Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Robbie Fowler signs for Cardiff City :D:D:D:D

Ninian Park is gonna be buzzing this year!!!!!!!!

Premier League here we come!!!

COME ON YOU BLUEBIRDS!!!
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Klumpie wrote:
    Lol, I understand your feeling. I hope the judger gives Groningen the justice.
    It's better to get more money than 3.5M.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Oi West Ham! Keep your dirty mits off of Anelka!

Carry on.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Dunno why anyone would want anelka anyway. Talented player but the most disloyal i have ever seen. His brother ochestrates a lot of it though, seeing he is a money grabbing bastard and also his agent.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    reckon the Arsenal will still get 4th, wouldnt be surprised if it finishes the same top 4 in the prem. Itll be interesting to see how Keane & Sven will do this season.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    Dunno why anyone would want anelka anyway. Talented player but the most disloyal i have ever seen. His brother ochestrates a lot of it though, seeing he is a money grabbing bastard and also his agent.
    Yeah, his brother is a pain in the ass, but we don't need West Ham unsettling him. They are not in his list of teams to leave for. Plus at this point we could not buy a replacement of equal value.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Bolton have said that 13m will get Anelka......I think thats a bit steep, he has a look of disinterest about him on the pitch which irks fans, not sure if he has got a 25goal season in him either.
  • Options
    Wouldnt pay that for him. Henry is a year older and cost a couple million extra but he is a quality player and has a good attitude, if i was a manager i would always avoid players who move around at the quickest opportunity, players like Anelka or Bellamy for example.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    elmer wrote:
    there is a chance Reyes could be brought back to Arsenal now that Henry has fucked off. could the gallic kings presence in the team have intimidated him? chance.

Reyes signed with Atletico Madrid today looks like Arsenal still have to look for another quality striker!?
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    phatucini wrote:
    Reyes signed with Atletico Madrid today looks like Arsenal still have to look for another quality striker!?
    van persie has been looking damn fine during pre-season, did you see his winning goal vs inter???? oh my god, i must've watched that 10 times & still couldn't figure out what he did with his feet?! outstanding. i think him & adebayor will work well together this year.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Tevez saga now over.

reckon he's gonna be a significant signing for them, especially in trying to win the champs lge. hes a great diver too so that will ease some pressure on ronaldo (or perhaps encourage him more?

for outright attacking potential they gotta have the best squad in europe (yeah barca are ok too), in vidic&ferdinand their defense aint too bad either.

takes the piss
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    elmer wrote:
    Tevez saga now over.

reckon he's gonna be a significant signing for them, especially in trying to win the champs lge. hes a great diver too so that will ease some pressure on ronaldo (or perhaps encourage him more?

for outright attacking potential they gotta have the best squad in europe (yeah barca are ok too), in vidic&ferdinand their defense aint too bad either.

takes the piss

Let's not forget the addition of Hargraves!.....should hekp shore up the mid field
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    lookin forward to the weekend, gonna be interesting to see roy Keane as manager of Sunderland, waiting for the fuse to blow..

and Sven who has brought in many players nobody seems to have heard of ,,,,,,,,,,,maybe relegation for city
  • Options
    The tevez things isnt over apparently and he's going to miss the start of the season, was on sky sports earlier.

Its not a big prediction to make but i think it will again be between man U and Chelsea, with Liverpool and Arsenal there or there abouts. Arsenal could maybe cause a shock but i think Henry is a bigger loss than they realise. Think West Ham and Newcastle might do well this season, and as for the bottom of the league, i think maybe Birmingham, Wigan and Fulham.

I wouldnt actually be that happy if i was a Man City fan, Sven is just buying all these unheard ofs and it wont get them success i dont think. Ive never actually thought that much of him as a manager, hasnt done much aside from lazio.
  • Options
    Only a few days till the season starts!!! :D I'm very excited!

(I'm a liverpool fan btw)
  • Options
    Tevez saga over, 2year deal, though proabaly wont feature against reading due to his match fitness.

Liverpool are the side that need to start well, a 0-0 against Villa tomorrow would be typical of them. Torres I cant see getting 20+ goals, and babel I know nothing of.
  • Options
    We usually all watch soccer saturday on sky sports with a big cargo of booze, i wont be tomorrow as im busy but this is something new for the season that we are going to be trying out lol

Soccer Saturday Drinking Game

Jeff Stelling is a sport television presenter, currently hosting Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports. Gillette Soccer Saturday is a television programme broadcast on Sky Sports in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland during the football season.

Starting at mid-day and lasting up to six hours in total, Stelling hosts a panel of four pundits every week who debate the games coming up and the current issues in the sport until 3pm. When the games kick off the pundits watch a game each, usually from the FA Premier League or FA Cup, and report on significant incidents as they progress.

