The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Cisse needs to go,he's not good enough. should have put that chance away.....
    hes a very frustrating player to watch and manage...one week he can be on fire..then completely turn off for the next 3 weeks.
    Morientes was awful as well...Crouch needs a better strike partner..heard Rafa's keen on Defoe but with Mido away on international duty,looks like Sperms will keep him for January.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    hes a very frustrating player to watch and manage...one week he can be on fire..then completely turn off for the next 3 weeks.
    Morientes was awful as well...Crouch needs a better strike partner..heard Rafa's keen on Defoe but with Mido away on international duty,looks like Sperms will keep him for January.

we have been linked with shaun wright phillips on loan so he can get to the world cup,we need a natural goalscorer though. Since owen left wee havent got one and thats all we need......
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    fucking robbing bastards..............we dominated most of that game and cisse should have won it.

should have left crouch on and took cisse off.

gerrard was poor.

FUCKIN MANC BASTARDS.......!!

Ah well,ladygoodiva,have your moment of joy cos we'll still be above you with our two games in hand.....

Bet,what bet......................?? ;)

i just hope you´ll loose it !!!!
    we have been linked with shaun wright phillips on loan so he can get to the world cup,we need a natural goalscorer though. Since owen left wee havent got one and thats all we need......
    SWP has been off form cos he hasnt had many games and i dont think he might be good enough.
    yeh we need a natural striker badly..Crouch will benefit as well.
    Crouch was taken off cos of a dead leg by the way..thats why Cisse stayed on
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    its ok..you have every right to celebrate a massive victory..i would have done the same lol..
    with this loss..i think 2nd place is the best target even if we do beat Chelski.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    its ok..you have every right to celebrate a massive victory..i would have done the same lol..
    with this loss..i think 2nd place is the best target even if we do beat Chelski.

for us bec. we allready beat chelsea:p:D
    Last-gasp Ferdinand gives United 1-0 win over Liverpool
    Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:01 PM GMT16
    Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS

MANCHESTER, England, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Rio Ferdinand thumped home a header in the 90th minute to give Manchester United a 1-0 Premier League win over Liverpool on Sunday.

The second- and third-placed teams appeared to have cancelled each other out in a midfield-dominated clash high on effort but short of goal chances.

In the 62nd minute Ferdinand cleared a Mohamed Sissoko effort off the line, Edwin van der Sar saved Harry Kewell's subsequent shot and Djibril Cisse blazed the rebound over the bar.

United snatched the points when Ryan Giggs curled in a free kick from the left and England centre back Ferdinand rose unchallenged to head past Pepe Reina.

The win takes United to 48 points and closed the gap to leaders Chelsea to 14 points after the champions were held to a 1-1 home draw by Charlton Athletic earlier. Liverpool stay third, four points behind United but with two games in hand.
  • When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    Ferdinand sinks Liverpool:p:p:p

Posted at 7:02am on 23 Jan 2006

An injury time winner from Rio Ferdinand was enough to give Manchester United a 1-0 win over third place Liverpool at Old Trafford and move United 4 points clear of their rivals in second place in the English soccer Premiership this morning.

Meantime Premiership leaders Chelsea could only manage a 1-1 draw with struggling Charlton at Stamford Bridge, where they also had defender Ricardo Carvalho sent off.

In Scotland, leaders Celtic were 3-1 winners away at Motherwell, whilst in the African Cup of Nations, Tunisia lead Zambia 2-1.
    for us bec. we allready beat chelsea:p:D
    thats sad actually...Manure have beaten all their closest rivals yet havent secured a good position themselves.
    im fucking depressed now..but i would be more depressed usually but not this time cos Manure have proven that they only show up for the bigger games..so yeh..the only way Manure will finish 2nd is if Liverpool fail to win their games in hand or start a losing streak which i don't see happening.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats sad actually...Manure have beaten all their closest rivals yet havent secured a good position themselves.
    im fucking depressed now..but i would be more depressed usually but not this time cos Manure have proven that they only show up for the bigger games..so yeh..the only way Manure will finish 2nd is if Liverpool fail to win their games in hand or start a losing streak which i don't see happening.

