Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Credit to Liverpool, didn't realize how good Torres was at the beginning of the season, actually thought he'd be a flop. As for the penalties.......does race playa smallish part in these decisions?

Ferguson's rant towards the end of the Middlesborough game and then at the award of the Roma pen were a disgrace...........Southgate shoulda stuck up for himself more, actually I'd
    \
    Come on Barca!!
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    so no more question again who is the strongest League in the world..
    pl
    by the way i am really angry
    hsv does not have a clue who will be the next after stevens
    what ashame
  • Options
    wow i have heard that real Madrid want to have cristiano ronaldo for 125 million ..that s much ..so you think Manu will sell him ?
  • Options
    I hope United knock Barca out. Still not forgiven them for the shite they spouted about us in the press 2 years ago. Looks like I want Liverpool to win it. What a shit selection.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    wow i have heard that real Madrid want to have cristiano ronaldo for 125 million ..that s much ..so you think Manu will sell him ?
    Yeah, if Real got in bed with UEFA and threw in a clause saying Manure are automatically granted the champions league title for the next 20 years. Failing that, no chance in hell.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    I hope United knock Barca out. Still not forgiven them for the shite they spouted about us in the press 2 years ago. Looks like I want Liverpool to win it. What a shit selection.
    i hopr for a whole english final :):):)
    and hat Manu win ....;)
  • Options
    oh no hsv from place 2 /3 to place 4 and maybe tommorow place 5
    steve will go and vdv after season ..hsv has a crisies:(:(
  • Options
    so news:
    Gerard Houllier shoud be or is on the way to be HSV new coach/teammanager

any comments???
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Sorry, I think a bad choice. Fred Rutten, coach of FC Twente, was the best HSV could choose. Probably he will sign for Schalke now :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Sorry, I think a bad choice. Fred Rutten, coach of FC Twente, was the best HSV could choose. Probably he will sign for Schalke now :)

i was wondering why it ha not happen...
    so why is he a bad choice'?
  • Options
    i was wondering why it ha not happen...
    so why is he a bad choice'?
    In my opinion, he did spend so many $$$$$$$$$ with Liverppol. And except of some b-cups (league cup, fa cup, UEFA cup) he never get close to the most important title, the championship :) Also with Lyon he didn't impress me.

There also rumours that Rutten stays at Twente now. FC Twente is becoming a real strong (sub)-topteam in Holland. And he allready bought players for next season. So time will tell ;)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    In my opinion, he did spend so many $$$$$$$$$ with Liverppol. And except of some b-cups (league cup, fa cup, UEFA cup) he never get close to the most important title, the championship :) Also with Lyon he didn't impress me.

There also rumours that Rutten stays at Twente now. FC Twente is becoming a real strong (sub)-topteam in Holland. And he allready bought players for next season. So time will tell ;)

ok...well i think slomka would be fitting to HSV..nobody can understand why they droped him ..hat would be cool i think..;)
  • Options
    oh well Hsv is now on place 4 not to bad ..but they have to play better
    really...
    vdv will say on august 31st if wanna leave hsv what a f...it is late than ..he is playing with us....:p
  • Options
    PSV CHAMPION 2007/2008 :D:D

4th title in a row
    7th title in 9 years
    21st title for PSV

We didn't play really well this season, but with some good new players we could do better next year again. :)
  • Options
    There's reports today in the British press claiming Ferguson will retire at the end of next season, if so I can see Ronaldo then making his getaway to Madrid. Inevitable at some stage as he's said himself it's "his dream to play in Spain", plus Manchester are more of a closed club than Madrid and the intensified attention and adulation will be right down his street.

Houllier set Liverpool on the path to success, they got closer to the title under him than Benitez has so far managed, and then there were his health problems which maybe set him back a tad.

Gonna be an interesting week!
  • Options
    go manu tonight ...i can not sream it here so loud:D;)
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    There's reports today in the British press claiming Ferguson will retire at the end of next season, if so I can see Ronaldo then making his getaway to Madrid. Inevitable at some stage as he's said himself it's "his dream to play in Spain", plus Manchester are more of a closed club than Madrid and the intensified attention and adulation will be right down his street.

