Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    i agree ;) hey come on he was great;)

Great for us:D
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    Great for us:D

of course;)???
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    just saw a Hamburg player get a missile thrown on his head from last night's game..ouch...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    just saw a Hamburg player get a missile thrown on his head from last night's game..ouch...

yea and it´s now a big disscussion about safeness in germany while wm .it was alexander laas ..he is ok now thank god ...but this wasn´t a fan ..he called in night the police ...the manager of colone said big sorry to the fans and hsv ...and he said that this ain´t fussball .
  • Options
    yea and it´s now a big disscussion about safeness in germany while wm .it was alexander laas ..he is ok now thank god ...but this wasn´t a fan ..he called in night the police ...the manager of colone said big sorry to the fans and hsv ...and he said that this ain´t fussball .
    yeh..they should resolve this problem soon before the World Cup begins.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..they should resolve this problem soon before the World Cup begins.

they do belive me ...but they can´t do anything when people go to be agressive
    etc. it´s also a social problem .
    all real fans maybe should "hold down" somebody who wanna act so stupid and agressive like that

bec. many fans are not acting like that ...
  • Options
    they do belive me ...but they can´t do anything when people go to be agressive
    etc. it´s also a social problem .
    all real fans maybe should "hold down" somebody who wanna act so stupid and agressive like that

bec. many fans are not acting like that ...
    yeh its just a few bad apples..i heard they r gonna put fences

YNWA
  • Options
    it´s in disscussion but no bec. than the "idiots" have won.
    first hamburg and colone have to pay money bec. of that.than the guy have a stadium fobidden ..he has to pay money and much more and colone also got more editions...
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ...........hey what about Leyton Orient???????????????? tearing through the f.a cup, soon to be ready for Fulham and they are steering full force towards promotion this year.........
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    ...........hey what about Leyton Orient???????????????? tearing through the f.a cup, soon to be ready for Fulham and they are steering full force towards promotion this year.........

sorry i didn´t mention them yet ..maybe they will be the hammer ...who knows???;)
  • Options
    I think having the world cup in germany is going to attract some trouble. its famous to a lot of people for beer and football just like england and with the english and germans mixing beer with football together,i see some bad results to be honest.

we have to be on our best behaviour as we are on thin ice as it is....
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    I think having the world cup in germany is going to attract some trouble. its famous to a lot of people for beer and football just like england and with the english and germans mixing beer with football together,i see some bad results to be honest.

we have to be on our best behaviour as we are on thin ice as it is....

i don´t agree with you ...if you watch football worldwide while years germany isn´t that agressive etc. but hey as we see there are still idots ..so as i say the clups can do something ,the players and even the fans ...off course
  • Options
    real Madrid fired Luxemburgo.........................

just a notice
  • Options
    i don´t agree with you ...if you watch football worldwide while years germany isn´t that agressive etc. but hey as we see there are still idots ..so as i say the clups can do something ,the players and even the fans ...off course

but last time it happened was right under our noses and it was the english.

im hopefull nothing will happen but not very confident unfortunately.

the english and strong german beer dont mix very well!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    but last time it happened was right under our noses and it was the english.

im hopefull nothing will happen but not very confident unfortunately.

the english and strong german beer dont mix very well!!!!

i hope the same ...but i think all try the best that nothing happen....

you can´t mixed thoose beer ;)
    my fave for now is newcastle ale ....
  • Options
    Fergie Wants George Style(with this manu will kick of very well in lissabon;)
    Alex Ferguson is demanding Wayne Rooney and the rest of his players beat Benfica in the style of George Best. Manchester United travel to Lisbon for a crunch Champions League match on Wednesday, needing a victory to be certain of qualifying for the knockout stages. The United boss said: "I want us to put in a performance in Lisbon which George would be proud of. George made his reputation against Benfica. We want to go there and live up to the reputation he created."
    Neil Custis, The Sun

