Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    no way fergi was so many times susesfull so only one time not
    but hey real madrid is the same and who is gone ....damn i hope fergi stays

Nope, he shoulda retired a few years back. He'll be gone. This is the worst year yet for Utd. even with things like losing Keane and Best dying. It's just a bad year for them so I think he's best to leave before they go even further downhill and get away from the Glazers.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Nope, he shoulda retired a few years back. He'll be gone. This is the worst year yet for Utd. even with things like losing Keane and Best dying. It's just a bad year for them so I think he's best to leave before they go even further downhill and get away from the Glazers.

yes and that´s why he shouldn´t leave i belive he´s strong enough to build manu up again ...nobody can do that only him ..he knows the clup so well ...
  • Options
    Qualifiers

Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Olympique Lyon
    Real Madrid
    AC Milan
    PSV Eindhoven
    Inter Milan
    Rangers
    Barcelona
    Werder Bremen
    Arsenal
    Ajax Amsterdam
    Bayern Munich
    Juventus
    Villarreal
    Benfica

The first round draw will take place on December 16.

First-leg matches to be played on February 21 and 22, second-leg matches to be played on March 7 and 8.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    i´m not happy anymore :(:(:(:(:(
    i am have to clear up my pain ..........
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    didnt see the game but fuckin hell.....whats goin on?? I think fergie should go when he sees fit, but they do need to buy.........players like Stam, beckham(can understand why he was offloaded tho. was glad to see the back of him in england) and keane have not been replaced and too many are not up to it--like richardson, neville and fletcher............I really thought they'd prevail last nite and of all the english teams in europe they are the club that I like watching the most(maybe liv as well). In fact, regarding chelsea I just pray that they dont win the champs lge and never do....come on barca
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    didnt see the game but fuckin hell.....whats goin on?? I think fergie should go when he sees fit, but they do need to buy.........players like Stam, beckham(can understand why he was offloaded tho. was glad to see the back of him in england) and keane have not been replaced and too many are not up to it--like richardson, neville and fletcher............I really thought they'd prevail last nite and of all the english teams in europe they are the club that I like watching the most(maybe liv as well). In fact, regarding chelsea I just pray that they dont win the champs lge and never do....come on barca

not barca not chelsea not liverpool

maybe bremen:D

first we have to give them time but if they kick fergie no no no i hope soooooooo much no
  • Options
    Qualifiers

Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Olympique Lyon
    Real Madrid
    AC Milan
    PSV Eindhoven
    Inter Milan
    Rangers
    Barcelona
    Werder Bremen
    Arsenal
    Ajax Amsterdam
    Bayern Munich
    Juventus
    Villarreal
    Benfica
    Nice list there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Nice list there.

not for me:( but i´m fair enough to wish the teams good luck :D withouth us:D:(
  • Options
    Well I know it's not probable but it would be nice to see Ajax return to the glory days.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Well I know it's not probable but it would be nice to see Ajax return to the glory days.

when was the last time ajax got glory days -damn i was really young ....
  • Options
    when was the last time ajax got glory days -damn i was really young ....

Four champions leagues - 71/2/3 & 1995 - I only remember the last one cos I wasn't born for the first three.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    thanx;)....................
  • Options
    No prob and I found some interesting stuff there:

'The oldest Football Associations are:

England - founded 1863.
    Scotland - founded 1873.
    Wales - founded 1875.
    Ireland - founded 1880.'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    not barca not chelsea not liverpool

maybe bremen:D

first we have to give them time but if they kick fergie no no no i hope soooooooo much no
    ..einen wundersconen----what does this express/mean???? you are german right.
  • Options
    ...sorry, I meant---einen wunderschonen---. Some kind of teutonic greeting.
  • Options
    .........what??? who are you???
  • Options
    No prob and I found some interesting stuff there:

'The oldest Football Associations are:

England - founded 1863.
    Scotland - founded 1873.
    Wales - founded 1875.
    Ireland - founded 1880.'

mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh i know;)
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    ..einen wundersconen----what does this express/mean???? you are german right.

einen wunderschönen tag
    a wonderful day
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    .........what??? who are you???
    What do ya mean?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to apologise for his insulting gesture towards Benfica fans during the UEFA Champions League game on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old was caught on camera showing the middle finger to jeering supporters after being substituted in the second half of Manchester United's clash in Portugal.

