The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Up ye Boruc :D
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    7-0 !
    Gallas back in the heart of defense, Walcot kicking on.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    elmer wrote:
    7-0 !
    Gallas back in the heart of defense, Walcot kicking on.
    good to see hleb finally getting some props as well, that guy creates & creates & creates, an amazing player to watch with the ball at his feet. he's been at the heart of so many of our attacks this season. great that gallas is back too, but i really think kolo deserves the captaincy.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    itsevobaby wrote:
    good to see hleb finally getting some props as well, that guy creates & creates & creates, an amazing player to watch with the ball at his feet. he's been at the heart of so many of our attacks this season. great that gallas is back too, but i really think kolo deserves the captaincy.
    yeah twice this season Hleb has come near to having his leg broken, the noble challenge was the worst and he stayed on the field! Think the technical ability throughout the whole side is that which has never been seen in enlgish football, to compare us now to say the 91 title winning side just shows how football itself has moved on. No disrespect to them but perry groves, alan smith and others would be championship level today, perhaps only merson, limpar & adams would be still nearby.

Sagna looks a good buy too, can get stuck in when needed. Im starting to think the only domestic challenge will come from Man U
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    elmer wrote:
    yeah twice this season Hleb has come near to having his leg broken, the noble challenge was the worst and he stayed on the field! Think the technical ability throughout the whole side is that which has never been seen in enlgish football, to compare us now to say the 91 title winning side just shows how football itself has moved on. No disrespect to them but perry groves, alan smith and others would be championship level today, perhaps only merson, limpar & adams would be still nearby.

Sagna looks a good buy too, can get stuck in when needed. Im starting to think the only domestic challenge will come from Man U
    yeah the next couple of weeks is going to be an awesome challenge, i bet they can't wait to get out there & prove another point. sagna has been a great buy, will def ease the pressure when the african nations is on. the only problem is that it's giving wenger another selection headache & i'm not convinced about having eboue pushed up to the midfield. that said, eboue is still awesome coming forward, fast & strong, just think he lacks the delicate touches & passes that we need sometimes.

as for jens, on yer bike son, don't bring that shit round here mate :mad:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Good weekend there, Celtic walk it and Rangers get pumped. :)

Also, http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1863_2836116,00.html

Celtic invited to be part of g-14.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    That was a nice back-heel by Babel today against Besiktas :eek:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    That was a nice back-heel by Babel today against Besiktas :eek:
    His other goal was even better!!!
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Baystone wrote:
    His other goal was even better!!!
    Sportscenter only shows about 23 seconds of international soccer highlights each day. So I only got to see the back-heel :o
    NERDS!
  • Options
    BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Sportscenter only shows about 23 seconds of international soccer highlights each day. So I only got to see the back-heel :o
    Oh, ok. It wasn't really...A defender tried to clear it and kicked it into his back and it just sort of looped over the 'keeper. I don't even think he really knew about it.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Options
    1 Game to go and freaking Finland still has a chance (sort of) to qualify for our first ever major tournament LOL.

After 4 0-0 games ( Serbia away, Poland home, Belgium away and friendly vs. Spain) a "comfortable" 2-1 win at home against Azerbaidzhan (are they even close to Europe?) we only need a win, or depending on the results tonight, a draw in our away game against Portugal!

Jari "the god" Litmanen 36 years old is still going strong in the national team. It's sad yet cool, but if we actually make it i will walk to Austria/Switzerland to see them play. Coach Roy Hodgson would join Lordi of doing the impossible if it happens. Yes probably won't, but at least we have a chance so late in the qualifiers.

So, on Wednesday root for us dammit.