1966: El Beatle 2005: El Rolling Scholes
    In 1966 it was 'El Beatle' George Best who lit up Lisbon's Stadium Of Light... and Joe Jordan is backing another Manchester United hero to provide the fireworks there on Wednesday. And, no, it's not Wayne Rooney. Former Old Trafford star Jordan, caretaker boss of Portsmouth, believes Paul Scholes is the key to United's Champions League hopes ahead of their crucial clash with Benfica this week. "He's a quality player," said Jordan. "And now he's got off the mark everything could be set up for him in Lisbon."
    David Anderson, Daily Mirror

Giggs: Spirit Will Save Us
    Ryan Giggs has called on Manchester United's old guard to prevent a catastrophic exit from the Champions League on Wednesday. He says his experience plus that of Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand, Edwin van der Sar and Ruud van Nistelrooy will be vital in securing the win needed at Benfica. He said: "It is good that we have the experienced players back for such an important night, lads who have sampled many times the kind of atmosphere that we will experience in Lisbon."
    Richard Tanner, Daily Express
  • Options
    "We are the pride of all Europe; The cock of the North; We hate the Scousers, the Cockneys of course (And Leeds!);

"We are United without any doubt; We are the Manchester boys; Na na na na na na na na na na na na na.":D:p
  • Options
    oh in a singing mood are we? ;)

We won it at Wem-b-ely
    We won it in Gay Paree
    In 77 and 84 it was Rome
    We've won it 5 times
    We've won it 5 ti-imes
    In Istanbul, we won it 5 times
    When Emlyn lifted it high
    He lit up the Roman sky
    Thommo in Paree and Souness did it as well
    We've won it 5 times
    We've won it 5 ti-imes
    At Wembley we won it our home
    Took 26,000 to Rome
    20,000 to Paree when we won it again
    We've won it 5 times
    We've won it 5 ti-imes
    Stevie G's eyes lit up
    As he lifted the European Cup
    21 years and now its coming back home
    We've won it 5 times
    We've won it 5 ti-imes
    In Istanbul, we won it 5 times.
    We'll win it 6 times
    We'll win it 6 ti-imes
    In gay Paree we'll make it six times :D

YNWA
  • Options
    Let me tell you the story of a poor boy,
    Who was sent far away from his home,
    To fight for his king and his country,
    And also the old folks back home
    So they put him in a highland division,
    Sent him off to a far foreign land,
    Where the flies swarm around in their thousands,
    And there's nothing to see but the sand.

Now the battle it started next morning,
    Under the radiant sun,
    I remember our poor Scouser Tommy,
    He was shot by an old Nazi gun.

As he lay on the battlefield die-die-dying,
    With the blood gushing out of his head (out of his head)
    As he lay on the battlefield die-die-dying,
    These were the last words he said:

Oooooh, I am a Liverpudlian,
    and I come from the Spion Kop,
    I like to sing, I like to chant,
    I go there quite a lot

Support a team, that plays in red,
    A team that we all know,
    A team that we call *Liverpool*,
    To glory we will go.

We won the league, we won the cup,
    We've been to Europe too,
    We played the Toffees for a laugh,
    And left them feeling blue (5-0)
    1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 5-0!

Rush scored one,
    Rush scored two,
    Rush scored three,
    And Rush scored four...

Bring it on manc scum!!!!!;)
  • Options
    he he!!! the scousers win again!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
  • Options
    he he!!! the scousers win again!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

noooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy;):D

and alex yes i was in a singing moment;)
  • Options
    Wenn du aus Dortmund kommst, schießt Geld dir keine Tore.
    Wenn du aus der Hauptstadt kommst, scheißen wir auf dich und dein Lied.
    Wenn du aus Leverkusen kommst, lass den Torwart gleich zu Hause
    Wenn du auf Schalke kommst, ist das für uns 'nen Auswärtssieg.

Wenn ich weit, weit weg bin
    Ob bei Juve oder Rom
    dann denk ich "Hamburg meine Perle" und singe:
    home sweet home!