Ronaldo, who used to play for Benfica's rivals Sporting Lisbon, was booed and shouted at every time he touched the ball, and his frustration finally boiled over as he left the pitch, but he is not sorry for his actions.

"I don't have to justify my gesture," he insisted.

"I felt the public treated me badly. They were unsympathetic and so I gave them my answer."

A Uefa spokesman announced that the winger could face a fine or even a ban if the incident was mentioned in the official match report.

"We are aware of what happened but we don't yet know if the disciplinary department will take any action," he said. "We will know more in a day's time.

"If the evidence has been presented to us or reported by the Uefa delegate a disciplinary case can be opened and action taken against the player
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has been charged by UEFA following his tackle on Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann in Tuesday's Champions League clash at Stamford Bridge.

The Ghana international caught the German midfielder below the knee after a late challenge during the goalless draw but was not punished by the referee.

The 23-year-old summer signing from Lyon will face a charge of gross sporting misconduct at a hearing on December 15.

Essien's tackle proved the main talking point from the game as, despite the result, both sides had already qualified for the last 16.

Hamann described the tackle as 'the worst I've suffered in my career' and questioned how Essien escaped formal punishment on the field from referee Herbert Fandel.

UEFA have now acted retrospectively after studying video footage of the incident, perhaps prompted by comments about the tackle from FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

Blatter pointed out that video evidence can be used for incidents not seen by the referee at the time.

This differs from another controversial incident involving Essien earlier in the season after a tackle on Bolton's Tal Ben Haim in a Barclays Premiership match.

On that occasion Essien was booked by Rob Styles, but after seeing replays the official later said he should have sent him off.

The Football Association, however, did not have power to upgrade the yellow card to a red on video evidence as the incident was deemed to have been dealt with on the field.

Essien's tackle on Hamann was not spotted by Fandel or his assistants.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    What do ya mean?
    ..............sorry, think I meant something yesterday, cannot recall what now. Nothing negative you know.......
  • Options
    World Cup draw in less than 3 hours time..anyone else gonna catch this on the telly?!

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    World Cup draw in less than 3 hours time..anyone else gonna catch this on the telly?!

waiting with baited breath my friend!!!

who do you hope for?
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    waiting with baited breath my friend!!!

who do you hope for?
    im just hoping my fave teams Italy and Germany avoid each other in the group stages lol.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    im just hoping my fave teams Italy and Germany avoid each other in the group stages lol.

dont fancy Italy for this year somehow. i reckon Germany will do very well.

1966 here we go again! revenge for the germans!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    dont fancy Italy for this year somehow. i reckon Germany will do very well.

1966 here we go again! revenge for the germans!!!!
    yep..the Italians have been experimenting alot with squad rotation..but i'll still fancy them.
    got their new away kit today..looks class!

England well..i predict the last 16 for them...

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep..the Italians have been experimenting alot with squad rotation..but i'll still fancy them.
    got their new away kit today..looks class!

England well..i predict the last 16 for them...

Italy have always had cool kits!! they invented the style that everyone else copied!

we even stole the tracksuits when we were there in the seventies!!

there is a good book you would like Axl,can't remember what its called but ill find out for ya. Its about the scousers going to Europe in the 70's and 80's and bringing the fashion back to this country,a true tale from a fans view on football and fashion as it began!!
  • Options
    Italy have always had cool kits!! they invented the style that everyone else copied!

we even stole the tracksuits when we were there in the seventies!!

there is a good book you would like Axl,can't remember what its called but ill find out for ya. Its about the scousers going to Europe in the 70's and 80's and bringing the fashion back to this country,a true tale from a fans view on football and fashion as it began!!
    ah yes this kit is so cool..and the name and numbering is even cooler..got del piero 7 printed on

wow cool..i never heard of such a book.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ah yes this kit is so cool..and the name and numbering is even cooler..got del piero 7 printed on

wow cool..i never heard of such a book.

Nice! ive got the liverpool top from when we played barca or juve(cant remember through all the trophies we won!!) in the uefa cup in 2001 and ive got 'Dalglish' and '7' on the back!!!

the book is cool though,its all about a group of scousers who went to all the games in Europe and started stealing all these tracksuits from the bigname fashion shops in Italy and France and Holland. They brought them back here and used to sell them in pubs or just on the street. Next thing everybody had one and there is this big surge in fashion and football and the culture it spawned!!

all thanks to the thieving scousers!!!