Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    superb result!! Not seent the highlights yet as i was in a five a side game til ten!! from the newspaper reports we hammered them!! Fourth spot to boot!!
    second place on saturday!!

The Rafalution is now in full swing!!!
    was a very good result..i felt we could have gone for more goals in the second half..we were actually quite poor in the first..John Stead was giving Hyypia so much problems
    but yeh when Sissoko got sent off..Rafa took off the strikers and played a defensive game

im a huge fan of Harry Kewell..last night he was poor again..sloppy touches and not alert to the players around him...i hope he can find his feet real soon!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    was a very good result..i felt we could have gone for more goals in the second half..we were actually quite poor in the first..John Stead was giving Hyypia so much problems
    but yeh when Sissoko got sent off..Rafa took off the strikers and played a defensive game

im a huge fan of Harry Kewell..last night he was poor again..sloppy touches and not alert to the players around him...i hope he can find his feet real soon!

did you see it? was the sending off justified? were the goals good?
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    did you see it? was the sending off justified? were the goals good?
    yeh watched the game
    Sissoko well..he was late..very late with his tackles as usual.
    everyone expected Kewell to replace Sissoko when he got his yellow card but Rafa replaced Morientes instead..and Momo saw his second yellow shortly after lol..

the goals were..WOW..not only for the finishes..but the sublime passes by Alonso...for the first goal..he did not even look before he passed it thru to Luis Garcia..amazing..
    second goal..yet again he saw space..superb long pass and great control by Stevie to put the ball in the net.
    Crouch was unlucky..he had an open goal but he was very clearly kicked by Caldwell just as he was gonna poke the ball in the net..shame..clear penalty.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    All the papers say it was a stonewall pen. my prediction for crouchys first strike to sink chelski is looking good!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    All the papers say it was a stonewall pen. my prediction for crouchys first strike to sink chelski is looking good!!!!
    yeh so far our predictions been good eh..we predicted a 2-0 for last night too lol...would be nice if he scored against Chelski but it would be even more special if he scored at the kop in a home game..maybe he can score vs Wigan and Chelski :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh so far our predictions been good eh..we predicted a 2-0 for last night too lol...would be nice if he scored against Chelski but it would be even more special if he scored at the kop in a home game..maybe he can score vs Wigan and Chelski :D

That would do for me!!! wigan could be tough but the way we are playing at the moment we should be able to wear em down!! souness is in the s**t after getting beaten by what was virtually wigan reserves last night!! he he!!

could go second if we get a result there!!! rafas highest position yet!!
  • Options
    That would do for me!!! wigan could be tough but the way we are playing at the moment we should be able to wear em down!! souness is in the s**t after getting beaten by what was virtually wigan reserves last night!! he he!!

could go second if we get a result there!!! rafas highest position yet!!
    yeh Wigan did play well when they got beat by ARSE-anal..they will be tough.
    haah..Souness..this weekend Newcastle meet Aston Villa..both managers are favorites to get the sack.

yeh! hopefully Bolton can upset ARSE-anal and Manure lose to whoever they are playing.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Wigan did play well when they got beat by ARSE-anal..they will be tough.
    haah..Souness..this weekend Newcastle meet Aston Villa..both managers are favorites to get the sack.

yeh! hopefully Bolton can upset ARSE-anal and Manure lose to whoever they are playing.

Fingers crossed!! chelski will be running scared by then i reckon,he knows rafa has got him sussed!!

getting all excited now and still two sleeps til staurday!!!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!! chelski will be running scared by then i reckon,he knows rafa has got him sussed!!

getting all excited now and still two sleeps til staurday!!!
    yeh!...going second..wow...will sure shut alot of critics up..if we lose..we can drop back to 7th...hope we dont screw up this Saturday!

YNWA
  • Options
    Emmanuel Adebayor the best striker from togo -we should remember his name for next year;)
  • Options
    Saha Delighted To Be Back

Louis Saha wants to put a year of injuries behind him after completing his first full 90 minutes of football in nearly eleven months.

A series of injuries have limited the 27-year-old Frenchman to just four starts in 2005. His last 90 minutes for the first team came in a 0-0 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge back in January, in the Carling Cup semi final first leg tie.

But he scored on his first start of the current campaign in Wednesday's 3-1 Carling Cup fourth round victory over West Brom.

