Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    he was impressive but riise got my vote.

'gers would be good! get the huns dreams over before they even begin!!!
    Riise was very disappointing when it came to getting balls into the box..especially in the second half..Kewell did a decent job when he came on.
    Finnan was good too..so far hes been the most consistent player in the team this season

even Gers fans dont have much hope for their club lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    barca vs chelski final in this years uefa cup.
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • Options
    We had joy, we had fun
    We had Tottenham on the run
    But the joy didn't last
    Cause the basterds ran too fast

lmao hahaha.... some football season (in the sun) this one..
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Riise was very disappointing when it came to getting balls into the box..especially in the second half..Kewell did a decent job when he came on.
    Finnan was good too..so far hes been the most consistent player in the team this season

even Gers fans dont have much hope for their club lol

it was riise's defensive play that won me over,thats been up and down of late.

finnan is a quality player,i liked him from day one. most of my other lfc mates think he's garbage but last nite may just force a shift in opinion!!

do feel a bit sorry for mcleish though! he's not done that much wrong compared to the run celtic have had.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    ..........I reckon man-u will get thru tonight, even if they only draw, what makes it exciting is that benfica really have it all to play for as well. Pisses me off that in england the wednesday champs lge fixtures get no coverage at all, not even a highlights programmes later on..........................watched some of the game last night, crouch just cracks me up--how thin are those legs!!! I was waiting for him to appear near the corner flag to see how they compared.

they will run over benfica:D

what should i say ....
  • Options
    k my last jump for today
    bec. today Manchester united will win:D:D
    and damn i don´t wanna see something like this :

http://fotball.adressa.no/multimedia/archive/00035/Rio_Ferdinand_35578a.jpg

if yes i drive to manchester next week and kick some asses :D

ok ...

We love United, we do,
    We love United, we do,
    We love United, we do,
    Oh, United we love you.
    Tune: When the Saints go marching in

Oh Manchester, Oh Manchester,
    Oh Manchester is wonderful,
    It's full of t*ts, f*nny, and United,
    Oh Manchester is wonderful.
  • Options
    it was riise's defensive play that won me over,thats been up and down of late.

finnan is a quality player,i liked him from day one. most of my other lfc mates think he's garbage but last nite may just force a shift in opinion!!

do feel a bit sorry for mcleish though! he's not done that much wrong compared to the run celtic have had.
    oh thats very true...Riise has been good since the end of last season but needs more consistency

yeh i was delighted when Finnan was signed..he din have a great debut season but after that has been very solid

yeh..poor McLeish..he won like 5-7 trophies for them?
    ah well a club like Gers shouldnt be that low in the SPL table too...lowest they should be is 2nd
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610

'gers would be good! get the huns dreams over before they even begin!!!

now now thats a bit cheeky..i'm sure you would brush us aside like you did Celtic.. :D

Anyone at any games?? i'd love to see pics..heres mine..

ibbcat7zz.jpg

img314319bb8by9wj.jpg
  • Options
    "Liverpool could rival Chelsea for the signature of Anderlecht youngster Vincent Kompany"

damn i hope we get him..prefer him to Gabriel Paletta

YNWA
  • Options
    Rapied Vienna 1-3 Juventus
    Kincl(52) Del Piero (35, 45)
    Ibrahimovic (42

Ah yes, VERY happy now
    I'd dance with you....
    ...but my hands are on fire.
  • Options
    Manu has lost against benfica.so they are out @ the cl .but hey i maybe see them in february live in my hometown vs hsv ..

hope they don´t kick fergie out ...much trouble no:(

hey i am to drunk to write more now ...later than peace
    my love is still united.....
  • Options
    This friday is the ruffle for who will be on what group on the 2006 Germany WORLD CUP!
  • Options
    Manu has lost against benfica.so they are out @ the cl .but hey i maybe see them in february live in my hometown vs hsv ..

hope they don´t kick fergie out ...much trouble no:(

hey i am to drunk to write more now ...later than peace
    my love is still united.....
    LOL!
    ah Manure....not only are they out of the champions league..THEY ARENT EVEN IN THE UEFA CUP! AHAHHAHAHAH
    sorry i had to...hahaahahhahahah!
    hope Ronaldo gets fined too for showing the middle finger to Benfica fans

but yeh..come Manure...bounce back and trash Everton :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    LOL!
    ah Manure....not only are they out of the champions league..THEY ARENT EVEN IN THE UEFA CUP! AHAHHAHAHAH

classic!!! fergie's head must be called for in true fashoin of english football!!

