Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    now THAT would be awesome. :D

she's got that whole hot italian chick thing going for her...

kind of like the hot italian chick that turned me onto the sopranos... except the girl i know is even hotter than meadow ;)
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    my2hands wrote:
    she's got that whole hot italian chick thing going for her...

kind of like the hot italian chick that turned me onto the sopranos... except the girl i know is even hotter than meadow ;)

bada bing! i hope she can cook, too. ;)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    another thought crossed my mind- non-puke related- it seems that chase and the writers are giving us many reminders these days that despite how loving these guys can be with their families, etc, and how much they get us to actually like and care about these characters, the business they're in is cuthroat- sometimes literally- and they are all ruthless bastards.

Couldn't agree more, I think the scenes from last week w/ Paulie are excellent examples of that. Both the abandonment of his mother and the beating of the kid at the end. Paulie may be funny and likable on some level, but he is definitely ruthless.

In last weeks, I thought their discussion after Johnny got taken away showed how ruthless they can be. I mean, even Tony seemed a little shocked by his boys' cold reaction to that situation.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    In last weeks, I thought their discussion after Johnny got taken away showed how ruthless they can be. I mean, even Tony seemed a little shocked by his boys' cold reaction to that situation.

Probably because he was afraid of how they would react to him if he showed that kind of weakness, which he kind of is, which would explain why he felt the need to beat the crap out of the young new guy to prove he's still to be feared and strong.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    another thought crossed my mind- non-puke related- it seems that chase and the writers are giving us many reminders these days that despite how loving these guys can be with their families, etc, and how much they get us to actually like and care about these characters, the business they're in is cuthroat- sometimes literally- and they are all ruthless bastards. i mean, you can see the mean streak in tony as he beats this kid in front of everyone, just a day or so before he so genuinely talks about life being a gift and how he looks forward to holding his grandkids on his lap.

and last season, when they took out adrianna with barely a second thought. they didn't even try to talk to her to find out how much she told the feds, or see if maybe the situation could be manipulated to their favor, like have her give them false info, whatever. nope, just shot her in the back. f*ckers!

They are complete sociopaths and once in a while the viewer needs to be reminded of that..These are not sweet, gentle guys...As far as Chris turning on Tony from your other post that would really suprise me. Despite all of Chris' second guessing of Tony lately I still believe Chris is scared of Tony and still has a strong bond with him from childhood. I would almost use the word love but with these guys I don't know. Remember that episode last season where Tony and Tony B. were breaking Chris' balls nonstop when they were up in the country and in the end Chris was driving away and started crying...How Vito plays out will be interesting. If he was going to kill himself he would have done it already I think and right away he called Sil to make sure his secret didn't get out. They kept showing his gun with him in the hotel so someone is going to get a bullet.....The funny thing about last night was how Tony interpreted Melfi's advice to regain control of his crew.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    culot4 wrote:
    .....The funny thing about last night was how Tony interpreted Melfi's advice to regain control of his crew.

Melfi's advice in combination with Johnny Sac getting dissed for being weak and crying like a woman, (lol), and Tony almost passing out in front of all of those people trying to take off his shoes (how sad was that?), he definitely knew he had to show his family he's still the Alpha Male. When he started sizing everybody up, that scene seemed to drag out for a long time, but it was just like you were inside of his freakin head going over each one until finally settling on the biggest, strongest, youngest guy in the room, probably somebody who reminds Tony a lot of himself as a younger man. Once again, I thought it was brilliant. Especially the little grin he gave himself in the mirror...priceless.

As for Vito in his leathers, I haven't laughed that hard in months!!!

Good show I thought.

Anybody else think Uncle June might be getting ready to off himself as well?
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    my fav line was paulie "Hey Syl! keep the cards down" or something like that & who wudda thunk bobby could shot b-ball ??!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Another Paulie classic:

"Hey, don't fuck with my concentration"

A good Tony line:

"A FIFTY pound bundle of joy" talkin bout allegra and her crissening. LMAO!
  • Options
    duffyduffy Posts: 74
    tony puking up blood. bleh!

i wonder if bobby is an under-the-radar wildcard. he's a good shot (shooting the rapper)...he works for Tony's Uncle Jr....hm, maybe he's up to somethin. then again, maybe not.

i liked the 2 little old ladies at the table at the wedding. and the gay club scene was fun...woohoo. :D
  • Options
    duffy wrote:
    i wonder if bobby is an under-the-radar wildcard. he's a good shot (shooting the rapper)...he works for Tony's Uncle Jr....hm, maybe he's up to somethin. then again, maybe not.

