The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Manu lost ...vs Rom
    so they need to win in Manchester!!!!

I think we managed to pull it off. :p

You know what's scary about Messi's goal? It's almost a carbon copy of Maradona's against England in '86 (stinking fat cheat--sorry, had to add that), to the point that I have seen a YouTube where the very creative maker took the audio from Maradona's goal and added it to Messi's, and even the freaking commentary fits. :eek:
    elmer wrote:
    what about freddy adu???? I heard he had a trial with man utd earlier in the season, he s a name been banded about for a time now, if justified and now he is...what in his late teens?...then id assume a european move would be on the cards................though I doubt he is a tevez or a messi

Adu is terrible. Overhyped at best, not quite what his bill of goods says he is at worst.

The MLS is just going to have to face the fact that it's really nothing more than a developmental league, and if the US wants to continue to improve on the world stage, the folks at USSF are going to have to suck it up and let their players go to Europe.

2002 WC squad: primarily players in Europe
    2006 WC squad: primarily MLS players

Think it's any coincidence what ended up happening on the field?
    Well, shit. Oh well, we didn't deserve to win by that performance today. Talk about a missed opportunity, especially after going up early. Bah.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Well, shit. Oh well, we didn't deserve to win by that performance today. Talk about a missed opportunity, especially after going up early. Bah.
    you talking about man u?.......I saw it and it was scrappy, chelsea will likely beat portsmouth today and the prem will be in their hands, their right back in when they shouldnt be...........it all comes down to man u´s squad being light by 1or2 quality players, a few months back you had the class of a Heinze on the bench now after the injurys its getting testy. Vidic resumes training on monday, ferdinand is desperatly needed and to go into the milan game without those two is gonna be tough.
    Chelsea still have to play Arsenal, so it aint all doom and gloom(yet).

westham kept their survival dream alive yesterday, and Leyton Orient secured their league1 status with a 2-0 away win against Bradford.
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    bloody hell, that messi goal was fantastic!!

Celtic beat Kilmarnock today and and we're champions again.

mon the hoops
    Hail Hail
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Fuck what a day...a day to remember but not in a positive way.

New standing Holland:

1. AZ 33 - 72
    2. AJAX 33 - 72
    3. PSV 33- 72

AZ has by far the best balance and PSV the worst. So bye bye championship. Still 1 match to go.

Oh yeah before I forget, bye bye Koeman. Martin Jol will be our new coach for next season, but you will hear that over 2 weeks.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Klumpie wrote:
    Fuck what a day...a day to remember but not in a positive way.

New standing Holland:

1. AZ 33 - 72
    2. AJAX 33 - 72
    3. PSV 33- 72

AZ has by far the best balance and PSV the worst. So bye bye championship. Still 1 match to go.

Oh yeah before I forget, bye bye Koeman. Martin Jol will be our new coach for next season, but you will hear that over 2 weeks.
    To be honest, I think it's over for PSV.

But 3 teams leading with same points never occured in the Netherlands I guess. I am really looking forward to the last match next week.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    To be honest, I think it's over for PSV.

But 3 teams leading with same points never occured in the Netherlands I guess. I am really looking forward to the last match next week.

Off course it's over for PSV, AZ will crush over Excelsior next week. And to be fair they deserve it. AZ will be the first champion since 1981 outside of the original Top-3 (PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord). Also that team was AZ, and also that AZ had a rich chairman. So the history repeat.

No I've never seen this before.
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    Nakamura is a god!!!

injury time freekick. celtic are champions.

im drunk and im going to bed
    Hail Hail
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Yeh well done to celtic for achieving what Rangers did in 1991 or something
    *starts the slow clap*
    [size=+2] CLAP [/size][size=+2] CLAP [/size][size=+2] CLAP [/size]

:D
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Yup, just found it and great stuff it is. All these years I thought I was alone in my love of the beautiful game amongst P Jammers.
    Well done Celtic. Come on United, who was that who said Chelsea would obviously win on Sunday? They all look knackered (yes United as well).
    Before I go, I would like to leave you with this thought-Liverpool have ruined the reputation of the Champions League. Why? You may ask, well here's why. Two years ago they somehow were crowned Champions of Europe,when it was 15 years since they were last champions of England for god's sake-in fact, in 17 years (now) they've never even threatened to become champions of England! What a mockery of the whole shebang! Shame on them.
    P.S Long live King Eric the Red. Discuss....
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    Yup, just found it and great stuff it is. All these years I thought I was alone in my love of the beautiful game amongst P Jammers.
    Well done Celtic. Come on United, who was that who said Chelsea would obviously win on Sunday? They all look knackered (yes United as well).
    Before I go, I would like to leave you with this thought-Liverpool have ruined the reputation of the Champions League. Why? You may ask, well here's why. Two years ago they somehow were crowned Champions of Europe,when it was 15 years since they were last champions of England for god's sake-in fact, in 17 years (now) they've never even threatened to become champions of England! What a mockery of the whole shebang! Shame on them.
    P.S Long live King Eric the Red. Discuss....

If you prefer Rangers over Celtic - Hiya!!

:D

The pool fans will have a reply for ya am sure!
    Liverpool suck...sorry I've just a bad day about PSV.
    Poor Klumpie. It was alot easier for me as we lost the league back in October lol.

I remember now that I ask you about 20 times who you want as coach?? :D
    I can't remember who you said though! :o
    Poor Klumpie. It was alot easier for me as we lost the league back in October lol.