i dont see that too (i feel a bit bad bec. i am happy )-sorry...
    i dont see that too (i feel a bit bad bec. i am happy )-sorry...
    i just hate losing...Manure or Sunderland..losing is painful...the positive side to it is we have improved from last season.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i just hate losing...Manure or Sunderland..losing is painful...the positive side to it is we have improved from last season.

i feel with you-;)
    Rio not worried about Blues

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand insists his side are focused on maintaining their momentum rather than catching Chelsea after beating Liverpool at Old Trafford.

Ferdinand snatched the winner with a minute remaining, heading past Jose Reina from Ryan Giggs' cross from the left.

United's win put them 14 points behind champions Chelsea, closing the gap on the champions after Jose Mourinho's men drew at home against Charlton.

Ferdinand told Sky Sports: "We have to make sure we do our own job and if other teams drop points then so be it."

Giggs was effective in central midfield, and he added: "You never give in. Late in the game you think it could be a draw but you never give up.

"Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world and the rivalry is massive. It's nice to play them and even better to beat them.

"Everyone worked hard as a team and that's what you have to do."

Ferdinand also produced a fine clearance off the line after confusion in the penalty area when the scores were level.

"If that had gone in it would have been a different," the centre-back added.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted with snatching the win after predicting a tight encounter.

"When you win so late on it's a great feeling," he told Sky Sports.

"Liverpool are a very difficult side to play against, a very powerful side. But we thought we had a bit of quality and because of the last 20 minutes we thought we deserved it.

"It was a very tight game, about two chances in the whole match. It's such an important fixture that you have to expect that.

"We were forced a little because John O'Shea went off and we had a problem with that to do with Wayne Rooney. We had an option to play three up front, which made us a threat again."

Liverpool came closest through Djibril Cisse, who blazed over the bar from close range as he picked himself off the ground from an earlier challenge.

"It was a surprise but it was clear," Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez told Sky Sports.

Benitez, whose side could still overtake United into second if they win their games in hand, felt his side had the better of the game.

He added: "We lost a game we were controlling, we have to think about that. It was the last minute, so it was a disappointing day.

"It's always difficult to lose in the last minute. We know we have two games in hand, we know it's a long way and we have to keep going."
    WEST HAM UTD v FULHAM
    Barclays Premiership
    Monday, January 23
    Live on Monday Night Football
    7.30pm, Sky Sports 1 (KO 8pm)
    This should be a very good game I have to say. West Ham and Fulham both like to attack and play their football, and Upton Park under the lights always seem to make for a great atmosphere.

It also helps that the Hammers have got back to winning ways after a tricky Christmas and that Fulham have brought in a couple of players to enhance the quality at his disposal.

It should be an end-to-end affair with plenty of chances, which will give us the perfect opportunity to see what a good signing Anti Niemi is. He will make a big difference to Fulham.

Even when he was at Rangers and couldn't oust Andy Goram and then at Hearts, I always thought he was tailor-made for the Premiership. He is a great stopper and very calm, which should help a defence that has made too many basic errors this season.

Tony Warner and Mark Crossley have both done well, but with both there was always going to come a time when they were going to make a costly mistake and I was not surprised when Chris Coleman brought Niemi in.

I also think Wayne Bridge is a shrewd piece of business as well, because whenever I have seen Fulham this season, they have always looked vulnerable down the flanks. Now with Bridge and Luis Boa Morte down the left and Steed Malbranque getting back to form on the right, they look a lot more solid.

They will miss Papa Bouba Diop in the middle but I still think they need one more in there and think Stilian Petrov at Celtic would be perfect. Fulham tend to attack from wide positions and Petrov is great at making those runs into the box - Boa Morte and Malbranque do love to, and are encouraged to, bomb forward, but they usually do so from out wide.

This will also be a good chance to compare two sets of strikers, who many people doubted would get goals in the Premiership, me included.

