Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    we should do,middlesborough should be the toughest test before we go to japan. sunderland and wigan should be a stroll in the park.....
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    Ohhhh man i'm so happy i just discovered i have SoccerFoxChannel and GOL tv....... hell yeahhhhhhh :P that is soooooo badass......
  • Options
    Ohhhh man i'm so happy i just discovered i have SoccerFoxChannel and GOL tv....... hell yeahhhhhhh :P that is soooooo badass......

Good for you;)
    We don´t have it here i think ....
    so rock the field:D
  • Options
    Good for you;)
    We don´t have it here i think ....
    so rock the field:D

yeah hell yeah two 24 hour soccer channels, i feel like i jus hit the jackpot! :D
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    we should do,middlesborough should be the toughest test before we go to japan. sunderland and wigan should be a stroll in the park.....
    yeh...Boro should be tough...but good thing it's a home game..should pick up points
    Wigan..i hope its a stroll! ahaha...their bubble has finally burst!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh...Boro should be tough...but good thing it's a home game..should pick up points
    Wigan..i hope its a stroll! ahaha...their bubble has finally burst!

I know its a shame!! i wanted wigan to do well as they are a north west team!! but as long as we finish in the top four with wigan below us that suits me!! i reckon we can do better than the mancs this year. third fingers crossed.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    I know its a shame!! i wanted wigan to do well as they are a north west team!! but as long as we finish in the top four with wigan below us that suits me!! i reckon we can do better than the mancs this year. third fingers crossed.
    yeh...not top 4..but i dun wanna see Wigan get relegated..maybe a top 12..Everton can go get relegated though ;)
    if we spend well in January..i think we can push for second place or if Chelski screw up..even win the league!!!
    think we are gonna wear the ugly yellow kit from last season today....dont remember a good result in that kit :( cept for Leverkusen away
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh...not top 4..but i dun wanna see Wigan get relegated..maybe a top 12..Everton can go get relegated though ;)
    if we spend well in January..i think we can push for second place or if Chelski screw up..even win the league!!!
    think we are gonna wear the ugly yellow kit from last season today....dont remember a good result in that kit :( cept for Leverkusen away

oh jebus,that kit is awfull. the white one is the nicest one they've had in a while...

i got the tracksuit top the other day,the champs league one. its class!! very red and with 'the final-istanbul 2005' written around the liver bird on it!! the one they wore coming out of the tunnel. you seen it?
  • Options
    oh jebus,that kit is awfull. the white one is the nicest one they've had in a while...

i got the tracksuit top the other day,the champs league one. its class!! very red and with 'the final-istanbul 2005' written around the liver bird on it!! the one they wore coming out of the tunnel. you seen it?
    lol yeh..i just hope the rumors of Adidas taking over is true..i miss their kits!

ah yes..seen that..nice pick up!
    i have yet to receive my Champions League kit from the online store :mad:

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol yeh..i just hope the rumors of Adidas taking over is true..i miss their kits!

ah yes..seen that..nice pick up!
    i have yet to receive my Champions League kit from the online store :mad:

no way man thats about a week and a half you been waiting now isnt it?

the top i bought was the same price as the kits in the club shop! 40 nicker...
  • Options
    no way man thats about a week and a half you been waiting now isnt it?

the top i bought was the same price as the kits in the club shop! 40 nicker...
    they said there would be a 14 day delay due to overwhelming response..its been 20 days now..lol...

wow ok..thats a good price..was expecting it to be more expensive.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    they said there would be a 14 day delay due to overwhelming response..its been 20 days now..lol...

wow ok..thats a good price..was expecting it to be more expensive.

I know,there isnt much in the way of material,its not a winter coat but it does look good!!!!

thats bad man,they only had xx large when i went in the club shop so it must be bad!!
  • Options
    I know,there isnt much in the way of material,its not a winter coat but it does look good!!!!

thats bad man,they only had xx large when i went in the club shop so it must be bad!!
    now Rick Parry says they are planning to release the away kit with the 2 Champions Leagues badges in 2006 for those who missed out so i guess thats good.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    now Rick Parry says they are planning to release the away kit with the 2 Champions Leagues badges in 2006 for those who missed out so i guess thats good.

Thats cool,ill get that one i think.

whats your prediction for tonight then?
  • Options
    Thats cool,ill get that one i think.

whats your prediction for tonight then?
    Sunderland have 5 first team players out..so i would think a comfortable 0-2....but...knowing Liverpool..it could easily be a slim 1-0 for us or even a draw!!!
    we always screw up when the opportunity to close the gap is in front of us...hopefully this will change tonight!

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Sunderland have 5 first team players out..so i would think a comfortable 0-2....but...knowing Liverpool..it could easily be a slim 1-0 for us or even a draw!!!
    we always screw up when the opportunity to close the gap is in front of us...hopefully this will change tonight!

I know,but so far results after european games have gone our way and we havent conceded in four games so hopefully a 0-2 should be a good bet(cant ever bet on my own team but...!!).

The odds are good for crouchy to get one but id rather it be against chelski in the last group game so we topped the group! that would be the icing on the cake!!!
  • Options
    I know,but so far results after european games have gone our way and we havent conceded in four games so hopefully a 0-2 should be a good bet(cant ever bet on my own team but...!!).