Bobby is too stupid and a major pushover. He doesn't get any respect from the rest of the crew. Janice talks to him like he's a five year old. No man could lead the family with their wife talking to them like that.

He can ball though. :D Who knew?
    "My road may be lonely

"What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    helloooooooo... he's italian. prolly just last night's spaghetti & meatballs. :eek: plus a bit of blood.

Too funny, I said the same thing to my husband last night
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    you ragu-chugger, you! :D

that's what you get for not eating homemade gravy. f*ckin' RAGU. JEESH!

don't worry... i spice it up with some crushed red pepper and powdered garlic

;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Im glad its finally getting good, because up until this point I hadnt been impressed. I think if they killed the kids off it would help. lol
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    don't worry... i spice it up with some crushed red pepper and powdered garlic

;)

P-P-P-POWDERED garlic?!?!?!?!

good lord, man, what is going ON in your kitchen?? whassamatta, you afraid of smelly fingers? i didn't figure you to be that type. :p
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Im glad its finally getting good, because up until this point I hadnt been impressed. I think if they killed the kids off it would help. lol

that'd never happen, imo. at least, not in the form of a hit. maybe AJ can eat it in a car crash. he's useless.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Just don't kill Meadow. She's too hot to die.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    P-P-P-POWDERED garlic?!?!?!?!

good lord, man, what is going ON in your kitchen?? whassamatta, you afraid of smelly fingers? i didn't figure you to be that type. :p

i love a nice smelly finger

speaking of which... what shows are you going to??
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    i love a nice smelly finger

speaking of which... what shows are you going to??

you're an animal.

:D

no shows, yet! tho someone's trying to lure me into the gorge show...

and you? i wanna make sure to stay clear of the guy who keeps smelling his fingers.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    so do you guys think Vito is or was considering killing himeself??

i catch Sopranos on Wednesday nights..so i tried to stay out of this thread as much as possible the begining of this week...but for real! the previews look fucked up for next week!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    so do you guys think Vito is or was considering killing himeself??

i catch Sopranos on Wednesday nights..so i tried to stay out of this thread as much as possible the begining of this week...but for real! the previews look fucked up for next week!

i think he did or he will, definitely. the humiliation is just too much to bear, and if he was planning to kill those two guys who saw him at the bar, he would have no reason to hole up in a motel room.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    i think he did or he will, definitely. the humiliation is just too much to bear, and if he was planning to kill those two guys who saw him at the bar, he would have no reason to hole up in a motel room.

true true....that was pretty funny tho! and i sorta like Vito! i dont want him to kill himself!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    true true....that was pretty funny tho! and i sorta like Vito! i dont want him to kill himself!

yeah, until last season when he started harrassing finn, i had no problem with him. but then he & paulie acted all sneaky during tony's hospitilization, and that was the last straw for me. i wouldn't miss him.

i like bobby more & more, though. he has a good heart, and tho he's tolerated alot of shit from janice, remember that last season, he told her in no uncertain terms that her hostility (remember the soccer game brawl...) is disruptive to his family, and if she didn't get some help for it, she was out. don't know how the new baby will change things, but i don;t think he's as wimpy as some others here think he is. i really don't think you can be a mobster and be a sissy.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:

Vito sucks! (no pun intended) I don't think that Vito is gonna off himself. I have nothing to base this on, it is just a theory. I hope he doesn't kill himself, so that someone else can do the honors. I hate the way he has been moving himself into position since Tony went down, he needs to go.
    "My road may be lonely

"What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    Vito sucks! (no pun intended) I don't think that Vito is gonna off himself. I have nothing to base this on, it is just a theory. I hope he doesn't kill himself, so that someone else can do the honors. I hate the way he has been moving himself into position since Tony went down, he needs to go.

i see what you guys are saying & i didn't even think about that (blame it on the preggo brain...lol)....but i guess i just feel a little sorry for him...
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Is Vito going down tonight...pun intended.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    vito driving eating ribs and wiping hands all over pants, classic, hilarious...pishadile...

what about his babysitter?
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Tony was SO on tonight. Fantastic episode.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The part where Finn was telling the guys about Vito and had to clarify that Vito was the one who was blowing the security guard was classic. The reaction from Paulie I nearly fell off of my couch I was laughing so hard. Still though I feel sort of bad for Vito. I think his escape into the tolerant land of New Hampshire will be short lived, someone is gong to find him. Really good episode tonight....Oh and its really starting to look like the theory about Meadow maybe joining up with the family business may be holding some water now.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    interesting episode, i think were in for it with this vito stroyline.....keep the shots of meadow coming
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    Meadow = Hot

that is all
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. -Ernest Benn