The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Naaaahhh, that means nothing to an Irish person :p

But I DO see our group being very very close... it may be an 'easy' group but I think all teams are equally 'ok' and the top 4 teams will give eachother a good fight. Wales will give us all a run for our money too and Cyprus are potentially slippery.

i know:D yea maybe but first i see this year and than...2008
    West Ham v Blackburn

Upton Park
    Saturday, 28 January
    Fourth Round
    Kick-off: 1500 GMT
    Referee: Martin Atkinson (Yorkshire)

Wolves v Man Utd

Molineux
    Sunday, 29 January
    Fourth Round
    Kick-off: 1600 GMT
    Referee: Uriah Rennie (Yorkshire)
    WAYNE ROONEY was the unlikely peacemaker in the tunnel ruck at Old Trafford.

The England superstar, known for losing his temper, stepped in during the half-time bust-up between the Manchester United and Blackburn players in Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final tie.
  • WAYNE ROONEY was the unlikely peacemaker in the tunnel ruck at Old Trafford.

The England superstar, known for losing his temper, stepped in during the half-time bust-up between the Manchester United and Blackburn players in Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final tie.

Yeh, like everyone will listen to him :D . Can you imagine him stepping into a fight saying 'come on let's all be friends'. I don't think many people would really respect his input as a peacemaker
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Yeh, like everyone will listen to him :D . Can you imagine him stepping into a fight saying 'come on let's all be friends'. I don't think many people would really respect his input as a peacemaker

i think he has changed into a calm guy but i don´t know him so who knows
    THE BOY'S A BIT SPECIAL
    Anton Ferdinand

Anton 'Lips' Ferdinand

Born: Peckham, 18/02/1985 Position: Defender

Nickname: For some reason I've become known as 'Lips' by the boys at West Ham.

As a boy I supported: West Ham. I've been at the club since the age of nine and obviously my brother was here as well.

Strengths: My passing and reading of the game.

Weaknesses: I need to improve on everything. In the Premiership , you need to be thinking all the time because if you switch off for even one second, you will be in trouble. I've had to take my game to another level this season.

Heroes: I love to watch Maradona and Pele on video. They had so much flair and ability on the ball it was frightening.

Highlights: Helping West Ham to promotion last year will live with me for a long time. Making my England U21 debut against the Ukraine was also special.

Lowlights: Seeing West Ham relegated in 2002-03. While I only made the bench once that season, I was still in and around the squad and it was heartbreaking when we finally went down.

Biggest practical joker: Bobby Zamora is always having a laugh and people like him make training enjoyable every day. He loves coming in early just so he can park his car in the gaffer's space.

School report: Just the four GCSEs I'm afraid. I used to like music, PE and the sciences but I always intended to become a footballer.

Wheels: I started out with a silver Peugeot 206 but I've now got a Chrysler 300.

Kicks: I love to sing in my spare time. I'm in the process of laying down a few tracks with my mates in Peckham and we'll see what happens. Please note I said 'sing' not 'rap'. I leave that to Nigel Reo-Coker, when he's not forgetting the words!

Describe yourself in five words: Kind, ambitious, hard-working, funny, calm.

If I hadn't been a footballer: I'd have been in the music business and possibly as a singer or backing vocalist. My influences are Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Usher and Craig David. I can also play the drums and I'm learning to play the piano.

In five years time I'll be.. Doing well in the Premiership and hopefully playing for England alongside my brother.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    NO!..his work is done now ;)
    i heard theres more to reveal aboot Sven this weekend and everyone seems positive that it will force him to leave England asap...interesting :)
    im sad honestly..cos i enjoyed see England get wrecked by Sven :(
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i heard theres more to reveal aboot Sven this weekend and everyone seems positive that it will force him to leave England asap...interesting :)

i didn´t enjoy so it´s not sad he leaves...
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Lol, I agree to a certain extent but think of it this way... who are they gonna get? Let's hope O'Neill doesn't come out of wife caring for THEM.

Oooohhh... looking forward to this information :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Sven's a fuckin perv..... mind you if i was born and raised in Sweden then i'd be a perv too...fuckin blond women with big boobs and endless vodka sources... i am a fuckin perv already though...:confused: perhaps I'm secretely Swedish :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Sven's a fuckin perv..... mind you if i was born and raised in Sweden then i'd be a perv too...fuckin blond women with big boobs and endless vodka sources... i am a fuckin perv already though...:confused: perhaps I'm secretely Swedish :o

mmmmmm...Princess Madeleine
    blonde or brunette..Sweden have some of the most gorgeous women i ever seen!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    blonde or brunette..Sweden have some of the most gorgeous women i ever seen!

i tell you man... some of the ones ive seen on the internet had no hair at all :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i tell you man... some of the ones ive seen on the internet had no hair at all :eek:

good looking women mostley come from brazil or other south american countrys
    aye... if you like hairy arms and legs....and armpits....and top lips.....and feet.........and under their eyelids.

Scandanavian women are the best for sure.... the extreme cold leaves them in a state of permanent nip erectness.... which is great, especially for hanging a wet duffel coat... :D
  • good looking women mostley come from brazil or other south american countrys

:D NOOOOOOOO there are so many beautiful women in every country and culture. Well i haven't seen an extremely attractive aboriginal woman from Australia yet but then again I've never met one in real life.

