Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    stu gee wrote:
    Dida's reaction was despicable and was a perfect example with what is wrong with football today in my opinion. The fan's behaviour is impossible to defend and every decent minded Celtic fan will have been outraged at what he did as it over shadowed a fantastic result, but as Brian Quinn the Celtic chairman said, Dida's actions have to be called in to question as well.

Overall it was a great week for Scottish clubs footballwise, with Rangers beating Lyon 3-0 in France, Celtic beating the European champions, and Aberdeen getting to the next stage of the Uefa cup. Would be a shame if Celtic were punished with anything other than a fine in my opinion.

Was refreshing to hear that the Italian newspapers were apparently ridiculing Dida for what he did, and that via the club website, thousands of Ac Milan fans were calling on Dida to be punished as well.
    was like Dida initially thought -right im gonna have him- then changes his mind and decides to play hurt,,,,,the guy is a brick shithouse which makes it seem worse. it aint just the south americans who enjoy all this acting, drogba & ballack, again big fuckers, love it too.
    yeah, agree celtic shouldnt be sanctioned but the fan(heard he has a life ben imposed now) & the goalie should both be punished.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    elmer wrote:
    was like Dida initially thought -right im gonna have him- then changes his mind and decides to play hurt,,,,,the guy is a brick shithouse which makes it seem worse. it aint just the south americans who enjoy all this acting, drogba & ballack, again big fuckers, love it too.
    yeah, agree celtic shouldnt be sanctioned but the fan(heard he has a life ben imposed now) & the goalie should both be punished.

I dont know what's happening at all. I know they want to win but have they no pride? I saw Gary O'Connor diving for Scotland against Lithuania and was disgusted and made my feelings known along with lots of other people in the pub i was in at the time. If that kind of thing really crept in to the Scottish game, as much as i love football, id struggle to keep interest.

Overall looking back at the Dida incident, i hope he is feeling like a right prick now. My guess is that perhaps his dive was a cheap attempt to maybe get the game abandoned and get the points, or a replay or something. When he was getting stretchered off with an ice pack strapped to him he must have been thinking 'fuck, i have just made myself look an arse in front of millions of people'.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    I dont know what's happening at all. I know they want to win but have they no pride? I saw Gary O'Connor diving for Scotland against Lithuania and was disgusted and made my feelings known along with lots of other people in the pub i was in at the time. If that kind of thing really crept in to the Scottish game, as much as i love football, id struggle to keep interest.
    quote]
    problem is that so many will condemn it but look sideways when it s their own. at the 2002 world cup england beat argentina on the back of an owen dive, was spoken of at the time as a "fortunate pen" not just a dive, which it was. knowing the argies wouldnt waste no time in doing the same seemed to lessen it.
    maybe cos the cheating is a cultural thing and football has become more globalised with even plenty of foreigners in the lower leagues this is something to be expected
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    stu gee wrote:
    quote]
    problem is that so many will condemn it but look sideways when it s their own. at the 2002 world cup england beat argentina on the back of an owen dive, was spoken of at the time as a "fortunate pen" not just a dive, which it was. knowing the argies wouldnt waste no time in doing the same seemed to lessen it.
    maybe cos the cheating is a cultural thing and football has become more globalised with even plenty of foreigners in the lower leagues this is something to be expected

I find watching european champions league games really frustrating nowadays. Scottish domestic football is often not the prettiest but its pretty honest which is why i still like it. Some of my friends dont have any interest in european games at all and are strictly only into domestic football which i am beginning to understand. I found that in the Celtic game the other night that donati does make a meal of it but i honestly dont see it in Scottish teams to the same extent as i do in say Italian teams for example. As good a player as kaka is, i was so looking for someone to snap him the other night lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    elmer wrote:
    The Gunners are gonna win the premiership this season, I have the belief now. apparently Wenger was offered 50+m in the summer to add to the squad in the summer but preffered to wait. the guy knows his shit! nice to know that if he does see a player and needs 40mil to get him then its there but at the moment where would you add? maybe a central defender (though there is gallas to come back) or a defensive midfielder (time will tell of this need).
    wenger is the greatest thing that's happened to the premier league. he's introduced a style to the league that really can be called 'the beautiful game'. win or lose this season, arsenal are playing amazing football, the way the game is meant to be played, they truly are a joy to watch. i've never been so proud to be an arsenal supporter. well, maybe on a couple of occassions *cough cough invincibles cough* *cough arsenal 2-0 liverpool* ;)

as far as adding to the squad, there is some serious depth this year, don't think they need a defensive mid with flamini playing out of his skin, the man's keeping gilberto on the bench!? they could probably use a replacement wing with rosicky & hlebs constant injuries but then you diaby, walcott, denilson, diarra, it's insane. this leaves gilberto for cover as a central defender (even though i'm not convinced about him in that role). senderos can be a bit of a shaky option sometimes too.