Drinking game rules are as follows.....

- Everytime a goal is scored:- 1 shot of beer

- Every sending off:- 1 shot of Jager (or substitute)

- Half time:- Absolutley no alcoholic beverages may be imbibed during this period.

- Whenever Chris Kamara is talking:- You must be drinking

- Whenever Merson uses stupid rhyming slang (i.e."he's hit the beans on
    toast"!):- 1 shot of Jager

- In the second half, all teams can only be referred to by their nicknames:- Failure to do so results in a 3 beer shot penalty.

- Whenever Swindon Town appear on the vidiprinter: - Last person to shout out 'Mackerel' takes shot of Jager.

- Whenever Dundee appear on the vidiprinter:- Last person to shout out 'Football' takes shot of Jager.

- Everytime Phil Thompson says 'Stevie Gerrard':- 3 shots of beer.

- Everytime Jeff makes an 'A Trialist' joke:- 3 shots of beer.

- Everytime your team score:- 2 extra shots of beer

- Everytime Matty Taylor and 'Goal of the Season' are mentioned in the same sentence:- 1 shot of Jager

- Everytime Jeff calls Kenny Deucher 'The Good Doctor':- 1 shot of Whisky

- Any hint of racism (social or otherwise) from any of the pundits:- Quad bombs (4 jager+redbull) all round

- Everytime Hartlepool score a goal:- 3 shots of beer

- Everytime a pundit shouts off camera:- 2 shots of beer

- Everytime LeTiss is mentioned in connection with a takeaway: - 1 shot of Jager

- Whenever Chris Kamara says "its unbelievable Jeff", all drinks must be downed

- Everytime Jeff mentions "dancing in the streets of TNS: - 1 shot of jager

- Everytime Jeff says "its Doom and Gloom at..." - 1 shot of jager

- Everytime the team 'Keith' is referred to as just being one guy :- 1 shot of jager

- Everytime Brighton & Hove, or Daggers & Redbridge are jokingly referred to as two different teams playing the same oppo :- 1 shot of jager

- Everytime when Arbroath striker Kevin Webster scores and Stelling says "ohh, Sally will be pleased" :- 1 shot of Jager.

- Everytime anything bad happens to Craig Bellemy (injury, og, booked, arrested for assault etc.) :- 2 celebratory shots of the spirit of choice.
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    football season starts tomorrow, oh yeah.

lets see if spurs can live up to the expectation...there's only 1 keano.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    that drinkin game sounds hard, how are you supposed to remember all those rules when your plastered drunk, ill give it a shot next weekend though.
  • Options
    that drinkin game sounds hard, how are you supposed to remember all those rules when your plastered drunk, ill give it a shot next weekend though.

I know, it would be difficult to remember it sober never mind steaming, and fuck sitting there trying to figure it out as you get wrecked, would just descend into a farce, like most drinking games i suppose lol. Sure there are a few different soccer saturday style drinking games you could devise that are easier though.
  • Options
    One thing im excited about is seeing eamon dunphy back on irish tv :D He is a national hero!
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    oooohhhhh....aaaahhhhh....keano.

it couldn't be more dramatic than this...a winning goal on the 93rd minute.

well done, roy.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    jeaubong wrote:
    oooohhhhh....aaaahhhhh....keano.

it couldn't be more dramatic than this...a winning goal on the 93rd minute.

well done, roy.
    Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

yours sincerely
    arsenal supporter
    :cool:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    One thing im excited about is seeing eamon dunphy back on irish tv :D He is a national hero!

aint he that drunk fuck who is always up roy Keanes ass, saw him pissed on your tv back during the 2002WCup. thought he was a cunt.
  • Options
    Is anybody hoping Chelsea will play al little more open now that ´Jose´ has left Chelski? I hope to see something different this Sunday against Manu.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    Is anybody hoping Chelsea will play al little more open now that ´Jose´ has left Chelski? I hope to see something different this Sunday against Manu.

What a little dirty filthy quiter
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    What a little dirty filthy quiter

I take it you feel he should have stayed.:D I can't say I am too broken up about it. I hope they start play a bit more offensive now.
    I do think both the club and the coach decided on this out come, so you can't just blame him. However I think it was a defesive move from his side, sparing him from being sacked.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    PSV KAMPIOENNENN

Is Feyenoord playing European Football??
    When does Ajax play in the CL??

WHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Does anyone know the result of Celtic in the CL? :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Does anyone know the result of Celtic in the CL? :)

lol. I'm sure they aint worried, according to Boruc, they can win the CL...

I tell you one thing, Barca are shitting it from us :D