Group A
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/standings/index.html

Poland 12 24
    Portugal12 23
    Finland 13 23
    Serbia 12 20

17/11/07 Grp A Poland Belgium
    17/11/07 Grp A Serbia Kazakhstan
    17/11/07 Grp A Portugal Armenia

21/11/07 Grp A Serbia Poland
    21/11/07 Grp A Portugal Finland
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Sad day for Scotland :(

Holland made it today. They get qualified after fantastic match against Luxembourgh. We played leading, attacking and with soul power. Luxembourgh have seen every corner of the pitch and in the end we had an outstanding result of 1-0. :D Oh Luxembourgh had some wee chances at the end. :p
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Sad day for Scotland :(

Holland made it today. They get qualified after fantastic match against Luxembourgh. We played leading, attacking and with soul power. Luxembourgh have seen every corner of the pitch and in the end we had an outstanding result of 1-0. :D Oh Luxembourgh had some wee chances at the end. :p

That was a very poor game from Oranje.I was in Rotterdam for the game, we all knew that Holland will have several problems against us and it was a very good game from our Roud Leiwen. That was fighting-spirit! Unfortunaly we missed our two big chances and the end of the game but a 1-0 isn't that bad if you know that we only have two professionals and that we played against guys which cost 25 million euros!!!! Have you seen our goalie? What a fantastic game from Joubert!!! The best situation in the game was in the second halfth as the hole Kuip was admiring melchiot which just made a little dribbling and than lost his ball to Mario Mutsch which started a dribbling against Melchiot, Kuit and van der Vaart!!!! I hope that one day we'll gonna play against Holland again...and that it will end like 1963 ;)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    That was a very poor game from Oranje.I was in Rotterdam for the game, we all knew that Holland will have several problems against us and it was a very good game from our Roud Leiwen. That was fighting-spirit! Unfortunaly we missed our two big chances and the end of the game but a 1-0 isn't that bad if you know that we only have two professionals and that we played against guys which cost 25 million euros!!!! Have you seen our goalie? What a fantastic game from Joubert!!! The best situation in the game was in the second halfth as the hole Kuip was admiring melchiot which just made a little dribbling and than lost his ball to Mario Mutsch which started a dribbling against Melchiot, Kuit and van der Vaart!!!! I hope that one day we'll gonna play against Holland again...and that it will end like 1963 ;)
    To be honest I had hoped that one of your chances would end up in the goal. I can't be to bothered about this Oranje, the coach was a big player but he can't lead the team in a good way. I think Luxembourgh need a good attacker as I remember that they also missed 3 or 4 big chances at the home match against Oranje. If yours could have beat us like in 1963 then it was this 2 times. :)

And what do you think of the crowd of Oranje?? I think they suck hard balls, that's not the way to support a team. I've seen Scotland - Italy, well I wish Holland had such supporters as Scotland.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    To be honest I had hoped that one of your chances would end up in the goal. I can't be to bothered about this Oranje, the coach was a big player but he can't lead the team in a good way. I think Luxembourgh need a good attacker as I remember that they also missed 3 or 4 big chances at the home match against Oranje. If yours could have beat us like in 1963 then it was this 2 times. :)

And what do you think of the crowd of Oranje?? I think they suck hard balls, that's not the way to support a team. I've seen Scotland - Italy, well I wish Holland had such supporters as Scotland.