the glazers wont be happy!!

never thought id say this but COME ON THE BLUES!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    LOL!

yes i realiced that in the morning:(:(:(

nevermind:(:(:(

yea ithat wasn´t gentleman like but he was frustrated ......

i hope so love united ;)
  • Options
    This friday is the ruffle for who will be on what group on the 2006 Germany WORLD CUP!

yes ;) and i hope that germany ,england and portugal aren´t in the same group

and that england plays in my town ....some know why :D
  • Options
    2006 PLAYERS RICH LIST

1. David Beckham (£75m)
    2. Dennis Bergkamp (£37m)
    3. Michael Owen (£30m)
    4. Robbie Fowler (£28m)
    5. Sol Campbell (£26m)
    6. Roy Keane (£25m)
    7. Alan Shearer (£22)
    8. Rio Ferdinand (£20m)
    9 Ryan Giggs (£20m)
    10 Ruud van Nistelrooy (£20m)
  • Options
    2006 PLAYERS RICH LIST

1. David Beckham (£75m)
    2. Dennis Bergkamp (£37m)
    3. Michael Owen (£30m)
    4. Robbie Fowler (£28m)
    5. Sol Campbell (£26m)
    6. Roy Keane (£25m)
    7. Alan Shearer (£22)
    8. Rio Ferdinand (£20m)
    9 Ryan Giggs (£20m)
    10 Ruud van Nistelrooy (£20m)
    i was very surprised to see Emile Heskey above Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard on the list!
    i guess he earned alot from his transfers

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i was very surprised to see Emile Heskey above Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard on the list!
    i guess he earned alot from his transfers

i don´t know but we know how the bizz is ...
  • Options
    i don´t know but we know how the bizz is ...
    lol yeh
    Robbie Fowler is a great businessman hah...but soon hes gonna be released by Man City cos his wages are too high

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol yeh
    Robbie Fowler is a great businessman hah...but soon hes gonna be released by Man City cos his wages are too high

but that´s his prob than ...well if he really like to stay @man city he would put down his wages himself but hey nobody do this anyways
    but hey some do .........
  • Options
    but that´s his prob than ...well if he really like to stay @man city he would put down his wages himself but hey nobody do this anyways
    but hey some do .........
    think also it has alot to do with his agent
    i wouldnt mind Fowler coming back to Liverpool..still idolise him :)

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    think also it has alot to do with his agent
    i wouldnt mind Fowler coming back to Liverpool..still idolise him :)

yea that´s why i don´t like thoose agant sh.... they spoil a bit ....

ok ;) i see

oh just a short question is there anything out yet for the english team 2006 rummers maybe ?
  • Options
    this is making me more unhappy and yea a bit angry

my answer is no he should stay !!!

SHOULD FERGIE GO NOW?

Manchester United have crashed out of Europe after a 2-1 defeat to Benfica in Portugal on Wednesday night. It is the first time they have failed to get out of the group stages for 11 years, despite being arguably the least taxing of all of the groups they have been drawn in. So is it time for Sir Alex Ferguson to abandon his hopes of a second Champions League title and call it a day at Old Trafford?

With just one win from six games and only three goals to their name, United came a miserable fourth place in Group D, meaning that they don't even get the consolation of a place in the UEFA Cup. Once again, they were desperately short of ideas at Benfica, rarely threatening to find the one goal they needed to turn a disaster into qualification.

Does the buck stop with the manager, whose European tactics seem to have been badly misjudged this season, or with the underperforming players? Do you think Fergie and United can bounce back from this to use their lack of continental football to build a concerted domestic challenge to Chelsea? Will the Glazers accept such a crushing financial blow so early on in their reign?

Have your say!
  • Options
    this is making me more unhappy and yea a bit angry

my answer is no he should stay !!!

SHOULD FERGIE GO NOW?

Manchester United have crashed out of Europe after a 2-1 defeat to Benfica in Portugal on Wednesday night. It is the first time they have failed to get out of the group stages for 11 years, despite being arguably the least taxing of all of the groups they have been drawn in. So is it time for Sir Alex Ferguson to abandon his hopes of a second Champions League title and call it a day at Old Trafford?