It was an emotional evening at Old Trafford as the club and almost 50,000 fans paid tribute to the late George Best.

"It was a very nice feeling [to be back playing]," Saha told MUTV. "It was an emotional night so it's great to win the game."

Saha's first-half strike was his tenth goal for the club, but his 21 starts since joining from Fulham in January 2004 tell the tale of an injury ravaged Reds career. But the Parisian forward wants to remain injury free.

"I hope I can," he said. "I think I've been training now for three weeks and I'm happy with my fitness."

United face Portsmouth on Saturday at Old Trafford. Whilst Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to opt for his favoured strike-pairing of Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne rooney, Saha may be in with a chance of starting against Everton, as van Nistelrooy is suspended.

"I need games to get my confidence back to a year before - that's when I got injured and it started to go wrong for me.

"It was very frustrating," he admits. "I'm very professional but it was a very hard time. I think I coped with it very well.

"It's been hard but I just have to try to think positively. I've got to keep working hard and wait for my time."

yea yea yea;););)
  • Options
    He's wasted at united,its blown his chances of world cup experience. I like saha,we should have bought him instead of bloody cisse........
  • Options
    He's wasted at united,its blown his chances of world cup experience. I like saha,we should have bought him instead of bloody cisse........
    Cisse is one lazy player...he doesnt fit in the way Liverpool plays..i really hope Dirk Kuyt joins us!

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Cisse is one lazy player...he doesnt fit in the way Liverpool plays..i really hope Dirk Kuyt joins us!

Yeah man,he sounds good,weve been linked with him for a while now.....
  • Options
    Yeah man,he sounds good,weve been linked with him for a while now.....
    Kuyt is a great player..he is good with his feet and head
    shit part is he might join Sperms cos of Martin Jol and Edgard Davids :(

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Kuyt is a great player..he is good with his feet and head
    shit part is he might join Sperms cos of Martin Jol and Edgard Davids :(

Bugger.....we need to buy big in the january transfer window cos this good run could subside as it has in the past few seasons. and stevie wont be very happy if we dont get a world class signing in...
  • Options

he´s not wasted ....
  • Options
    Last night i saw Manchester United against West Ham, that was a cool match!
  • Options
    Last night i saw Manchester United against West Ham, that was a cool match!

oh i´m so jelous i couldn´t watch it bec. nobody show it here :(
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i wonder if you guys play?

are you any good? what positions do you like to play?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:

i played when i was a kid .i was goalkeeper-but a bad one ...
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:

Ive played five-a-side for fun every week for the last six years and im about to join a league in liverpool......

I play on the wing or up front.

I love playing,i hate it when a game is cancelled!! i get proper moody when im not playing!!!
  • Options
    he´s not wasted ....

I dont know about that, with rooney and van nistelroy he''s never gonna get much of a look in is he?!
  • Options
    I dont know about that, with rooney and van nistelroy he''s never gonna get much of a look in is he?!

wait but @liverpool he would be in da same situation come on?!!!
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Ive played five-a-side for fun every week for the last six years and im about to join a league in liverpool......

I play on the wing or up front.

I love playing,i hate it when a game is cancelled!! i get proper moody when im not playing!!!

a league of this five-a-side thing (IS IT ON GRASS, TURF...) or a regular league? and if it´s that do you have any chances to become a pro or something?

I myself play midfield, and if i werent too modest, i would say that i am one of the best this world never got the chance to see...;)
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    wait but @liverpool he would be in da same situation come on?!!!

I think he would get more of a chance at liverpool cos we seem to sign strikers who cant score goals lately so saha would be a welcome addition in my first eleven!!!!:)
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    a league of this five-a-side thing (IS IT ON GRASS, TURF...) or a regular league? and if it´s that do you have any chances to become a pro or something?

I myself play midfield, and if i werent too modest, i would say that i am one of the best this world never got the chance to see...;)

Its on astro-turf,all weather type stuff....

Im too old to become a pro now but like youself i am the greatest talent this country will never see!!!

Ive been top scorer more often than not when i play for fun so we'll see if i can re-produce that in a competitive format!!!

Do you play in a league or anything?
  • Options
    I think he would get more of a chance at liverpool cos we seem to sign strikers who cant score goals lately so saha would be a welcome addition in my first eleven!!!!:)

no way................................:p
  • Options
    no way................................:p

Way................................;)
  • Options
    Way................................;)

you know the answer;)