Both Brian McBride and Collins John have found the net for Fulham and you have to admire the American in particular. He knows his limits but week in week out he gets the best out of his ability and even if he doesn't find the target, never stops working. John has done OK, but is still a little rough around the edges - perhaps someone experienced in the Andy Cole mould would also help Fulham - but both of them are a handful.

The same goes for Marlon Harewood and Bobby Zamora, who have not only surprised me, but a lot of Premiership defenders this season. Teddy Sheringham has also played his part and although he has been out for some time, I am sure he is a massive influence on the training field as well.

But as well as the strikers have done for Alan Pardew, it has been the West Ham defence that has surprised me most. I thought, the way the club has always been geared towards attacking football, that they would be alright going forward. If they were going to struggle anywhere, it was going to be in defence.

That just hasn't been the case. Anton Ferdinand, Danny Gabbidon and Tomas Repka - who will be a big loss and tough to replace in a tight-nit squad - have all done extremely well and West Ham are going to be safe this season because of that defensive resilience.

In fact, Pardew and his entire squad deserve some credit. They have a great togetherness and that is why even when they go a goal behind you cannot rule them out. The whole squad clearly gets on, they know what they are doing and I have been impressed with the way everybody knows their role and how they fit into the pattern.

Unfortunately for the Hammers, I'm afraid I fancy Fulham to win this. They are good going forward and as tight at the back as they've been, West Ham do let you express yourself out on the park. Either way it makes for a great game for the neutral.
  • real madrid just played real well and i'm thinking the new coach is making the difference..............beckham was fucking spectacular
    real madrid just played real well and i'm thinking the new coach is making the difference..............beckham was fucking spectacular

I heard about that who again?
    http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5100142,00.jpg

and on wendsday manu vs Blackburn rovers(CC)
    go United!!!
    Defender puts lurid headlines in the past
    By James Ducker
    IT MIGHT SEEM STRANGE TO suggest that Rio Ferdinand has come of age in the past two months when the defender is 27, but that is what has happened. A season that started so miserably all of a sudden looks rosier for Ferdinand and while his dramatic return to form might not be enough to earn his club the trophy they crave, it is good news for England as they prepare for the World Cup finals in Germany this summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped privately that Ferdinand’s first goal in 140 appearances for Manchester United against Wigan Athletic last month would signal the end of one of the most turbulent periods in the player’s life and the manager’s wish seems to have been granted. Ferdinand marshalled the defence superbly against Liverpool, but that alone, it seems, is no longer good enough for him.

He wants to make a greater contribution, and for the third time in nine Barclays Premiership games, he was true to his word, popping up to power home Ryan Giggs’s free kick at the death.

“There is no reason why he can’t offer that (more goals),” Ferguson said. “It gives him the confidence and encouragement to attack the ball as he did today. It was a marvellous leap. He is 6ft 4in, he has a big enough head and a good spring so there is no reason why he can’t (score more).”

Quite what Ferguson meant by “big enough head” is unclear, but there was no mistaking the irony of his choice of words. Ferdinand has been too arrogant for too many people’s liking in recent years, but at last he appears to have taken a leaf out of John Terry’s book and decided that it is time to display leadership qualities hitherto conspicuous by their absence.

The lurid headlines that Ferdinand has generated over the past 3½ years must have had the scriptwriters of Footballers’ Wives, the ITV drama, rubbing their hands with glee, but United supporters, not to mention Ferguson, have reason to believe that the soap opera that has been his life has now reached its conclusion.