With just one win from six games and only three goals to their name, United came a miserable fourth place in Group D, meaning that they don't even get the consolation of a place in the UEFA Cup. Once again, they were desperately short of ideas at Benfica, rarely threatening to find the one goal they needed to turn a disaster into qualification.

Does the buck stop with the manager, whose European tactics seem to have been badly misjudged this season, or with the underperforming players? Do you think Fergie and United can bounce back from this to use their lack of continental football to build a concerted domestic challenge to Chelsea? Will the Glazers accept such a crushing financial blow so early on in their reign?

Have your say!

No way. I believe the buck stops with players who aren't in form. Ferguson has been a champion coach and a coach cannot lose form...unlike players...he can lose interest though...maybe that is happening.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    No way. I believe the buck stops with players who aren't in form. Ferguson has been a champion coach and a coach cannot lose form...unlike players...he can lose interest though...maybe that is happening.

can be but he shouldn´t leave ot beeing kicked out

i think in some ways some players have to be punished a bit maybe
    i don´t know how but ....ok

who you would say isn´t in form now ...?
  • Options
    Neville: 'We Weren’t Good Enough This Year'

Gary Neville succinctly summed up United’s premature European exit with defeat to Benfica on Wednesday: consistently below-par performances in Group D cost the Reds their place in the knockout stages.

The devastating 2-1 defeat to Benfica at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday saw United finish bottom of the group and without even the consolation of a Uefa Cup place, which went to third-placed Lille.

But the problems stem back to a campaign that saw United score only three goals and collect five points at home.

"It's not just tonight, but right throughout the campaign we haven’t been good enough," Neville told Sky Sports. "It just hasn’t happened for us.

"That’s very much unlike us because we normally do well at home and score lots of goals in the group stages. Qualifying for the knockout stages has been par for the course for us down the years, but unfortunately we haven’t achieved it this year."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson talked of a lack of composure, someone to slow the pace of the game and bring patience to United’s play. Neville clearly agrees.

"People will criticise us, and rightly so. Our performances haven't been up to the standards we have set ourselves."
    Gary Neville
    "It was a dream start in the first 15 minutes," he said. "We looked as if we were completely in control. But we didn’t react well after their first goal. After that we were all over the place at times.

"We lost our discipline a little bit. That’s disappointing because we’ve been doing very at keeping our shape in the last few weeks but… We got it back in the second half and played a lot better. By that point there was a difficult atmosphere to the game – their players were going down and wasting time. It’s difficult to get the goal you want because they’re doing everything possible to hang onto it."

After the first goal United needed to dictate the pace of the game, particularly from midfield. But, such was the desire to recover the lead, that a certain desperation sneaked into the team’s play.

However, United were not completely without experience. Alongside Neville, the Reds had Ryan Giggs, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand, Edwin van der Sar, Mikael Silvestre, all with vast European experience.

"There was experience out there," Neville said. "We just seemed to lose our way. I’m extremely disappointed."

"Now we have to stick together now and perform in the league. We've got an opportunity to close the gap on Chelsea."
    Gary Neville
    Neville anticipates a wave of criticism that he thinks will be deserved. But the Bury-born right-back says the team needs to pull together and transfer their focus to the Premiership and catching Chelsea.

"People will criticise us, and rightly so," he said. "Our performances haven’t been up to the standards we have set ourselves down the years.

"But from the team’s perspective we have to stick together now and perform in the league on Sunday against Everton. We’ve got a big league programme coming up and we have got to do well in those games.

"We have the opportunity in the next week with two league games [against Everton and Wigan] to close the gap on Chelsea. That is something we have been wanting to do for a long time.

"[My responsibilities] as captain and as a senior player stay the same," he added. "The senior players in the dressing room have to lift the other players.

"It was a bad result and there’s a lot of disappointment, but we have to train Friday and Saturday and then get ready for Everton on Sunday. We have a chance to put a show on for our fans at Old Trafford - that is what they deserve."
  • Options
    Yee haa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ajax are through :p

Ferguson will go at the end of the season - I'd put ANY money on it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Yee haa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ajax are through :p

Ferguson will go at the end of the season - I'd put ANY money on it.

no way fergi was so many times susesfull so only one time not
    but hey real madrid is the same and who is gone ....damn i hope fergi stays