Houllier set Liverpool on the path to success, they got closer to the title under him than Benitez has so far managed, and then there were his health problems which maybe set him back a tad.

Gonna be an interesting week!

than it makes sence to me ...well and i would have the chance to see him play live in a stadium ....;)

anyways klumpie Rutten has singned for schalke !!!
    and hsv still don t have anybody:(:(:(
  • Options
    Yep, I see :) Rutten will be a real good coach for Schalke. Schalke will fight for the championship next season.
  • Options
    so now Martin Jol will be the man after stevens ..any comments???
    anyways the portugese do not take Maniche to the euro !!!!I can not understand!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yep, Jol is also a great coach. Prob Jol and Rutten are in my opinion the best dutch coaches behind Hiddink. So HSV made a real good choice. :)

C'MON GERS!!!
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yep, Jol is also a great coach. Prob Jol and Rutten are in my opinion the best dutch coaches behind Hiddink. So HSV made a real good choice. :)

C'MON GERS!!!

we will see how everthing will be now ..especially if vdv leaves ..
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Prob Jol and Rutten are in my opinion the best dutch coaches behind Hiddink
    Whatta bout Rikjaard? he was doing okay but for these last two seasons, last wednesday he looked as if the weight of the world was upon his shoulders, felt a little sorry for him!!
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    Whatta bout Rikjaard? he was doing okay but for these last two seasons, last wednesday he looked as if the weight of the world was upon his shoulders, felt a little sorry for him!!
    Rijkaard is a very good coach too. But Jol, Rutten and Hiddink prooved that they can make of weaker teams, strong teams. Jol did it real great with RKC (in holland) did almost reach European football with RKC. And RKC is a team that normally plays for degradation or play in the first division. And Jol did it well with Tottenham. Rutten made of an average team FC Twente, a team that will play European football again (and maybe even gonna play CL next season). And Hiddink did it well with PSV, South Corea, Holland and Australia. And now with Russia he's also going to the EC again.

Rijkaard did coach Sparta in Holland, after his bondscoach period. And he did degradate with that team. I'm not saying that it was all his fault, but he was the manager that season. And the first 3 seasons he did it great with Barcelona, then the last 2 years weren't really good. As bondscoach of Holland he reached the semi-final of the EC. So that isn't bad either, although it was in our own country and we had the best team of the EC at that moment.
  • Options
    no hildebramdt in the lineup for the euro :( i am sorry for him
    Adler is a good choice
    surprise is for me jones and Marin on may 28 he will say who is in of them and who is not
  • Options
    hsv goes europe uefa cup gooodbye stevens thank you ..
    last match 7:0 vs karlsruhe
  • Options
    Congrats lady, hope Stevens can make PSV champion. But with all the trouble PSV has the last few weeks I have my doubts. :) Hope Jol can make HSV champion next season ;)
  • Options
    thank you ..wish you ood luck too ..well after euro we will see bec. so many players are talking about to leave vdv,kompany ....etc.
    so i am glad if we play up again and when we do not fall out of the uefa in the first round ;)
    soooooooooooooo now lets talk euro 2008
    who is hot(joke-)
    who can be the player of euro 2008
    who is your top fave
    who is your secret tip
    and who should not win the titel?
    and are zou fine with the line ups of the teams ?
  • Options
    who is your top fave
    who is your secret tip
    and are zou fine with the line ups of the teams ?
    player of euro 2008 will be Torres
    Germany will be 'Meister' ;)
    secret tip, will be Russia.
    Holland should not win the title :p
    line ups? I don't know them yet
  • Options
    who is your top fave
    who is your secret tip
    Benzema
    France
    Germany
    France
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    elmer wrote:
    Benzema
    France
    Germany
    France

Sorry, you can't give Germany as a 'secret tip', crumbs they get to the final even when they have a 'bad' team, remember the World Cup 6 years ago?
    I fancy Portugal will go all the way this time, they have the players and the experience...Ronaldo, Deco, Carvalho, Ferrera...so it goes on. They will be very strong.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....