for me.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    I'm surprised to see so many think Tony is still going to try to do the right thing and put his wife and kids before the mob. I just don't see it. He has gotten darker and darker this whole mini-season and seems to be clearly headed for tragedy. I suppose we have all come to like Tony in some sick way and want him to somehow get saved but that's not what happens in the mafia. By the end of this season I expect him to go to war with Phil and lose. A fitting ending would be Tony's house blows up with all of them inside. (or so we think until the movie comes out and everyone ran out the back door to see the ducks had returned.)
  • Options
    chipboy wrote:
    I'm surprised to see so many think Tony is still going to try to do the right thing and put his wife and kids before the mob. I just don't see it. He has gotten darker and darker this whole mini-season and seems to be clearly headed for tragedy. I suppose we have all come to like Tony in some sick way and want him to somehow get saved but that's not what happens in the mafia. By the end of this season I expect him to go to war with Phil and lose. A fitting ending would be Tony's house blows up with all of them inside. (or so we think until the movie comes out and everyone ran out the back door to see the ducks had returned.)

I agree that I am surprised to see so many people think that Tony will do the right thing.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    cutback wrote:
    artie was at chis' funeral....would like to see more in these last episodes...always liked him...:)

Yea more of Artie in the last three episodes would be nice.
  • Options
    Yea more of Artie in the last three episodes would be nice.

I like Artie but we don't have time for more Artie!!!

Does anyone know if the last episode is going to be regular length or will it be 2 hrs?
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Does anyone know if the last episode is going to be regular length or will it be 2 hrs?

That's right no time for Artie too much other stuff to cover. heh :D

I haven't heard if it is going to be longer then the usual hr. Two hrs would be sweet. :)
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    rrivers wrote:

fuck artie, no more screen time for him.

and from what i've heard, the final episode will be more than an hour, but not exactly sure how much longer. if i remember correctly, the series finale of six feet under was an hour and 15 minutes long, and the series finale for rome was an hour and a half. i'd love a 2 hour finale for the sopranos, but i don't think they'll go more than an hour and a half.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    fuck artie, no more screen time for him.

and from what i've heard, the final episode will be more than an hour, but not exactly sure how much longer. if i remember correctly, the series finale of six feet under was an hour and 15 minutes long, and the series finale for rome was an hour and a half. i'd love a 2 hour finale for the sopranos, but i don't think they'll go more than an hour and a half.

Yeah I think the "Whitecaps" espisode was like 76 minutes.
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    alpitt wrote:
    I will say Imperioli was maybe the best actor on the show, with Gandolfini and Falco close behind.

imperioli is nowhere near as good an actor as gandolfini or falco, but he is a great writer.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Edie Falco is hands down the best actor on the show.

Artie already got his send off last year when the episode ended with him breaking out his composition book of recipes. I'm glad he isn't getting any more scenes.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Edie Falco is hands down the best actor on the show

She's so good I hate her. :) I hope at the end she's working at Target or something. She's left with nothing.
  • Options
    imperioli is nowhere near as good an actor as gandolfini or falco, but he is a great writer.

Maybe, but his character was amazing.

Was....