Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    True about Curbs but at the same time Rangers are bigger team than Charlton and the press are saying he see's it as a stepping stone to England job..i'd still want Burley anyway
    If only Walter had come sooner!!!!! yeh and Ally McCoist!
    yup..Gers are a huuuuuuuuge club compared to most in the EPL..but the EPL just seems to be more attractive to managers and yeh i think Gers would be better with a Scot!

ah well..maybe 2010 then? lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Any Boca Juniors fans here? :D I'm one of them...lol :p SO we won 4-1 on the second leg against Inter of Porto and now we're going to the Southamerican Cup semifinals, WOOHOO! :D

Too bad Argentina lost, even though it was a friendly :( lol I think we've got a lil' problem there with last minute goals that completely change the outcome of the game, even though we played better....anybody remembers last year's (or was it the year before?) Cup America's final, Argentina VS. Brazil??? lol...yeah..that's what I'm saying :p

Anyway, I can't wait for the World Cup! :D Germany '06 here we come! :D:D:D

Peace,

Juli
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    me too but my town would be so overcrouded :(
    but one month will flow i hope a bit:D
  • Options
    ah and i hope soooooooooo much that portugal is playing here;) lol

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=561425650tr.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats to the Socceroos!!! :D:D:D lol You guys are going to the World Cup!

Wow....it's been a long time, hasn't it? You guys haven't been to a world cup since 1974 :( , I was kinda surprised to hear that actually.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Congrats to the Socceroos!!! :D:D:D lol You guys are going to the World Cup!
    Best day of my life. No question.

The big grin on my face... I must look like a total fool. I haven't changed this expression for like 20 hours now.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ...........so, the world cup next year. If I had to pick who my favourites to win would be id have to say: Brazil. Argentina, Germany. probabaly in that order as well, the reaction to englands beating the argies has been typically over the top. Had the game been of greater significance there surely wouldnt have been 5goals and in truth until riquelme went off I thought argentina were the better team. The deciding factor for england next year rests on rooney, without him threres little chance of them making an impact. Even with him I dont think they can lift the world cup...............................its kinda funny but though I was born in england I dont feel that patriotic fervour that others do. Part of it is maybe that a large portion of the english travelling support are inbreds, and maybe another part is not havin english parents but................hmmm........I always support english teams in the champions lge(with the exception of chesea)but the national team Im not really bothered in the sense that when they crash out I dont feel any angush...........am hoping the usa dont get anywhere thats for sure!!!
  • Options
    i fancy Brazil for the world cup
    Juninho..wow..what an underrated player..he is gonna make some headlines next summer but of course i hope Germany and Italy win it :D

ah finally club footie is back in business!
    big one this weekend too..the Old Firm derby!!!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i fancy Brazil for the world cup
    Juninho..wow..what an underrated player..he is gonna make some headlines next summer but of course i hope Germany and Italy win it :D

ah finally club footie is back in business!
    big one this weekend too..the Old Firm derby!!!

germany is far far away for winning the world cup there are so many good teams ...
  • Options
    germany is far far away for winning the world cup there are so many good teams ...
    Greece were far faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away too..you will never know ;)

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Greece were far faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away too..you will never know ;)

ok you are right but never a host won the world cup;)
  • Options
    England did

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    England did

ubs really i didn´t know when was that?
  • Options
    ubs really i didn´t know when was that?
    1966...their only World Cup

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    1966...their only World Cup

oh that was long time ago before me lol
    their only world cup england win .........
  • Options
    oh that was long time ago before me lol
    their only world cup england win .........
    its even longer time b4 me..haha..
    yup..their only for a long time too ;)

hahaha Roy Keane has quit Manure for real too btw

YNWA
  • Options

Whoa... r u sure? How about France '98? I'm pretty sure the French won that one.

Anyway, for this world cup my favs are Argentina, Italy, Spain, and Germany (in that order). I really HOPE Brazil doesn't win this one too. It takes away the fun of it. If they win every freakin' single time, it just takes away from the unpredictability of the cup and makes it pretty boring. It's someone elses' turn to win, imo ;)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Whoa... r u sure? How about France '98? I'm pretty sure the French won that one.
    yup..they did..and England in 66

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    its even longer time b4 me..haha..
    yup..their only for a long time too ;)

hahaha Roy Keane has quit Manure for real too btw

i know it´s not a good time for manu:(
    i have no clue what´s wrong with them
    ok ronaldo has a new deal with manu
    but it seems that ballack isn´t leaving for manu
    there are rummers that ballack is movin to barcelona :(
  • Options
    Ballack wants to join a Champions League winning team..and Manure just arent it..
    my bet is he will move to Real Madrid cos they have never found a good replacement for Claude Makelele

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Ballack wants to join a Champions League winning team..and Manure just arent it..
    my bet is he will move to Real Madrid cos they have never found a good replacement for Claude Makelele

nobody knows maybe by next year we know ...
  • Options
    nobody knows maybe by next year we know ...
    yeh..he will probably join whoever after the World Cup
    definitely no January transfer cos he will be cup-tied in european games for his new team

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..he will probably join whoever after the World Cup
    definitely no January transfer cos he will be cup-tied in european games for his new team

the rummers seems that he will do the change before the world cup but maybe he just stay in munic...
  • Options
    the rummers seems that he will do the change before the world cup but maybe he just stay in munic...
    hmm..i dont think he will stay..hes already pretty old so i think now is the best time to try a new challenge

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hmm..i dont think he will stay..hes already pretty old so i think now is the best time to try a new challenge

yes i belive so it´s the best for him to leave munic to be more big and popular than he is ....
  • Options
    yes i belive so it´s the best for him to leave munic to be more big and popular than he is ....
    yup..i think hes bored of just winning German trophies...he wants to win the Champions League badly too

YNWA
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    The only one in Makelele's class is Vieira, and they missed out. Pablo Garcia isn't Makelele, but outside of these two, Garcia is right up there.

Ballack is a box-to-box midfielder. Makelele is an anchor. Playing Ballack in the Makelele role would seriously constrain his attacking abilities, and his defence isn't as good as Garcia.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    that is true...Ballack needs space to attack...midfielders nowadays just cannot defend.
    Real should have never sold Makelele.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    that is true...Ballack needs space to attack...midfielders nowadays just cannot defend.
    Real should have never sold Makelele.

that´s true.
    and yeap real made a mistake by let makelele go...anyways it seems that there will be a didssion from ballack in january...
  • Options
    that´s true.
    and yeap real made a mistake by let makelele go...anyways it seems that there will be a didssion from ballack in january...
    last i read he will be staying in January from SkySports
    it will be silly to move in January.
    also it seems he wont join Manure cos he wants a 5 year deal and Manure dont wanna offer him that cos hes already 29

YNWA