Ferdinand heads off Liverpool revival
    Ferguson enjoys United stand
    Victory fails to disguise shift in local power
    Defender puts lurid headlines in the past
    Chelsea bent but not broken

BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP
    Click team for page
    Last updated: January 23, 2006
    Pos Club name P GD Pts
    1 Chelsea 23 37 62
    2 Man Utd 23 22 48
    3 Liverpool 21 17 44
    4 Tottenham 23 12 41
    5 Arsenal 22 18 37
    6 Wigan 23 -1 37
    7 Bolton 21 7 36
    8 Blackburn 22 2 34
    9 Man City 23 3 31
    10 West Ham 22 -2 29
    11 Charlton 21 -4 29
    12 Everton 23 -15 29
    13 Fulham 22 -4 26
    14 Newcastle 22 -5 26
    15 Aston Villa 23 -6 26
    16 West Brom 23 -11 22
    17 Middlesbro 22 -13 22
    18 Birmingham 22 -11 19
    19 Portsmouth 23 -23 17
    20 Sunderland 22 -23 9

ADVERTISEMENT
    hey i can´t wait anymore ....manu vs west ham on the 25th of february if i remember it right !!!I wanna be there than @old trafford....
    NOT BAD FOR A LAZY PLAYER, SVEN( :D:D;);))
    Rio CLEARS ball off the line and then SCORES winning goal in last minute MAN UTD 1 LIVERPOOL 0
    By David Mcdonnell

RIO FERDINAND made a mockery of Sven Goran Eriksson's claim that he is lazy with a stunning last-minute goal to give Manchester United victory over arch rivals Liverpool.

Eriksson had stung Ferdinand with his indiscreet views, but the England coach - who was watching at Old Trafford - was made to look a fool as the United defender turned in a man-of-the-match display.

As well as grabbing the winner, which Eriksson missed because he had already left the ground, Ferdinand made a goal-line clearance to keep United on course to clinch second spot in the Premiership.

And the England defender could not contain his delight at scoring the winner. "It was brilliant," said Ferdinand.

"But the goal-line clearance was just as crucial.

"I just stuck my head on the end of it and I was so glad when it went in."
    DREAM TEAM RATINGS
    MANCHESTER UTD

LIVERPOOL

Edwin van der Sar

Jose Reina

Gary Neville

Steve Finnan

STAR MAN:
    Rio Ferdinand

Jamie Carragher

Wes Brown

Sami Hyypia

Patrice Evra

John Arne Riise

Darren Fletcher

Steven Gerrard

John O'Shea

Xabi Alonso

Ryan Giggs

Mohamed Sissoko

Kieran Richardson

Harry Kewell

Wayne Rooney

Peter Crouch

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Djibril Cisse
    SUBS
    Saha (for O'Shea) 6. Not used: Vidic, Silvestre, Rossi, Howard.

SUBS
    Kromkamp (for Sissoko) 6, Morientes (Crouch) 6, Sinama-Pongolle (Cisse) 6. Not used: Traore, Dudek.
    what do you think this seems like a joke for me...

Hamburg have turned their attention to Besiktas striker Ailton after losing out on their number one target Dagoberto.

Atletico Paranaense, the Brazilian club soon to be coached by Lothar Matthaus, would not budge on their valuation of the 22-year-old striker and Hamburg now appear to have set their sights on a more familiar Brazilian.

Ailton is unsettled with Besiktas and can leave for 1.5 million euros and his Bundesliga experience could open the door to a move back to his favourite north of Germany.

As a Werder Bremen player, Ailton won the Bundesliga and golden boot award in 2004 before moving to Schalke.

After a disappointing season with the Royal Blues, Ailton moved to Besiktas last summer but has failed to settle their either.

While Dortmund and Cologne signalled their interest in the 32-year-old before Christmas, HSV appear more serious about signing him.

"Ailton is one of our options," said Hamburg team manager Bernd Wehmeyer to ARD television.

"Our director of sport Dietmar Beiersdorfer will be looking into a transfer."
    though game :

onday 23rd January , 15.15 GMT
    Nigeria

v

Ghana
    any need??????

for sure yesterday yes!!!!

a red devil until after death;);)
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    what a shitty game yesterday, liverpool and man u and thats the result!!!! If chelsea move any further in front the whole man u squad will have blurred vision.
    a bit alternation

http://fotball.adressa.no/multimedia/archive/00039/west_ham_vanlig_39449a.jpg

so who will win tonight west ham or fulham??