Refrain
    Hamburg meine Perle
    du wunderschöne Stadt
    du bist mein Zuhaus, du bist mein Leben
    du bist die Stadt auf die ich kann, auf die ich kann.

Wenn du aus Bremen kommst, gibts für dich hier nix zu holen.
    Wenn du aus Rostock kommst, bleibst am besten gleich zu Haus.
    Wenn du aus Cottbus kommst, kommst du eigentlich aus Polen.
    (Wenn du aus Gladbach kommst, sind wir die Hengste, ihr die Fohlen.)
    Wenn du München kommst, ziehen wir dir die Lederhosen aus.

Wenn ich weit, weit weg bin
    In Athen oder auf'm Dom
    dann denk ich "Hamburg meine Perle" und singe:
    home sweet home!
  • Options
    We had joy, we had fun
    We had Tottenham on the run
    But the joy didn't last
    Cause the basterds ran too fast
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    :(:(:(:(

Ole Makes Long-Awaited Comeback

FA Barclays Premier Reserve League
    Manchester United 0
    Liverpool 2
    Ewen Fields, Hyde

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer completed 45 minutes for the Reserves in his first appearance in a United shirt since the 2004 FA Cup Final.

The Norwegian striker came through apparently unscathed and is likely to figure for Rene Meulensteen's side in their next game, against Bolton Wanderers on December 15

Ole's appearance couldn't inspire his side, however, and they slipped to a first league defeat under Meulensteen's charge.

A mistake from Luke Steele allowed former United reserve Ramon Calliste to put the visitors ahead after 10 minutes, before substitute Besian Idrizaj headed a late clincher.

A crowd of 2,738 packed into Ewen Fields, roughly three times the average gate for Reserve games - and the reason was Solskjaer's return.

United went into the game on the back of seven straight league wins, but from the off never showed the cohesion that has become their signature under Meulensteen.

After a slow start by both sides, Liverpool moved ahead through ex-Red Calliste, who was released in the summer and promptly snapped up by the Merseysiders.

Steele hesitated when coming to collect a back header from 16-year-old debutant Craig Cathcart and could only fire against Calliste, who then slid the ball into the gaping net.

The scrappy nature of the goal was symptomatic of the overall poor quality of the game itself.

United were well below their usual standards and never found their rhythm, while the visitors were content to just sit on their lead and rarely showed any ambition for anything other than stifling United.

On the rare occasions United did pierce the Liverpool backline, they found themselves thwarted by goalkeeper Paul Willis, who was excellent throughout.

The Northern Ireland youth international was on hand to deny Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Gerard Piqué and Giuseppe Rossi in the second half with some tremendous reflex saves.

While Meulensteen's side were frustrated time and again going forward, Cathcart's assured debut in defence gave a definite silver lining to the evening.

As United struggled in vain to find an equaliser, substitute Idrizaj rose high above the home defence to head in a corner four minutes from time.

The defeat is United's first since the end of September in the league, but will live long in the memory for being the night Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took his first tentative steps on the road back to competitive football.

United: Steele, Simpson, Eckersley, Cathcart, Piqué, Fox (Gray, 78), Neumayr, R Jones, Solskjaer (Ebanks-Blake, 46), Rossi, Martin (Cooper, 64).
    Subs not used: Lee, Marsh.
  • Options
    i do like ole!! he was a class player and is still loved by the fans at his club!! nice to see the mancs have some heart even if its balck and cold!!!!

hope he makes a good recovery to play in the first team if just for once more!!
  • Options
    hahaahha! great to see Ramon Calliste on the scoresheet :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

he he! just gets worse for ladygooddiva!!! the rafalution is takin over!!

chelsea should be good tonight,although im workin til seven so im gonna have a mad dash back to get home in time!!!!
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

:p:p:p so funny:( but hey we ain´t finish yet!!!

allways United;):p
  • Options
    i do like ole!! he was a class player and is still loved by the fans at his club!! nice to see the mancs have some heart even if its balck and cold!!!!

hope he makes a good recovery to play in the first team if just for once more!!

of course:);)

that would be cool i agree:)