The odds are good for crouchy to get one but id rather it be against chelski in the last group game so we topped the group! that would be the icing on the cake!!!
    yeh i know! we have improved our away form,our games after European games so maybe we can improve on not screwing up against lower sides :D

oh i would love Crouch to get his first goal against Chelski...would love to hear Mourinho's post match interview after that happens :)

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i know! we have improved our away form,our games after European games so maybe we can improve on not screwing up against lower sides :D

oh i would love Crouch to get his first goal against Chelski...would love to hear Mourinho's post match interview after that happens :)

there's no way he'd give one!! he'd do his usual trick and stick cech or robert huth out to face the grilling!!! s**tbag!!!
  • Options
    there's no way he'd give one!! he'd do his usual trick and stick cech or robert huth out to face the grilling!!! s**tbag!!!
    LOL!!
    well..i dont mind Crouchie scoring his first at Goodison Park in Dec too :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    LOL!!
    well..i dont mind Crouchie scoring his first at Goodison Park in Dec too :D

I reckon kewell is on borrowed time too,ive totally lost patience with him now. i wouldnt even notice him gone. Jaoqin,we need to get him in and keep zenden on the left and garcia behind the front two or one.
  • Options
    I reckon kewell is on borrowed time too,ive totally lost patience with him now. i wouldnt even notice him gone. Jaoqin,we need to get him in and keep zenden on the left and garcia behind the front two or one.
    Joaquin..might move to Chelski or Newcastle..best bet is Simao for the right side...im excited to see Mark Gonzalez play too..sounds a good player.
    with Zenden injured..Kewell should be starting tonight.
    i thought Kewell did ok when he came on for Cisse on saturday
    i din like Cisse's reaction one bit when he got substituted...that might have just sealed his plane ticket outta Anfield.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Joaquin..might move to Chelski or Newcastle..best bet is Simao for the right side...im excited to see Mark Gonzalez play too..sounds a good player.
    with Zenden injured..Kewell should be starting tonight.
    i thought Kewell did ok when he came on for Cisse on saturday
    i din like Cisse's reaction one bit when he got substituted...that might have just sealed his plane ticket outta Anfield.

i reckon,cisse's been warned about it before.
    simao would be good. Gonzales has been scoring in most of his reserve games aswel so bodes well for his first team start. kewell did ok but its still not the kewell we signed.
    his wife has been shouting her mouth off on im a celebrity.... so he's in the s**t anyway!!!!!
  • Options
    i reckon,cisse's been warned about it before.
    simao would be good. Gonzales has been scoring in most of his reserve games aswel so bodes well for his first team start. kewell did ok but its still not the kewell we signed.
    his wife has been shouting her mouth off on im a celebrity.... so he's in the s**t anyway!!!!!
    why can't wives just shut up!
    Kewell has already apologised for his wife's comments lol
    i hope today we see the old Harry Kewell cos damn he was truly a genius with the ball.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i hope today we see the old Harry Kewell cos damn he was truly a genius with the ball.

I know,she did it again after he apologised!!! said he's got more stretch marks than she has!!!

freaks,he's just turned into a weirdo now!! he'll be spitting at folk next!!
  • Options
    yeah hell yeah two 24 hour soccer channels, i feel like i jus hit the jackpot! :D

i can understand you.........
  • Options

what?.............about huth
  • Options
    was a good win last night :D
    Crouchie..how unlucky was he! lol..ah well as long as we won
    Rafa should have replaced Sissoko too..and move Stevie to the centre and then Garcia to the right...ah well..Hamann can come in and do a great job for Sissoko.
    what a performance from Alonso too!

got me CL kit too in the mail finally!
    the badges are awesome...its the same material as the EPL badges..great kit..only bad points are the iron on club badge and sponsor

YNWA
  • Options
    superb result!! Not seent the highlights yet as i was in a five a side game til ten!! from the newspaper reports we hammered them!! Fourth spot to boot!!
    second place on saturday!!

The Rafalution is now in full swing!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    A coupla weeks ago at the Aussie-Uruguay game he was nothing short of brilliant. Played as a winger, as he should be. Seemed like the Kewell during his golden Leeds days. He was totally ordinary in the Montevideo game, but the key thing is Hiddink gave him the full 90 minutes, so the solid match time definitely helped prepare him for the return leg. Something he was not able to get at Liverpool, be it due to injury reasons or tactical substitutions.

He also defends now. He needs to be played wide on the left, whether it's a 3-5-2, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    A coupla weeks ago at the Aussie-Uruguay game he was nothing short of brilliant. Played as a winger, as he should be. Seemed like the Kewell during his golden Leeds days. He was totally ordinary in the Montevideo game, but the key thing is Hiddink gave him the full 90 minutes, so the solid match time definitely helped prepare him for the return leg. Something he was not able to get at Liverpool, be it due to injury reasons or tactical substitutions.

He also defends now. He needs to be played wide on the left, whether it's a 3-5-2, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

I used to love the guy and when we signed him,i thought thats it,its just a matter of time before the league is ours!! And then game after game i kept finding myself thinking "thats not the kewell i thought we signed" every time he plays for us he has a below average game,apart from the olympiakos game in the champs league run up. He was awesome in that game. Benitez has given him enough chances but i think he needs to have a new challenge cos he clearly doesnt want to try hard enough for us. He is on a fat wage and just playing for status now and its not the liverpool way. Players around the world would die to wear that shirt. The most successfull club in English football..... get a grip Harry..........