Seriously, i think that I found out why oranje won't win a thing in the next 30 years: They don't take football serious enough. Why is everybody coming in a costume? Why are they singing "Anton aus Tirol" in a football stadium...they play the national anthems and than a techno song followed by "We will Rock you" brrr that's frightning! That's too much "plastic", I missed the real emotions. You have fantastic players with technical skills from another planet but the supporter are spending all the efforts to whistle when our goalie is playing time and then they're quite...that's no fan-attitude. The supporters just want to see their team scoring, there was no real respect for our team or for our goalie which made a fantastic game. When we winned in Belarus a big part of the belarus-supporters stayed a little bit longer to give our team some applause and the Oranje supporters were just running out of the stadium. I understand that they were disappointed but I missed a real fan-culture, like the british ones.
    I don't like techno,costumes, flagwaving in a 3/4 tact, full-but quite stadiums and wanna be Laola waves. ( but the Kuip is a beautiful stadium)
  • Options
    by the way: Stevens will come to Eindhoven in 2008.
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Seriously, i think that I found out why oranje won't win a thing in the next 30 years: They don't take football serious enough. Why is everybody coming in a costume? Why are they singing "Anton aus Tirol" in a football stadium...they play the national anthems and than a techno song followed by "We will Rock you" brrr that's frightning! That's too much "plastic", I missed the real emotions. You have fantastic players with technical skills from another planet but the supporter are spending all the efforts to whistle when our goalie is playing time and then they're quite...that's no fan-attitude. The supporters just want to see their team scoring, there was no real respect for our team or for our goalie which made a fantastic game. When we winned in Belarus a big part of the belarus-supporters stayed a little bit longer to give our team some applause and the Oranje supporters were just running out of the stadium. I understand that they were disappointed but I missed a real fan-culture, like the british ones.
    I don't like techno,costumes, flagwaving in a 3/4 tact, full-but quite stadiums and wanna be Laola waves. ( but the Kuip is a beautiful stadium)
    Well you mention the exact points what I dislike about Oranje and their supporters. They must chance the techno music, they must forbidden the costums, they must forbig 'the wave' and they must support their team on the right way.

They should put up the song Radar Love, as intro to the match. That's dutch rock music. They should only wear Oranje football shirts. And get so loud to scare the opponent.
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    by the way: Stevens will come to Eindhoven in 2008.
    Yes, that's the best news what could happen. After Koeman we need a real PSV man as coach. Koeman is a salt-bag, he tells PSV is his fave club but when a club like Valencia is coming then he's away. Huub Stevens worked allready 18 years at PSV, he knows the club from the inside and the outside. And he is a good coach. :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well you mention the exact points what I dislike about Oranje and their supporters. They must chance the techno music, they must forbidden the costums, they must forbig 'the wave' and they must support their team on the right way.

They should put up the song Radar Love, as intro to the match. That's dutch rock music. They should only wear Oranje football shirts. And get so loud to scare the opponent.

Exactly. We were really disappointed from the Oranje crowd!!! I'm a member at the M-Block fanatics'95 that's one of the supporter club from our national team and we are more inspired by the british fan-culture and the italian one (for the tifos not for the violence). I missed Holland Flags, Football shirt, crowdsinging,...we weren't scared at all, there was no respect, a lot of us were just angry as the oranje crowd spended more time to whistle when our goalie was playing time then to support their team. Is this the same in the Clubs, are the supporter of Feynoord, PSV,...acting like when they support the national team??
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Exactly. We were really disappointed from the Oranje crowd!!! I'm a member at the M-Block fanatics'95 that's one of the supporter club from our national team and we are more inspired by the british fan-culture and the italian one (for the tifos not for the violence). I missed Holland Flags, Football shirt, crowdsinging,...we weren't scared at all, there was no respect, a lot of us were just angry as the oranje crowd spended more time to whistle when our goalie was playing time then to support their team. Is this the same in the Clubs, are the supporter of Feynoord, PSV,...acting like when they support the national team??
    No no, the club supporters are really different then the supporters of the national team luckly enough.

I always have the feeling about Oranje supporters that it isn't to support the national team, but just to have a nice day to go out and act like it it's carnaval. I have to say that the supporters on the tournaments are most of the times better then the supporters that are coming to the qualification matches.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    No no, the club supporters are really different then the supporters of the national team luckly enough.