This thread is going off topic but i'm liking the road it's taking...
    :D NOOOOOOOO there are so many beautiful women in every country and culture. Well i haven't seen an extremely attractive aboriginal woman from Australia yet but then again I've never met one in real life.

This thread is going off topic but i'm liking the road it's taking...
    off course in every country on this planet are beau women
    so back to the therm foothball again!!!
  • Qualifications for EC 2000:
    England, Sweden, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg

EC Group 2000:
    England, Germany, Portugal, Romania

Qualifications for WC 2002:
    England, Germany, Finland, Greece, Albania

WC 2002 Group:
    England, Argentina, Nigeria, Sweden

Qualifications for EC 2004:
    England, Turkey, Slovakia, Macedonia, Liechtenstein

EC Group 2004
    England, Italy, Spain, Germany :o

Qualifications for WC 2006:
    England, Poland, Austria, northern Ireland, Wales, Azerbaijan

WC 2006 group:
    England, Paraguay, Sweden, Trinidad & Tobago
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Qualifications for EC 2000:

EC Group 2000:

WC 2002 Group:

EC Group 2004

WC 2006 group:

Looks like only the last 2 draws have been lucky for them :o
    Qualifications for EC 2000:

EC Group 2000:

WC 2002 Group:

EC Group 2004

WC 2006 group:

i might be blond but ?????
  • Looks like only the last 2 draws have been lucky for them :o

I can see 6 out of 8 groups where they would have been 99% confident.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    EC Group 2004
    those teams were definitely not grouped together
    Italy had Sweden,Denmark etc...Germany had the Czechs,Dutch and England had like France and 2 other countries

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Italy had Sweden,Denmark etc...Germany had the Czechs,Dutch and England had like France and 2 other countries

damn something to forget for some coutrys !!!lol

i just remember the final in our portugese erea to watched it overcrouded lots of fun and @the end portugese and greece party friendly together;);)
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Oh :o Sorry. England, France, Switzerland & Croatia... I was looking at the pots instead of the groups :rolleyes:

Sorry.

http://www.rdasilva.demon.co.uk/major.html#europe
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I can see 6 out of 8 groups where they would have been 99% confident.

Well if they have always been the number one draw of their groups they of course most likely will have the upper hand but still the number 2 draws have been pretty tough Swe,Ger,Arg,Ita and Turkey who was 3rd in WC in South Korea

Romania and Bulgaria are solid teams at home at least.

2002 was the last decent qualifier from us :( 2-2 and 0-0 against Germany 0-0 and 1-2 against England and Greece 5-1 in Helsinki. As a Finland fan only nice memories are from the few good games in the qualifiers years ago LOL
  • Oh :o Sorry. England, France, Switzerland & Croatia... I was looking at the pots instead of the groups :rolleyes:

Sorry.

http://www.rdasilva.demon.co.uk/major.html#europe

Ok, I thought it looked tough but i can't remember shit from the past tournaments so it fooled me. Still France&Croatia pretty good.
    but all this is/are in record books and they will be new written this year and than 2008 ......
    West Ham's new �7million striker Dean Ashton will have to wait for another week to make his club debut after failing to recover from a groin injury in time to feature in Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Blackburn.

Hammers boss Alan Pardew indicated the England Under-21 international would not even be ready to feature on the bench.

Pardew is also without goalkeeper Roy Carroll, whose persistant back problem has flared up again, while Christian Dailly will fill in at right back following Tomas Repka's move to Sparta Prague.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is almost certain to be without Craig Bellamy because of a recurrence of his hamstring problem, and he joins Paul Dickov (shoulder) on the sidelines.

Shefki Kuqi is Hughes' only remaining fit first-team front man and he is expected to be partnered by David Bentley in a patched-up forward line.

Teams

West Ham (from): Hislop, Bywater, Dailly, Ferdinand, Gabbidon, Collins, Konchesky, Clarke, Reo-Coker, Mullins, Fletcher, Benayoun, Etherington, Noble, Newton, Sheringham, Harewood, Zamora, Aliadiere, Katan.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Todd, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Matteo, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Bentley, Kuqi, Enckelman, Emerton, Gray, Peter, Johnson, Mokoena, Reid.
    Ryan Giggs will miss Manchester United's FA Cup clash at Wolves after picking up a hamstring injury in the midweek win over Blackburn.

The veteran Welshman felt the problem early in the game and was replaced after 13 minutes as a precaution.

Park Ji-sung is available again this weekend after a knee injury, while Cristiano Ronaldo returns from suspension.

Striker Tomasz Frankowski could make his Wolves debut in the fourth-round clash.

The Poland international joined Wanderers for �1.4million from Spanish side Elche, but his availability for the Cup clash depended on international clearance, which arrived at Molineux in time.

But long-term absentees George Ndah and Mark Clyde remain sidelined by respective knee ligament and hip problems.

Defender Jackie McNamara will miss the rest of the season thanks to cruciate knee ligament damage, while goalkeeper Matt Murray has yet to regain full fitness following surgery to repair a twice-broken foot.

Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Evra, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Richardson, Fletcher, Smith, Park, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Saha, Rossi.
  • Now this thread is getting too hectic. I'm starting to miss the "women of the world" conversation