god i love this football team :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    wenger is the greatest thing that's happened to the premier league. he's introduced a style to the league that really can be called 'the beautiful game'. win or lose this season, arsenal are playing amazing football, the way the game is meant to be played, they truly are a joy to watch. i've never been so proud to be an arsenal supporter. well, maybe on a couple of occassions *cough cough invincibles cough* *cough arsenal 2-0 liverpool* ;)

as far as adding to the squad, there is some serious depth this year, don't think they need a defensive mid with flamini playing out of his skin, the man's keeping gilberto on the bench!? they could probably use a replacement wing with rosicky & hlebs constant injuries but then you diaby, walcott, denilson, diarra, it's insane. this leaves gilberto for cover as a central defender (even though i'm not convinced about him in that role). senderos can be a bit of a shaky option sometimes too.

god i love this football team :D
    yeah Senderos can cause a few butterflys. there is still Gallas to come back, his preferred position is central defender and its about time he had a run as he hasnt given anything yet with all his injurie problems. the 3-2 over sunderland was just beauty.
  • Options
    Is Cygan still playing for Arsenal? He is an utter bombscare of a player, dont envy being an Arsenal fan when he is involved, id go as bald as him with stress.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    yeah Senderos can cause a few butterflys. there is still Gallas to come back, his preferred position is central defender and its about time he had a run as he hasnt given anything yet with all his injurie problems. the 3-2 over sunderland was just beauty.
    yeah was a really good game to watch as well (once you knew we were going to win *phew*). could've been all over after 18mins if diabys goal was allowed, but sunderland really made us sweat it out. thank god for van persie. thought walcott made a huge impact when he came on too. can't wait to see gallas back out there, such a great player, always good for a few sneaky goals when you need them too, hope he gets a good injury-free run for the rest of the season.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    Is Cygan still playing for Arsenal? He is an utter bombscare of a player, dont envy being an Arsenal fan when he is involved, id go as bald as him with stress.
    nah he's gone, can't remember the poor team who bought him, that guy is a heart-attack in boots.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    DIDA is expecting a slap on the wrists from UEFA today.... two surgeons and an ambulance are on stand by.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    Is Cygan still playing for Arsenal?
    Villerreal. & apparently doing well over there, oh well theres differences, Kanoute has scored loads in la liga when Id not have rated him top level in the premiership(tottenham did but then they've also spent £16m on Darren Bent).
  • Options
    It appears there'll be no england next year at the euros, well theres a strong chance of it. Can see israel rolling over to the russians as they've nothing to play for and andorra aint even a proper game. England still have to beat croatia to keep slim hopes alive, and that'll be a task. be weird, last time was the usa94 worldcup and that felt different.
  • Options
    Scotland have to beat Italy at Hampden in November to make it through. It will be extremely difficult so im not holding my breath, but in any case, if anyone at the start had told us we would qualify if we won our last game against Italy we would have taken that gladly. To have finished 3rd in a group with France, Italy and Ukraine wouldnt have been a disaster so to have beaten France home and away and to have been at the top of the table so late in the qualifying stages is a massive achievment. They were shite last night but we were due a poor performance so cant complain.

England havent really performed very well in the qualifying stages at all, considering the team they have to pick from. I dont think Mclaren is the right man for that job, i never thought he was.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I'm really happy....chile beat peru last wednesday in the 2010 qualifiers :)
    check the second goal...a master piece http://youtube.com/watch?v=_jz27QcpMmg
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    [size=+15]Glasgow Rangers 3 - 0 Celtic[/size]
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    [size=+15]Glasgow Rangers 3 - 0 Celtic[/size]
    :D:D:D Ah such bad losers, makes it even more enjoyable.
    Barca next :o
  • Options
    Celtic were terrible, some of them never even showed up. People like Donati should be having a look at themselves after that game, didnt look interested at times. Still top of the league though i suppose. What i find incredibly frustrating is that Scot Brown, Lee Mculloch, Alan Hutton and Alan Magregor were all sidelined for the Scotland game in midweek and yet make full recoveries to play in the old firm.
  • Options
    Only top thanks to the stupid blind linesman chalking off our 4th.
    McCulloch was suspended for Scotland.
  • Options
    Rangers have had plenty dodgy decisions their way like everyone else, some you win some you lose.

Top of the league.
  • Options
    I see Dida got his suspension reduced to one game on appeal. Sends out the wrong message if UEFA are serious about stopping the cheats. He should have got at least the two game ban, as well as a hefty fine. Something that would actually hurt him as well, not a stupid few thousand. There needs to be a deterrent in order to make any sort of impact on these cheating bastards.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    some you win some you lose.