I always have the feeling about Oranje supporters that it isn't to support the national team, but just to have a nice day to go out and act like it it's carnaval. I have to say that the supporters on the tournaments are most of the times better then the supporters that are coming to the qualification matches.

that's a kind of "sing when you're winning attitude". We were really wondering to see as lot of women and children in the stadium was like they were going to Walibi or something like that...
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    that's a kind of "sing when you're winning attitude". We were really wondering to see as lot of women and children in the stadium was like they were going to Walibi or something like that...
    It is a bit "sing when you're winning attitude" yes. But that's only with the national team. ;)

The reason of the woman and children is that otherwise the stadium isn't filled, the national bond invites amateure clubs/youth teams to go to see the match. And the carnaval/walibi supporters off course ;)

It was always like that with the national team. People are spoilt and only intrested in the big tournament. Matches in qualification poule has on television around 1 million watchers. The semi-final against Portugal on the EC2004 had 10 million watchers. And you know that Holland only has 16 million people.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    It is a bit "sing when you're winning attitude" yes. But that's only with the national team. ;)

The reason of the woman and children is that otherwise the stadium isn't filled, the national bond invites amateure clubs/youth teams to go to see the match. And the carnaval/walibi supporters off course ;)

It was always like that with the national team. People are spoilt and only intrested in the big tournament. Matches in qualification poule has on television around 1 million watchers. The semi-final against Portugal on the EC2004 had 10 million watchers. And you know that Holland only has 16 million people.

In another way it's better to fill up a stadium that way as to play in a ghost stadium. We have a little stadium in luxemburg with an approx. 9000 capacity and we'd be happy to fill it up even with such supporters. In normal games we have about 3000 spectators and it's very sad. We need a stadium like a mini kuip ;)
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    In another way it's better to fill up a stadium that way as to play in a ghost stadium. We have a little stadium in luxemburg with an approx. 9000 capacity and we'd be happy to fill it up even with such supporters. In normal games we have about 3000 spectators and it's very sad. We need a stadium like a mini kuip ;)
    I say better play in a full stadium of real supporter with a capacity of 25.000 then fill it with it with the walibi supporters. :) Luxembourgh is on the good way, next times yours will get more points. ;)
  • Options
    I think the England supporters are a bit upset now?
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    I think the England supporters are a bit upset now?
    -They were up against a very good team..

-They were nervous and started attacking without defending..

-They have an inexperienced, arrogant and weak minded manager..

-They have no knowledge of how other countries play football, as they all play in the domestic league...

-PLUS the league offers no chance to young homegrown talent...

-and, according to McClaren, 'The pitch were bad'... :rolleyes:

They deserved to be left out. A pathetic campaign altogether.
  • Options

-They have no knowledge of how other countries play football, as they all play in the domestic league...

God Save The Queen...and their Football!!!

Welcome in my world :D It's very cool to watch an Euro- or Worldcup without your Homecountry because you can enjoy it without any emotion you can watch it for the "beauty" of the game...
  • Options

1. True, I see Croatia coming very far on the EC tournament
    2. True, although it was a pity that England couldn't start with Terry, Rooney, Scholes, Owen and Ferdinand. That's alot of experience that could have been useful for this match.
    3. True, McLaren is an idiot. He should have started with Beckham.
    4. True, but if you play in the English Premier League then it doesn't mean that you have to loose of Croatia
    5. True, that's the whole problem of England. They all spend their money to foreigners who are stars allready, instead of putting money in their own youth.
    6. True, the pitch was bad. And yes, I thought Croatia played on the same pitch.

If you are not finished at the first above 2 places, then you don't deserve to be on the championship. :)
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    God Save The Queen...and their Football!!!

Welcome in my world :D It's very cool to watch an Euro- or Worldcup without your Homecountry because you can enjoy it without any emotion you can watch it for the "beauty" of the game...
    All I can say now is.... HOPP SCHWIIZ! :D
  • Options
    All I can say now is.... HOPP SCHWIIZ! :D

I hope that Les Bleus are going to make a great Competition, sorry to the scottsmen ;) and I would love to see CZE making a good competition, they have great players and they deserve to win it when you look what they played the last years...great Team and beautiful women ;)