Martin Jol of the Spurs.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫

Bert van Marwijk is my favorite. But a big chance that they choose Jol.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Bert van Marwijk is my favorite. But a big chance that they choose Jol.
    Ok.

I don't think I have mentioned this yet?
    http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6/ckroachesik2.png
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Ok.

Dutch giants ? :D
    Sorry but that was in the past.the last years PSV was THE team which represented the Netherlands.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.

Dutch giants? Whuahahaha, I can make an ugly joke but I don't want to start a fight. :D
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Dutch giants ? :D
    Sorry but that was in the past.the last years PSV was THE team which represented the Netherlands.

Excactly, sadly enough AZ will rule the Dutch league the next few years.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Dutch giants? Whuahahaha, I can make an ugly joke but I don't want to start a fight. :D
    You are not usually slow in starting fights :D
    It wasn't me who called them giants, but I think they are still seen as that.
    You are not usually slow in starting fights :D
    It wasn't me who called them giants, but I think they are still seen as that.

Yeah, they are giants just like Nothingham Forrest, Aston Villa, Hamburger SV, Feyenoord etc. Ajax = history.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yeah, they are giants just like Nothingham Forrest, Aston Villa, Hamburger SV, Feyenoord etc. Ajax = history.
    And Aberdeen? :)
    Good, good as in the past they have spanked Rangers. And I know you can make another ugly joke here, don't bother lol.
    Klumpie wrote:

That reminds me at the situation the 1 FC Köln (collogne ) is. They are still thinking that they are a great german Club but they are playing in the second Bundesliga...they are real Pearl Divers :D
    The times are not a' changing they are over ;)

And Klumpie, psv will also playing an significant Role in the european Football next year. I'm certain.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    And Klumpie, psv will also playing an significant Role in the european Football next year. I'm certain.
    If we don't reach the CL, players like Alex, Gomes, Farfan and Kone will move. Kone and Farfan are replaceble, Gomes and Alex aren't replaceble, so we are getting weaker.

I hope that players like Hofland, Bouma, Ooijer, Zenden and Makaay will come to PSV. This are players who loves PSV and they are dutch. Then Piet de Visser only has the scout 1 very big South-American talent and the next season will be hopefull again.
    Klumpie wrote:
    If we don't reach the CL, players like Alex, Gomes, Farfan and Kone will move. Kone and Farfan are replaceble, Gomes and Alex aren't replaceble, so we are getting weaker.

I hope that players like Hofland, Bouma, Ooijer, Zenden and Makaay will come to PSV. This are players who loves PSV and they are dutch. Then Piet de Visser only has the scout 1 very big South-American talent and the next season will be hopefull again.

I don't hink that Makaay is leaving Munich next year and if he would he just be able to play one or two seasons..Zenden isn't o young anymore and Kevin Hofland will surely trying to play in another League than the Dutch one... I think that the ps scouts are doing a real great job look at all the talents they found the last ten years!!!! They will find good players and the youth players from Eindhoven are surely also good players. They should try to get some luxemburger...we have a very good under 19 team who is able to play good football against great football nations ( Turkie, Germany, Wales,...) there are surely players which dream of a carreer in the Netherlands! :)
    luxpjamer wrote:
    I don't hink that Makaay is leaving Munich next year and if he would he just be able to play one or two seasons..Zenden isn't o young anymore and Kevin Hofland will surely trying to play in another League than the Dutch one... I think that the ps scouts are doing a real great job look at all the talents they found the last ten years!!!! They will find good players and the youth players from Eindhoven are surely also good players. They should try to get some luxemburger...we have a very good under 19 team who is able to play good football against great football nations ( Turkie, Germany, Wales,...) there are surely players which dream of a carreer in the Netherlands! :)

Makaay is to expensive and to good for the dutch league, yet. ;) Zenden is only 30 and can still be worthfull for PSV. Kevin Hofland is PSV-supporter and would come back anyday when he get the chance.
    Romario, Ronaldo, Cocu, Stam, Nilis, vNistelrooij, vBommel, Kezman, Robben, Farfan, Koné, Alex, Gomes etc. not a bad list. :)
    I don't know if PSV is looking in Luxembourgh to find some players, they should do it. With a young loosing only 1-0 against Holland is a good sign, but this Dutch team isn't very good.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Zenden is only 30 and can still be worthfull for PSV.
    I really tought he was 34 :( Sorry. I always have the feeling that it would be better for him if he would have play in teams were they really need his skills and not to be an substitute. He's a god player.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Romario, Ronaldo, Cocu, Stam, Nilis, vNistelrooij, vBommel, Kezman, Robben, Farfan, Koné, Alex, Gomes etc. not a bad list. :).

Yeah great list...!
    And I forget how much I loved Luc Nilis. That was a very good player.
    Klumpie wrote:

Won't PSV just bid lots of money on Alves of Heerenveen?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    Klumpie wrote:
    Makaay is to expensive and to good for the dutch league, yet. ;) Zenden is only 30 and can still be worthfull for PSV. Kevin Hofland is PSV-supporter and would come back anyday when he get the chance.
    Romario, Ronaldo, Cocu, Stam, Nilis, vNistelrooij, vBommel, Kezman, Robben, Farfan, Koné, Alex, Gomes etc. not a bad list. :)
    I don't know if PSV is looking in Luxembourgh to find some players, they should do it. With a young loosing only 1-0 against Holland is a good sign, but this Dutch team isn't very good.

You forgot Berry van Aerle. When I was young I really liked him! :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Schalke lost vs Bochum :p:p
    and today we (hsv) have to win vs Bayern München !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!