Top of the league.

Aye, some you win 3-0 and it's too fucking easy

"I hope no one takes a photo of me looking like a fud!"

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9071/thinffig31nn3tc4.jpg
  • Options
    Aye, some you win 3-0 and it's too fucking easy

"I hope no one takes a photo of me looking like a fud!"

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9071/thinffig31nn3tc4.jpg

Catastrophic defending cost us more than the quality of your team did, although ill admit Rangers were deserving winners.

Still, top of the league.
  • Options
    You didn't say how embarrassing it was that they still held up the banner, at a televised match, with celtic, your own club's name, spelled wrong! Just in case you were changing the subject :D

Ah the Nazi salute again :) If all Rangers fans are mad Nazi's, then all celtic fans are IRA supporting scum.

I have friends who are season ticket holders at paedo park, I've seen the letter from your board, asking to stop with the songs...or in typical celtic style of "covering up" yous have to belt out Hail Hail when the IRA songs get too loud. Glorifying murdering terrorists that killed innocents?

It's just the prods that do the Nazi salutes????
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/208/friedrichcochpv7.jpg
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9851/hitler26bishopyd6.gif
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/639/nazipriestssalutehitlerte8.jpg

Saw at the start of the filth's game tonight on a big electronic messageboard...

"Welcome to Ibpox"

The Green Brigade might be halfwits but the people writing your messages either dont know where they are, dont know how to spell Ibrox, or, and this is the most probable explanation, they recognise Rangers and Ibrox are poxy.
  • Options
    7-0 muthafuckers. seven fuckin nil. eat it prague.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    Saw at the start of the filth's game tonight on a big electronic messageboard...

"Welcome to Ibpox"

The Green Brigade might be halfwits but the people writing your messages either dont know where they are, dont know how to spell Ibrox, or, and this is the most probable explanation, they recognise Rangers and Ibrox are poxy.

Heres a key word for you [size=+2]electronic[/size]
    A technical fault or a typo, thats fuck all compared to a bunch of fannies making up a big banner to hold up at a live televised match!!!
    CELTCS FEEDER CLU8. I still can't believe that hahahahaahah.

And whit are you slabbering oan about now?? Our 5 star Uefa awarded stadium aye? Mind the roof of that giro dome fell in on ye's hahaha they'll knock that mechano-dome down in a few year

Let's have a look at POXY Ibrox :D

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=62376749&blogID=295740374
  • Options
    I thought our card display looked IMMENSE last night!!

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6085/dsc00178bj0.jpg

The scum thought they had better copy us
    Here's their effort :D it's meant to say HAIL HAIL
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/995/a2rcyvdy3tv9.jpg

They got made fun of because they can't afford to do it all the way around the stadium, so stopped it :D
  • Options
    Heres a key word for you [size=+2]electronic[/size]
    A technical fault or a typo, thats fuck all compared to a bunch of fannies making up a big banner to hold up at a live televised match!!!
    CELTCS FEEDER CLU8. I still can't believe that hahahahaahah.

And whit are you slabbering oan about now?? Our 5 star Uefa awarded stadium aye? Mind the roof of that giro dome fell in on ye's hahaha they'll knock that mechano-dome down in a few year

Let's have a look at POXY Ibrox :D

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=62376749&blogID=295740374

The Green Brigade are a tiny minority of idiots at Parkhead but at least we dont have them employed working for us like your halfwit messageboard monkey. There was also a similar style mistake in a famous banner that some halfwit rangers fans made about Seville, Porto and Mourinho that you conveniently dont refer to, as well as the fucking idiots with the where in ireland is glasgow banner, with the fud above him with an ulster flag. Spongo of the highest order, and i seem to remember you finding it impossible to recognise the very obvious irony.

Tap of the league, up ye.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Feckin' proddie bastards.

My two groats.

:D
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    The Green Brigade are a tiny minority of idiots at Parkhead but at least we dont have them employed working for us like your halfwit messageboard monkey. There was also a similar style mistake in a famous banner that some halfwit rangers fans made about Seville, Porto and Mourinho that you conveniently dont refer to, as well as the fucking idiots with the where in ireland is glasgow banner, with the fud above him with an ulster flag. Spongo of the highest order, and i seem to remember you finding it impossible to recognise the very obvious irony.

Tap of the league, up ye.

Ready for another away-day spanking :D
  • Options
    Feckin' proddie bastards.

My two groats.

:D

Don't usually see you in here, you're normally brown-nosing elsewhere.
    And that's [size=+]superior[/size] proddie bastards, get it right.